AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 39 24.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 28.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 51 32.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 10.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.63%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-10, 01:13   Link #121
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
The thing that makes it seem like she didn't know which room was that she looked through the three doors repeatedly. Although I most certainly do think that it was also her sensing something weird going on, it somehow looked like she was lost.
Maybe she gets meitantei powers in that moment?

Master had placed a small book into his pocket, thougn I'm not sure if it was the same side as where he was stabbed. That could be the reason why there wasn't too much blood. Although this isn't really a concrete fact since he could've removed it sometime in the middle of him leaving and discovering his body.

I loved Kyon's "Which one's the beach ball??"
What I find even more intruging... how did Esper boy know which room was the master bedroom?

Remember he cant use his powers unless the situation is right.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Old 2006-05-10, 01:16   Link #122
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz
What I find even more intruging... how did Esper boy know which room was the master bedroom?

All I will say about this is... You guys are picking up a lot of hints!

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-10, 01:33   Link #123
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz

I can think of two possibilities, but I"m sure there are others as well.

Spoiler for speculation on how Itsuki knew:

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2006-05-10 at 02:29.
Old 2006-05-10, 01:41   Link #124
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
2. The entire trip was set up to give Itsuki's organization a chance to study Haruhi's behavior in a semi-controlled environment. Thus Itsuki knew because he was there earilier to make a report or something.

great. now you spoiled it for me. cheers.

*digs a hole at the beach and dumps Kamui4356 in it*

Old 2006-05-10, 01:42   Link #125
SOS-Brigade
Aliens, Sliders, Espers!

Send a message via MSN to SOS-Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Also...
Spoiler:

Why would she do that?
Yep, noticed that too, most likely since shortly after the frames shake as we see the doors, most likely uncertain which door it is like someone mentioned earlier, or maybe preparing herself for... whats to come? A sudden wave of emotion ?
Old 2006-05-10, 02:26   Link #126
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
great. now you spoiled it for me. cheers.

*digs a hole at the beach and dumps Kamui4356 in it*

*climbs out of hole*
heh heh, then my goal has been achived!
*checks "spoil Onizuka-GTO" off ''to do'' list*

Though I should probably add a speculation disclaimer or some spoiler tags just in case...
Old 2006-05-10, 03:17   Link #127
rain...

I noticed Itsuki mentioned to Kyon about providing Haruhi with adequate entertainment to prevent her from being bored at the beach scene. Could that be a hint that Itsuki's really up to something?
Old 2006-05-10, 03:40   Link #128
arcticphoenix16

sigh... the worst thing about being a novel reader is that you know what's going to happen but you can't spoil it for everyone else.

*frustrated*

and they decided to skip around again! which means I can't post the answer until 2 weeks after. Grrrr
Old 2006-05-10, 03:41   Link #129
kamikazex

wow lol i just spoiled it for myself too..CRAP!
Old 2006-05-10, 03:46   Link #130
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Well, Itsuki could've seen the blueprint while the Villa was being planned, or he might have gone to talk to the master in one of the few instance he's not around. IIRC, he wasn't around too much when the SOS団 was in the basement game room. Of course, those are pure specualtions.

Another thing I noticed is that Haruhi doesn't seem to mind Kyon paying more attention to Mikuru. Just as early as Kyon staring at Mikuru who was staring at the maid, I was half expecting something to explode. I suppose I could say Haruhi was too taken by the thought of a desserted island.

Itsuki also used a storm for an example for his explanation for Kyon. All the more to believe that Itsuki is somewhat behind everything.
Old 2006-05-10, 04:12   Link #131
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I wasn't expecting mysterious sign so soon at all personally... not that it's surprising now I think about it.

Imouto-in-a-bag is going to become a huge meme from the look of it.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-10, 04:27   Link #132
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

I noticed at the OP, in the begining when she reaches out and grabs someones hand, it's probably fair to say that's Kyon's hand?

And I realized the lyrics fit perfectly with the story, obviously. I'm dense.
Old 2006-05-10, 04:46   Link #133
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
lol way to go generalizing based on animes and dramas..japan does NOT have a great deal of arranged marriages, very little to almost none infact.. even among the extremely wealthy and powerful
I talked to a Japanese guy about 10 years ago about this, and (at the time) he said that it's about one-third "for love", about one-third fully arranged by parents/relatives, and about one-third "assissted" (with non-binding omiai and similar). And it's not like arranged marriges are always binding - he told me of a friend who had been engaged to someone but that someone got poor results at school and so the arrangement got cancelled.
Old 2006-05-10, 04:50   Link #134
kari-no-sugata

heh, I expected people to start pointing the finger at Itsuki much earlier - I'm surprised it took this long. Though I've no idea what happens in the novels for this story-arc, to me, Itsuki seemed pretty suspicious from the start - what with his talk of stopping Haruhi from being bored etc. He seems a bit too knowledgeable about detective novels and concepts... and already planned out how Haruhi might react.

ie, I suspect the death is fake... but I could be completely wrong on this.
Old 2006-05-10, 05:14   Link #135
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I didn't think this episode was quite as funny as the rest of the series... though I think a complete lack of Mikuru-molestation may have contributed somewhat to that. I'm still undecided about whether the continuing messed up episode order thing will work or not: it gets points for being so bizarre and unconventional (much like a lot of other things in this series), but it has the potential to turn into a repetitive and annoying gimmick. I think they're going to have to tread about it very carefully.

The story itself was intriguing, despite the fact that it felt suspicously like filler. Worst thing is, we have no idea when we're going to get to the conclusion of this little side chapter.

Overall verdict: Good episode, but lacked the spark that's been in the rest of the series to date. I'd say below average for a Haruhi episode, but that's still awesome.
Old 2006-05-10, 05:31   Link #136
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The episode is still awesome because of scenes mentioned above and also the part where Haruhi asks Kyon to say daisuki and cuts him off quickly.

This episode shows the really fun side of Haruhi, no matter how eccentric and powerful a goddess she is, shes still a cute girl at heart.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-05-10, 06:54   Link #137
SOS-Brigade
Aliens, Sliders, Espers!

Send a message via MSN to SOS-Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I can think of two possibilities, but I"m sure there are others as well.

Spoiler for speculation on how Itsuki knew:
I completely agree with the second =P It really gives out that impression if you
listen to Itsuki's explaintion at the start of the episode about the literature of
detective stories and how you have to be in the right location~
Old 2006-05-10, 07:16   Link #138
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Starting to feel kinda annoyed with Haruhi, she rarely shuts up, rarely listens, and has little consideration for others. That made her formal introduction outside the manor feel a little out of place, actually. What she needs is Kyon telling her off, but it seems he doesn't dare to anymore. Ofcourse, it would require her to actually listen. Wasn't too impressed with this episode, some funny moments (girl-in-a-bag!), that's about it.
Old 2006-05-10, 07:24   Link #139
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Al i can say is, Itsuki wears nice cloths.
Old 2006-05-10, 09:10   Link #140
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix16
sigh... the worst thing about being a novel reader is that you know what's going to happen but you can't spoil it for everyone else.

*frustrated*

and they decided to skip around again! which means I can't post the answer until 2 weeks after. Grrrr
Someone expressed my feelings...I love you arcticphoenix16...

Last edited by iamandragon; 2006-05-10 at 22:49.
Closed Thread