AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-04-12, 23:34   Link #41
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Definatley NEWTYPE...While I love the suggestions of you anime-freaks it's always great to actually see profiles, reviews, and Illustrations of upcoming and already availiable anime...Usually after flipping thru an issue of NT I'm already ready to check out or am pining over a new show...Yeah it's the American version and to a few just hearing that turns them into negative nay-sayers...But Unlike the casual reader I actually know how to sift thru what's propaganda-fodder and what's just good magazine fodder...Basically that's the only anime magazine that's worth a damn at Barnes and Nobles...The price kind of fluctuates from time to time and that irritates me a bit (because of the FREE [really not free ] DVD and special insert posters), but I guess I got 10-15 dollar$ to spend each month...Overall it's a high quality Magazine with plenty of information for the most part (Not overtly Fluff at all)...haven't seen anything US-based that's even close to as good as NT...
Old 2006-04-13, 01:24   Link #42
Disembodied Voice
m-serve style

Rather than read, I'll just say I collect Megami and e-animedia's seiyuu magazine mostly.
Disembodied Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 02:51   Link #43
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i would like to order new type but its a little expensive for me atm.

so i subscribed to shojo beat.

lol....
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 03:04   Link #44
sei

A bit off-topic here;
Which is the best out of these three mags?Animedia,animage & newtype?

btw,i subscribe newtype(jap ver.)
sei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 07:32   Link #45
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I subscribe to Megami (yes, I have a lot of posters) and of course get whatever odd ones here and there that interrest me. But moreso for add-on's than news. The net is far faster than magazines, and it's free.

Back in the VHS days I'd get Animerica. HAHAHAHA. I remember selling a Cutey Honey ad and a Homeroom Affairs ad to a classmate for $5cdn.

I also used to get Monthly Comic Dragon, if that counts (more of a manga anthology) but I stopped when the shipper I was using went sour.

Out of all the current magazines, I choose Megami because it just screams quality, and I can easily make back the book's cost by selling any posters I don't want.

I also get Megami Deluxe whenever it interrested me. *hugs his Vol 6* because it's a big moneymaker too.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 20:23   Link #46
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

So would you recommend buying Megami? JList has a subscription available and I'm wondering if it's a good investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I subscribe to Megami (yes, I have a lot of posters) and of course get whatever odd ones here and there that interrest me. But moreso for add-on's than news. The net is far faster than magazines, and it's free.

Back in the VHS days I'd get Animerica. HAHAHAHA. I remember selling a Cutey Honey ad and a Homeroom Affairs ad to a classmate for $5cdn.

I also used to get Monthly Comic Dragon, if that counts (more of a manga anthology) but I stopped when the shipper I was using went sour.

Out of all the current magazines, I choose Megami because it just screams quality, and I can easily make back the book's cost by selling any posters I don't want.

I also get Megami Deluxe whenever it interrested me. *hugs his Vol 6* because it's a big moneymaker too.
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 20:28   Link #47
Kata

Subscribe to Newtype, it's borderline cheaper and the magazine is gorgeous I have the american ones spanning back to 2002 when it first got translated and stuff.
Kata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 20:40   Link #48
sorvani

buying newtype at the news stand is not worth it. i only did it for 6 months till i decided i actually did like it enough to keep reading it. that's when i subscribed. 40% savings is worth it. i had problems with a few issues getting here, and a polite email to ntUSA was answered within a couple days and they sent me a new copy first class instead of bulk.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 04:35   Link #49
Disembodied Voice
m-serve style

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Undertaker
So would you recommend buying Megami? JList has a subscription available and I'm wondering if it's a good investment.
Megami is good scanning material and if you have the photoshop retouching skills, you'll have image sigs for life. However IMO, Newtype has the edge in overall content. Can't go wrong with either.
Disembodied Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 13:19   Link #50
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Anime Magazines...?

Hi, can someone tell me if there's an english language anime magazine which is updated with the on-going anime in Japan? If not, can someone point out some other good magazines? Thanks!!!
Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 13:58   Link #51
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu
Hi, can someone tell me if there's an english language anime magazine which is updated with the on-going anime in Japan? If not, can someone point out some other good magazines? Thanks!!!
You could try Newtype usa. Though, I find the internet a much better source for anime news than any publications.
Old 2006-05-27, 22:19   Link #52
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

I know, I just think it's a bit more fun fliping a magazine. Thanks for the help
Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 22:47   Link #53
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu
You might find some good suggestions in this old thread. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 22:55   Link #54
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
New-Type is too expensive for me. x_x I really miss Animerica. ;_; But going to these forums helps me out a lot with the latest news.

I'm a Ribon fangirl even though it's meant for girls much younger than me. I don't care! XD
Old 2006-10-07, 23:18   Link #55
errorrrr

does those japanese bookstore in New York do subscriptions for you? like send you issue every month?
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 00:55   Link #56
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

^ if I remember, they'll hold it for you. You'll still need to pick them up at the store itself.
moyism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 13:28   Link #57
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering A.I. View Post
BTW, wasn't the last issue the one full of bloomers posters? Guess we know your weakness, hehehe. ^^ j/k
hahahaa ^_^. I'll shut up now.

--

17$ for an issue isn't really much of a deal. "cough" Tor***tz "cough" "hack" "wheeze"
Just checked some of the prices, 131$ for a years issue plus shipping (meaning it's included).

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 11:09   Link #58
shermanramni

Newtype subscribing procedure

I'm dying to get a good anime magazine, and Newtype (the Japanese version) looks a really good bet. Does anyone know how can I subscribe to the magazine?
P.D.: I don't live in Japan, but I can order overseas.

Sherman

Last edited by shermanramni; 2006-10-17 at 11:13. Reason: Spelling corrections
shermanramni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 11:26   Link #59
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

http://pc.webnt.jp/
I don't think you can get a subscription if you don't live in japan.. But thats just me, I'm not really sure.

I'm happy with my NewTypeUSA.
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 11:55   Link #60
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Like Shakugan no Shana said, there's probably no way to get a japanese subscription from Japan, and most likely you'll have to buy them indivually from a good site that pre-orders them or something of that nature.

ps: Subscriptions are too expensive for me. Except WOW.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote