AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-28, 14:54   Link #1
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Maria-sama ga Miteru OVA 1 - Kohitsujitachi no Kyuuka

Yumi still has the best facial expressions:

Everyone visited the Ogasawara's summer house:

Kanako in the opening (which was a slowed down Pastel Pure without vocals):

Upset Sachiko (T_T):

Sleepy Sachiko (*_*):

Kashiwagi-san still the same as before.

In overall it was a funny and heartwarming episode. Yumi and Sachiko really loving each other.

Last edited by paTKany; 2006-11-28 at 15:07.
Old 2006-11-28, 15:58   Link #2
Woland
Latin Rascal

Nice at least the opening is still Pastel Pure (v3)... to bad for "that" ending

Some screenshots

Old 2006-11-28, 16:23   Link #3
Mentar
Banned

I don't quite understand why the fans seem to hate KOTOKO's Chercher so much. It's not the greatest invention since sliced bread, but I don't think it's bad at all

Interesting episode, which shows Yumi in some of her worse moments early on, getting a grip with her perseverence in the middle and in a particularly awesome moment in the end. It also depicts some of the nastier aspects of upper-class behavior, something which we only rarely saw in the show so far. Basically, "MariMite meets a part of the outer world".

Noteworthy: A huge ZOMGWTFBBQ effect around the 9-minute mark ^_^ ... naniiiiii??

Very nice OVA with the length of two regular episodes. I liked it alot!
Old 2006-11-28, 16:52   Link #4
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Interesting episode, which shows Yumi in some of her worse moments early on, getting a grip with her perseverence in the middle and in a particularly awesome moment in the end. It also depicts some of the nastier aspects of upper-class behavior, something which we only rarely saw in the show so far.
That reminded me of some old shoujo's animes such as Candy Candy or Little Princess with girls ploting against the heroine in order to make fun of her. But here the Saviour Prince was a Princess.
So this first ep was very fuuny and entertaining. It's a real pleasure to see our pincesses again and I really discovered a new refreshing (sleepyhead ) Sachiko (that moment almost made me laugh to tears ) .

Animation was ok even if I tough that we saw more beautiful eps in the former seasons (Shimako's encounter with Sei, for example).

Quote:
I don't quite understand why the fans seem to hate KOTOKO's Chercher so much. It's not the greatest invention since sliced bread, but I don't think it's bad at all
Euh... putting aside that I actualy hate Kotoko, having such song instead of Ali Project beautiful ones is a waste IMO.
Old 2006-11-28, 17:20   Link #5
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I don't really mind the song itself, but IMO it fits more with other shows like Otoboku or Happiness!, or shows that are more.... light and fluffy (I might get stoned for this, but I like those shows too, so don't hate me ).

I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to fit Marimite. BUT, I probably should wait until I see the opening sequence with Chercher. Who knows, it might actually work well.

Can't wait to go home, but I have work to do...
Old 2006-11-28, 17:25   Link #6
Mentar
Banned

Chercher is the ED. The OP is Pastel Pure in a new instrumental version.
Old 2006-11-28, 18:25   Link #7
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:

The song has a very different style compared to the one of previous two season (which was very fitting). But the main reason it's that... I personally don't like the piece per sé (and I'm definitively not a fan of Kotoko )

BTW a pair freebies for our Yamato Nadeshiko in Sleeping Beauty mode

Last edited by Woland; 2006-12-22 at 11:01.
Old 2006-11-28, 20:54   Link #8
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I can't wait to see it. I have high hope for it.
Old 2006-11-28, 22:28   Link #9
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Too bad, while those who live in Japan can buy immediately from the store (albeit 7% GST), most of us here are still waiting for the package which will be sent today
Old 2006-11-28, 22:36   Link #10
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

After actually seeing the ending sequence, it seems like Chercher actually fits the much lighter mood of this episode. Although I would have hit someone if I had heard Chercher after watching Rainy Blue

Back to the episode itself, I loved how they did
Spoiler:

All in all, wonderful episode. And it seems like the coloring is much more vivid (probably since this is an OVA?)

PS: After reading the novel first, it now is more apparent to me that they toned down the err... eccentricity, of Kashiwagi.
Old 2006-11-29, 10:05   Link #11
mintyfresh
Altoid

When it started, I almost cried. True story.

But anyway, I'm with a lot of other people on the notion that Chercher didn't seem to fit the whole "Marimite feel". It in fact seemed a little tacked on, after an episode filled with such lovely classical music (speaking of which, it was awesome to hear some new pieces from Katakura Mikiya in this ep. Looking forward to another OST... whenever that'll be..).
But getting back on topic, I still agree with people who say that Chercher reflects the more lighthearted feel of the OVA.. but at the same time, something else... could have probably fit better.

Not to say that I don't like KOTOKO or anything-- I rather like her a lot. ..Just not when she does songs like this (which is why Onegai Twins's music sucks. oh uh, opinions!)
Old 2006-11-29, 10:44   Link #12
Akai Hikari
ロサ・テスタ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh View Post
When it started, I almost cried. True story.
Good to know it wasn't just me. I could feel the water rise whenever they hit a scene spot on. I had high hopes for this. And it didn't let me down.
If there's one thing I was disappointed in it was the cutting of Kashiwagi's line of "just messing everything up" at the party. I felt it was one of the key scenes in novels where he gets respect from the reader.
Anyway it was great to see a good amount of attention was given to Yumi's strength and maturity. Looking back at eps like this, and I know I'm just stating the obvious, just reinforces that Yumi is the main character. We all have our favourties, but she is the star of the show.

Cannot wait for the remaining volumes.
Old 2006-11-29, 16:22   Link #13
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
BTW a pair freebies for our Yamato Nadeshiko in Sleeping Beauty mode

Ahh, I'll take the second one then!
May I make a request here? I'd like an avatar of the Yumi-blushing scene around 49:00

By the way, I didn't think Chercher was that bad..
Old 2006-11-29, 17:01   Link #14
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
Ahh, I'll take the second one then!
May I make a request here? I'd like an avatar of the Yumi-blushing scene around
A proper thread for Avatar and gif in general would be much better... this is not a restricted forum, probably, but I'll wait for someone with better English skill to open one

in the meantime...

Last edited by Woland; 2006-11-29 at 17:43. Reason: gifs added
Old 2006-11-29, 18:14   Link #15
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I got to see and it a wonder full episode. I agree the color in many scene look great. I do like that Yumi look stronger with her feeling toward Sachiko and self confidence.

Regarding the OP is major change from the earlier the pair seem to have end and Yumi been be herself at last part is interesting. The ending song still does not feel like it match the clips they use but there is not much we can do now since it the official ending song for the OVA.

I look forward to see Kanako in the next OVA.
Old 2006-11-29, 20:13   Link #16
Meliavor
:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post

I hope it's okey that I take that one then
Thankies, surprised yumi ftw
Old 2006-11-29, 20:57   Link #17
SailorMoon4ever

Great I can't wait to see what happens in the OVA.
Old 2006-11-30, 20:08   Link #18
miyuky chan

hey guys..... can anyone tell me where's the link of the raw????? onegai, I reallly love this series I'd be very grateful because I'm the biggest fan of marimite(specially sachiko, I just love her )
Old 2006-11-30, 20:30   Link #19
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Wait, during next episode's preview:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-30, 21:39   Link #20
cmok16

I m a big fan as well..can someone please please tell me where i can download the raw...simply cant wait!!! >_<
Closed Thread