Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-12-06, 14:14   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Question International Manga & Anime Festival

Anyone thinking of checking this out?

I'm guessing not too many as no one has mentioned it yet? I know there are quite a number of UK denizens on this forum though, so I was wondering...

The "International Manga & Anime Festival" or "IMAF" will be held in the County Hall on the South Bank this year (that is in London, England for anyone who doesn't know). I'll avoid copying the front page of their rather basic and uninspiring website and pasting it here; so if you want to know more check it out yourself .

It doesn't appear to be a large event, at least not going by it's Internet front but then that can often be deceptive and they do have an expensive venue . The festival is 4 days (16th to 19th this month) and it's main focus is the manga -- however, they have managed to get ADV UK backing and will be showing a number of new released on the big screen...

I have no idea how good it will be but I'm thinking (as it's free entry) it'll be well worth a day-or-twos trip to the capital.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 02:27   Link #2
@anya

Send a message via Yahoo to @anya
Damn!
I live no where near London.
If only they had something like that in Melboure (Australia).

Damn.
Wish I could go.
@anya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 11:36   Link #3
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
yea yea yea in London, finally something decent to my city, but i doubt i'll go lol
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 12:15   Link #4
vash13
kawaii

Send a message via MSN to vash13 Send a message via Yahoo to vash13
Thats preety far away from where I live. I wish I could go, but I don't live close and I have to work.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 19:52   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

bah... shame. I was hoping a few more people from the forum would be able to give it a try. Or willing to, for those able to get to London; I guess it doesn't have that much mass appeal as it's in its first year and they've only had a few months to set it up. Yeah it won't have all the trappings of your average convention, but it's got the videos, the manga and a cafe (Edit: oh and a sushi place just along the road I noticed recently) ... I'm thinking it's new-ness will give it a chance to try things others haven't yet... plus they're more open to suggestions for things to run this time next year and thought-out the year.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 18:52   Link #6
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well london is a bloody expensive place to visit. Anyways who would need to go to an anime convention when you get all this free fansubs ? If i want to go to a party i would rather go to a concert or a movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
bah... shame. I was hoping a few more people from the forum would be able to give it a try. Or willing to, for those able to get to London; I guess it doesn't have that much mass appeal as it's in its first year and they've only had a few months to set it up. Yeah it won't have all the trappings of your average convention, but it's got the videos, the manga and a cafe (Edit: oh and a sushi place just along the road I noticed recently) ... I'm thinking it's new-ness will give it a chance to try things others haven't yet... plus they're more open to suggestions for things to run this time next year and thought-out the year.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 10:40   Link #7
Specto
*IT Support

I am considering going - probably with several friends. I only just found out about it 2 days ago, so I am still trying sort who wants to go and when they are available. Chances are it will be on either the Saturday or the Sunday.
Specto is offline   Reply With Quote