AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-10, 03:00   Link #1921
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
^
Nah, I meant more for myself. Now I simply can't concentrate on anything else, like preparing for classes!
Yeah, I'm having trouble concentrating here myself.
Old 2011-04-10, 03:02   Link #1922
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Thanks Tess for the hint to the ending. Yeah, that should be it, I guess. Although wasn't the hint "in the characters which appear in the endroll" ( which I take to be "the writing in the credits"... or did Karice mean the actual characters like Ranka and Sheryl?) ?
Hmm wasn't dshootingstarb played in the credits? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You know, that song is like a live concert with Sheryl and Ranka. They even get a dialogue in the OST.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-04-10, 03:06   Link #1923
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Hmm wasn't dshootingstarb played in the credits? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You know, that song is like a live concert with Sheryl and Ranka. They even get a dialogue in the OST.
Oh, just more ruminating about the crack pairing.
Old 2011-04-10, 03:08   Link #1924
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
@ Dash Hunter and magnus
Nah, I meant more for myself. Now I simply can't concentrate on anything else, like preparing for classes!
Quote:
Yeah, I'm having trouble concentrating here myself.
+1 here D:

And they confirmed Persona 4 anime today of all the things. How am I supposed to contain my squee and kyaaa~kyaa now? ;;

Old 2011-04-10, 03:09   Link #1925
Thess

Quote:
Oh, just more ruminating about the crack pairing.
LMAO this time, I mean this. I'm more excited that Sheryl awoke and is back on stage (of course is a bonus for me that she's doing a legit stage duet with Ranka - god must have been AWESOME).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-04-10, 03:10   Link #1926
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
@ Dash Hunter and magnus

To be honest, I'm still puzzling over this, because I don't remember the end credits anymore (not to mention I was one of the 'shocked people' who almost missed even the 'stirring' scene...)
Heh I was about to shutdown the PC and going to bed but this is keeping me awake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess
Hmm wasn't dshootingstarb played in the credits? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
So if he is indeed talking about the credits, the hint could be precisely dshootingstarb, meaning Ranka and Sheryl get to sing together again.
Old 2011-04-10, 03:14   Link #1927
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
So if he is indeed talking about the credits, the hint could be precisely dshootingstarb, meaning Ranka and Sheryl get to sing together again.
Yep! It's not just a song like Hoshikira, but a live concert with a quick dialogue between Sheryl and Ranka. I checked the gabriela robin site, that song is listed in the ending credits.

These are the lyrics (romanji, original and translation) if someone wants them. They are really cute.

Old 2011-04-10, 03:20   Link #1928
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Yep! It's not just a song like Hoshikira, but a live concert with a quick dialogue between Sheryl and Ranka. I checked the gabriela robin site, that song is listed in the ending credits.
Well if this is the hint Kawamori was talking about (it's not confirmed) then the only thing open would be if Sheryl woke up because Alto returned (again, if dshootingstarb is actually the hint).
Old 2011-04-10, 03:23   Link #1929
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Heh I was about to shutdown the PC and going to bed but this is keeping me awake.

hehe...gomen ^^

Ah, if that song is indeed what Kawamori-sensei is talking about, that's enough for me to go on until the BD is released.

Quote:
Well if this is the hint Kawamori was talking about (it's not confirmed) then the only thing open would be if Sheryl woke up because Alto returned (again, if dshootingstarb is actually the hint).
hm...though the novel ending is also possible. Especially given the significance of the earring.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-04-10, 03:26   Link #1930
Thess

Quote:
It's possible, because the song is super cheerful. At least is the proof that Sheryl is awake, because she's talking and she's singing. May'n called this the song about the Sheryl who experienced a lot and met a lot of people. Also said it was about her "relationship with Ranka." (I'm quoting here: "ランカちゃんとの関係も。"), in case shipper bias are called. :P

Also I read the quoted Japanese text, effectively, it says the "characters" appear in the ending roll as a hint. I guess he means Sheryl and Ranka (I haven't heard of Alto's appearance, so it could be speculated he returned or not, kinda open. He's alive at least?).

Quote:
hm...though the novel ending is also possible. Especially given the significance of the earring.
The light novel ending? I thought fans hated it...?

Old 2011-04-10, 03:34   Link #1931
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
hehe...gomen ^^

Ah, if that song is indeed what Kawamori-sensei is talking about, that's enough for me to go on until the BD is released.

Don't worry, it's not like I need to wake up early tomorrow or anything, besides the freaking heat we have here won't let me sleep easily.

Oh, so do you know how the novel ends? if you can, could you share something about it? beacuse there was a good discussion at the Light Novels thread about the novel getting bad reviews from the readers.
Old 2011-04-10, 03:46   Link #1932
Thess

Quote:
Oh, so do you know how the novel ends? if you can, could you share something about it? beacuse there was a good discussion at the Light Novels thread about the novel getting bad reviews from the readers.
Michel steals sleeping Sheryl's earring and reunites with his beloved Hime (who couldn't confess to Sheryl because his heart was torn... between Brera and Michel). Sniff Sniff.

J/K

Or I hope so. They keep bringing up the BL! Klan/Michel IS my OTP in the series

Old 2011-04-10, 03:57   Link #1933
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
The light novel ending? I thought fans hated it...?
Reviews have been mixed - I've discounted a few of the one star ones as gut reactions (there was also someone who gave it one star even though (s)he cancelled his/her order)...although that last blog comment you posted is a bit of a worry...

Quote:
Klan/Michel IS my OTP in the series
Here here! I almost cried because they had so little to do in the movies! but given the BL tint of some scenes in the series novels...

Quote:
Nope. I haven't ordered it yet [still waiting for OreImo 8 to be listed...] But various comments by reviewers indicate that the spoilers which dark platform posted are probably true.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-04-10, 04:00   Link #1934
Thess

Quote:
Reviews have been mixed - I've discounted a few of the one star ones as gut reactions (there was also someone who gave it one star even though (s)he cancelled his/her order)...although that last blog comment you posted is a bit of a worry...
I was when I saw it. I just think it was a bad move to make the writer publish it now. The deadline + the crisis... the quality took a nosedive (compared to the stellar reviews of the other novels?).

I'll take Kawamori's statements for this movie ending (implications of Sheryl awake, giving a concert with Ranka. Alto alive. Wherever he's in Frontier or in a Galaxy away. There's hope!).

Quote:
Here here! I almost cried because they had so little to do in the movies! but given the BL tint of some scenes in the series novels....
Well, it's one of those non-contest pairing (max and miria in dyrl wasn't like SUPER featured either). Wasn't there a beach scene?

Old 2011-04-10, 04:35   Link #1935
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Alto extended his right hand. He's not actually proved to be right handed. I hate to say it, but he's in the CENTER of the screen, that's why the sunlight is bouncing off like that. And actually, his hand is reaching towards the center of the screen and not at either girl directly if you zoom in with a program like Sony Vegas (I just did and noticed this).
Alto's plane-thing is tilted which means he's turning towards the refreshment stand offscreen. First thing that boy needs is a stiff drink.
Old 2011-04-10, 04:38   Link #1936
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Nope. I haven't ordered it yet [still waiting for OreImo 8 to be listed...] But various comments by reviewers indicate that the spoilers which dark platform posted are probably true.
Ok, now I'm confused. I admit I haven't been paying that much attention to the novel thread, but the impression I got was that the last novel ends the same way as the movie in terms of the fates of the characters. Sheryl in a coma, Alto lost in a galaxy somewhere, etc. If that's the case, what's so different? What significant changes are there besides the BL atmosphere of a few scenes?

On another note, if Kawamori is indeed hinting at all these positive outcomes in the end of the movie, why doesn't he just show them—or at least, show more hints? I guess he wants the viewers to wonder I suppose..? That, and making interviewers ask him more questions.
Old 2011-04-10, 04:40   Link #1937
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
Alto's plane-thing is tilted which means he's turning towards the refreshment stand offscreen. First thing that boy needs is a stiff drink.
Oh no! Looks like Alto-hime needs some

Spoiler for consequences of staying late and rewatching Madoka:

Going to bed, I'm incoherently spamming this thread now.

Old 2011-04-10, 04:42   Link #1938
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I was when I saw it. I just think it was a bad move to make the writer publish it now. The deadline + the crisis... the quality took a nosedive (compared to the stellar reviews of the other novels?).
Are you talking about reviews on amazon.co.jp (there weren't very many for those novels...) or on blogs and stuff?

I'm not really surprised at the knee-jerk reactions, to be honest. I was like that immediately after viewing the movie myself, but I've calmed down a lot after finding out a bit more about various odds and ends, and especially after that last Animedia interview - like you, Kawamori-sensei's statements are enough for me, the rest I'm happy to leave to my imagination ^^

Quote:
Well, it's one of those non-contest pairing (max and miria in dyrl wasn't like SUPER featured either). Wasn't there a beach scene?
In this movie? yup ^^

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-04-10, 04:47   Link #1939
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Ok, now I'm confused. I admit I haven't been paying that much attention to the novel thread, but the impression I got was that the last novel ends the same way as the movie in terms of the fates of the characters. Sheryl in a coma, Alto lost in a galaxy somewhere, etc. If that's the case, what's so different? What significant changes are there besides the BL atmosphere of a few scenes
Spoiler for some of those spoilers:

Quote:
In this movie? yup ^^
I saw some pictures. How adorable!

Old 2011-04-10, 04:49   Link #1940
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Spoiler for some of those spoilers:

I saw some pictures. How adorable!
Er...no, this is the spoiler I was referring to...

=====
hehe...it was cute ♥

- Patrick Stokes

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song