AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-18, 21:27   Link #301
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Liked the OP a lot. Yuno is so awesome. SHe got what she wanted with a happy end and a kiss. Like how she sacrificed the students to save Yukkii. 9th was crazy, like how she saved her phone and chose to lose an eye. Don't think they can trust 4th yet, it seems to easy for him to help them.
Old 2011-10-18, 21:29   Link #302
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well... Better to lose an eye then to lose your life and lose the game of god yes???

Well his diary is the Investigation Diary, so maybe it tipped him off in some way? I really don't fully understand how each individual diary is going to work out.. But I still have this strange impression that he's a good person but will have to resort to violence against his former allies. Especially when the number of diary users weakens and soon enough, they are the only ones that have it.
Old 2011-10-18, 21:40   Link #303
dr_marronflower

Great episode! I loved the OP.

The diaries seems to be doing the same that they were doing before... just that now they can see the future entries.
In Yuno case, she used to write about Yukki, so her future diary write future entries about Yukki.
Minene surely used to write about they awesome and breathtaking escapes, so now she can read how to escape.
The cop surely used to write about the investigations, and he can read about future investigations.
And so on.

And an alliance in a Battle Royale game? Not a terrible idea... just be prepared to be stabbed in the back anytime.
Old 2011-10-18, 21:53   Link #304
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Any one else routing for Yukiteru to die he just so annoying
Old 2011-10-18, 21:54   Link #305
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_marronflower View Post
Great episode! I loved the OP.

The diaries seems to be doing the same that they were doing before... just that now they can see the future entries.
In Yuno case, she used to write about Yukki, so her future diary write future entries about Yukki.
Minene surely used to write about they awesome and breathtaking escapes, so now she can read how to escape.
The cop surely used to write about the investigations, and he can read about future investigations.
And so on.

And an alliance in a Battle Royale game? Not a terrible idea... just be prepared to be stabbed in the back anytime.
Well, #9 looks to be a cop/detective as well, seeing as she was at the crime scene for #3's murders.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:10   Link #306
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
PS: There's something that bothers me in the ED.... the various diary holders disappear following the order of their numbers... but the tenth and the ninth are switched... what the hell?
Ah, good, I'm not the only one bothered by that.

There were a lot of teasers thrown into that ED, weren't there?
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:19   Link #307
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Any one else routing for Yukiteru to die he just so annoying
Yukkii hasn't quite hit that level of annoying for me, at least not yet. Granted his VA is a bit weak sounding; but as for the character itself, I at least give him his due credit in realizing how weakness and for trying to act like a man during the showdown with Ninth.

If he had simply curled up into a ball and tried to run away during this episode, he could have been blown into little pieces for all I care. But if he at least shows he's making progress, I'll endure his little annoyances for the time being.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:26   Link #308
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh boy indeed yuno will do anything even runnning all those bombs really indeed yandere goddess as her best.

yea now got mad bomber & cop yea what next?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:32   Link #309
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I don't think the diaries work that way.

Yuno's only shows what Yukki does or what happens to him. Things that Yuno observes with her eyes. "Yukki looks depressed" not "Yukki is planning to use me."

Yukki's only shows the things he observes around him, but not things that happen to him (because that's how he always used his diary before). So his diary wouldn't say what the 9th's plan was. It would just describe what he would see. If he'd been paying attention he'd have seen what would happen with his classmates, but Yukki seems to have not yet gotten the hang of using his diary, and didn't look ahead past the immediate entries.
Don't take what I said so literally. of course the diary wouldn't tell Minene's plan directly, but a simple "Oh no, our classmates have been blackmailed by the 9th and captured Yukki! We can't trust anyone!" would be pretty straightforward. As soon as Minene planned to do that, the result of that plan should have appeared in Yuki's and Yuno's diary.

The 4th's diary similarly should have said: "I was forced to kill the 1st and myself in order to save hundreds of students - DEAD END".

If the diaries didn't work that way what good would they be for?

Quote:
Well, #9 looks to be a cop/detective as well, seeing as she was at the crime scene for #3's murders.
Nah, Minene is just a very skilled terrorist. She knew about the 4th and so she decided to infiltrate his squad. I don't think it was ever specified but I guess she realized a cop was suddenly arresting a lot of criminals by getting on the crime scene with a way too convenient timing.
Then she learned about the 3rd and decided to wait to gather more info about him. But the the 3rd died and so she learned about the 1st.

The only thing that doesn't really make sense is why Yukiteru was informed of the game with such a delay. It is obvious that all the other diary holders already started to make their move since a long time.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 23:17   Link #310
RDF2050
Superidol

So....can we said Yuno = Yadere Queen? Loving the OP SO DAM much and I am not a manga reader so this is going to be more interesting for me since I don't know what would happen.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:21   Link #311
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
On the whole, I thought that Episode 2 was an absolutely awesome thrill-ride.

From the perspective of an anime-only watcher, this episode was loaded with many great plot twists, and I love how this anime doesn't hold back at all in the carnage, destruction, and mayhem departments, making it explosively exciting.

This has truly been the year of the yandere - From (arguably) Akemi Homura to Penguin Drum's Ringo to Kamisama Doll's Mahiru and now to Mirai Nikki's Yuno. Just a lot of fresh, fabulous, fun takes on a character archetype that I usually am not that fond of and which can be extremely annoying when mishandled.

But the yandere has been handled superbly this year, and nowhere is this clearer than in Mirai Nikki with Yuno's highly amusing, yet not overly psycho, character. Her actions make sense within the context of her unflinching dedication/love for Amano, and I like how she's not an across-the-board psycho (so far at least).

Amano himself could be better, and he does detract a tiny little bit from the overall enjoyment level of this anime for me, but I do see how certain, possible themes can be better conveyed by having him be the way he is at this juncture of the narrative.

All-told, I'm going to give Episode 2 a 9/10. Having one of the most stylistically original OPs I've seen in awhile definitely helps here.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:39   Link #312
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_marronflower View Post
If at the end one of them becomes a god, technically they can do whatever they want. So playing in a team is not a bad thing, unless you cannot trust someone abusing the power, or hold their promise. So if they made a pack, like if one of them becomes a god he/she will do this and that, it should be fine.

Last edited by Sides; 2011-10-19 at 06:32.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 23:43   Link #313
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man this one is just not good at all as far as I'm concerned. It kind of reminds me of an 80's OVA production, just low budget and downright incoherent for the most part, but with lots of edgy violence. I didn't really feel any tension so much as incredulity at what was going on because the presentation wasn't all that gripping so much as silly. It really seems like this show is just trying so hard to be edgy and awesome and it mostly just comes off as laughable....kind of like Guilty Crown only without anywhere near the budget or for potential things of interest to me down the line. I'm honestly reminded of some of the bad Newgrounds cartoons I've come across.

I think I'm done with this one unfortunately, just not doing anything for me and I'm at the point where I'm trying to sort out what I'm going to be following for the next few months.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 23:51   Link #314
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Wut... Am I supposed to this show seriously, since I'm laughing at people getting stabbed in the eye, and having shit explode? And those crazy faces, lol.

I don't know. The first episode had some psychological horror which made me interested but this episode was more like as Kaioshin pointed out something lol wut like MD Geist.

It seems like there are too many recent shows that moved too damned fast, and spamming all those tl;dr across the screen didn't help. Nevertheless, it seems to be worth the lulz and maybe they'll make use of these concepts. I'm not really getting any of the characters. The guy just went into teh emo with his worthlessness, which is understandable to some degree, but the way it's portrayed, I can't take it seriously. Yuno has the looks I guess, but I dunno, I guess it's funny to see them cockblocked by bombs.

Lol@ The bitch with the purple hair; must be hard dragging the hairstyle through the door.

5/10 for episode 2

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 03:59   Link #315
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Guys , that was painful to watch Yukki oh god... and his VA doesn't help...
How can Yuno like him...

Anyway , this crazy b*tch almost explodes all the school. And the Fourth is really a cop? how can he miss.

Hope Yukki will start to have some guts cuz using a girl to save him for real..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 04:34   Link #316
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I'm regretting already reading the manga now >_>
Should be fun if just watching the anime, although reading long-ass phone log awhile watching is kinda meh...

Anyway the fun should started when more diary holder introduced, and my favorite battle just gonna started soon that involving such a awkwardopponent, I like this fight more than anything else in series
Old 2011-10-19, 06:16   Link #317
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Gah, I miss the manga right after watching two episodes. T_____T
I better recover from this XD

Moving on, both episode 1 and 2 really captivated me and that's because they stayed faithful to the manga. Yuno is the same yandere girl as always, and Yukiteru still won't accept his fate...until Fourth managed to team up with them =))

And yes, the opening is awesomesauce.
Old 2011-10-19, 06:27   Link #318
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
The anime cut out a detail I quite liked about Yuki

Spoiler for manga version of episode 2:
Old 2011-10-19, 06:53   Link #319
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
That whole stunt of his with the gun didn't even make any sense. Ninth had told him to kill Yukkii, then kill himself and then she would let the hostages go, which of course was a total lie because she's a psycho terrorist; something Fourth should have been well aware of.

It might seem to make more sense if, somehow, he knew that Yuno was going to make a move and was trying to provoke her by pointing his gun at Yukkii. This is of course total guesswork, but I wouldn't put anything past these diary users.
Actually, he likely knew ninth was gonna do that, and possibly about yuno's entrance (afterall, his diary would likely mention that) pointing the gun at yuki, makes ninth feel its going her way, buys time for yuno to bust in and mess it up.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 07:28   Link #320
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
So....can we said Yuno = Yadere Queen?
She was already elected as Yandere Goddess in TvTrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Actually, he likely knew ninth was gonna do that, and possibly about yuno's entrance (afterall, his diary would likely mention that) pointing the gun at yuki, makes ninth feel its going her way, buys time for yuno to bust in and mess it up.
This is hard to determine because Yuno is a diary holder, so the 4th would only predict her moves after she made a decision to do them. And since Yuno's actions are a consequence of the 9th's actions (so with a near unexistent preplan time), the 4th's diary should have been updated only very shortly before.

So the hard thing to determine is whether the 4th already knew about Yuno's intervention before he showed up in front of the 9th. It all depends on when Yuno decided to make her move.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere