AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-27, 06:44   Link #1321
mayumi

I do wonder where all this Reisi/Fushimi obsession comes from though. There are like tons of fan arts of them even before anything with the 2 of them. Reisi seems like he couldn't give a fuck about Fushimi. It looks like fangirls jumped a little too far about this ship.

also, in the blue side novel in the pictures it doesn't look like fushimi and seri are reisi's no.2 and no.3 originally but these 2 other guys whose design is lot better than Seri's and Fushimi's, IMO . I wonder what happened to them.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 07:14   Link #1322
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I do wonder where all this Reisi/Fushimi obsession comes from though. There are like tons of fan arts of them even before anything with the 2 of them. Reisi seems like he couldn't give a fuck about Fushimi. It looks like fangirls jumped a little too far about this ship.
You mean Fushimi/Yata, no? That's the ship that's taken over the entire fandom, god only knows why. (OK, I know, but I guess I'm not the best person to judge, given that I find Fushimi annoying and Yata mostly boring.) I've only seen a handful (relatively speaking) of Reishi/Fushimi. In any case, though, why not? There's no fandom police, who cares what people ship as long as they're having fun and not evangelizing or shipwarring? I only wish I could somehow filter the squee about characters/ships I don't care about so I don't miss out on the stuff I do like.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 07:44   Link #1323
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
You mean Fushimi/Yata, no? That's the ship that's taken over the entire fandom, god only knows why. (OK, I know, but I guess I'm not the best person to judge, given that I find Fushimi annoying and Yata mostly boring.) I've only seen a handful (relatively speaking) of Reishi/Fushimi. In any case, though, why not? There's no fandom police, who cares what people ship as long as they're having fun and not evangelizing or shipwarring? I only wish I could somehow filter the squee about characters/ships I don't care about so I don't miss out on the stuff I do like.
I dont find any problems with it either. The problem is when they start ranting about how cannon their pairing is and confusing the people who havent watched the series into thinking is actually a yaoi, and then we get less audience from people who are not into that stuff.

Its fine to ship something. Just realize and accept that they are not actually gonna end up together and enjoy their interactions anyway, dont go confusing people who havent watched the series.

I specially hate it when the tumblr fandom calls it "Project Gay" by that logic it should also be called "Project T&A" because you are basing the title on the fanservice -_-
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 08:00   Link #1324
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
I dont find any problems with it either. The problem is when they start ranting about how cannon their pairing is and confusing the people who havent watched the series into thinking is actually a yaoi, and then we get less audience from people who are not into that stuff.

Its fine to ship something. Just realize and accept that they are not actually gonna end up together and enjoy their interactions anyway, dont go confusing people who havent watched the series.

I specially hate it when the tumblr fandom calls it "Project Gay" by that logic it should also be called "Project T&A" because you are basing the title on the fanservice -_-
This. There are actually people who hates K because fujoshis like same with Kuroko no Basket
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 09:02   Link #1325
mayumi

Quote:
I don't mind the shipping, I am just puzzled that they pair people off cause Reisi and Fushimi have glasses. If there was a bond between these 2 I would rather see it than just making a pairing just for the sake of it. Shipper will ship I suppose
I mostly browse Munakata tag on tumblr so I see bit a of the Reisi/Fushimi pairing. If I were to browse Yata tag, I would surely see much more of the Yata/Fushimi pair which I don't mind really because I wouldn't really browse that tag.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:50   Link #1326
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
BIG SPOILERS REGARDING THE SILVER KING!

Summary of Episode 9
:

Spoiler for Summary:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-27, 17:04   Link #1327
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Tell me honestly Cosmic
Spoiler for 9:
Old 2012-11-27, 17:16   Link #1328
kuromitsu

Quote:
Ha! Obnoxious fangirls are annoying indeed, but considering the general freakout after the first episode just because of Shiro blushing, when people tagged this thread "yaoi" and "BL," I think most people who can't be bothered to look up official info about the series, and avoid it just because it may have a guy who is not straight, well, those people wouldn't want to watch it anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
This. There are actually people who hates K because fujoshis like same with Kuroko no Basket
Frankly, I think that's their problem. As I said above, obnoxious fangirls are annoying, but other than that, why should female fans be any more restrained than male fans about what they like? Off-topic, but I really hate the mindset so prevalent in certain parts of anime fandom, that female viewers should accept scantily-dressed female characters, bouncing boobs, girls groping each other, etc. and the fanboys slobbering all over it a fact of life, but when an anime has fanservice for female viewers and fangirls start slobbering all over that suddenly it's annoying and disturbing and omg stahp! Why? Just because fanboys don't like that? (Especially when the shows in question have been designed with female viewers, even BL-liking female viewers in mind, even if they are not their sole target audience. )

*ahem*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I mostly browse Munakata tag on tumblr so I see bit a of the Reisi/Fushimi pairing. If I were to browse Yata tag, I would surely see much more of the Yata/Fushimi pair which I don't mind really because I wouldn't really browse that tag.
Ha. You don't even have to browse the Yata tag - just going by the general K tags (all of them) one would think K is the story of two star-crossed lovers named Fushimi Saruhiko and Yata Misaki, with some random supporting characters... (And it's not like the other side is any better, though at least there's a tiny bit more variety, which doesn't really get reposted for some reason. It's just as well, though, I hate people reposting stuff from pixiv.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 19:51   Link #1329
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Tell me honestly Cosmic
Spoiler for 9:
It's....not available yet I think. I'm just responding to that spoiler.

Speaking of Neko though, noticed an interesting post on 2ch. If other's perception of Shiro is manipulated by Neko, then why was it that Kukuri made bento for him? Is Neko's field of reach of her power extending beyond the school?
Old 2012-11-27, 20:44   Link #1330
Divino

Quote:
Frankly, I think that's their problem. As I said above, obnoxious fangirls are annoying, but other than that, why should female fans be any more restrained than male fans about what they like? Off-topic, but I really hate the mindset so prevalent in certain parts of anime fandom, that female viewers should accept scantily-dressed female characters, bouncing boobs, girls groping each other, etc. and the fanboys slobbering all over it a fact of life, but when an anime has fanservice for female viewers and fangirls start slobbering all over that suddenly it's annoying and disturbing and omg stahp! Why? Just because fanboys don't like that? (Especially when the shows in question have been designed with female viewers, even BL-liking female viewers in mind, even if they are not their sole target audience. )
Now let me tell you the difference between Yaoi Fangirls and Guys just being guys.

I also dislike animes that tend to overboard with the panty shots boob bouncing groping between girls and such. I dislike Yuri as much as I dislike Yaoi. But do you ever see guys crying over the fact that those two girls that acted like complete lesbians throughout the entire series and then each happens to end up with a guy as a love interest at the end? No, they were just enjoying the view for those moments. And they usually keep quiet about it, I have never heard a guy rant about how good the fanservice in an anime was, or maybe I don't go to discussion boards where they discuss that kind of stuff. (Is there even a forum for that, that aren't hentai sites?)

Now what happens when you change the gender roles of this? How do fujoshis react exactly?
If you have been around anime communities for enough time I shouldn't even have to describe to you what happens.
I haven't really watched Kuroko no Basket and the hate the fujoshis had towards that pink haired girl (I don't know her name) was strong enough that I didn't even have to go that series is discussion boards to know how much they hated her.

In conclusion Yuri Fanboys are not half as Obnoxious and insane as Yaoi fangirls can be. I am not saying all yaoi fangirls are bad but some need to bring it down a few thousand notches.
Old 2012-11-27, 21:01   Link #1331
mistress_kisara

Quote:
In conclusion Yuri Fanboys are not half as Obnoxious and insane as Yaoi fangirls can be. I am not saying all yaoi fangirls are bad but some need to bring it down a few thousand notches.
Nope, They're BOTH insane
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 21:06   Link #1332
Divino

Quote:
Well I browse tumblr and a lot forums and even 4chan but I have never come across a crazy one yet...
and hopefully it stays that way
Old 2012-11-27, 21:36   Link #1333
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Now let me tell you the difference between Yaoi Fangirls and Guys just being guys.

I also dislike animes that tend to overboard with the panty shots boob bouncing groping between girls and such. I dislike Yuri as much as I dislike Yaoi. But do you ever see guys crying over the fact that those two girls that acted like complete lesbians throughout the entire series and then each happens to end up with a guy as a love interest at the end? No, they were just enjoying the view for those moments. And they usually keep quiet about it, I have never heard a guy rant about how good the fanservice in an anime was, or maybe I don't go to discussion boards where they discuss that kind of stuff. (Is there even a forum for that, that aren't hentai sites?)

Now what happens when you change the gender roles of this? How do fujoshis react exactly?
If you have been around anime communities for enough time I shouldn't even have to describe to you what happens.
I haven't really watched Kuroko no Basket and the hate the fujoshis had towards that pink haired girl (I don't know her name) was strong enough that I didn't even have to go that series is discussion boards to know how much they hated her.

And what, the hordes of guys in practically any series thread with a shred of too many bishies or "BL-ish vibes" whining about how yucky BL is, condemning the show to be mere fujoshi fodder while conveniently ignoring the rest of the show's qualities (or the fact the show isn't even BL to begin with) and then proceeding to go "Aww yeah, lesbians!" at the slightest hint of yuri or latch onto the one sexy fanservice female character while again ignoring the rest of the show to simply praise her glorious T&A and cuteness isn't as obnoxious and insane? Hell there are even anti-BL guys whose gaydars are on so high they see just as much or even more BL in things than fujoshi themselves so they can start whining about it.

Let's face it. The vocal part of any fandom (and those that aren't even in it) in general can get annoying. There's no side that's better than the other, annoying fans are annoying. Period.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 21:38   Link #1334
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
And what, the hordes of guys in practically any series thread with a shred of too many bishies or "BL-ish vibes" whining about how yucky BL is, condemning the show to be mere fujoshi fodder while conveniently ignoring the rest of the show's qualities (or the fact the show isn't even BL to begin with) and then proceeding to go "Aww yeah, lesbians!" at the slightest hint of yuri or latch onto the one sexy fanservice female character while again ignoring the rest of the show to simply praise her glorious T&A and cuteness isn't as obnoxious and insane?

Let's face it. The vocal part of any fandom (and those that aren't even in it) in general can get annoying. There's no side that's better than the other, annoying fans are annoying. Period.
True Enough
Old 2012-11-28, 01:18   Link #1335
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Nonsense....I'm not insane

And I enjoy both.

<_<

We should all just gain pleasure out of all forms of fanservice since that's how you enjoy life
Old 2012-11-28, 02:52   Link #1336
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

OK what's all this episode 9 talk? I've avoided most of it but I am curious to where it's all coming from.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 16:23   Link #1337
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
OK what's all this episode 9 talk? I've avoided most of it but I am curious to where it's all coming from.
Most likely preview on a web site.
Old 2012-11-28, 17:08   Link #1338
cracktastic

Quote:

lol wow you are so delusional. I've lost count of the times I've seen male otaku decry a female character as a "slut" or "used goods" just because she so much as was friendly to a male character they didn't like. And good job whipping out the gross double standard of "guys will be guys but if girls act in a way I find inappropriate I can demean them as much as I like".

Quote:
So…you somehow magically ~knew~ that they hated her so much that you didn't even look at discussion threads to see how much they hated her??

…??
cracktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:24   Link #1339
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
And what, the hordes of guys in practically any series thread with a shred of too many bishies or "BL-ish vibes" whining about how yucky BL is, condemning the show to be mere fujoshi fodder while conveniently ignoring the rest of the show's qualities (or the fact the show isn't even BL to begin with) and then proceeding to go "Aww yeah, lesbians!" at the slightest hint of yuri or latch onto the one sexy fanservice female character while again ignoring the rest of the show to simply praise her glorious T&A and cuteness isn't as obnoxious and insane? Hell there are even anti-BL guys whose gaydars are on so high they see just as much or even more BL in things than fujoshi themselves so they can start whining about it.

Quoted for truth. This double standard in fandoms to demean fangirls yet forgive fanboys for exhibiting much of the same behavior is getting really, really old.

Obnoxious fans are obnoxious. There are obnoxious fangirls and there are obnoxious fanboys. It's as simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Everyone's just talking about the summary of episode 9 posted on the website. I'm content to wait till tomorrow to see how many of my theories are proved right and how many are thrown out of the window, haha.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 20:30   Link #1340
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural