AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-22, 14:03   Link #821
Shiori Zuhon

Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
I'm posting this to request for some assistance to find out if anyone knows where to find a subbed version of the live-action film Mushishi. Has it been subbed yet? Seems like I can only find the raw version and the Chinese-subbed version. I love Mushishi and I would like to watch the English-subbed one. So, if anyone can help me, I would appreciate very much....Arigato, mina.
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 17:51   Link #822
FireChick

I hope my mom got me the Mushi-Shi DVD volume 1. I saw an episode on Veoh and I think I like it a little. My parents always say it's always good to try something new. I think I'll try this series.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 13:16   Link #823
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon View Post
I'm posting this to request for some assistance to find out if anyone knows where to find a subbed version of the live-action film Mushishi. Has it been subbed yet? Seems like I can only find the raw version and the Chinese-subbed version. I love Mushishi and I would like to watch the English-subbed one. So, if anyone can help me, I would appreciate very much....Arigato, mina.
Nope, no one has subbed it in English yet as far as I know.

Though I really won't recommend it though, it kind of spoiled the individual stories for me by mashing them together to form a coherent story. Although I have to say kudos to them for trying the best they could to adhere to the source material wherever possible enough.

But I still can't force down the liberties they took down my throat. Just my 2 cents.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 12:23   Link #824
FireChick

I got the first DVD and saw the first two episodes dubbed. Episode 2 towards the end creeped me out.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 12:57   Link #825
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Let me tell you, I enjoyed this series prior to licensing but I had no pretentions
that it would come out here in the U.S.

When I saw the box set in a local Best Buy store I nearly fell over.

Great news about a feature length movie!
You found a boxset? All I can ever find at Best Buy or any place is just volumes. Like DVD volumes of 1 and 2.

Anyways I really enjoyed the dub as it was very well done.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:28   Link #826
Z3120

I'm interested in buying the Mushishi DVDs (all of them ), but I was wondering if I should wait until they make a boxset with all of them or what?

Really loved this series and is one of the very few 26 episode TV shows I find myself purchasing since I tend to rate things on an overall scale.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 20:47   Link #827
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
I'm interested in buying the Mushishi DVDs (all of them ), but I was wondering if I should wait until they make a boxset with all of them or what?

Really loved this series and is one of the very few 26 episode TV shows I find myself purchasing since I tend to rate things on an overall scale.
Well I guess if it were me I'd wait until the boxset which is what I usually do. It can get a bit pricy to buy each individual DVD opposed to just the boxset.

I couldn't find a boxset for Mushishi so I ended up buying the individuals which I kind of am regretting. Spending more money than I'd like.
Old 2008-02-19, 01:39   Link #828
blewin

recently started rewatching Mushishi as it's been a while. This led me to start catching up with the manga. I hope they'd consider making a second season of this, there's so much potential with Mushishi. Just an absolutely beautiful anime. man... I'm suffering from Mushishi withdrawal, might rewatch the Live-Action movie, though it isn't as good as the anime.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 16:23   Link #829
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I actually would be thrilled if they made a second season. The way that Mushishi is set up and with it not having really a definitive plot it would work well.

As for the live action I watched the first few minutes and just stopped after that. I've never much cared for anime to live action adaptions.
Old 2008-02-19, 21:13   Link #830
blewin

yeah, the movie just falls short. Everything suddenly becomes too banal, and it fails to deliver the mystery and engaging feeling that the anime arouses... even though it does well in the general setting of countryside - of trees, grasses and traditional houses. *scratch head* Maybe that's why Mushishi is so special. It makes the mundane into something extraordinary without exaggerating anything, but once it's done in a real-life 3D dimension (as in real-life action), then that magic evaporates.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 22:21   Link #831
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Your right about the mood being such a big part of the anime. Also the enviornments just seem to look a whole lot more appealing in the Anime.
Old 2008-02-22, 16:10   Link #832
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well I guess if it were me I'd wait until the boxset which is what I usually do. It can get a bit pricy to buy each individual DVD opposed to just the boxset.
Yeah, I suppose. Thanks.

I didn't want to end up doing what I did for Gankutsuou and buy something on an impulse.

And yes, a 2nd season would be nice.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:43   Link #833
ginko51

The director of the anime (or whatever they call it these days) already said he is waiting for more manga material to do a second season.
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 19:20   Link #834
Kirarakim

A boxset usually comes out a year after the last single (which is coming out at the end of this month) so if you can wait that long. Well I know I couldn't since Mushishi is one of my favorite series.

As for the box that someone else mentioned I bet they were referring to the starter box that came with the first DVD.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 19:30   Link #835
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
As for the box that someone else mentioned I bet they were referring to the starter box that came with the first DVD.
That would make sense. It can take a lot of patience to wait for a boxset.
Old 2008-02-25, 01:19   Link #836
Moonbase

I hope I'm not being rude or breaking rules by posting this, as it is somewhat off-topic, but here it goes!

What's this anime like? It was mentioned a lot in the Noein thread and I've taken an interest in it. Knowing I liked Noein and "thinker"/unique anime, would this be something I would enjoy?
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 01:33   Link #837
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbase View Post
I hope I'm not being rude or breaking rules by posting this, as it is somewhat off-topic, but here it goes!

What's this anime like? It was mentioned a lot in the Noein thread and I've taken an interest in it. Knowing I liked Noein and "thinker"/unique anime, would this be something I would enjoy?
Well I've never really watched Noein. Anyways about Mushishi.

Mushishi is about a traveling "mushi Master" Ginko, who investigates and helps people with problems that are cause by Mushi. Mushi are creatures that are described as life in its purest form. The problems for humans that are caused by the Mushi are often strange or supernatural like. Thats the basics of it.
Old 2008-02-25, 01:42   Link #838
Moonbase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well I've never really watched Noein. Anyways about Mushishi.

Mushishi is about a traveling "mushi Master" Ginko, who investigates and helps people with problems that are cause by Mushi. Mushi are creatures that are described as life in its purest form. The problems for humans that are caused by the Mushi are often strange or supernatural like. Thats the basics of it.
How does it deal with the problems (i.e. thoughtful/philosophical ways, action-orientated, episodic resolution or some combination of these and methods I'm forgetting)?
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 01:52   Link #839
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Its hard to explain, many methods are used depending on the situation. Mushishi is defenitly not an action oriented show. Its more in the sense of what I would put it more on the lines of a medical mystery show with supernatural aspects to it. Even though there is no action there is blood shed in some episodes. Some things that happen in the show I guess could be considered horror by some people.
Old 2008-02-25, 01:58   Link #840
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbase View Post
How does it deal with the problems (i.e. thoughtful/philosophical ways, action-orientated, episodic resolution or some combination of these and methods I'm forgetting)?
It is a thoughtful, deeply philosophical show which usually resolves everything inside of a single episode and has virtually not action at all.

If you like the thinking parts of Noein, then you'll flip over Mushishi. If you need action, then this is not for you.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural