AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-13, 10:57   Link #1
Skane
Anime Snark

Relationships In The MSLN Series [SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY]

Welcome to the "Relationships In The MSLN Series [SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY]" thread.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a venue for members to discuss the various relationship pairings in the world of MSLN. Additionally, this thread is only for serious discussion based on the official canon. Fan-made material should not be taken into consideration. Canonical sources include-
As always, the usual rules of forum conduct must be followed. Specific examples to take note of from AnimeSuki's Forum Rules are-
Spoiler for the set of rules:
If you come across any post that is problematic, PLEASE use the Report Post button () to inform the Moderators. Do not aggravate the problem by replying to it.

On a final note, the very nature of this discussion means that there will be people who will disagree with your opinion(s). Please practise mutual respect and debate the issue(s) without resorting to personal attacks. There is no credibility in insults, only trouble.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-13, 17:28   Link #2
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
pairings huh? well why dont we start off with a list of possible pairings ~ and this is including strikerS

Nanoha x Yuuno
Nanoha x erio
Nanoha x chrono
Nanoha x Acous
Nanoha x fate chan

Fate chan x erio
Fate chan x yunno
Fate chan x chrono
Fate chan x Dr "spaghetti" (or what ever his name is)
Fate chan x nanoha tied down

Hayate x Acous
Hayate x yuuno
Hayate x chrono

Subaru x Teana

caro x Erio

Erio x Dr "spaghetti"

(and by this time its just gets repetitive O.o but im tempted to add Zafira x Zest feel free to add more ~

*in bold are the pairings i think have the biggest chance of happening*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-13, 17:41   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Thats very generous of you

You've forgotten about our two guardian beasts though, if you one to look at possiblities
Old 2007-05-13, 18:43   Link #4
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
pairings huh? well why dont we start off with a list of possible pairings ~ and this is including strikerS

Nanoha x erio

Fate chan x erio

Erio x Dr "spaghetti"

(and by this time its just gets repetitive O.o but im tempted to add Zafira x Zest feel free to add more ~

Unless the Aces are pedophiles and they like shotas, those possibilities are highly unlikely. Also, I don't think Elio is gay. He does have Caro after all
Old 2007-05-13, 18:57   Link #5
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
I think from all those only a few are actually canonical in some way

Nanoha x Yuuno, romanticl (A's epilogue hint, Manga hints)
Nanoha X Fate,romantic (S1/S2 hints , sound stage)
Erio X Caro, romantic (Strikers anime hints)

Subaru x Teana, really close friends/romantic (Manga hints, a little in anime)
Hayate x Vita, romantic (A's hint)
Hayate x Acous, romantic ?? (not much really for proof)

Anything else? i dont have all the sound stage so might miss some hints thrown in there.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
Erio and Caro is the most obvious for romance development so far with Nanoha/Yuuno as second followed by Fate/Nanoha (am being serious based on the manag/anime,not trying for ship war here)

-Erio and Caro pretty easy to see from all the hints in the anime.Very close to each other with some similarity in their unhappy past.Erio being quick and confident boy compliment Caro slightly timid and clumsy personality.

-On Nanoha and Yuuno, if you look at the manga and animes.It seems to be 1 sided so far on Yuuno.
Everything mentioned the A's epilogue was only confirmed by Yuuno not Nanoha so far.When they are together the only person that blush all the time is Yuuno.
They are nice pairing though,Yuuno knew a lot about Nanoha and he was one of the reason she is able to achieve everything so far.

-Nanoha Fate , now am not a yuri fan so i can describe this well.There is quite a number of hint that Fate might consider Nanoha more than just a friend especially in sound stage (although that SS could be interpreted differently). Very suitable match up both in personality and combat

Both NxF and NxY pairing seems to be 1 sided so far , either Nanoha consider all of em as equal friends,not interested/never thought of romance or she is just plain thick.

Last edited by raidou; 2007-05-13 at 19:23.
Old 2007-05-13, 19:01   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Unless the Aces are pedophiles and they like shotas, those possibilities are highly unlikely. Also, I don't think Elio is gay. He does have Caro after all
That would leave us with...

Quote:

Nanoha x Yuuno
Nanoha x chrono
Nanoha x Acous
Nanoha x fate chan

Fate chan x yunno
Fate chan x chrono
Fate chan x Dr "spaghetti" (or what ever his name is)

Hayate x Acous
Hayate x yuuno
Hayate x chrono

Subaru x Teana

caro x Erio

Erio x Dr "spaghetti"

+ Arf x Zafira
... Would anybody object if I scratch off the good doctor by default?

No?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
I think from all those only a few are actually canonical in some way

Nanoha x Yuuno, romanticl (A's epilogue hint, Manga hints)
Nanoha X Fate,romantic (S1/S2 hints , sound stage)
Erio X Caro, romantic (Strikers anime hints)

Subaru x Teana, really close friends/romantic (Manga hints, a little in anime)
Hayate x Vita, romantic (A's hint)
Hayate x Acous, romantic ?? (not much really for proof)
Scratching off those that seem RANDOM... We're left with...

Quote:

Nanoha x Yuuno
Nanoha x chrono
Nanoha x fate chan

Fate chan x chrono

Hayate x Acous
Hayate x yuuno
Hayate x chrono
Hayate x Vita

Subaru x Teana

caro x Erio

Arf x Zafira
... We're more or less playing 'battleship'
Old 2007-05-13, 19:16   Link #7
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
If I remember correctly, the inability for regular users to create threads in subforums like these was due at least partly to the shipping wars in the Shuffle subforum. Ah, irony. (Even more ironic if I'm misremembering and it's something completely different.)

In any case, I think a lot of the Fate/Nanoha thing reminds me of the Tomoyo/Sakura thing from Card Captor Sakura; they're not really a couple, although perhaps they wouldn't mind being one. It's just that they're such close friends, or at least share each others' personal spaces a lot, that it is, from a broad view, indistinguishable from a romantic relationship.

A very broad view, mind.

Shipping speculations affect every fandom I've encountered. I see the female/female fantasizing here as kind of balancing out the male/male fantasizing seen in, say, the Harry Potter fandom.

"You're sick for thinking that Fate and Nanoha should be a couple!"

"Um, I distinctly remember you pairing up Seiran and Ensei from Saiunkoku Monogatari."

"That's different! Look at how they act when they're together!"

"... are you even listening to what you're saying?"

Yeah, I'm more than a little bitter about shipping wars.

Anyway. Being in the CCS fandom has showed me that no matter if there is a canon pairing, the fans will not stop shipping their favourite couples. Heck, I'm guilty of this myself: I still think Tomoyo deserves to be closer to Sakura than she ends up being at the end of CCS.

That said, we're clearly seeing at least the start of a Caro/Elio romantic relationship. Only time will tell if this will continue, although considering the various MSLN series haven't thrown that many curveballs at us, we should be safe in assuming that it'll be canon at the end. (Well, unless something untoward happens to one or the other.)

I think the Yuuno/Nanoha pairing was conceived of at the beginning of the first season, but I'm not sure if the creators were intending to bait-and-switch us with Fate/Nanoha, or if Yuuno/Nanoha is still considered canon. Or at least, as canon as possible with Nanoha's workaholism. Nanoha, thus far in StrikerS, does not appear to have advanced any romantic relationships with anyone, at least not onscreen; it is entirely possible, if unlikely, that she may have experimented in dating with someone, be it Fate, Yuuno, or some other character.

Judging from the pre-StrikerS drama album, though, again, this is unlikely. Nanoha seems rather oblivious to romance.

I don't know how close Teana and Subaru really are. I'm guessing that their status right now is basically Close Friends, although not as close as Nanoha and Fate. In fact, I'd peg them more as akin to Arisa and Suzuka; they get into trouble sometimes, both with each other and with other people, but they stay together through thick and thin.

I really hope we'll be seeing Arisa and Suzuka in StrikerS. With all the talk about Friendship and how Nanoha's and Fate's friendship lasted for so long, it'll be a bit of a pity if Arisa and Suzuka, who were Nanoha's best friends prior her finding Raising Heart, were forgotten entirely.

Random speculation: we know that Arisa and Suzuka were told about the TSAB and such. We know that they've met Yuuno in ferret-form (heck, they found him first), and I think they met Yuuno in human-form (or at least should have) in the third (flower-watching) Sound Stage. Maybe Yuuno's been keeping in contact with them? Miyuki didn't seem that stunned that Yuuno was actually a boy (she mostly sounded disappointed that there wouldn't be much more of "ferret-mode"), so I'm wondering what Arisa and Suzuka's reactions would have been.

Again, however, random speculation. It's possible that we'll not see any of the non-magical Earth-born characters in StrikerS.

A final question: is this thread mostly for the romantic relationships, or are other sorts of relationships (familial and platonic friendship, off the top of my head) included?
Old 2007-05-13, 19:20   Link #8
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
A final question: is this thread mostly for the romantic relationships, or are other sorts of relationships (familial and platonic friendship, off the top of my head) included?
Relationships Thread. All relationships acceptable I daresay.
Old 2007-05-13, 19:24   Link #9
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Yeah, because summing up all the relationship...so far, it's like...

ONE BIG HAPPY pseudo-FAMILY.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-13, 19:34   Link #10
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Well time to start tossing in my own opinions on the pairings of Nanoha...
I'll try and keep my post as unbiased as I can, but I'll openly admit this right now:

I'm heavily biased towards Nanoha x Fate. So while I'll try and give reasoning and such, just keep in mind I'm biased and may interpret things to way I'd like rather then the intended way.

So moving right along, I'll start with Nanoha x Fate...

Nanoha x Fate: At the very, very least it's obvious these two are immensely close friends. That's an indisputable fact I'd have to say, correct? Now romantically... There's nothing concrete of course, otherwise this'd be the only pairing of these two characters, ne?

The 'evidence' we have is their rather, highly unusually close relationship you could say. While we know Fate is a rather shy girl it seems, and blushes rather easily, Nanoha and Fate tend to blush a lot when speaking to one another in MSLN and A's. Plus, usually when the two are speaking alone the music in the background seems to take on a very soft, soothing, almost romantic like melody.

The best example of that musical change is in episode 3 of A's after the events in episode 1 and 2. I'll openly admit this, I half expected to see a kiss in that scene when I watched it today. I'll blame KnM for that, but that's besides the point.

Although I will admit I find it unlikely Nanoha and Fate are a couple in MSLN or A's, as they are 9 and then 11, an age I'd think is a little too young to actually understand what love is. Perhaps in A's it's a possibility, but I'm just speculating.

Now StrikerS gives us some more material to support a potential pairing of the two. Namely that the two share a room and bed. It's obviously not 100% proof, but it gives a lot of support to the pairing, not that this counts as evidence but a few fanfictions have used that fact to support a romantic relationship.

One last tidbit that comes to mind off the top of my head is the ending song to A's "Spiritual Garden". It's all about Nanoha's love and ends with Nanoha and Fate looking at each other near a tree. This of course doesn't prove the song is about Nanoha and I'm merely just guessing here.

Chrono x Fate: This is a pairing I'm afraid I can't see happening. Chrono is engaged to Amy since MSLN, and Fate is his adopted sister. They might not be blood related, but I just can't see the two being involved that way. A brother/sister thing I can see, but not a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Hayate/Vita: I'd see this more as Vita has a crush on Hayate, although there is nothing to prove Hayate has a crush on Vita. It's not as noticeable in the anime, but I heard in the manga it's quite obvious Vita is in love/has a crush on Hayate. But judging from what we know of StrikerS, it doesn't seem like Hayate would have time for a relationship.

Subaru x Teana: I'll label this one as a very close friend kind of deal. There isn't anything to support them being romantically involved, but again I'll admit it's a possibility given how well the two seem to know each other. (Particularly Subaru seems to know a lot about Teana)

Caro x Eiro: It's been hinted at in StrikerS, but I won't say they'd be romantically involved in StrikerS itself. This is mainly just because I think they're too young, but this is anime, so I'd find this one pretty likely. And I guess it's cute, I'll admit that. But Caro is cute on her own isn't she? :3

Yuuno x Nanoha: I don't see this one either... I mean, sure they've been friends for a long time and the A's epilogue did have Chrono (I think it was him) asking how things were going between him and Nanoha, but he did deny that they were anything more then friends. Of course, he could just be shy and be denying it. But the main thing I'd find this coupling not highly likely is due to the fact that Nanoha seems very busy with her work and Yuuno is also pretty busy with his work in the Infinite Library.

But I'll also admit this: I don't like this pairing, so my opinion is highly biased.

Agh. I think I'll stop here... I've commented on the 'main' pairings in my mind, I'll probably throw in some more if I see the need to or to defend a pairing I like.
Old 2007-05-13, 20:25   Link #11
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Well time to start tossing in my own opinions on the pairings of Nanoha...
I'll try and keep my post as unbiased as I can, but I'll openly admit this right now:

I'm heavily biased towards Nanoha x Fate. So while I'll try and give reasoning and such, just keep in mind I'm biased and may interpret things to way I'd like rather then the intended way.

So moving right along, I'll start with Nanoha x Fate...

Nanoha x Fate: At the very, very least it's obvious these two are immensely close friends. That's an indisputable fact I'd have to say, correct? Now romantically... There's nothing concrete of course, otherwise this'd be the only pairing of these two characters, ne?

The 'evidence' we have is their rather, highly unusually close relationship you could say. While we know Fate is a rather shy girl it seems, and blushes rather easily, Nanoha and Fate tend to blush a lot when speaking to one another in MSLN and A's. Plus, usually when the two are speaking alone the music in the background seems to take on a very soft, soothing, almost romantic like melody.

The best example of that musical change is in episode 3 of A's after the events in episode 1 and 2. I'll openly admit this, I half expected to see a kiss in that scene when I watched it today. I'll blame KnM for that, but that's besides the point.

Although I will admit I find it unlikely Nanoha and Fate are a couple in MSLN or A's, as they are 9 and then 11, an age I'd think is a little too young to actually understand what love is. Perhaps in A's it's a possibility, but I'm just speculating.

Now StrikerS gives us some more material to support a potential pairing of the two. Namely that the two share a room and bed. It's obviously not 100% proof, but it gives a lot of support to the pairing, not that this counts as evidence but a few fanfictions have used that fact to support a romantic relationship.

One last tidbit that comes to mind off the top of my head is the ending song to A's "Spiritual Garden". It's all about Nanoha's love and ends with Nanoha and Fate looking at each other near a tree. This of course doesn't prove the song is about Nanoha and I'm merely just guessing here.

Chrono x Fate: This is a pairing I'm afraid I can't see happening. Chrono is engaged to Amy since MSLN, and Fate is his adopted sister. They might not be blood related, but I just can't see the two being involved that way. A brother/sister thing I can see, but not a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Hayate/Vita: I'd see this more as Vita has a crush on Hayate, although there is nothing to prove Hayate has a crush on Vita. It's not as noticeable in the anime, but I heard in the manga it's quite obvious Vita is in love/has a crush on Hayate. But judging from what we know of StrikerS, it doesn't seem like Hayate would have time for a relationship.

Subaru x Teana: I'll label this one as a very close friend kind of deal. There isn't anything to support them being romantically involved, but again I'll admit it's a possibility given how well the two seem to know each other. (Particularly Subaru seems to know a lot about Teana)

Caro x Eiro: It's been hinted at in StrikerS, but I won't say they'd be romantically involved in StrikerS itself. This is mainly just because I think they're too young, but this is anime, so I'd find this one pretty likely. And I guess it's cute, I'll admit that. But Caro is cute on her own isn't she? :3

Yuuno x Nanoha: I don't see this one either... I mean, sure they've been friends for a long time and the A's epilogue did have Chrono (I think it was him) asking how things were going between him and Nanoha, but he did deny that they were anything more then friends. Of course, he could just be shy and be denying it. But the main thing I'd find this coupling not highly likely is due to the fact that Nanoha seems very busy with her work and Yuuno is also pretty busy with his work in the Infinite Library.

But I'll also admit this: I don't like this pairing, so my opinion is highly biased.

Agh. I think I'll stop here... I've commented on the 'main' pairings in my mind, I'll probably throw in some more if I see the need to or to defend a pairing I like.

I highly agree with the Nanoha x Fate pairing 'evidence' you've tossed here. It's quite accurate and some people would think they're a little too close friends.

Chrono x Fate: I never saw that one happening. It just didn't seem right. Especially now, since Chrono is married and has two kids. He seems to be happy in the very least and that gives Fate nephews to enjoy.

Hayate x Vita: Nah, don't think it will happen. Vita is an eternal kid and Hayate needs to have a male partner. I'd personally wouldn't mind Acous being the one.

Subaru x Teana: Maybe, but I don't think so. They're more fit to be really close friends that can confide in one another.
Old 2007-05-13, 21:52   Link #12
CrazyPerson

I'm going to have to stab another nail into Yunno's coffin as well.

In the Ep7 raw, the girls clearly didn't know he was going to be there. That means they the girls and Yunno obviously haven't communicated in anyway, not even just chatting. That lack of communication further suggests that they been separated for an extended period of time, probably due to work. Besides, that lack of any really important work (plot-wise) done by Yunno kind of automatically sidelines him for any pairing with a main character.

...The above is not any endorsement for the legion, I'm just saying Yunno's out of the picture. I still think Nanoha and Fate have the Sakura and Tomoyo thing, but Fate has a much less severe case of obsession while Nanoha is still clueless I think. The girls will forever stay unpaired up, because the show has never really focused on romance of any kind but more of friendship. So... final prediction from me is: Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate will never get paired up. C'mon, the show is about friendship, all the lovey-dovey relationship stuff went offscreen, like Amy and Chrono's marriage.

I think most of the other relationships you guys have listed are just wishful thinking, this isn't School Rumble, THIS. IS. NANOHA! Though, I am glad that you guys haven't totally gone overboard on the shipping stuff and so badly that you've added the Wolkenkritter or the support staff yet.
Old 2007-05-13, 22:04   Link #13
krisslanza

I commented on the Wolkenkriiter, mainly Vita. It's just I'd be a one-sided thing I believe...

Vita loves Hayate, but I highly doubt she'll ever tell her and even if she did I don't think it's likely Hayate would like her back. I mean, Vita will never age (although I did hear rumors she can use transformation magic to appear older?) so... I just don't find it likely.

You can't really pair Signum with anyone, sure there ARE fanfiction of SignumxFate but I only see the two as obvious rivals.

Shamal, has little interaction with anyone besides Hayate so again, I can't think of anyone she would ever become romantically involved with.

Ditto for Zafira.

Same goes for support staff, they don't get much interaction except a few. Like Arf loves Fate, but not in a love-love way. It's a master and familiar sort of thing, although again there is fanart/fiction to support it but that's just fan opinion and no real evidence exists in anything to think Arf would ever want to be romantically involved with her master.

I'll have to disagree that no one will ever pair up. While there may not be any on-screen action, even though MSLN and A's were centered around friendship keep in mind in there, the characters were rather young. Now the old main cast are all adults, I'd find it possible you may find romance in it or at least suggested romance (Such as in the case of Amy and Chrono, you never saw them do anything lovey-dovey together).

Hey what's shipping anyway? I'm not familiar with that term in the least bit.
Old 2007-05-13, 22:39   Link #14
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I commented on the Wolkenkriiter, mainly Vita. It's just I'd be a one-sided thing I believe...

Vita loves Hayate, but I highly doubt she'll ever tell her and even if she did I don't think it's likely Hayate would like her back. I mean, Vita will never age (although I did hear rumors she can use transformation magic to appear older?) so... I just don't find it likely.

You can't really pair Signum with anyone, sure there ARE fanfiction of SignumxFate but I only see the two as obvious rivals.

Shamal, has little interaction with anyone besides Hayate so again, I can't think of anyone she would ever become romantically involved with.

Ditto for Zafira.

Same goes for support staff, they don't get much interaction except a few. Like Arf loves Fate, but not in a love-love way. It's a master and familiar sort of thing, although again there is fanart/fiction to support it but that's just fan opinion and no real evidence exists in anything to think Arf would ever want to be romantically involved with her master.

I'll have to disagree that no one will ever pair up. While there may not be any on-screen action, even though MSLN and A's were centered around friendship keep in mind in there, the characters were rather young. Now the old main cast are all adults, I'd find it possible you may find romance in it or at least suggested romance (Such as in the case of Amy and Chrono, you never saw them do anything lovey-dovey together).

Hey what's shipping anyway? I'm not familiar with that term in the least bit.
Quite true *Nods head in approve*. By 'Shipping' he meant the Ship wars that I, and some other people, helped lead some time ago. I called it 'Nanoha Taisen' and the reason behind it was '300' that were the Yuuno x Nanoha supporters, were waging 'war' against 'the Legion' the ones who, like myself, support Nanoha x Fate. We waged war for so long, that people got tired and annoyed and asked us to stop. Ultimately, it became so ridiculously large and 'unstoppable' that the Moderators stepped in. And so that's why this thread was created under the title of 'Serious Discussion Only'.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:23   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So... In the end, romance-wise, we'll all eventually come to the conclusion that unless the writers say so , "out-of-the-blues" seems to be their prefered pattern of attack, anything and everything is just wishful thinking.

But I'm sure that the writers, after several hours of intense discussion in a tiny locked up conference room with no ventilation, no toilet breaks and being fueled by nothing but crappy coffee, had decided that "FAMILY" turns the fans on more than ANY romance would ever!

Yes! Lets all talk about the pleasures of friendship and family! Can't you just feel the air buzzing with excitment?! I-I can hardly contain myself! What a ground-breaking ingenuous idea!

Huh? What's that? Oh no no, I'm NOT bitter about it at all ! In fact, I'm ABSOLUTELY THRILLED about that idea! But enough of that, lets talk about how the Aces and their companions are such great FRIENDS!

... Cause thats about the only thing that is cannon.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:31   Link #16
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I may have my own preferences to this kind of things, but frankly, I'd nail everyone's coffins.

Nanoha and Fate...well, the dynamic is there, the fans are there, the possibility, itself is there as well. But the continuous reinforcement of their "friendship" especially on Nanoha's side of things (( for well...everyone )) many times kind of reflect that this show doesn't really dwell or lean to sides. As for "more than friends" stuff, I agree...if this wasn't anime. C'mon, we've seen worse, and they're still friends, and sadly for those, I don't think StrikerS will venture beyond that.

Likewise to Yuuno. Well, I suppose Yuuno and the rest's relationship, mainly Nanoha reflects the inner similarity of their workaholic attitudes, to extents where, both of them are clearly great buddies no less than Vita, or Fate, or whoever friends... it somehow at the same time, shows their distance. It's not something nailed and beat after death, but likewise I don't see it occuring. Like CrazyP said, friendship to extents that they look like siblings and almost like couples, that's what Nanoha is all about. It can be easily mistaken for something more, but the undertones showed they the fine line...is still there and not backing down.

Wolkenrietter....Naahhhhhh.

Other aspects really depend more on how they're done, but sadly...I foresee open-endedness. Maybe they'll finalize something, but I don't think we'll ever see it in the anime. Maybe like the whole C.E 74 Data File or Voice of Distant Star epilogue, but within contextual development...not too shabby.

C2F, exactly. Friendship = Safe Zone and THE Zone :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:38   Link #17
krisslanza

But playing safely is boring. o:
Were supposed to be debating like lawyers right now! =p

While open-endedness is kinda nice, since it means no fans end up outraged and angered etc. etc., I'd want something concerte... Although then again, if there was and it wasn't NxF... It would end up probably killing a large portion of the fanbase. Hm. That is kind of a dilemma isn't it? *Scratches head*

I'll have to disagree that the show is solely about friendship. Shows only about friendship don't involve child abuse. >_>
But that's mainly wishful thinking... On the beyond friendship thing not child abuse. <_<;

Yay for posting when sleepy.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:39   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

C2F, exactly. Friendship = Safe Zone and THE Zone :P
Oh you could just FEEL the doujin artists and fanfiction writers ALL OVER this!

They never had the experience the joy of creating works of FRIENDSHIP... We'll begin an age FREE of the boring and overused ROMANCE in our lives!

I mean why be a couple, when you can be FRIENDS?! Thats the IN thing these days right?! RIGHT?!?!
Old 2007-05-14, 02:53   Link #19
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

As much as i am a fan of romance, i am going to agree with Nightengale: While the potential is definitely there, i don't expect the directors to venture much further than the (very close)friendship area.

I would say there is enough material to make both Nanoha x Yuuno and Nanoha x Fate (even though my preference lies with the former) easy to pull off, and no one would be going "wtf, where did that came from" <- i think we can all agree to this.

However, i don't see that happening. They are, probably, going to tease us with hints here and there, but nothing conclusive in the end. (The very end of the series is the soonest i would expect any romance revelations on this front).

Erio and Caro seem like the most obvious one to me, and one that actually has a very high chance of happening (as far as their age allows it to, assuming their age is being taken in to consideration). They sure are not hesitant about dropping early hints about this one, and if we are going to see any "couples" at all in Nanoha, i think it is a safe bet to say that Caro x Erio is the most likely one.

Something like Teana x Subaru and others don't even seem significant enough (and too random in my books) to even mention
Old 2007-05-14, 03:45   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As much as i am a fan of romance, i am going to agree with Nightengale: While the potential is definitely there, i don't expect the directors to venture much further than the (very close)friendship area.

I would say there is enough material to make both Nanoha x Yuuno and Nanoha x Fate (even though my preference lies with the former) easy to pull off, and no one would be going "wtf, where did that came from" <- i think we can all agree to this.

However, i don't see that happening. They are, probably, going to tease us with hints here and there, but nothing conclusive in the end. (The very end of the series is the soonest i would expect any romance revelations on this front).
The nights that I've cried tears of blood over these FACTS have been long and cold, even for my standards...

So our best and brightest possible scenario to get a possible comfirmed romance relationship from Nanoha is by having the show to end...?

What a twisted deal.

(Yes it's me, my Hollow is gone for now...)

Quote:
Erio and Caro seem like the most obvious one to me, and one that actually has a very high chance of happening (as far as their age allows it to, assuming their age is being taken in to consideration). They sure are not hesitant about dropping early hints about this one, and if we are going to see any "couples" at all in Nanoha, i think it is a safe bet to say that Caro x Erio is the most likely one.
Make me paranoid about it... Why is this one different?

Whats the catch?

Quote:
Something like Teana x Subaru and others don't even seem significant enough (and too random in my books) to even mention
Subaru and Teana... Works well together as a team
Closed Thread