AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 14:38   Link #1
TimeMask
Phantom Member

I think the Sasuke vs Killer Bee fight may have been Kishimoto's way to give Sasuke a form of Jugo's ability which is called sage transformation. In this thread I will call Jugo's ability curse mark since a lot of people may not know that Jugo's ability is called sage transformation.

Spoiler:

Judging by what Karin says in the picture above it seems a enzyme in Jugo's blood may cause his ability the curse mark to activate.

Spoiler:

Jugo gave Sasuke his flesh to repair Sasuke’s chest from Killer Bee’s attack which means Sasuke should have Jugo's enzyme.

Maybe Sasuke wouldn't need a seal on his neck to use the curse marks power if he can find a way to activate Jugo's enzyme without using a seal.

Do you think there's a chance Sasuke could get the curse marks power to activate?

I made this curse mark theory a while back on MangaStream forum but I've changed it over time and posted it here to see what people think of it now. The MangaStream forum was deleted.

Curse Mark + Sage Mode combination

If Sasuke can activate Jugo's enzyme to use the curse mark and if he learned sage mode then the curse mark could let him use sage mode for longer. As the curse mark would let Sasuke absorb natural energy when moving.

Naruto can't currently collect natural energy while moving but Kabuto can since he has Jugo's DNA. Kabuto can absorb natural energy while moving which lets him use sage mode for longer.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-12-18 at 07:47.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:55   Link #2
james0246

Sorry, the post above was copied from a post made more than a month ago, so it did not show up on the front page as it should. Feel free to discuss now.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 07:56   Link #3
HasuMasu
*Artist

I don't think so, as the Curse Mark is something from Sasuke's 'Hebi' stage--
now that he is in the 'Taka' stage, he needs to sever ties with the snakes, Orochimaru, the Curse Mark, etc.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:29   Link #4
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I don't think so, as the Curse Mark is something from Sasuke's 'Hebi' stage--
now that he is in the 'Taka' stage, he needs to sever ties with the snakes, Orochimaru, the Curse Mark, etc.
Kabuto said people from Jugo's clan have a body that can absorb the force of nature.

If Sasuke activates Jugo's enzyme in his body he will be able to absorb nature energy by using the curse mark giving Sasuke a stronger body.

This means Curse Mark isn't a snake power so Sasuke can have it and still sever all ties to snakes. Remember that Sasuke won't have Oro's curse seal but a curse mark which would be used by activating Jugo's enzyme.

However Dr.Snakes hasn't yet severed all ties to snakes for example he still wears the same type of clothes he wore before he beat Oro which was when he was doing his snake theme.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-03-21 at 09:48.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:56   Link #5
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Kabuto said people from Jugo's clan have a body that can absorb the force of nature.

If Sasuke activates Jugo's enzyme in his body he will be able to absorb nature energy by using the curse mark giving Sasuke a stronger body.

This means Curse Mark isn't a snake power so Sasuke can have it and still sever all ties to snakes. Remember that Sasuke won't have Oro's curse seal but a curse mark which would be used by activating Jugo's enzyme.

However Dr.Snakes hasn't yet severed all ties to snakes for example he still wears the same type of clothes he wore before he beat Oro which was when he was doing his snake theme.
why would sasuke want to sever all ties to snakes? they're powerful and useful. assuming they dont hate him for killing manda, I would suspect he would maintain their relationship
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:05   Link #6
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
why would sasuke want to sever all ties to snakes? they're powerful and useful. assuming they dont hate him for killing manda, I would suspect he would maintain their relationship
Detective-san said Sasuke needs to sever all ties to snakes and I explained why the curse mark isn't a snake power.

I agree with you that snakes are useful, Sasuke is the type to use nearly any weapon he can get but he seems to have lost snake summons when Oro was sealed out of him or he stopped using snake summons.
Old 2012-03-22, 04:03   Link #7
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
For story reasons ofcourse, changing his team name and summon wasn't the only meaning of what Tobi said: "Now Sasuke, will you stay a snake or become a hawk?" or something like that.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 10:05   Link #8
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
For story reasons ofcourse, changing his team name and summon wasn't the only meaning of what Tobi said: "Now Sasuke, will you stay a snake or become a hawk?" or something like that.
If Sasuke gets the curse mark he can still be a "hawk" since the curse mark isn't Oro's power and comes from Jugo who talks to birds so the curse mark is like a bird power.

If my theory comes true then Sasuke will have to get a way to activate the curse mark and he probably won't have Oro's curse seal which badly effected his mind.
Old 2012-03-22, 17:18   Link #9
Akashin

Be that as it may, the Cursed Seal is still a symbol of Sasuke's relationship with Orochimaru, whether that's what it is in reality or not. You do make a compelling point in the sense that it's entirely possible that Sasuke could get it back again, but I don't anticipate it happening.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 01:08   Link #10
itachi-san314

I highly doubt he will get it back. sasuke is a proud uchiha. he isn't the type who wants to make a conglomeration of other clans powers in his body like kabuto, danzo or tobi. having to use the curse mark would mean that the best of the new generation uchiha still isn't good enough with his own clan's dna. i doubt that would sit well with him. just my opinion. it's also true that whenever sasuke gets in a bind, he quickly wants whatever power he can get his hands on so it's not like it couldn't happen, but another argument against it would be that it would be repetitive story-telling. we've already seen sasuke with the curse mark. it would be a bit boring i think as opposed to a new EMS power or something we havent seen yet
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 10:47   Link #11
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
I highly doubt he will get it back. sasuke is a proud uchiha. he isn't the type who wants to make a conglomeration of other clans powers in his body like kabuto, danzo or tobi. having to use the curse mark would mean that the best of the new generation uchiha still isn't good enough with his own clan's dna. i doubt that would sit well with him. just my opinion. it's also true that whenever sasuke gets in a bind, he quickly wants whatever power he can get his hands on so it's not like it couldn't happen, but another argument against it would be that it would be repetitive story-telling. we've already seen sasuke with the curse mark. it would be a bit boring i think as opposed to a new EMS power or something we havent seen yet
Many People on the internet have said they are bored of Sasuke using susanoo all the time so him getting curse mark could help him put more variety into his fighting style.

I don't think Sasuke would mind using Jugo's power since he's used it before and he already has Jugo's curse mark enzyme inside his body.
Old 2012-03-24, 10:52   Link #12
Aqua Knight

What's the point of stripping a certain power from character and then returning it?

Now that Sasuke has EMS, I doubt he would resort to something low as a curse mark.
Old 2012-03-24, 21:38   Link #13
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
What's the point of stripping a certain power from character and then returning it?

Now that Sasuke has EMS, I doubt he would resort to something low as a curse mark.
That might be a pretty cool combination to see though.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:15   Link #14
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post

It seems Kishi wanted to nerf Sasuke by taking the curse seal so he would have to use his mangekyou sharingan more which made Sasuke blind faster.

Kishi wanted Sasuke to be blind faster so he could get EMS quicker.

The point of giving Sasuke the curse mark now would be to give him another power up so he can get closer to Naruto's strength.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:05   Link #15
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I dunno, why would he need something weakass like a curse seal when he already has EMS??
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 18:53   Link #16
Bismark

There only seem to be a handful of curse marks left, with Anko's being the last one possible as she has the heaven mark as well. So the question isn't so much Sasuke, it's Anko.
Bismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 19:16   Link #17
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismark View Post
There only seem to be a handful of curse marks left, with Anko's being the last one possible as she has the heaven mark as well. So the question isn't so much Sasuke, it's Anko.
Killer Bee damaged Sasuke's chest so Jugo gave Sasuke some of his flesh and chakra.

In Jugo's flesh is a enzyme which contains the power of the curse mark and since Sasuke has Jugo's flesh he has the curse mark enyzme inside him so if Sasuke can activate this enzyme he can use the curse mark.

(This is explained in the 1st post of this thread in more detail).

@Dengar the curse seal let Sasuke survive a direct hit from Deidara's bombs with little damage so the curse mark isn't weak and even if it was it would still be good for Sasuke to get it since every bit of power helps in a fight.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:46   Link #18
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Susanoo makes the defensive strength of the Curse Seal completely obsolete.
Old 2012-03-26, 06:55   Link #19
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Susanoo makes the defensive strength of the Curse Seal completely obsolete.
Sasuke used the curse seal when he had no chakra against Itachi and according to Kabuto the curse mark absorbs nature energy.

This means the curse mark can let Sasuke fight for longer (use susanoo longer?) and strengthen his body.

Imagine this happening:

Sasuke finishes a fight with someone and runs out of chakra, he can barely move.

Then 30 fodder ninja appear to kill him, Sasuke activates the curse mark which gives him the power to beat the fodder ninja. Without the curse mark he may have been killed by fodder ninja.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:39   Link #20
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah.. Now that he has EMS that scenario's likelihood of happening has dropped by a mile. Susanoo is so broken, especially now that he has EMS, he can use it without the nasty side effects.

Tags
naruto, timemask