AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-15, 20:59   Link #1041
tsunade666

I also didn't catch the sword. I only saw a beam.

log hora has a good adaptation. nhk did great on it though animation wise. its rather crappy and the the feel felt lighter but information and plot wise. they don't shy away from explaining the core points.

so far. Log horizon is one of the best adaption I ever saw.

TR?
Old 2013-12-15, 21:03   Link #1042
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Tokyo Ravens, doing fine on the execution department, but it's butchering a lot of content out.
Old 2013-12-15, 22:59   Link #1043
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Tokyo Ravens, doing fine on the execution department, but it's butchering a lot of content out.
Funny enough, I'm enjoying TR a lot more then I'm enjoying this. I haven't read the source material for either of them, but StB is a bit disappointing for me at the moment.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 23:19   Link #1044
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Funny enough, I'm enjoying TR a lot more then I'm enjoying this. I haven't read the source material for either of them, but StB is a bit disappointing for me at the moment.
You'll die inside if you get to know the amount of butchering there.

BTW:
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 23:39   Link #1045
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Of course you would, because it is being executed neatly, though the butchering seems to be over the top in it.....

@Birdway: That was already posted few pages back.
Old 2013-12-16, 00:38   Link #1046
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Spoiler for EDIT:
That's a whole different level of overpowered then

If that's the case, though, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to join the "dissapointed with adaptation" chorus. An enemy of that caliber, even, or rather, especially when gone berserk, should feel more threatening than a mere villain of the arc. Naturally, Othinus is a good example of this.

Last edited by Flower; 2013-12-30 at 12:32.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 01:13   Link #1047
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

I.........I was...... Yo..... You..... You know............. Crying for at least decent OST for those........ Sorry scenes...... Still they managed to....... Make it sound like........ ahhhh.... I give up, not worth it to even put into words...
Old 2013-12-16, 01:46   Link #1048
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Don't worry it wasn't just you, anime itself forgot about the sword.....

That's what I am talking about, they are butchering the points too....

Though still, this is less worse than TR... I read few chapters today, and anime annihilated them all.
Ah I definitely see your point then and I certain don't blame you being a source reader. Kanon definitely seems more like strong enemy in anime rather than the near interdimensional celestial being as your describing. I just think your going have to lower expectations (probably even more than you already have) for this adaptation.

I've kinda done this for TR in terms of being comparable to the source, so I can enjoy on it's own.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 16:17   Link #1049
Frontier

I think it's important to remember that Vatler, of all people, was against Kojou fighting Kanon, or at least individuals of her level. Kojou being a vampire, an existence with more devilish or demonic traits, is likely to be extremely weak against something akin to a divine angel.

And as this episode showed, he may have had a good point. Because Kanon exists on another plane of existence, none of Kojou's Familiars can even touch her. The only chance they have at stopping her is to either appeal to her human side or get Kojou to unlock a Familiar that can somehow attack between dimensions.

As for the heroes letting the villains talk... well we have to get exposition somehow .

Though seriously, if I were in Kojou's position I think I'd be more interested in finally getting an explanation for everything than in starting another brawl.

At least Kojou let Regulus Aurum make up for his epic fail at catching fish in the last episode .

So on the one hand, Kojou got stuck on a deserted island and got his heart pierced by an angel. On the other hand, he got to get a decent gander at La Folia bathing and got to see Yukina wearing nothing but his jacket. I guess that evens out things on the karma scale .

The preview heavily implies that Yukina will be the medium for Familiar #3 (Chronologically), and I can't wait to witness its debut. I'd say it's likely that either Kanon or La Folia, more the latter than the former, will be the medium used to unlock at least one Familiar in the next cour. The jury's still out on whether either of them will be Harem Member # 4.

As for the whole adaption issue... what adaptions leave out, and what they sometimes fail to properly convey is often a main point of contention between those who've seen the source, at least in my experience. As an anime-only viewer for both Strike The Blood and Tokyo Ravens, I can say I'm enjoying what's set before me in the anime's even if I'm aware that they have their faults.
Old 2013-12-16, 21:30   Link #1050
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
As for the whole adaption issue... what adaptions leave out, and what they sometimes fail to properly convey is often a main point of contention between those who've seen the source, at least in my experience. As an anime-only viewer for both Strike The Blood and Tokyo Ravens, I can say I'm enjoying what's set before me in the anime's even if I'm aware that they have their faults.
And that is ultimately the most important thing here. Anime adaptations are generally aimed at new people. If the said audience is still enjoying what's being presented despite being none the wiser about omitted material then the staff is doing it's job well, unless the missing stuff proves too detrimental to the plot down the line. Other than that it's mostly minor gripes.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 04:49   Link #1051
Tenzen12

You forgeting majority of otaku (actualy people in general) have quite low starands, so just cause something is liked doesn't say much about it's quality .

That said, Strike the blood anime is ok, maybe mediocre but definitely not bad.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-12-17 at 05:07.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 22:00   Link #1052
Charlotte Belew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The preview heavily implies that Yukina will be the medium for Familiar #3 (Chronologically), and I can't wait to witness its debut. I'd say it's likely that either Kanon or La Folia, more the latter than the former, will be the medium used to unlock at least one Familiar in the next cour. The jury's still out on whether either of them will be Harem Member # 4.
Yukina was already used to unlock the first familiar, Regulus Aurum. I doubt she'll be re-used for another one (at least not that soon).
I'd say it's most likely that he'll use La Folia, as she's readily avaiable
Kanon seems to doing some weird metamorphosis thing. Besides, would it be possible for a vampire to bite an angel in the first place?
Charlotte Belew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 00:53   Link #1053
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Belew View Post
Besides, would it be possible for a vampire to bite an angel in the first place?
Good question, but I guess it should be possible. Kanon is a fake angel.
Old 2013-12-18, 01:25   Link #1054
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Good question, but I guess it should be possible. Kanon is a fake angel.
she still release that divine wave thing in episode 5. So even if its fake. it will still harm him. And the problem first before even biting is, isn't Kanon currently in different phase of dimension?
Old 2013-12-18, 03:17   Link #1055
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
she still release that divine wave thing in episode 5. So even if its fake. it will still harm him. And the problem first before even biting is, isn't Kanon currently in different phase of dimension?
She is in an entirely different dimension/plane of existence, not just in a different phase of the dimension. Though the problem at hand is...... Kojou's condition...
Old 2013-12-20, 09:55   Link #1056
Avaricia
My Lord

Spoiler for Yukina is annoying as hell:
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 09:57   Link #1057
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 10:33   Link #1058
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia
Oh come on! Seriously Yukina? You're gonna cockblock a princess?
Ha Ha Ha..... Forgive the little lass.

She was just a little bit afraid of someone stealing the march against her crush, who was about to get service by Princess. Although, it a pity indeed. I feel that.

Look at the bright side Yukina, the princess will get a direct contact with a male's body for the first in her sheltered life. There is no need to cockblock her just because she's a Royalty. She's going to miss this opportunity and you took it away.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 10:46   Link #1059
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Ha Ha Ha..... Forgive the little lass.

She was just a little bit afraid of someone stealing the march against her crush, who was about to get service by Princess. Although, it a pity indeed. I feel that.

Look at the bright side Yukina, the princess will get a direct contact with a male's body for the first in her sheltered life. There is no need to cockblock her just because she's a Royalty. She's going to miss this opportunity and you took it away.
Spoiler for Don't worry:

Last edited by Avaricia; 2013-12-20 at 11:09.
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 12:25   Link #1060
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Spoiler for EDIT:

Last edited by Ougon; 2013-12-30 at 09:20.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires