AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your Favourite SHUFFLE! girl?
Asa 122 43.88%
Kaede 68 24.46%
Kareha 9 3.24%
Lisianthus 16 5.76%
Mayumi 8 2.88%
Nerine 30 10.79%
Primula 25 8.99%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-06, 07:48   Link #721
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I just bash your head above and you keep asking the same question??? I should bash your head more

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 07:59   Link #722
BrokenWingz

Omg~ hahaha i thought i didnt post that bit in the afternoon =\
(now you see why i thought it was 111 :P)
guess i can vote now
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 13:21   Link #723
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I love all the girls but Kaede the most... followed by Sia.
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 03:59   Link #724
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Asa is winning by a landslide, didnt expect that o_0
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 04:56   Link #725
~Daisuki~
☆☆☆&#97

or maybe its only the asa fans that can be botherd to vote :P
~Daisuki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 05:45   Link #726
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

What the helll ... Potatochobit for bringing the old wounds back >__<

And yes.. I'm still alive .... just half dead >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-08-15, 05:51   Link #727
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

EDIT: Bah !!! stupid connection >__<

Gomen ;_;
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-08-15, 11:12   Link #728
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
old wounds
Wound? *commences heal lvl12 spell*
Pain, pain, fly awaayyy...*pats kina senpai* there, there....

I'd say the ones wounded right now are the Asa fans. In the Saimoe 2006 Kaede was 56th out 2600 other characters...

Even if we used this poll for counterbalance, Kaede would still win.
498 total for Kaede
428 total for Asa

But then in reality the Saimoe poll has far more merit due to its nature, making Kaede's 430 votes far more worth than this 1 to 1 translation. Oh well either way Kaede is the win.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 01:08   Link #729
criticalsight

Asa of course, then Primula.
criticalsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 01:15   Link #730
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well i didnt mean to bump this old thread.

someones signature said click me and vote, so i clicked his sig. lol...
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 11:24   Link #731
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
well i didnt mean to bump this old thread.

someones signature said click me and vote, so i clicked his sig. lol...
I don't mind

Althought KKK fans might.

We have a new poll now. Please go and vote for Asa and Ama.
Old 2006-08-18, 12:12   Link #732
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

That poll has closed. There's no poll to vote anymore.
Old 2006-10-26, 18:28   Link #733
deathsSt4lker

Cool simple

thers no other way of saying it primula is the best she loves the boy i am a fan but sorry i cant remember the names of the boys but she calls him brother dosent that make her incest?? lol she still funny is guys are happy to write about the female charecters looks but not men since its a bit odd lol go primula
deathsSt4lker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:58   Link #734
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

My eyes...they burn! .... The boy is called Rin and i really doubt that calling him 'brother' makes it incest in any way imaginable. In a lot of series younger girls refer to the ever present male as onii-chan regardles if he actually is one or not.
Old 2006-10-28, 16:14   Link #735
doofus123
lolicon

in japanese and chinese language, a person can address an older male "onii-chan" (in japanese, and something else in chinese) regardless of whether they're related or not. however if they are related, then "onii-chan" must be used to acknowledge that the person is older, and calling a blood-related (older) brother by the first name is a sign of disrespect.
doofus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 22:53   Link #736
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Man, Kaede had a tough time ... I mean, I was rooting for Asa, but come on ... Kaede should have had at least something to help her not be insane.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 11:47   Link #737
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
The issue wasn't that Rin and Asa fell in love with each other, you can't choose who you care for the most, and you can't blame either of them for being true to themselves
Another question is, was Rin really in love with Asa right off the bat when they met?
Or did Asa's seduction schemes have a say in how his feelings turned out?

After all, I do think the things she did was done as an active pursuit of Rin. At the same time pretentiously preaching her "support" to Kaede.

That's Asa's character for you.

Are you going to argue that Rin's feelings and destiny was set in stone to be for Asa the day he was born and that "love can't be acquired"?

Quote:
You're the recipient of an attack by a girl that's having the one big thing that she's been dedicating her life to for years pulled out from underneath her and suffering from years of exhaustion and neglect, and you go to visit her to make sure that she's all right as soon as you get out of the hospital. That's strength of character.
Strength? Too weak for me. I have no respect for Asa's character.

The flower shop scene prior to this was a pretty good indicator of what kind of strength it is her character has.
Asa was standing in front of the flower shop thinking, "Should I buy Kaede some flowers? hmmm"
Then she turns around and walks away with her "nah I better not" attitude.
Then the shop owner comes out to fish Asa back.
Then Asa made "oh I better buy her something after all"

For future reference, anyone trying to argue Asa "compassion" using the "she bought flowers" should give credit where it's due, and that credit belongs to the flower shop owner.

Back to Asa's strength of character.
"as soon as you get out of the hospital"???
Strength of character should have kicked in the moment she wakes up in the hospital. Asking Rin about it, questioning what the heck happened, make a phone call to Kaede, do SOMETHING while in the hospital, not afterwards. We got to see just about nothing from Asa when in the hospital. That's enough damning evidence just by itself, the way I see it.

Quote:
First off, Episode 21, about 5:30. Asa is geniunely worried about Kaede and prompts conversation about her. (and before you start making comments about how she didn't stop him from leaving the house, that was obviously what was best for Kaede... she needed to be freed from her life of servitude; it was just how he went about leaving that was wrong)
ep21 5m10s.
Asa: "Is Kaede still feeling ill?"
She was asking because Kaede was absent from school, just like Sia and Nerine did a few scenes before. Not because she was concerned about her menal state.

Which is further proven when Asa asks Rin: "And what's the truth? Well it's odd that Kaede won't see Sia-chan and Nerine-chan."
Drumroll........: Asa: "Is it my fault?"

Look a bit more in-depth please. Don't give her more credit than she deserves.

Quote:
That only applies if they're actually going out. Rin was still fair game.
Except that Asa didn't play the game fair.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Not staying away. It's not wrong to love someone whom your friend also like. The keyword is HONESTY. Just be honest & tell your friend that you also like him/her. Then that would be even. Asa supported Kaede & make her believe that she supported her love. But she make her moves mostly behind Kaede's back & hid her true feeling towards Rin from her. She only told the truth AFTER things had gone her way.
I don't see how that would have made a difference in the way things turned out.
The point is we don't care even if it didn't made any difference! The point is the difference would be that we would have seen Asa in a different light!
That's the point! Character! Not the result, but Character!

Quote:
Its not like she tried to keep it a secret and denied it when Kaede asked or anything.
Thing is, when did she ever give Kaede reason to question her?
She preached to Kaede things like ""Rin-chan is Kaede's knight and Kaede's knight alone, right?"
Making Kaede think she has her senpai's support and that she had all the time to herself to go at it in her own pace like she had always done.

Quote:
Actually, come to think of it, when did they say that Asa never told Kaede? Rewatching parts of it just now, I was under the impression that the news reached Kaede before. Just because they never showed it doesn't mean that the conversation didn't happen, and Kaede didn't seem surprised when Rin and Asa went out on a date.
Quote:
Kaede didn't seem surprised to find out that Asa liked Rin, so maybe she did tell her and the director assumed that it wasn't important to take screentime.
First of all you are the one with the burden of proof, not us.
At first she may not have been surprised because she trusted in Asa, remember how Asa encouraged her?
Afterwards, when that thing went on long enough and Asa visited Kaede at home with Rin, we found out Kaede's reaction to it all when she realized what was going on.
You don't think that was surprise/reaction enough?

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to say but it was never a good thing. Letting Kaede to love Rin from afar only makes Kaede suffer more. Asa was suppose to help her moving on with her life.
That wouldn't have done any good. What Kaede needed then was comfort and an ear, not someone essentially telling her "he's mine now, look elsewhere". Rin moved out. It was only a matter of time until Kaede realized that she lost.
Surely "he's mine now, look elsewhere" is lesser evil than a false hope like "sure, go ahead chase after my relationship with Rin all you want"

That is what can be considered pure evil by some, and someone made a good point about it here already: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...6&postcount=45

Last edited by Arimfe; 2006-11-13 at 12:09.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 17:33   Link #738
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
*beep* just wanted to say that im standing on neutral grounds...any unjust bias opinions of either of the girls will have my protection...and just for the record "its all rin's fault!"
one can argue that in the beginning rin already had a thing for asa in the first place...that is a point which is valid and needs recognition...if it is true she screwed up big time!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 17:52   Link #739
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
*beep* just wanted to say that im standing on neutral grounds...any unjust bias opinions of either of the girls will have my protection...and just for the record "its all rin's fault!"
one can argue that in the beginning rin already had a thing for asa in the first place...that is a point which is valid and needs recognition...if it is true she screwed up big time!

Actually Rin did have something for Asa in the beginning but no idea how serious it was. However Kaede never had chance, it was either ep4 or 5 when the episode started with Rin having his nightmare about loli Kaede. The scar formt he box cutter runs too deep.

Edit: Mu imagination are there a lot of CC avatar's around?
Old 2006-11-13, 18:37   Link #740
Moon Eclipse

Rin was remembering a past that he had repressed in his mind. They weren't nightmares because they were reflections of what actually happened. The only reason why you can even attempt to quote them as evidence that Kaede and Rin wouldn't work out is beause the writers had chosen the Asa arch in the end. Had the writers choosen anyone else people could point out the various times Rin had complained that Asa was too 'manly' and 'rough' as reasons why he would never go out with her.

The writers left it pretty much even throughout the storyline up until the end nearing eispodes 19 on so that people would keep on guessing as to who Rin would end up with. There are various reasons for each girl as to why he would or would not choose them scattered throught the series
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote