AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 19:53   Link #1201
tetsuo69

all i want is a new Seed series XD dont really care dor the director XD
Old 2008-03-15, 20:01   Link #1202
tarachi
Observer

I find it interesting that with Kira in PLANTS it could spark the "he is the ultimate coordinator a much better that your local coordinator" within the PLANTS community.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 23:05   Link #1203
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
The SEED characters had their character development tapped out by the end of SEED. I mean really, where else do you go with Kira after all that? So they basically ignore any sort of development for Kira/Lacus the entirety of Destiny. Athrun and Cagalli regress into some kind of pathetic catharsis for most of the show, and Shinn the new lead character doesn't even develop as a character at all -- he's the same retard in Ep50 he was in Ep1. At least Kamille from Zeta (whom Shinn is based on) grew out of that phase by the middle of the show.
While Kira's character stayed relatively static in Destiny, the same can't be said of either Athrun or Cagalli. In particular, Cagalli grew by leaps and bounds by the end of the show. Lacus didn't really change, but her characterization in Seed was very incomplete, and Destiny went a very long way towards fleshing her out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
As for a 3rd season: The possibility is obviously there. Stargazer was extremely good for such a short little OVA. I'd be for it as long as Fukuda wasn't director. Either get the Stargazer director or someone else.
I don't really think that Fukuda is all that good at directing, but I'm not sure if Nishizawa Susumu would necessarily be that much better. His work on Hikaru no Go was very good, but I felt that Stargazer itself was lacking in many respects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
I find it interesting that with Kira in PLANTS it could spark the "he is the ultimate coordinator a much better that your local coordinator" within the PLANTS community.
I don't really think that it'll make all that much difference. There should be a varying degree of genetic manipulation involved in creating the Coordinator population to begin with. All Kira being the "Ultimate Coordinator" would do is to demonstrate that a new technique using artificial wombs will work in addition to the traditional techniques.

The only characters who even cared about Kira's status were those already obsessed with the idea of genetic determinism: Rau, Durandal and Rey. PLANT's people don't really seem to care that much, so they probably wouldn't accord him a different status. I think that the bigger question is how Lacus would account for his presence beside her.
Old 2008-03-16, 06:28   Link #1204
carmolita

I think it would be a cool plot if it revolved around kira and cagalli parents.... Like they're suppose to be dead but aren't and are being held by some extrem faction of blue cosmos it would make for tons of drama ..... And I wonder if the reason they didn't do a season 3 and went with gundam 00 was because of morasowas illness?? according to gunota she has been in and out of the hospital since the end of destiny she says that she doesn't lack energy but that there is no time plan for the movie and to please be patient
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 08:10   Link #1205
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
While Kira's character stayed relatively static in Destiny, the same can't be said of either Athrun or Cagalli. In particular, Cagalli grew by leaps and bounds by the end of the show. Lacus didn't really change, but her characterization in Seed was very incomplete, and Destiny went a very long way towards fleshing her out.
Kira wasn't exactly static during the course of Destiny either... One of the key themes from the "Between the Stars" OVA at the end of Seed was that he, along with the rest of the Big Four, were lost as to what their purpose to the world was. This was especially true for Kira, who was still deep in self pity and despair after the revelations and events during the last quarter of Seed, and had to live like a hermit for two years. Throughout Destiny he was still doing random things that he himself couldn't explain. By the end of Destiny however, he (along with Lacus) seemed to have found his true calling.

Quote:
I don't really think that Fukuda is all that good at directing, but I'm not sure if Nishizawa Susumu would necessarily be that much better. His work on Hikaru no Go was very good, but I felt that Stargazer itself was lacking in many respects.
Its not exactly easy to tell a story in 10 minutes episodes though. Especially a Gundam show where you need to incorporate all the elements you typically expect.
Old 2008-03-16, 15:04   Link #1206
hero147

The third season would be interesting if they go deeper into this "ultimate coordinator" business. Plus being in Zaft, since the ultimate coordinator project originated in L4 mendal colony which is Zaft abandoned territory doesn't being in Zaft give him a better chance to understand his past? As far as we know the "ultimate coordinator" has only to do with Kira being skillful inside a Mobile Suit.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 20:32   Link #1207
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

look i know GS has been on top secret but now we must wait till Morosawa is no longer ill besides that is how GSM is still to wait & besides patient is a virtue.

as for GS 3 look whoever going to direct make sure it got the GS's K.L.A.C. for it even if they plan another spinoff, ova, more MINI GS shows (yeah give mini GS there own series), prequal, etc for another chapter in GS world.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 23:20   Link #1208
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Even if it's no longer Athrun/Cagelli, and they make that totally, completely final?

(Sorry people, couldn't resist.)
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 23:22   Link #1209
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Kira wasn't exactly static during the course of Destiny either... One of the key themes from the "Between the Stars" OVA at the end of Seed was that he, along with the rest of the Big Four, were lost as to what their purpose to the world was. This was especially true for Kira, who was still deep in self pity and despair after the revelations and events during the last quarter of Seed, and had to live like a hermit for two years. Throughout Destiny he was still doing random things that he himself couldn't explain. By the end of Destiny however, he (along with Lacus) seemed to have found his true calling.
I agree. I meant that Kira was static relative to the wild roller-coaster rides of Athrun and Cagalli. He still saw a huge change in both perspective and purpose as the show progressed. However, I'd separate Lacus from him as her development was largely independent of his. Moreover, they weren't even concerned with the same subjects until the end of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Its not exactly easy to tell a story in 10 minutes episodes though. Especially a Gundam show where you need to incorporate all the elements you typically expect.
The series length is certainly a mitigating factor, but I just don't feel that Stargazer was anywhere as good as it could have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
The third season would be interesting if they go deeper into this "ultimate coordinator" business. Plus being in Zaft, since the ultimate coordinator project originated in L4 mendal colony which is Zaft abandoned territory doesn't being in Zaft give him a better chance to understand his past? As far as we know the "ultimate coordinator" has only to do with Kira being skillful inside a Mobile Suit.
While the concept of the ultimate coordinator can be explored in a sequel, I'm not sure that it offers all that much significance. There's not all that much special about it other than the fact that it represents a new technique for creating coordinators.

Furthermore, Kira knows as much about his past as he really needs to. If I recall correctly, his "mother" was his birth-mother's sister, so he already had access to most of that information. The only thing that he'd lack would be details about the technologies involved and I doubt that he'd be interested in that. Kira's skill in combat is mostly explained by a combination of innate talent, good combat instincts, and plenty of practical experience. While being an ultimate coordinator may play a factor, it's probably not an overwhelming one.
Old 2008-03-18, 00:00   Link #1210
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Furthermore, Kira knows as much about his past as he really needs to. If I recall correctly, his "mother" was his birth-mother's sister, so he already had access to most of that information. The only thing that he'd lack would be details about the technologies involved and I doubt that he'd be interested in that. Kira's skill in combat is mostly explained by a combination of innate talent, good combat instincts, and plenty of practical experience. While being an ultimate coordinator may play a factor, it's probably not an overwhelming one.
If there's one thing about coordinators is that they pick up on things quite easily and fast.

Kira was taken in by the best soldiers of the Alliance, it shouldn't have come to a suprise that he would learn a lot from them.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 00:22   Link #1211
nines
I much prefer the 2d

not really much to say about this but i hope that lunamaria and shin aska work out lol i know completly off topic

and omg so happy if their will be a 3rd season lol
Old 2008-03-18, 06:05   Link #1212
monster

The ultimate coordinator project might provide another chapter in the coordinator-natural conflict (if it can be learned somehow and made public).

But as far as Kira (my favorite current CE character) is concerned, I'd rather they delve further into the SEED/clone issue in any future CE production(s) that involves him as one of the main characters. I wouldn't mind SEED being looked into, especially if they can further drive the idea that it's not a coordinator-only factor. And for being the titular word, it would be a shame to have it be nothing more than just a convenient power up that is only spoken of in private conversations and/or self discussions (I don't even know if the power up comes from having the factor). And the clones have certainly been important to Kira's story. It wouldn't be bad to see where Kira's growing use of newtype-flash would lead to. As well as gives further use for Mwu's (in my opinion) unnecessary resurrection.

Then again, those might be too much to ask for, especially for a movie (but maybe not for a series or at least a series of OVAs).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 08:22   Link #1213
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
The ultimate coordinator project might provide another chapter in the coordinator-natural conflict (if it can be learned somehow and made public).
More like a coordinator civil war, with their birth rates dropping due to their unstable genes (as mentioned by Zala and Clyne in GS) could you just think how angry the plants will be when they find out that the clyne faction knew about the ultimate coordinator project (and had a living sample) all these years and said nothing!
Old 2008-03-18, 08:34   Link #1214
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
More like a coordinator civil war, with their birth rates dropping due to their unstable genes (as mentioned by Zala and Clyne in GS) could you just think how angry the plants will be when they find out that the clyne faction knew about the ultimate coordinator project (and had a living sample) all these years and said nothing!
It's not really clear that others beside Kira and Mwu know about Kira being an ultimate coordinator. And those who would know (those scientists who worked with Kira's father) probably think he's dead like Rau did, if they're not dead themselves, which is a high probability.
Old 2008-03-18, 08:48   Link #1215
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
It's not really clear that others beside Kira and Mwu know about Kira being an ultimate coordinator. And those who would know (those scientists who worked with Kira's father) probably think he's dead like Rau did, if they're not dead themselves, which is a high probability.
Lacus would and IIRC didn't Durandal mention it when he gave Destiny and Legend to Shin and Athrun?
________
Fuck Tubecom

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:42.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 09:13   Link #1216
ThoHell

Well Lacus knows because Kira told her after he found out from Rau, actually I'm sure all his close friends know.

And yes Durandal knew....seems like all the leading nut cases know. Guess they figured it out through his name, the same name as in the project......

I wouldn't really care to big anymore into the whole ultimate coordinator thing, it got old and it has long passed. Gotta bring in something knew that pushes his skills way beyond his current limit.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 09:21   Link #1217
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Lacus would and IIRC didn't Durandal mention it when he gave Destiny and Legend to Shin and Athrun?
She probably does, I can't remember, but they're not the type to just blurt things out to anybody. And as for Shinn and Athrun, if they do know about it, they'd probably think twice before blaming Kira for it if they know his circumstances. Especially not if they knew what the UC project were supposed to do.

And I just thought about it, but it might not be that useful to have a living sample since Kira's DNA probably won't tell them anything about how the UC process works, just that he's a coordinator.

At any case, a coordinator civil war isn't as likely to arise from news of the UC project (especially if it would benefit all future coordinators) as another rise in tension between natural and coordinator. And if they also deal with the population issue that coordinators have at the same time, that could be interesting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I wouldn't really care to big anymore into the whole ultimate coordinator thing, it got old and it has long passed. Gotta bring in something knew that pushes his skills way beyond his current limit.
Well, we also have the SEED and the sensing other people-flash thing going on.
Old 2008-03-19, 13:33   Link #1218
ThoHell

It would be pretty painful to watch, but it would be kind of interesting, if Kira were to choose a side and fight against all those he loved: Cagalli, Lacus, etc. Like if some new nut case leader were to appear and was even able to deceive Lacus into his cause but not Kira and Kira had to end up fighting on the other side. OH...that was be painful, but it would be interesting!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 22:21   Link #1219
SwordBabe_X1022

(First Post!)

Found this on the Net - looks like some sort of new Astray MS, and it's diff. from the manga ones
Maybe the "M2 Astray" that was supposed to come out but never did?

N-E-Hoo, I LOVED Seed and I liked Destiny at first, but frankly I thought the ending could've been much, MUCH better.
And I hated the whole "Neo Roanoke is really an amnesiac Mwu LaFlaga" thing, that was stupid.
SG was great at first, but the 3rd stage sucked imo.

I hope that if it happens, the GS movie actually does something DIFFERENT, instead of glorifying the usual kira-lacus-athrun posse. GSD started off doing that, and then after around ep34 or so it started sucking.

I hated what GSD did to Cagalli & Athrun. They were so awesome in SEED, and in GSD they both got so badly shafted. Hope the movie goes into fixing that.
SwordBabe_X1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 09:41   Link #1220
carmolita

I would like to see a plot revolve around kira and cagalli's biological parents as if their not really dead and somehow found a way to escape the fire..and maybe muw dad not being dead since he was so insane and being the one behind the survival of the clones coming back and reaking havoc.. that would tie everyone together again..cagalli and kira discovering their parents are really alive and getting their questions awnserd as to why they were seperated and what happend ...after all for the most part it was those clones that started/manipulated those wars and if they can get rid of the source of the problem ..hello to ultimate peace.. i think it would bring it to a dramatic and emotional level and perhaps give the story meaning. just imagine if people thought that dr hibeki was alive one of the creators of this mess hello to assasins from both sides .. and then people finding about cagalli and kira true orgins from a man they(the people) detest not to mention that for once athrun would have to step up to the plate because it wouldn't be about him or his feelings but someone elses i would love to see the strength in his character, taking the lead instead of being told what to do or making predictably wrong choices from the beginning ...same for lacus she should run her country and not be stuck to kira like glue that way when they are together it would give their meeting more meaning ...i always felt that they got away from the close, strong sibiling relationship that cagalli and kira had in season 1 the part where they were in desert warfare was always my favorite after that kiras protecting cagalli had so much more meaning ..afterall their personal relationships should be secondary to each other..and the incident to get all of this started would be kiras mothers death and a confession on her death bead.....beginning w/your fathers not dead ...
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep