Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-07-09, 19:39   Link #201
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
OH.

I got confused so I looked it up myself. The Panther 6x6 was indeed the automobile form of it, but for some reason I mistook the folded mode for that red sports car.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 21:32   Link #202
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

You know one thing I didn't like about this take on the transformers was the how they went about making certain transformers look older.
I mean do they really grow beards and the sort?
Instance Kup you knew was a old timer cause of the way he spoke and the general feeling you got from him and they didn't need anything like beards or facial hair to get that across.

That was something that irked me about this series.
While I know some transformers did have beard or other facial like features, it never sat well with how it was handled here.

Oh forgot to mention before but I am pleased they finally put Opitmus's trailer in this film, felt it should have been there in the 2nd movie but well we got there in the end.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:39   Link #203
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
since the setting is in chicago, i think they should've had included this guy in the movie
http://youtu.be/
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 08:19   Link #204
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
You know one thing I didn't like about this take on the transformers was the how they went about making certain transformers look older.
I mean do they really grow beards and the sort?
That's canon from the original G1 series. For one reason or another, some Transformers have beards. It's just something we are suppose to accept.
Old 2011-07-10, 10:02   Link #205
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Just like there are female Transformers - which explains why Orci, Bay & co. didn't want to introduce Arcee in the first movie: it'd have been a hassle to explain their existence and the technological differences.

As VCV said, you just have to accept it.
Old 2011-07-11, 11:09   Link #206
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Thought this one was way better than the second one, honestly. Though it felt a bit long, but this is the only Transformers I saw in theaters so that's probably why.

Most of the characters were fun. The Little Bots were hilarious and I really got a kick out of Sam's boss whose speaking manner reminded me of the great Christopher Walken. Sam's mom wasn't quite as obnoxious as before and Carly was a lot cooler than Megan Fox's character, imho. The military guys were especially admirable and likable.

The CGI never fails to impress me. You can't deny, no matter how much you might hate Michael Bay's trilogy-it's serious eyecandy.

The gliding scene amused me: I whispered to my friend, "They look like starfish!!" XD

The battles were pretty badass. Another thing I really like is how the camera moves so you can follow all the movements-come on, that's cool!

Also found the Bumblebee-high-way-transform-scene epicly funny, what with Sam screaming for 30 more seconds in the car!

Some of the dialogue was a little offensive (not as bad as II) but the script has its witty moments too. Like:
Sam: Bumblebee, you can fly this thing, right?
BB: *makes the "ehhh sorta-kinda" hand gesture*
Sam: What!? What's that!? *imitates him* What the hell is this!?

Haw haw See, Bay, you don't have to be vulgar to be funny! You can come through with a tasteful joke when you try.

Also I want to know if I'm alone in this.....

Spoiler for Ending:

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-07-11 at 12:13.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 23:37   Link #207
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I have to admit it was a lot better than the second one.

Only grip though was I think Bay still puts too much emphasis on the humans.

Even though the autobots vs. Decepticons had the better fight scenes the Humans had longer ones. Hell throughout the fighting scenes I was wondering where the autobots were most of the time.

Spoiler:
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 17:46   Link #208
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The novel makes so much more sense than the movie.

For one, the annoying Twins from RoTF made an apperance and redeemed themselves throught a heroic sacrifiece shortly after. We did, however, get a glimsp of them in one scene in the movie, so it remained to be seen if the omitted part from the novel will get shown as an extended part for the disc release.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 08:53   Link #209
JC...
I am a Pie

I didn't like the pacing too much.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 09:12   Link #210
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

it felt 1 hour too long. and so much stupid shit in it. wtf was optimus doing in the wires for half the movie
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 10:01   Link #211
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so the whole teleporting planet Cybertron via Space Bridge is a homage to the G1 series where Cybertron is moved to the Earth's orbit & aswell with the TFA's dream scene involving Soundwave
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 10:56   Link #212
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
it felt 1 hour too long. and so much stupid shit in it. wtf was optimus doing in the wires for half the movie
Agreed, if it was an hour shorter, I think it'd have been so much better.

AND YEAH, THAT WIRE THING. REALLY, BAY? He's OPTIMUS F**KING PRIME.

lol

I think the movies would work better if he'd just made a TV mini-series....in fact, why doesn't he just do that if he wants to cram so much in?

So you'd lose the 3D thing.....big deal.
Old 2011-07-14, 11:37   Link #213
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
So you'd lose the 3D thing.....big deal.
Really.

BIG deal here. Very big one.

Paramount and co. have been trying to save the 3d theaters that have been left to starve since Avatar, as the entirety of Hollywood has yet to make the jump and those places are a money drain when not flooded with audiences. Making the movie 3D was one of the conditions set for greenlighting the movie itself. Bay himself didn't like 3D shooting because it clashed with his own habits/style, but the studio was adamant on making DoTM this year's 3D figurehead - in order to save the slumping (and thus costly) 3D business.
Old 2011-07-14, 12:09   Link #214
lightsenshi
Author

I'll pass on 3D, thank you. It's not worth the 3 or 4 USD extra for an experience that I'm really not interested in seeing. 2D is just fine for me, thank you.

Personally, I found the movie to be approximately what I expected. A shoot 'em up combined with robots.
Old 2011-07-14, 12:10   Link #215
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

it was like a monkey wrote it, although by the looks of rise of planet of the apes, that may be a compliment. I lol'd at megatron, am advanced alien robot, getting trolled by a victoria's secret model with full lips
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 16:37   Link #216
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I think the movies would work better if he'd just made a TV mini-series....in fact, why doesn't he just do that if he wants to cram so much in?
As it happens, two of the writers who worked on the first and second Bay movies have done just that; they are heavily involved with the current TV series, Transformers: Prime.

It's quite good.
Old 2011-07-14, 23:59   Link #217
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Really.

BIG deal here. Very big one.

Paramount and co. have been trying to save the 3d theaters that have been left to starve since Avatar, as the entirety of Hollywood has yet to make the jump and those places are a money drain when not flooded with audiences. Making the movie 3D was one of the conditions set for greenlighting the movie itself. Bay himself didn't like 3D shooting because it clashed with his own habits/style, but the studio was adamant on making DoTM this year's 3D figurehead - in order to save the slumping (and thus costly) 3D business.
Well, if Hollywood want to save 3D they should just damn well shoot in 3D more often than half the time. (I am actually annoyed now to find out that the TF3 Robots are not genuine 3D even though the actors were. It's probably to save rendering time/money)
I mean, why aren't Harry Potter in genuine 3D, if they are serious about "saving" the format?

I expect teething problems, but most of the time Hollywood isn't even trying.
Old 2011-07-15, 14:16   Link #218
Dekuina

Finally watched it last night. It was okay to me.

Got nothing to say about it other than i wished the Space Shuttle/Rocket was actually Omega Supreme
Dekuina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 11:20   Link #219
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
As it happens, two of the writers who worked on the first and second Bay movies have done just that; they are heavily involved with the current TV series, Transformers: Prime.

It's quite good.
Oh, well, THERE you go, then.

On the 3D thing, personally I find it a little distracting and think it should be saved for animated films (or movies with vibrant colors only). But if that's one of the only reasons these TF movies are greenlit, it can't be helped. So I stand corrected.^^;
Old 2012-01-16, 04:48   Link #220
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Well, FINALLY got to see this film, and...

Who else found the Jerry Wang Character to be a completely unecessary addition to the film who was only there for Michael Bay to continue to being mean to Asians?