AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 18.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 25.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 21.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-12, 08:21   Link #81
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I wonder if it was Tabane who hacked the nukes, disarms the world and proves how powerful IS are....
Old 2011-03-12, 08:45   Link #82
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
It's likely to be more lasting than Ichika's current IS, since it didn't go low after the testing.
Houki's skills with IS will mainly be the issue.

Speculations:
The perfected form might end up being an "Energizer" Yukihira - "It just keeps going".
well the new IS is driveing Houki and not the other way... becouse Houki does not have skill with IS and the machine is doing the job (calculation and other stuff that helps to move or avoid attacks)... all houki has to do is to sit her ass in the machine... and the machine will do all the work...

the problem with ichika's Is is that he does not have a long range attack.. and his off-hand ability is kinda crap... it eats shield energy on huge level and if you miss the attack its game over....

houki's Is can fight close range and long range... and its kinda sad that its beign wasted on Houki and not some experianced pilot...

well its clear that Tebane had some things on mind while building Houki's IS... the recharge ability.... mostly she had ichika's Is in hands... and made that recharge ability especially for this case.... that her little sister can reunite with ichika and that ability might them get closer....

yet I have hope that Houki wont start to think of herself all mighty becouse she has the best IS so she will get Ichika thx to that....... Char has gen2 but her skill allows her to fight even gen3/4 so yeah I hope that IS gen level wont play a part in the who will get ichika >__<

and dont know why but Houki without IS was all violent and brutal... so cant imagine how she will be now as she has a personal IS too.... so out from jelousy she will start useing IS to punish Ichika....

anyway did anyone saw the ressamblence in White knight and Ichika's IS... for example those shoulderguards of some kind.... they might look smaller but their shape is the same :P (so maybe tabane made that ichika's IS while thinking of Chifuyu as the WK pilot :P like sister-like brother)
Old 2011-03-12, 09:24   Link #83
eiyuu99

Yamada with a 2nd Gen easily defeats 3rd Gen IS, so experience also counts,
especially when you're dealing with Ichika.

Char has a 2nd Gen custom, so she has flexibility to adapt to the situation.
The IS also has Ignition Boost to charge when needed.
She just needs to paint it red.
Old 2011-03-12, 09:50   Link #84
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 10

Liked the episode, I gotta admit Cecilia was rather cute during her moments. She sure knows her stuff, black pantsu = win in my book

Got to get a little shout out to the hermit crab (at the 12:25 mark), having some hermit crabs myself, seeing them in anime always brings a smile to my face

But lol @ Tabane, that girl is so much fun. I don't think I'd mind having a sis like that, considering the helter skelter personality I have myself or maybe I'm biased to that voice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well the new IS is driveing Houki and not the other way... becouse Houki does not have skill with IS and the machine is doing the job (calculation and other stuff that helps to move or avoid attacks)... all houki has to do is to sit her ass in the machine... and the machine will do all the work...

the problem with ichika's Is is that he does not have a long range attack.. and his off-hand ability is kinda crap... it eats shield energy on huge level and if you miss the attack its game over....

houki's Is can fight close range and long range... and its kinda sad that its beign wasted on Houki and not some experianced pilot...
Hmm. I really don't think it's simply a matter of anyone just slamming their butts into a supercar and beating every speed record there is. This IS of hers works in conjunction with ze brain, and if I had to choose a bad example, just remember that Transformer movie (the animated 80's one), and what Springy said to Daniel: "Just think about what you want to do before you do it". That's not easy, considering first of all, Houki's data had to be inputted, and who knows her better than Tabane, which in turn we're going to look at Houki's mental stability: we've seen in the previous eps she's really been pre-occupied of late, and I'm somewhat hoping they touch up on that. Would I say anyone else could have had Akatsu? Maybe generally speaking, I'd bring that data input to play, but I do think Houki has a head start. Why? She does kendo I may have a zany personality, but I do know mental abilities aren't to be taken for granted.

Quote:
yet I have hope that Houki wont start to think of herself all mighty becouse she has the best IS so she will get Ichika thx to that....... Char has gen2 but her skill allows her to fight even gen3/4 so yeah I hope that IS gen level wont play a part in the who will get ichika >__<
I find it hard to believe Shirley would have held her own against Laura 1 on 1, remember that she was only getting the upper hand thanks to the 2 on 1 situation. Not to mention Laura was totally not in tune with Houki, it reminds me of my Company of Heroes skirmishes. Ever went 2 on 2 against the AI, with an AI on your side? You'd always get your butt kicked because Mr AI could care less if your base was being demolished

eiyuu99 brought up an interesting example, but it's hard to say there too, since I seriously believe Ms Green Hair got the upper hand primarily because the 2 grossly underestimated her. That and those 2 working together never seemed to have worked

Quote:
anyway did anyone saw the ressamblence in White knight and Ichika's IS... for example those shoulderguards of some kind.... they might look smaller but their shape is the same :P (so maybe tabane made that ichika's IS while thinking of Chifuyu as the WK pilot :P like sister-like brother)
Sure looking similar. I do wonder, how many white IS's are out there, surely there isn't much white personal machines.
Old 2011-03-12, 09:56   Link #85
larethian

I'm late, but I found Tabane to be absolutely annoying. Which means Tamura Yukari is doing a good job, I suppose?
Old 2011-03-12, 09:57   Link #86
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

America AND Israel. Wow... they aren't trying to pretend anymore.
Old 2011-03-12, 10:57   Link #87
Taufiq91

The only thing i'm gonna say about episode 10 is:

Looks like Ramiel's got a new job.

Old 2011-03-12, 12:12   Link #88
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
The only thing i'm gonna say about episode 10 is:

Looks like Ramiel's got a new job.

The scene where chifuyu drinks that beer and then cries about how good it is is also from Evangelion too.
Old 2011-03-12, 12:25   Link #89
Dahak86
Classics never age

yeah, I thought exactly the same thing about the Evangelion "references"...
couldn't help but laughin' at Chifuyu drinking, so Eva-like.
I wonder what's next...
Old 2011-03-12, 12:51   Link #90
mangatron

Heh, no wonder why that Chifuyu drinking scene felt familiar, the posture and everything

I'm not predicting here, but maybe up next will be a beserk mode... or rather, I'll be laughing if the ep starts with Mr American Drone flying through a thundercloud
Old 2011-03-12, 13:13   Link #91
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well Tabane definitely threw everything into chaos. Guess Houki gets rewarded for enduring such an annoying sister with a personal IS that blows everything else out of the water. Rough day for the rest who are informed about this situation, but aren't actually going to get involved at all. Almost no point now in letting them know. Tough day for Charlotte who is still using a custom 2nd generation and now the fourth is already being thrown in there.

Some laughs with Chifuyu trolling the girls. Though clearly Tabane means instant headache.
Old 2011-03-12, 17:04   Link #92
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Houki IS reminds me of Athrun's gundam in SEED.
Old 2011-03-12, 17:29   Link #93
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

10 episodes in and I still can't stand how every girl there is after Ichika like a dog after a bone.

As for Tabane, she's fine. The caret rocket thing gave me a good laugh. Enjoyed the Eva references too.
Old 2011-03-12, 19:07   Link #94
dark-kyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
10 episodes in and I still can't stand how every girl there is after Ichika like a dog after a bone.
welcome to the world of harem anime giving to the lonelies otakus what they want,to me is a surprise what other peoples can like to much this types of show.
Old 2011-03-12, 19:35   Link #95
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-kyon View Post
welcome to the world of harem anime giving to the lonelies otakus what they want,to me is a surprise what other peoples can like to much this types of show.
well, certainly people don't watch this kind of shows for the male-lead, the girls is where it's at.

Quote:
but that's the point. There isn't any valid reason, and there shouldn't be one...

Last edited by Dahak86; 2011-03-12 at 20:05.
Old 2011-03-12, 21:59   Link #96
Taufiq91

Quote:
It's the smile, dude:

You know that guy at the nightclub who looks like a rejected Mamoru Miyano character? Yup, that's him. The idiot who manages to dance with 10 ladies at the dancefloor, but is too stupid to realize their attraction to him.
Old 2011-03-12, 22:49   Link #97
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
well, certainly people don't watch this kind of shows for the male-lead, the girls is where it's at.
Well, spoken like a true comrade! Now hand over Laura

Quote:
but that's the point. There isn't any valid reason, and there shouldn't be one...
I'm surprised this is even brought into question. While I can simply say "there's a "Harem" tag, that basically does say there isn't a valid reason for all that.

But I thought I'd point out a few things concerning this, which you can read here. On the surface, it may look too simple with no valid reason, but I think I did a somewhat good job explaining it's not so simple and per the physics of life, there's always a reason for everything
Old 2011-03-12, 23:31   Link #98
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Quite enjoyed Tabane especially the cheeky grin when she was about to be introduced. Living with her though I could understand why Houki turned out like she did

Also she pretty much tells us that the White Knight was Chifuyu.
Old 2011-03-13, 00:22   Link #99
JleeLink
....yeah

Decent episode. Laughed at how Chifuyu directly asked the girls why they like Ichika. Though I do wonder why they are sending out students to directly take down this berserk IS. As it was shown that the teachers are more capable pilots and I was thinking why didnt Chifuyu herself go out as she would obviously be the best pilot.

Anyway it looks like the next episode will just be on the battle and seeing Houki and Ichika fail taking down the berserk IS and setting up for the final episode to pick off from the first glimpse of the fight in episode 1 where everyone is working together.
Old 2011-03-13, 01:58   Link #100
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JleeLink View Post
Decent episode. Laughed at how Chifuyu directly asked the girls why they like Ichika. Though I do wonder why they are sending out students to directly take down this berserk IS. As it was shown that the teachers are more capable pilots and I was thinking why didnt Chifuyu herself go out as she would obviously be the best pilot.

Anyway it looks like the next episode will just be on the battle and seeing Houki and Ichika fail taking down the berserk IS and setting up for the final episode to pick off from the first glimpse of the fight in episode 1 where everyone is working together.
Cause it's anime.

Kids are more competent than adults apparently.
Closed Thread