AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-23, 03:28   Link #21
c^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
yeah same the only thing i know of is the anime, did the novel go past the anime?
It has been a long time since I read the novels, and my Japanese isn't great. I can barely remember, much less describe most of the events, but there is material yet to be covered. It is also hard to forget the epic cliffhanger that the fourth novel ended on. It leaves us right on the brink of a major event which was hinted at in the anime.

Not an ideal point for an 8 year intermission, though I could understand if it took the author that long to imagine a suitable continuation. I'm full of anticipation, though also quite anxious about the possibility of an even greater disappointment.

At any rate, thanks for the excellent news konart.
Old 2013-01-23, 03:57   Link #22
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

whats this cliffhanger u guys have been mentioning?
Old 2013-01-23, 11:45   Link #23
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

wasn't it up to 20+ novels? Or did he plan to write 20 novel?
Old 2013-01-23, 12:13   Link #24
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
wasn't it up to 20+ novels? Or did he plan to write 20 novel?
I'm not sure about his plans, but aside from side stories there were only three volumes of Crest and four volumes of Banner of the Stars
Old 2013-01-23, 12:22   Link #25
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Is there still an fanbase? Even Abnation disbanded. I lost the charm and interest in the series a long time ago. It was just too much terminology to make it interesting.
Old 2013-01-23, 12:31   Link #26
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Is there still an fanbase? Even Abnation disbanded. I lost the charm and interest in the series a long time ago. It was just too much terminology to make it interesting.
Well, it's not Toaru no Index Either you love space opera sci-fi or not

As for the fanbase... It's first time a I hear about Abhnation(well, mostly because I'm not native english speaker I guess), but fan translation of the 4th volume is done on baka-tsuki, and I still remember times when I could only hope to see it translated.

I think fanbase will arise after the new release. At least there is a hope, right?
Old 2013-03-31, 10:37   Link #27
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Been reading the new manga version of the series.

Spoiler for Manga ch5:
Old 2013-08-25, 21:46   Link #28
Guidenstern

I discovered the Crest/Banner of the Stars anime a few days ago and it was amazing, it's been a while i've seen an anime this good (especially Crest of the Stars).

I'm currently purchasing the novels translated in english (and omg the shipping is expensive (i'm french), more than 16$ by book), and i can't find the 3rd and 4th novel of Banner of the Stars.
So my question is, when you're talking about the english versions of those two books, you mean only the fantrad right? Well it's still better than in japanese! even if it's difficult for me to read novels on my computer.
Old 2013-08-28, 20:02   Link #29
Guidenstern

Nobody?

I've found the fourth volume of Banner of the Stars on Baka-Tsuki, but I can't find the 3rd anywhere. Not edited by Tokyopop, not fan-translated either: no English version at all? (apart from the Oavs)
Closed Thread

Tags
sci-fi, space opera