AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-25, 22:01   Link #6361
hinakatbklyn

An ending like Athena's would usually be the end to a normal manga, but it looks like this series is not over yet. I can't see this happening because it would take too long (especially considering how long Athena's arc went) But would Hata actually go out of his way to actually write up a separate major arc for each character who has considered or has already confessed to Hayate? (Hina, Ayumu, Nagi, maybe even Maria). If that was the case, each one would get an ending whether happy or sad, and the heroine in the final arc would win the affections of Hayate.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-03-25 at 22:31.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 23:43   Link #6362
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What? I'd say the fact that girls are leaving the harem is actually proof that it WILL have a conclusive ending. If it were going to remain open, then none of the girls would be removed from the harem and each would be given their chances.

And please, stop acting so dramatic as if the story has been actually hurt. I'm sure you're an Athena fan, since that's really the only way you'd see it that way. Just as those who hated Athena felt that the story was being hurt by her inclusion. Works both ways, so the fact that the story actually progressed shows that he cares more about the story than worrying about whether a segment of his fan base may or may not be upset.
Leaving the harem? it just started once again! this was just a simple arc it seems, im not athena fan, even more, i want hinagiku more, BUT iim a fan of mangas with conclusive stuff, i hate when they just leave stuff floating like that, seems pointless, unless is a mystery novel.
They said they loved each other,... now they dont? =since they were taking in past tense= and Hayate just let her go (even if he was so determined to get her). Seriously, all he did (hata or shonen) was giving food to the fanbase, when the dessert comes, he makes it dissappear.

Yes he cares more about the story, he cares so much that he just made it stupidly longer and open.
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 00:06   Link #6363
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
I'm not to clear on where this would fall with the rules of this forum, so I'm not going to go to the trouble of linking an AMV, but I've found what seems to be a perfect song to make this a happy ending for Athena as it's written, possibily even a song you could listen to while you read the chapters.
Big Girls Don't Cry
Since the lyrics seem to be about her saying goodbye to the one she loves because there's some things she needs to work out herself. Even though she doesn't want to leave them, but will miss them, and how it's because of those and not that she's rejecting him.

Poignant lines 'Fairy tales don't always have a happy ending.'
'It's time to be a big girl now, and big girls don't cry.'

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 00:18   Link #6364
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And please, stop acting so dramatic as if the story has been actually hurt.
I'm not really upset that Athena is gone, even though she was my favorite character. I'm sure that she'll pop her head in every once in a while to spice things up, so that's not really an issue. I'm not at all surprised that she's been taken out of the harem, since she was just too powerful against the competition too.

Having said that, I do think the story has been "hurt", unless Hata completely shifts focus.

Hayate no Gotoku started out a quirky gag series that was slowly eaten by a mediocre romcom. At this point in time, no one really cares about the "plot" of HnG, it's "who will he end up with." This arc made it clear: Nagi or no one. (With Maria as the super dark horse if Hata still wants to do "family end")

So, in that respect, it's no longer a quirky gag series--it hasn't been in ages. The romance is played out and the conclusion is smacking everyone in the face. The plot is the thing of a thousand other shounen series.

What is there to be interested in now, really? Regardless of whether you loved or hated Athena, she upped the ante. She gave the series the appearance of being willing to take risks, so finding out that it was all a smokescreen after all is sort of disheartening to many people--moreso than how Athena herself ended up, I reckon.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 01:35   Link #6365
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
The probability of Athena/Hayate in the _main arc_ is essentially nil by now. There is nothing left to be gained and no story to be told here. The reason why Hata could go so all-out with the Athena/Hayate showdown is exactly because she will NOT be part of the main arc anymore.
What I get from that chapter was that Athena will not be part of the main arc FOR NOW, hence the 'someday we will meet again' part.

So yes, we will go back to HnG being the quirky gag manga we have known it to be before this arc, for now anyways. Heck, that's what I'm expecting it to, after the heavy drama this current arc has been. Has to go back to its original state someday after all, and what better time than now, when the cause for this drama is out of the picture for now? But when we're going back to romcom style, you can bet dollars to donuts that Athena will be back.

After all, there's a reason why Nagi said that to forgive and to be forgiven is what binds people together. And that's what just has transpired between Athena and Hayate. So no, I wouldn't count out Athena yet, not by a long shot.

Quote:
The "Royal Garden" story is told.
And that it did. Nothing stopping the author to make a new one if he so chooses, even if its Athena/Hayate.

Quote:
How do we know? The past tense.
The only past tense is the 'loved' part. And as I said before, their actions after they said the past tense tells us that they still do even now.

Quote:
Otherwise we could have had the "one day we'll meet again (and love each other)".
Uhh... didn't we just have that?

"We may not have many chances to meet... but don't worry. One day we'll meet again."

As for the 'love each other' part, its pretty obvious both parties cannot say that, as Athena doesn't want to cause more misery to Hayate.

Quote:
nstead he's letting Hayate ask himself when (not if) he'll be able to tell someone ELSE genuinely that he loves them.
Uhh... translation does NOT tell us its suppose to be 'someone ELSE'. It just said 'someone'.

Unless someone who's fluent in moonspeak can vouch that it really was meant to be 'someone else'? I'm under the impression that the translation 'someone' was used because the subject was omitted like the Japanese are prone to, or some other reason, but certainly not because 'else' was intended in some way shape or form.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 01:56   Link #6366
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Uhh... translation does NOT tell us its suppose to be 'someone ELSE'. It just said 'someone'.
The implication is "someone else."
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-03-26, 03:55   Link #6367
Used Can

Spoilers for 266

I love you Athena.

Last edited by Used Can; 2010-03-26 at 06:20.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 04:38   Link #6368
thenightsshadow

Spoiler for 265:
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 04:42   Link #6369
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I love you Athena.
Ahahahahaha! Well played, A-tan, well played.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-03-26, 04:48   Link #6370
Used Can

Can anyone post those pics in MangaFox or some other forum that people here many know of?
I don't want to keep a full set of spoilers posted here, since that's troublesome.

Anyway, yes, that last page was golden.
All the same, I still believe a Nagi end is 90% ensured, as of now.
Old 2010-03-26, 04:54   Link #6371
musouka

Quote:
Can anyone post those pics in MangaFox or some other forum that people here many know of?
I don't want to keep a full set of spoilers posted here, since that's troublesome.

Anyway, yes, that last page was golden.
All the same, I still believe a Nagi end is 90% ensured, as of now.
Personally, what I really loved...

Spoiler for 266:
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-03-26, 05:08   Link #6372
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Kay, I'll do that, Can onii-chan.

Spam thread.. you know where it is...

Anyway, what happens in this chap?

Edity~

Umm...

This linky seems to be DEAD.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/289/640840.jpg

x2

I'll just add....

1. Weren't they supposed to be leaving? Damn prolonged vacation...
2. Aika.. hahaha.. I TOLD YOU!

Ah, I can't wait for her to go psycho, or for Midas to possess her, or whatever... ^___^
Old 2010-03-26, 05:35   Link #6373
LLHayate-Kun
Butler In Debt

Send a message via MSN to LLHayate-Kun
lol epilogue rah kun epilogue more on the lines we want to see happy times of the crew on this trip b4 they go back to japan XD
LLHayate-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 05:58   Link #6374
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Anyway, I've fixed up the pics a little (sepia gone, cropped, resized..), and added the missing ones as well. You can view them all directly from the MangaFox HnG Spam Area.

Kthx~
Old 2010-03-26, 06:13   Link #6375
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Personally, what I really loved...

Spoiler for 266:
Spoiler for 266:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Kay, I'll do that, Can onii-chan.

Spam thread.. you know where it is...
♥♥♥
Old 2010-03-26, 07:02   Link #6376
LLHayate-Kun
Butler In Debt

Send a message via MSN to LLHayate-Kun
cheers much rah many gracious thanx lol the wikia is now updated with 266 check it out and yeah any1 notice the character with chiharu its either fumi but i hear shes in india or a brand new character o.o
LLHayate-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 07:10   Link #6377
zibi88

hmmm...... what if Athena wanted to put Hayates heart as "neutral" zone

like hayate thinks athena gave up on him so his past feelings for the little athena will ease a bit..... he will spend with nagi some time an others develop some happy moments and feleings.... than athena will reappear and make hayate develop feelings for her "current self and not her past self"

so from now on the fight for hayates heart will start...... hina learned that something went wrong with the relationship with athena... and kinda knows that she still has chance ^^....... nagi learns that athena gave hayate back but its not like she will abondon her feelings and that she might come back again so nagi must work hard....... the same we learn that athena put the ring on her right hand which means "married" or rather "engaged" ^^..... so athena accepted hayates feelings (learned that he loved her for all this time)

hope she will appear again and fight with other girls for his heart ^^ (anyway its kidna a refreshment that Athena is in t-shirt !! and not in gothic-dress)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 07:14   Link #6378
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Call.

*prepares to fetch your chips*
call as well, for athenaxhayate ending ... lol, not because i know what's gonna happen, simply coz i like athena.. that's all

even if it's not gonna happen, there are doujinshi, fanart, and fanfics around anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildArms View Post
Yes he cares more about the story, he cares so much that he just made it stupidly longer and open.
business is business after all...

Quote:
Spoiler:
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 07:16   Link #6379
blade82

i wish to see a A-tan comeback she 's the best girl see :
-she's stronger than Hina
-she's more inteligent than Maria
-she's more powerfull than Izumi
-she's richest than Nagi
and of course more beautiful than all girls
so why did he left her i can't understand Hayate who did say to Hina that she's the only one that he love?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 07:30   Link #6380
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Its like everyone is against ojou now.........
Why??????????

Tags
comedy, shounen