AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-09-09, 06:19   Link #161
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Can I ask something..? I noticed that there are several PSP games out there that had been translated partly (KH BBS and God Eater), do you guys will use the same system as them ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 15:05   Link #162
The Cat

Hmm, choices for the recently added scene in the shopping mall, the one that ends up going to the ghetto, seem missing too.
The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 17:11   Link #163
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Hmm, choices for the recently added scene in the shopping mall, the one that ends up going to the ghetto, seem missing too.
Thanks for the heads up on that, I just fixed it on the site.

Also, to FLyvedelta, no, we use an entirely different system to translate, a patched together method I came up with on my own.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 17:43   Link #164
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiritsugane View Post
He's asking how you all are going to get the translation to the handheld. Having it separate and a lookup sort of method seems...... impractical to say the least.
...Let's just say that that won't happen for a long while. I don't have the skills to do that, at all, and currently know no one who could. Besides, I'd like to wait for the actual translation to be done before going to that step.
Old 2010-09-19, 16:40   Link #165
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Yes, I'm alive.

Sorry for taking so long to update, I've had quite a few things on my plate the last week. (Not to mention an extra-long scene to translate.) But anyway, I've finally managed to finished Day 5, of which there is now a new automatic scene (a very long one, with Kallen at the ghettos fighting off some Britannian Knightmares), and a new scene with C.C. in the garden (it's the alternate way to meet her outside of the Geass Route, so I recommend paying attention to this one).

That's all for the time being. I don't know when I'll next be able to update, unfortunately, but I'll try to finish Day 6 by next Sunday.
Old 2010-09-26, 16:57   Link #166
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, it seems like I managed to get it all on time! As promised, I've added all the new scenes for Day 6, which includes THREE automatic scenes (new record there outside of the endings), and a scene with Rivalz on the rooftop. The next update should once again be next week, though I can't guarantee, as there are a lot of new scenes to translate for Day 7.
Old 2010-09-28, 00:59   Link #167
GundamFan0083

To Eternal Dreamer and all of you that have worked on this game.

A BIG THANK YOU!!!

I hate translating.
I do it when I feel the need, but japanese gives me a raging headache (I'm farsighted).
So you guys have my appreciation, because anybody who wants to do the work you ladies and gents have to put into translating moonspeak deserve some respect.
Old 2010-10-04, 07:30   Link #168
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Sorry it's a day late! I had a bit of a "problem" this weekend, and I wasn't able to translate all the scenes in time. But anyway, all of the new Day 7 has been uploaded, which includes a lot this time: first, in the morning, new scenes with Lelouch on the rooftop and with Suzaku in the student council room; for the middays, there's Kallen in the cafeteria (prelude to the lunchbox scene, which I think you particularly will enjoy, Arbitres), Kallen and Milly in the classroom, Lelouch and Suzaku in the student council room, and Lelouch in the garden (had some trouble with that scene, particularly the choice there); and for the evening, we end with Kallen in the hallway. The next update will be next week, as is becoming the usual routine, and it should be on time, since there are less scenes to translate for Day 8. Until then, enjoy the new scenes!

And to GundamFan, thank you for your words of appreciation. I'm always glad to hear that people are enjoying the results on this project I started.
Old 2010-10-09, 18:24   Link #169
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Only five days this time! Well, that's because there were only two scenes to translate, but still.

Anyway, Day 18 itself had no new scenes (mostly ones I'd already translated, especially from the Geass route), but Day 19 did have some new ones; a scene with Lelouch in the courtyard (more of his "probing" of Rai's opinion on Area 11 and the like), and an automatic scene where we focus on Lelouch's thoughts on Rai (and his desire to have him as a subordinate, as well). I also edited a few of the other previous scenes with Lelouch, since I had the time, so check those out if you're interested. The next update for Day 10 will only have one scene, but it's a LONG one (and very important to the plot too), so it will take me a little while to get it done. Hopefully I'll be able to get it out before next weekend.
Old 2010-10-15, 13:42   Link #170
Revan sama

Uhm...Hi (it's been a while since I came here last time)

Thank you for the hard work on the translation of lost colors.
I was wondering something. Are you going to translate the Blue Moon route too?
That would help me for a new fanfiction on the game (with the pairing Rai x nunnally.)

Thank you for answering to a simple and not so talented author.
Revan sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 14:10   Link #171
ForbiddenOne

^

Mmm, peer pressure.

Yeah Eternal, will you? All the cool kids are doing it! Really!

---

BTW, just out of curiosity, are you using the guide (the printed one)?

Because I think there are some events that you can only get after having gotten a certain previous event- like one where you meet Nunnally and Lelouch in the garden and Nunnally says you and Lelouch have a similar atmosphere. That one requires that you first talk to Milly and Lelouch in the student council room (about terrorism).

And I know you're using the PSP version, but at least in the Blue Moon version there are times when you will continually get the same event if you choose a given character- and then suddenly you'll get a new one, with no advance indication that anything has changed.
ForbiddenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 14:36   Link #172
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Looks like I made my deadline, though I wish I could have finished Day 10 sooner. Anyway, there's only one new scene, but it's a very important one, as it's here that you get Kallen's invitation to go to Shinjuku again, for "unexplained reasons". (Though I think we pretty much understand it ourselves.) The next update will (hopefully) be ready for next Saturday, where we will finally be at Rai's recruitment to the Black Knights (BnK route style), which I know some people have been waiting for. It's long, though, the longest I've had in a while, so it's gonna take me some time. (As I said, hopefully by Saturday.)

For Revan-sama, I've sorry to say that the Blue Moon route will probably be the last route translated in this project. Although I intend to get ahold of the PS2 version at some point, it will be a bit more difficult to translate (simply because a PS2 is a lot less portable than a PSP) and I already have the PSP version at my disposal anyway to take care of first. Sorry I can't be of more help at this time. (And don't call yourself simple and not so talented; I can barely even get myself to write, as I seem to have a constant writer's block, so you're much better off than me. )

...No comment on the peer pressure, ForbiddenOne. (Either things will get violent if I do, or I'll make an even lamer joke myself...A lose-lose situation. )

And no, I am not using the guide. (Love to get my hands on it, but then I would have to go to the trouble of translating the blasted thing, which is very tiresome with my translation methods, especially when it's so long.) As for the scenes you mentioned, I wouldn't know myself, though in all likelihood you're right, from what I've seen of the game so far. And that odd feature about the Blue Moon route is strange, but that's probably just how the programmers made it, without thinking of how it seemed to the player.
Old 2010-10-15, 14:48   Link #173
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Naw, Eternal Dreamer works fine under pressure, he wouldn't be this far if he didn't know an ENTIRE fanbase counted on him with hopes of accurate translation and time quotas for scenes to be translated. There is also his offline life and personal life, with that added Lost Colors will be difficult to do when he gets the really long scenes.

Hey, no preessure for Eternal Dreamer! i'm counting on you! No pressure, right?

@Forbidden: I heard Blue Moon was like that, atleast Ashford route is coherent with relationships.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 14:55   Link #174
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Naw, Eternal Dreamer works fine under pressure, he wouldn't be this far if he didn't know an ENTIRE fanbase counted on him with hopes of accurate translation and time quotas for scenes to be translated. There is also his offline life and personal life, with that added Lost Colors will be difficult to do when he gets the really long scenes.

Hey, no preessure for Eternal Dreamer! i'm counting on you! No pressure, right?
...Subtle, Arbitres, REAL subtle. (If I were an anime/manga character, several veins would be popping on my forehead right about now...)
Old 2010-10-15, 18:49   Link #175
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
...Subtle, Arbitres, REAL subtle. (If I were an anime/manga character, several veins would be popping on my forehead right about now...)
I was aiming for theatrical anyways.

And to be honest, we are counting on you Eternal Dreamer. I'm useless right now with my old comp and all. Can't interact with microsoft Word and help. Sorry about that.

And you shouldn't pop a vein over little ol' me. And sorry about the harassment.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 12:05   Link #176
ForbiddenOne

Another little tip: As far as I can tell, when you play through the Ashford Academy route for the second time and choose to go to the hot springs, you can only get to Suzaku's events by first talking to Lelouch (Suzaku's events then pop up in the slot that Lelouch's occupied), and... I THINK you can only get ... err.. well thats all that I'm sure about. I forgot the other one >_<.
Old 2010-10-23, 15:39   Link #177
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

And so, Rai has now officially joined the Black Knights (Black Knights route version)! I've uploaded the whole automatic scene, along with the three possible choices that go with it. (It's hard to say whether Square or O is better, in my opinion, but I went with Square to be safe.) I hope this sates the curiosity of those who were looking forward to this particular scene.

The next update, however, is going to take a while longer than usual, unfortunately. (Perhaps even as far as two weeks.) Not only is are there a few new scenes, but there's also the Refrain Knightmare battle to translate, along with the before and after scenes that go with it. (Luckily, it only has a single choice in it, so it makes things a bit easier.) I'm not sure exactly how long it will take, but it's probably going to be finished somewhere between the Sunday of next week and the one after. I'll try to get it out as soon as I can, though.

And thanks for the tip, ForbiddenOne...though I'm not sure I'm looking forward to seeing Lelouch half-naked myself... (But, if it's for the fans...)
Old 2010-11-08, 07:19   Link #178
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

I made it just on time!
Yes, Day 12 is now finished, which includes the following scenes: a new scene with Zero in the BK hideout's lounge, one with C.C. in the hangar, Nunnally in the garden, Nunnally and Sayoko in Nunnally's room (this one is actually something I missed from Day 7, which someone brought to my attention, sorry for putting it up late), and, finally, a new automatic scene with the Knightmare battle for the "Refrain" incident.

Now then, about Day 13. Because of certain tasks that I've been neglecting and that have been piling up in my life, I'm afraid that the translation of this day is going to take longer than usual, as I'm going to have less time to translate for the rest of November. (Not to mention that there's the BK route Narita battle to take care of.) While I will definitely finish it by the end of the month, it's going to take me a MINIMUM of two weeks for me to take care of it. I apologize for the delay, but I promise to get it done as soon as I can.

Edit: Sorry for the delay in the link to the Knightmare Battle-04, there were some problems with the hosting service for the site, but it's been corrected now and the link has been added.
Old 2010-11-10, 11:36   Link #179
ForbiddenOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
I made it just on time!
Now then, about Day 13. Because of certain tasks that I've been neglecting and that have been piling up in my life, I'm afraid that the translation of this day is going to take longer than usual, as I'm going to have less time to translate for the rest of November.
You missed a chance for the perfect joke. You coulda changed your sig (under that picture) to "This time I'll be a bit late, but don't worry about it."

:P.

As an aside, have you considered backing this stuff up someplace? As dedicated as you are, I cannot imagine you starting over again after another hard drive crash (or whatever happened the last time).
Old 2010-12-15, 19:01   Link #180
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

I'm very, very sorry for the overextended delay in translating. Things became a bit hectic and disorganized in my life during the past few weeks, and I neglected this project for longer than intended. From now on, I'll try to give more advance notice when there is such a long break in translation.

To make up for it, I've decided to use my now free time to redesign the website and make it a bit more user-friendly. For now, it's mostly just the web design and banner. Also, I've moved the old home page over to "About Project", and added a new headline at the top of this page to indicate where I currently am in the translation. The old Trans-Configuration page has also been removed until further notice, as it's just been sitting there neglected for a long time now. There will be more changes as the month goes as well, so tell me if you have any comments about the new design.

Anyway, this update includes, of course, the BnK Narita battle, part of the latest Auto-27. (It's interesting, since this is the first Knightmare battle where Geass is an option.) Besides that, however, there's only three new night scenes: one with Ohgi in Shinjuku Ghetto, on with Inoue in the Lounge, and one with Zero in the Command Center. The next update will be (probably) a week or less from now, barring any unforeseen circumstances, as Day 14 includes the simulator battle with the Gekka. By then there should be various other modifications to the site as well.