AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-02, 10:24   Link #481
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
So it's actually Vesperia ? Or is it Vesperia with Grace that are going to be localized ?

It's 2nd Frebruary in my country right now I wonder if it's going to be announced today--
In the UK, they updated the site between 7 and 10pm GMT, so anytime before midnight hopefully for me.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 11:13   Link #482
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

It's not even noon yet, give them some time.

Needless to say, today is either going to be the best day in a Tales fan's life or one of the worst. Either way, I expect to hear shouting today.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 13:22   Link #483
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
Edit: I saw that they also got Catherine set for 2011
That can't be true. There's been so information at all regarding a release outside of Japan yet.

Not that sure about the site though.
Old 2011-02-02, 16:13   Link #484
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

IT'S HERE!

http://www.ataleoftworichards.com/

No news about Vesperia yet, though. Oh well, the day's not over yet. Even so, this is good enough!
Old 2011-02-02, 16:18   Link #485
Elvin

PS3 and -$400 here I come...
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 16:44   Link #486
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And no waiting for an EU release this time either! Giggity!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 17:14   Link #487
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And no waiting for an EU release this time either! Giggity!
We can just import the US release.
Old 2011-02-02, 17:26   Link #488
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Great news. Let's hope they'll also announce a EU version soon.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 17:30   Link #489
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Like hell I'll wait for that! PS3 is region free, so importing I go!

As for Vesperia... since it's very quiet on that front (on the dev side, the fans are rioting) I'm going to assume there won't be a US PS3 Vesperia, and that they only used the Vesperia logo because they needed something to disguise the Graces logo, and Vesperia was the first thing on hands.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 17:46   Link #490
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I know it is region free, but I prefer a local version. I know I'm quite obstinate about it as I had already returned/resold games that I got that turned out to be US by 'accident'.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 17:57   Link #491
Renya

finally a tales game localized >.<
now to complete the combo - dual audio lol :P
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 18:41   Link #492
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

I'm gonna import, if we get a EU release, I'll likely get that too. ;P

The Tales of Graces Facebook page is titled Tales Series, I think this is a positive sign for future Tales releases.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 19:47   Link #493
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

...So Bamco when do you want my money?

And as for the ToV PS3, i wouldn´t lose hope completely. They did use the logo, so maybe they release it if ToGF does well or something.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 21:06   Link #494
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I loved this game so much, I might actually get the US version in addition to the JP version I already have. At the very least, I'm going to get the game guide so I can use it with my PS3 version.

I really hope they at least keep the original JP opening theme in there. (those instrumental swap-outs they tend to put in suck ) I also hope they leave the JP voicing in, but I think that's a bit of a stretch; I've only seen a handful of PS3 games that have both the US and JP dubs.

Now, once again, the long, excruciating wait for the actual release..........
Old 2011-02-02, 22:47   Link #495
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I loved this game so much, I might actually get the US version in addition to the JP version I already have. At the very least, I'm going to get the game guide so I can use it with my PS3 version.

I really hope they at least keep the original JP opening theme in there. (those instrumental swap-outs they tend to put in suck ) I also hope they leave the JP voicing in, but I think that's a bit of a stretch; I've only seen a handful of PS3 games that have both the US and JP dubs.

Now, once again, the long, excruciating wait for the actual release..........
No, I'm going to bet that they put the English version of the opening in. I mean, the song already exists, so they have no reason not to use it. They did it in Vesperia, after all.

But yes, I'll definitely get the English version. I'm getting so excited that this is the first English Tales release in two years!

Also, I'd have to disagree about the voice acting- the English voice acting in a Tales game is always one of the highlights to me. It's one of the few cases where I like the English VAs just as much as the Japanese seiyuus. Heck, I actually stopped watching the Tales of the Abyss anime when I heard it was licensed because I want to see if it'll be dubbed, which I'd prefer to watch.
Old 2011-02-02, 23:43   Link #496
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
No, I'm going to bet that they put the English version of the opening in. I mean, the song already exists, so they have no reason not to use it. They did it in Vesperia, after all.
? You mean put the JP version's theme in the english one? I'm not sure what you mean there otherwise, because there's no English version of White Wishes.

Quote:
Also, I'd have to disagree about the voice acting- the English voice acting in a Tales game is always one of the highlights to me. It's one of the few cases where I like the English VAs just as much as the Japanese seiyuus. Heck, I actually stopped watching the Tales of the Abyss anime when I heard it was licensed because I want to see if it'll be dubbed, which I'd prefer to watch.
Except there's more than just voicing talent to consider; lots of Japanese lines don't make sense when translated to English. ToGf definitely has a good number of such lines in its battle results chat scenes. Granted, this problem will still exist even if they keep the JP dub since they would still have to make English subtitles for US players, but it would still help for those stateside who know Japanese and simply didn't get the JP version.
Old 2011-02-03, 00:02   Link #497
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
? You mean put the JP version's theme in the english one? I'm not sure what you mean there otherwise, because there's no English version of White Wishes.

Except there's more than just voicing talent to consider; lots of Japanese lines don't make sense when translated to English. ToGf definitely has a good number of such lines in its battle results chat scenes. Granted, this problem will still exist even if they keep the JP dub since they would still have to make English subtitles for US players, but it would still help for those stateside who know Japanese and simply didn't get the JP version.
There is an English version of White Wishes- I have it on my IPod. It's definitely on YouTube. Go ahead and look for it.
Old 2011-02-03, 00:20   Link #498
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Eh, I would have much preferred Vesperia's PS3 version. Graces is fine and all, but it doesn't look nearly as good.

Wish they hadn't trolled us like that. It's astoundingly unprofessional.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 00:24   Link #499
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Told myself I'd try these if they ever got localized for PS3. Guess I'm going to have to. xD;

Not a bad series, but IMO, it's no Kingdom Hearts.
Old 2011-02-03, 01:09   Link #500
ZODDGUTS

So Namco troll us by putting Vesperia logo on those distorted images. smh
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, games, rpg