AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 30 27.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 34.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 19:15   Link #41
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I just watched the raw and was entertained by the episode by the visuals alone! (and some guesses to the dialog)

The sports festival was a blast and Kagami's 'accidents' were fun to watch. Miyuki's race was really animated well and you just had to expect that kind of finish! (and she and Nayuki have something in common!)

Konata has good taste in Haruhi products as she was buying the official fanbook!

One thing I'd also like to comment about this episode is the many, many opportunities for avatars and signatures that can be made from it.

btw, this ep is a '9' before I even see the subs!
Old 2007-05-27, 20:16   Link #42
Skane
Anime Snark

Kyonani? Unintentional misspelling or a reference to Kyon?

Hmm...
Old 2007-05-27, 20:24   Link #43
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am guessing it is a wordplay on the short for Kyoto Animation and Konami.
Old 2007-05-27, 20:27   Link #44
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

Also for the NES Parody:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for correction:
Old 2007-05-27, 21:54   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Kyonani? Unintentional misspelling or a reference to Kyon?....
And maybe also Kyo-"what?" (nani in jp). Anyway, a nice-sounding riff on "Konami." "Kyonami" would have been too close, perhaps. Whatever it is, it is one of those standard shifts of a brand name, like Somy or Camon, isn't it?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-27, 22:37   Link #46
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Kyonani? Unintentional misspelling or a reference to Kyon?

Hmm...
The first one, though it did give me fodder for a sig.
Old 2007-05-28, 00:49   Link #47
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Is it just me, or did some of the "female" voices in this episode sound very... "manly"? Specifically, one of the girls during the Baton Relay, and the woman whose bag got entangled with a man's one.

I'm not talking about guttural tones here, or otherwise gruff-sounding women, but a VERY low pitch that is just not normal for most women unless they have been on steroids or something.

Yes?
Old 2007-05-28, 01:11   Link #48
Dark Wing

lmao many sayings can be born form this one Screen Shot...

"Behold the power of moe!" or "The moe is strong in this one..."
Old 2007-05-28, 01:28   Link #49
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Is it just me, or did some of the "female" voices in this episode sound very... "manly"? Specifically, one of the girls during the Baton Relay, and the woman whose bag got entangled with a man's one. I'm not talking about guttural tones here, or otherwise gruff-sounding women, but a VERY low pitch that is just not normal for most women unless they have been on steroids or something. Yes?
According to the end credits, Kujira did twelve different female roles in this show (runners, women in kitchen, female passerby, etc.). She is Obaba in Nagasarete Airandou, and was Madame DuBarry in the Rose of Versailles Movie and Orochimaru in Naruto. Tachiki Fumihiko did six different roles (announcer, male passerby, etc.). He was Gendou Ikari is NGE, Victor in Angelique, etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-28, 01:40   Link #50
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
According to the end credits, Kujira did twelve different female roles in this show (runners, women in kitchen, female passerby, etc.). She is Obaba in Nagasarete Airandou, and was Madame DuBarry in the Rose of Versailles Movie and Orochimaru in Naruto. Tachiki Fumihiko did six different roles (announcer, male passerby, etc.). He was Gendou Ikari is NGE, Victor in Angelique, etc.
GOOD GRIEF.

The VA was really a female? I am at a loss for words. It sounded too much like falsetto to me.

Old 2007-05-28, 02:01   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post

lmao many sayings can be born form this one Screen Shot...

"Behold the power of moe!" or "The moe is strong in this one..."
I told you, the universe appears to melt in this episode as a result of too much Moe. I had a dream that prophesized it.
Old 2007-05-28, 02:47   Link #52
gekko

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Like, every country other than the US, Canada, the UK and Australia
nah, that's km/h ( = 100 cm / 3600 s ) or at most m/s, but never cm/s
Old 2007-05-28, 03:00   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Typically, track as I recall is measured in m/s .... however, I've seen quite a few measurements in Japan using cm/s (and cm) ... after all, its just 'x 100' and means you don't have to mess with a decimal point.
Old 2007-05-28, 03:52   Link #54
Woland
Latin Rascal

07:04 ~ 07:08

Kiddy Grade reference? I don't remember exactly Lumiere's (the very first character, officially, voiced by Aya, when she was 14) catch-phrase but was something like that (something like "woman should behave elegantly" onnanokowa eleganto ni)
Old 2007-05-28, 04:51   Link #55
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Wah, couldn't resist; had to download the raw.

The overall animation style is noticeably different from other episodes. At least in the beginning of the episode it seemed so. Like at 4:23, everyone doesn't look in their normal proportions... But it definitely gets better (or I got used to it) as the episode progressed.

Spoiler for Ep 8 stuff, just to be safe:
Old 2007-05-28, 05:24   Link #56
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
Spoiler for Ep 8 stuff, just to be safe:
i believe tsukasa wore that same outfit before already... it was episode 2 i believe... and i also thought ayu the first time i saw her in that outfit...
you may also notice that kagami wore that same polo + tie before...
it just goes to show that kyoani is making it more realistic by showing them wear their clothes again... and not just wearing it once and we'll never get to see that outfit again...
Old 2007-05-28, 06:41   Link #57
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Old 2007-05-28, 06:53   Link #58
Skane
Anime Snark

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Will someone be kind enough to host this image on another imagehosting site such as yourPix or something? I can't see anything from ImageShack these past few days.
Old 2007-05-28, 06:58   Link #59
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Will someone be kind enough to host this image on another imagehosting site such as yourPix or something? I can't see anything from ImageShack these past few days.
http://i15.tinypic.com/5x4u9n9.jpg
Old 2007-05-28, 08:38   Link #60
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona-chan
Saitama Prefecture - Izumi Konata - Age 17

A tribute to Lucky Channel, the short special as well as radio programme of Lucky Star, and to its Super Idol with a powerful personality - Kogami Akira-san.

(Picture caption - Would like to see more of Shiraishi-kun in action. )
Happy Birthday, Kona-chan!

This is one of the shows where I can watch the screenshot and still be able enjoy myself without fear of getting spoilt silly, for there's nothing to spoil. I've pretty much made up my mind about the episode, but I'll still watch it first.

I'm pretty sure Kona-chan's dad took pictures of schoolgirls for a living.

And Kagami with short-hair -
Closed Thread