AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-30, 20:57   Link #1
Demitre

Need a comedy of mishaps, but maybe more serious

I am looking for what could be considered a parody, but doesn't have to be..

I either want one of these things, they do not have to be in the same anime.

1) A protagonist who is capable but still unable to do anything right because he's unlucky. Kinda like Harima in School Rumble, but with a more serious setting.

2) a Protagonist who's reputation preceeds him/her, but he/she is comedicly overrated in reality. His legendary status is wrongly interpreted by everyone throughout the story. Like Vash, or Captian taylor from Irresponsible Captian Taylor. So a protagonist who is basicly an idiot. Parad

3) A protagonist who tries too hard to be evil and hatches inane plots to be foiled by his/her own poor planing.

Also, I would like to know a similar anime to Rune Soldier but with an actual plot. The same character archetypes through. And no, not Ragnorok the Animation.
Old 2006-07-30, 21:17   Link #2
jedinat

I don't know if this one really meets your request... but I think it is kind of along the same vein:

Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu is about a boy and the girl who comes to live with him. She is like a demon or something who makes his life utterly miserable and the craziest things happen around him but no one thinks they are any big deal or just doesn't believe him. It's rather hilarious watching him stress out constantly, screaming lightning fast about why what's going on is so utterly wrong.

If you enjoy that you might also like xxxHOLiC... the protagonists are sort of similar actually, lol.

I can't really think of anything that directly matches your request... Golden Boy maybe? I didn't watch more than two episodes of that so I can't really say.

I know quite a few manga that have what you're looking for... Angel Densetsu is hilarious, about a guy with a scary face but an angel-like personality who is always missunderstood.
Old 2006-07-30, 22:57   Link #3
mit7059

Hmmm... maybe Ouran High School Host Club, its pretty funny and while the protagonist doesn't really display all of those traits other characters in the series do, its currently unlicenced and ongoing.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2006-07-31, 02:46   Link #4
mizsuzi

I second with mut7059's recommendation.. Ouran is a good anime.

Although i cannot keep up with your standards in comedy anime.. im just going to list some of the ones i feel you are meaning to watch:

King of Bandit Jing// Has comedy.. some laughs here and there.. its not so much as a comedy that doesnt have seriousness in it.. it pretty much does. I really like this animee

Air// This is more serious i shall say.. i enjoyed it because it had some heartfelt laughs.. without it, i dont think i'd like Air this much. It's about a girl who keeps dreaming of the sky and how she has wings.. one day she meets a boy who's a descendant from a soldier thousand years ago.. he was in love with a girl who had wings and so when she died.. the monks (who were against the winged population) put a chant on her that she will always suffer from her worse feears/nightmares even after he death. And so the soldier tries to save her from her dreadful dreams thats killing her even after she dies.... The story goes and and everything gets put together. I'm sorry i can't display this anime more than i already have.. or else i would spoil everything. Im not that great at reviews either. lol I hope you get a chance to see this anime, i think its wonderfully drawn and done. The characters are great and its pretty fun to watch aswell. ^^

Heres my last one;; hmm Samurai champloo is popular when someone asks for a comedic anime, its a twist of hip hop almost like cowboybeepbob and historical times. It's awsome.. a must see
Old 2006-07-31, 06:32   Link #5
Demitre

Thanks for the suggesstions, I'll check some of them out.

Like I said through, all requiresments don' thave to be in the same anime. The protagonist can just exhibit one of the traits.

I've seen Golden boy and quite enjoyed it. Not so much for Bandit Jing, which I thought was pretty bland. I can't finish Air without falling asleep.

I am going to check out the others mentioned that I haven't seen through. Thanks.
Old 2006-07-31, 07:16   Link #6
andromeda0201

hmmm....how about
Kare Kano - fits your 2nd requirement perhaps, since the female and male protagonist are hailed by everyone in their school for being the most perfect beings ever, but in fact they are not what they seem

Kyou Kara Maou - kinda suits number 2, where the protagonist unwillingly becomes a demon king and is feared by many but in fact he doesn't act like one

Full Metal Panic, Fumoffu! - well the male lead always thinks he has planned and got everything under control when actually he is making big mistakes

Getbackers - one of the male leads, Ginji is known as the great thunder emperor but then well....if they get to see his current state...

Suzuka - not so sure whether this is relevant but Yamato does try very hard to get the girl..though failing most of the time
Closed Thread