AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-02, 22:03   Link #401
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Hey guys, that ship was a Guantanamo-class ship, not a Uraga.
Old 2008-06-03, 07:07   Link #402
Tabris

Oops, I thought the stealth carriers were called Uragas

Well, the more you know, thanks
Old 2008-06-03, 16:18   Link #403
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Oops, I thought the stealth carriers were called Uragas

Well, the more you know, thanks
Well, almost all ship types used by the UN Spacy are built with stealth capabilities. So, technically Uraga's are stealth carriers.
Old 2008-06-03, 20:23   Link #404
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The Guantanamo's more of a stealth light carrier of sorts, meant for stealthy deployments, and it doesn't have the numbers of valks that an uraga can carry.

The Uraga meanwhile is classed as a fleet battle carrier, which means that while it has some stealth elements its primary role is to get into battle, deploy all its valks, and absorb punishment while supporting the valks - hence all the cats on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Well, almost all ship types used by the UN Spacy are built with stealth capabilities. So, technically Uraga's are stealth carriers.
Not exactly. The US Navy's Zumwalt-class stealth DDGs and Arleigh-Burke-class Aegis DDGs both have stealth capabilities, but the Burke's don't have a dedicated design, though they do have steps towards RCS reduction and some stealthing of the superstructure - but not as much as the Zumwalts. Despite both DDGs having stealth charecteristics, the Burkes are designated as Air Defense Destroyers while the Zumwalts are Stealth Destroyers.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-06-03, 20:28   Link #405
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Not exactly. The US Navy's Zumwalt-class stealth DDGs and Arleigh-Burke-class Aegis DDGs both have stealth capabilities, but the Burke's don't have a dedicated design, though they do have steps towards RCS reduction and some stealthing of the superstructure - but not as much as the Zumwalts.
I wasn't talking about those ships...I was mainly referring to their space vessels, of which quite a few are designed with stealth features.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:23   Link #406
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I wasn't talking about those ships...I was mainly referring to their space vessels, of which quite a few are designed with stealth features.
I know you weren't; what I was pointing out was that just because a vessel is designed with stealth features doesn't designate it as a stealth vessel. The Burke has stealth features but is designated an air defence DDG, while the Zumwalt has more stealth and is designated a stealth DDG.

Besides, word of god designates the Uraga's as fleet carriers. They have some stealth design charecteristics, but their role as fleet carriers means that they're classed as such.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-06-06, 03:14   Link #407
Westlo
Lets be reality

Episode 10 has Ozma referring to Mao Nome as Doctor Mao, so she must've been aboard the Macross during the Space War. Anyway the next issue of newtype goes on sale the 10th of this month so we should have expanded spoilers for episodes 11-13 to go with those one liners I posted earlier on. As well as updated character and anime polls and some vf-27 lineart!
Old 2008-06-06, 03:18   Link #408
SymphonicRain

A wishful thinking, but I hope to hear of news of the possibility of the announcement of a second season that continues the storyline in a gaiden form if they manage to tie this story nicely at the end of the run. ^.^
Old 2008-06-06, 03:44   Link #409
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Episode 10 has Ozma referring to Mao Nome as Doctor Mao, so she must've been aboard the Macross during the Space War. Anyway the next issue of newtype goes on sale the 10th of this month so we should have expanded spoilers for episodes 11-13 to go with those one liners I posted earlier on. As well as updated character and anime polls and some vf-27 lineart!
Maybe or maybe not, not all the world was destroyed by the barrage of the Zentradi iirc, but thats a moot point of discussion. It however certainly caught my ear when I heard "Doctor Mao" and makes me wonder if Macross Frontier is just the continuation of the ending for Macross Zero.

Afaik didn't Macross Zero take place around 2008? MF takes place 51 or so years afterwards, wouldn't surprise me that with cybernetics and such that Mao is still alive.

Also on a sidenote, did they recover her earring from the crystal sample in episode 10? If it isn't then I wouldn't be surprised that Sheryl's mother is you know who.
Old 2008-06-06, 04:32   Link #410
ReddyRedWolf

Wait you mean she went for a French guy named Pierre after Space War 1.
Old 2008-06-06, 05:59   Link #411
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Wait you mean she went for a French guy named Pierre after Space War 1.
The Sara Nome speaks(well, sings in) French to begin with in Macross Zero as well. Probably a colonial thing from the past.

Either that or the french are really the protoculture.
Old 2008-06-06, 06:07   Link #412
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post

Either that or the french are really the protoculture.
NOOOO!!!? It can not be!! what manner of sick Blasphemy is this ??
Old 2008-06-06, 06:39   Link #413
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Maybe or maybe not, not all the world was destroyed by the barrage of the Zentradi iirc, but thats a moot point of discussion. It however certainly caught my ear when I heard "Doctor Mao" and makes me wonder if Macross Frontier is just the continuation of the ending for Macross Zero.

Afaik didn't Macross Zero take place around 2008? MF takes place 51 or so years afterwards, wouldn't surprise me that with cybernetics and such that Mao is still alive.

Also on a sidenote, did they recover her earring from the crystal sample in episode 10? If it isn't then I wouldn't be surprised that Sheryl's mother is you know who.
Actually I don't think this is the case. To copy what I said in another thread:

I don't think there is any connection at all between Ozma and Dr. Mao Nome directly. The significance of that statement I believe is in what happens to Mao Nome after the incident. She is still on earth and is a teenager when we last saw her in Macross Zero. This gives insight that Mao goes to school and holds a PhD in something or a MD. And she is obviously famous enough from whatever she does to be remembered significantly into the future by Ozma. So that is the significant part of that comment. There is something huge in the greater Macross story about Mao Nome, later to become Dr. Mao. Because I'm not aware of anything more on that character outside Macross Zero.

Hence it may be possible she was able to be on Macross or even if she is simply old (estimation 11 in Macross Zero in 2008 so 62 in 2059 - Source) I don't think she's there during Macross Frontier's time line or if she is she is on a different Macross fleet elsewhere.

All the Colonial Fleets left Earth in 2012. If you look at the First episode of Macross Frontier there is a short story describing the happening until this point. In that you see an animation of many fleets leaving Earth. They are named Macross with a number next to it. 1 through 7. Macross 7 obviously is the center point of the Macross 7 anime series. There are also Megaroad fleets, 08 through 13 that I can see. There is one shown if you pause it that says M-Frontier 025 which means it's the 25th Colonial fleet. Later in the same sequence you see Megaroad-4 land on a planet called Eden in 2013. From there more fleets break off from it. M-Frontier from Earth then meets up with M-Galaxy from Eden in the year 2059. So M-Frontier has been in space going for 47 years now. Amazing what you get about the history from just that small animation introduction.

I'm more wiling to bet that Dr Mao Nome did something very significant in her work somewhere in the Macross timeline and hence is remembered years into the future. Which is still a ridiculously short period of time considering the advancements from the start in 1999 to current 2059. Although because Frontier came from Earth it's very possible that Dr. Mao Nome "might" be on board. We don't know yet.

Referencing Timeline: http://macross.anime.net/story/chron...ort/index.html
Old 2008-06-06, 06:57   Link #414
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
All the Colonial Fleets left Earth in 2012.
No, the Megaroad-1 shown in the intro launched in 2012. The rest followed regularly afterwards. Macross 7 launched in 2038. The colonization map does not reflect chronological order.
Old 2008-06-06, 07:40   Link #415
ipernorris

After watching Chihiro subs (well I'll watch better ones for confirmation) I think two speculations make sense:
1) the purple crystal has the ability to connect different places of the universe in real time and the trigger seems to the anima spiritia in songs. If this is true it could mean free travel through the universe without the folding limits we've been taught about some episodes ago.
2) the Vajra have those crystals because they were able to fold out in the battlefield in episode 8 without caring of folding dislocation.
Old 2008-06-06, 07:56   Link #416
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
No, the Megaroad-1 shown in the intro launched in 2012. The rest followed regularly afterwards. Macross 7 launched in 2038. The colonization map does not reflect chronological order.
Ahh that makes more sense then.
Old 2008-06-06, 08:52   Link #417
ReddyRedWolf

Hmmm... Back in Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me where Basara met Jenius daughter Emilia her song energy managed to reach the Macross 7 fleet from a remote planet due to a fold space anomaly.

But if this was actually a natural occuring phenomenon then the crystal material could exploit these anomalies.

It is possible that space whales work on a similar fashion as they can both space fold and sing.
Old 2008-06-06, 09:42   Link #418
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Hmmm... Back in Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me where Basara met Jenius daughter Emilia her song energy managed to reach the Macross 7 fleet from a remote planet due to a fold space anomaly.

But if this was actually a natural occuring phenomenon then the crystal material could exploit these anomalies.

It is possible that space whales work on a similar fashion as they can both space fold and sing.
Ability to fold on their own + anima spiritia generation + immunity to folding dislocation = the ultimate nightmare if the being who can do this is your enemy.

The Vajra can't generate anima spiritia on their own, but they react to it so it's given to them by someone/something, the entity controlling them all most likely. Perhaps they receive anima spiritia the same way Alto heard Sheryl's song through the purple crystal. If Vajra can move freely around the galaxy then humanity strategy to spread their culture to avoid it being destroyed in a single attack would become meaningless.
The matrix look-alike agent said that "you will soon know the true terror of the Vajra". This means:
1) we have seen nothing of their true strength.
2) Macross Quarter is going to bite the dust soon.
3) An enemy who can move all of the forces he likes as far as he likes without problems is a true terror.
Old 2008-06-06, 19:57   Link #419
Westlo
Lets be reality

In episode 10 Grace doesn't appear... and yet I've been told that Kikuko Inoue appears in the credits. Now I'm curious to find out about how far the implants and cybernetics on Macross Galaxy have gone. Brera appears to be cyborg like and it seems that Grace was able to control that agent who met Leon and was speaking through him. Of course she wouldn't meet Leon as Grace since he obviously knows what Sheryl Nome's manager looks like and it would blow her cover. And yes Kikuko Inoue can do that voice....

I really don't think they included that part about Galaxy before the intro in episode 7 for nothing so it will be interesting to see what happens with this plot thread later on. One way or another Sheryl won't have Grace as her manager at the end of the series...
Old 2008-06-06, 23:01   Link #420
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
In episode 10 Grace doesn't appear... and yet I've been told that Kikuko Inoue appears in the credits. Now I'm curious to find out about how far the implants and cybernetics on Macross Galaxy have gone. Brera appears to be cyborg like and it seems that Grace was able to control that agent who met Leon and was speaking through him. Of course she wouldn't meet Leon as Grace since he obviously knows what Sheryl Nome's manager looks like and it would blow her cover. And yes Kikuko Inoue can do that voice....

I really don't think they included that part about Galaxy before the intro in episode 7 for nothing so it will be interesting to see what happens with this plot thread later on. One way or another Sheryl won't have Grace as her manager at the end of the series...
Wow I didn't even catch that. I thought it was some unknown speaking through the man in the suit with a female voice. It was all kind of odd. Now that does make sense with the new light. So if that was Grace then she really did give her other earing away? That's even more confusing.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers