AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-19, 12:26   Link #41
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
In any case. Since Signum's already Unisoned, Any sign of Zest? What about Hayate and Nanoha? The fleet?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-19, 12:28   Link #42
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
Yes, it is definitely RF6's fault. Better to mass enough combat power to gain one objective than to provide inadequate forces for multiple objectives and fail. The targets can't be that time sensitive. RF6 had all of the time between the end of episode 17 and episode 20. That means they don't need to attack all three at once.

If going after all three objectives at once is what Jail is expecting, then RF6 is completely conceding the element of surprise. Concentrating on one or two objectives at a time lets them mass more combat power in those locations and takes advantage of the way Jail split his forces. Jail's defensive dispositions have issues as well since he is trying to defend all three locations without any substantial reserves. His forces are vulnerable to being pinned in place by limited holding attacks while RF6's main forces concentrate on the main objectives.

Splitting their forces evenly is one of the worst things each side could possibly do.
Actually, it is quite time-sensitive in a way.

If Cradle is not stopped before reaching activation point, I think it's pretty much game over.

Jail could escape easily if he wants to, since Sein is there. I take it that his 'tube-girls' are quite important, but the key was that delaying was dangerous, considering how bloody long it took for them to FINALLY pin down Jail.

And it's not like they can avoid the defenses towards the capital area.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-19, 12:29   Link #43
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
The cradle is time sensitive. If it reaches it's target location, it's game over. It's got an extremely powerful AMF field (when Nanoha and Vita land in it, their magic gets canceled and they start falling to the deck - Nanoha has to expend extra power to even continue flying). The fowards and the other personel obviously can't operate under this condition, so who else can they send to the Cradle?
So if the Cradle is the time sensitive target then that should be the main objective. Almost all of RF6's forces should be sent to the Cradle with limited attacks on the other two areas to pin the Jail's remaining forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Actually, it is quite time-sensitive in a way.

If Cradle is not stopped before reaching activation point, I think it's pretty much game over.

Jail could escape easily if he wants to, since Sein is there. I take it that his 'tube-girls' are quite important, but the key was that delaying was dangerous, considering how bloody long it took for them to FINALLY pin down Jail.

And it's not like they can avoid the defenses towards the capital area.
Yes, but going after both doesn't do any good if they lose in either area as those forces they used where they lost could have been used to increase their chances of winning at the other location. It greatly increases the chances of losing in both areas. Then there's also that third objective they're after.
Old 2007-08-19, 12:31   Link #44
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Spoiler:
An even better description. Thanks, Thisguy!

Spoiler for spoiler:

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-08-19, 12:31   Link #45
aers
*Fansubber

Quote:
So if the Cradle is the time sensitive target then that should be the main objective. Almost all of RF6's forces should be sent to the Cradle with limited attacks on the other two areas to pin the Jail remaining forces.
Did you miss the part where I said that the only people who can operate under the AMF's condition are the extremely strong mages - Hayate can't do close quarter combat, so she's out, someone has to counter Zest because he'd rip through most people, so Signum's out, someone has to hold off the two strongest Numbers and get to Scaglietti, so Fate's out.. what forces?
Old 2007-08-19, 12:32   Link #46
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
An even better description. Thanks, Thisguy!

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for Err...:

Old 2007-08-19, 12:34   Link #47
aers
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Spoiler for Err...:

Spoiler for 21:
Old 2007-08-19, 12:35   Link #48
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Spoiler for Err...:

In short, we (the OC Thread) is screwed if Vita pulls an Epyon.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-08-19, 12:36   Link #49
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for 21:
Holi Shyt.
Old 2007-08-19, 12:37   Link #50
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Also, Fate suggests the possibility of Jail controling Vivio, in such case, arresting Jail can be equal to stoping Cradle itself, without taking risk of going against Cradle at full and more quickly too.
So, arresting Jail may also have importance in that dire situation.

Not to mention that pretty much everyone except RF6 personnels have practically ZERO combat experience against SKJ, or Heavy-AMF-ing Drones.
So, yes, RF6 has to help them too, or Numbers and Drones will rip capital apart.

(Both are explained so in actual episode, although I'm quoting rather vaguely)
Old 2007-08-19, 12:41   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-19, 12:42   Link #52
arkhangelsk

Quote:
So if the Cradle is the time sensitive target then that should be the main objective. Almost all of RF6's forces should be sent to the Cradle with limited attacks on the other two areas to pin the Jail's remaining forces.

Yes, but going after both doesn't do any good if they lose in either area as those forces they used where they lost could have been used to increase their chances of winning at the other location. It greatly increases the chances of losing in both areas. Then there's also that third objective they're after.
Actually, the Cradle is the time sensitive target, but there are several ways for getting at it. I'd actually go for the ground pounding team first, because for what little I'd know of Scarlietti's objective, he has another ace up his sleeve waiting for him at HQ, so I'd still stop that probe. Further, that probe is easy to stop so I can get that thorn out of my back with minimal time loss (if I use transporters - I know they've got transporters on Asura). With the aces, I can clean that up in about a minute or two. Then all the aces go and hit Zest while the Forwards mop up. Using N-square, Zest won't last more than a few minutes. After that, I can choose between HQ and Cradle.
Old 2007-08-19, 12:45   Link #53
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-19, 12:46   Link #54
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I dunno, they seem to be setting up Vita for "I destroy all the enemies, but I'm too injured to reach the Reactor, fall down, makes everyone think she died, etc"

Then again, since there's like...100000 Drones inside and outside, it'd be strange if she falls and nothing comes up to stealth-kill her.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-19, 12:48   Link #55
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Actually, the Cradle is the time sensitive target, but there are several ways for getting at it. I'd actually go for the ground pounding team first, because for what little I'd know of Scarlietti's objective, he has another ace up his sleeve waiting for him at HQ, so I'd still stop that probe. Further, that probe is easy to stop so I can get that thorn out of my back with minimal time loss (if I use transporters - I know they've got transporters on Asura). With the aces, I can clean that up in about a minute or two. Then all the aces go and hit Zest while the Forwards mop up. Using N-square, Zest won't last more than a few minutes. After that, I can choose between HQ and Cradle.
That said and done, notice that we're squeezing 11-14 characters a side into a single frame, thus diluting the character building.

Ah yes how reality limits storytelling. The reason why IRL usually is boring.
Old 2007-08-19, 12:52   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
zomg what just happened
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-19, 12:52   Link #57
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Did you miss the part where I said that the only people who can operate under the AMF's condition are the extremely strong mages - Hayate can't do close quarter combat, so she's out, someone has to counter Zest because he'd rip through most people, so Signum's out, someone has to hold off the two strongest Numbers and get to Scaglietti, so Fate's out.. what forces?
Wrong CONOPS. If you are an artillery battalion with an overwhelming target list, you don't solve it by pointing two or three guns in all directions. You use as many guns as can practically be concentrated onto one target and hit them in turn. When you do that, you actually maximize shock effect, save time and save ammo - in other words you are more effective. Same thing here.

Use the transporters (instead of flying and having little conversations) to minimize time loss in retargeting and go for the targets in turn. You'd find that all the targets falling relatively easily in relatively short periods of time, leaving you the time and resources to go after the Cradle, perhaps the toughest target, in good time and nearly fresh. Any time and power loss will be greatly compensated by the fact you can have everyone on the job.
Old 2007-08-19, 13:01   Link #58
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Wrong CONOPS. If you are an artillery battalion with an overwhelming target list, you don't solve it by pointing two or three guns in all directions. You use as many guns as can practically be concentrated onto one target and hit them in turn. When you do that, you actually maximize shock effect, save time and save ammo - in other words you are more effective. Same thing here.
Problem:

1) If you swat Cradle out of the sky you run the risk of killing Vivio.
2) While you're amassing your forces to vape Cradle the Numbers have gotten into the city and have rendered bombardment useless against them.
3) While you're retasking to chase the Numbers down in urban combat Jail sneaks off to find something else to throw at you at a later date.
Old 2007-08-19, 13:03   Link #59
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Use the transporters (instead of flying and having little conversations) to minimize time loss in retargeting and go for the targets in turn. You'd find that all the targets falling relatively easily in relatively short periods of time, leaving you the time and resources to go after the Cradle, perhaps the toughest target, in good time and nearly fresh. Any time and power loss will be greatly compensated by the fact you can have everyone on the job.
That said, we don't know how long it takes to rearm the transporters, or what's the effective range of those things...
Old 2007-08-19, 13:05   Link #60
Mirificus

Quote:
If Zest is that important, then send enough forces to defeat him decisively. Otherwise don't bother at all.

There's no point in sending Fate after Jail if she can't capture or disable him. Instead a minimum of forces should be used to keep him there until the main forces are finished with the Cradle. Hayate would probably be ideal for that while unisoned with Rein. She doesn't even need to defeat the numbers. She just needs to keep Jail from moving. Fate and Signum probably could both be sent to the Cradle.

While RF6's mission may be clear, the mission is not dictating the objective. The objectives are being assigned haphazardly at best.