AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-10, 01:50   Link #21
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
A fanatical devotion to someone who you're convinced you're destined to be with

The bolded part is not quite in the definition of yandere. That's for the most extreme cases.
Old 2010-11-10, 15:16   Link #22
Kamonichan

As the victim of a recent yandere attack, I can say that Ayase isn't too bad. She made a good first impression and a bad second one, but that evens her out, I think. Need more delicious facts.
Old 2010-11-10, 18:50   Link #23
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
As the victim of a recent yandere attack, I can say that Ayase isn't too bad. She made a good first impression and a bad second one, but that evens her out, I think. Need more delicious facts.
First one is when she understood the action that went on in episode 4 between Kirino and Kyousuke right? Then the bad one was episode 5, where she just couldn't accept Kirino's activities no matter how much times she was told.

Spoiler for May be repeat:
Old 2010-11-11, 00:12   Link #24
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Hovering around the volume 7 discussions has some reward to it.

Spoiler for Vol. 7:

Anyhow, I like Ayase despite her tragic narrow-visioned upbringing. Her yandere side is lovely and adds some depth to an otherwise bland character. I want to see a Kyousuke x Ayase ending, but the odds aren't stacking so well with the current state of the story. One can hope though.

Last edited by trinitem; 2010-11-11 at 00:19. Reason: adding discussion
Old 2010-11-11, 00:53   Link #25
Kamonichan

As I've discovered, the only acceptable ending is where the would-be harem owner is cloned so that each of the harem gets him/her to themselves. Thus, I support anime character cloning.
Old 2010-11-11, 03:58   Link #26
Scy

Hope that this isn't posted yet, but apparently the upcoming Oreimo VN game is going to feature this:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-11, 04:05   Link #27
Seitsuki
Onee!

Yep, the route where you don't come out with all body parts intact and/or attached. Seriously, it's what you get for trying to hook up with her in the first place. (I mean, really? How clueless could you get?)

Makes you wonder though, who's unfortunate blood is coating the blade already?.. xD
Old 2010-11-11, 05:46   Link #28
Sumeragi
Banned

I wish I could see pic.
Old 2010-11-11, 07:56   Link #29
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
Anyhow, I like Ayase despite her tragic narrow-visioned upbringing. Her yandere side is lovely and adds some depth to an otherwise bland character.
First of all, thanks for the pic, it made my day ^_^

Bland character? To be honest, I consider her to be one of the most diverse and intriguing characters. Because she isn't easily figured out, you can NOT easily classify her. Her ability to listen to someone confronting her beliefs, and to CHANGE them when there are good arguments against them is fairly unique and very atypical for "otaku haters".

Likewise, her devotion to Kirino is genuine, and her disgust/hatred for Kyousuke is giving her a long-term viability. There's ALOT of potential for development, more than in most other characters. It's the old story: Characters with issues are much more interesting and worthwhile than those without (see: Manami).

Quote:
I want to see a Kyousuke x Ayase ending, but the odds aren't stacking so well with the current state of the story. One can hope though.
I've got no clear shipping preferences, but I do hope that Ayase-Kyousuke is mended over time.
Old 2010-11-12, 08:02   Link #30
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post
Hope that this isn't posted yet, but apparently the upcoming Oreimo VN game is going to feature this:

Spoiler:
Thought so. This is obviously a photoshop fake from this official art:

So let's tone down the yandere rumors some.
Old 2010-11-12, 08:10   Link #31
Dr. Casey

Kuroneko forgot to put her panties on that morning.
Old 2010-11-12, 16:49   Link #32
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post

Spoiler:
Never try to hook up with someone who is already in a yuri-yandere relation with your sister
Old 2010-11-12, 16:58   Link #33
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Never try to hook up with someone who is already in a yuri-yandere relation with your sister
But but but she looks so cute! Yanderes should get more appreciation and worshipping, tsunderes are taking away the spotlight! D:
I'd so try to hook up with her, of course with my survival mode on. That's the thrilling point of yanderes, you never know...
Old 2010-11-12, 17:03   Link #34
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
But but but she looks so cute! Yanderes should get more appreciation and worshipping, tsunderes are taking away the spotlight! D:
I'd so try to hook up with her, of course with my survival mode on. That's the thrilling point of yanderes, you never know...
It would be, but the yuri part makes it even harder to hit on her
Old 2010-11-12, 23:32   Link #35
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I think it's easy to jump to the conclusion that's she's mean or what have you based on what she's seen, when the matter of the fact is, she's just not open minded and she was probably raised that way. She probably just doesn't comprehend you can be an "otaku" with being a disgusting person, and the "confession" at the end of episode 5 certainly doesn't do much to change that viewpoint.

I'd call her kind but close minded at most. It'll be interesting to see if her views develop at all.

Quote:
First of all, thanks for the pic, it made my day ^_^

Bland character? To be honest, I consider her to be one of the most diverse and intriguing characters. Because she isn't easily figured out, you can NOT easily classify her. Her ability to listen to someone confronting her beliefs, and to CHANGE them when there are good arguments against them is fairly unique and very atypical for "otaku haters".

Likewise, her devotion to Kirino is genuine, and her disgust/hatred for Kyousuke is giving her a long-term viability. There's ALOT of potential for development, more than in most other characters. It's the old story: Characters with issues are much more interesting and worthwhile than those without (see: Manami).

I've got no clear shipping preferences, but I do hope that Ayase-Kyousuke is mended over time.
I agree with this completely. I think a lot of people are underestimating the potential depth these characters will have.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-13 at 00:50. Reason: Let's not double post, use the edit button instead...
Old 2010-11-13, 11:57   Link #36
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
I think it's easy to jump to the conclusion that's she's mean or what have you based on what she's seen, when the matter of the fact is, she's just not open minded and she was probably raised that way. She probably just doesn't comprehend you can be an "otaku" with being a disgusting person, and the "confession" at the end of episode 5 certainly doesn't do much to change that viewpoint.

I'd call her kind but close minded at most. It'll be interesting to see if her views develop at all.

I agree with this completely. I think a lot of people are underestimating the potential depth these characters will have.
A major point in the series seems to be Kirino/Kyousuke dealing with close-minded people, so it makes sense for Ayase to be that way too. It just really threw me for a loop when she was so, well, almost-violently close-minded. Really, I blame the schools.
Old 2010-11-13, 16:39   Link #37
Mentar
Banned

Is she so close-minded? I don't think so.

People who are close-minded not only have their own convictions (like Ayase), they stick to them no matter what, even if there's evidence to the contrary. And Ayase DID change her mind after being confronted with the evidence supplied by Kyousuke's father.

It will be a long ride to make her accept otaku - but I don't think it's really impossible.
Old 2010-11-13, 18:15   Link #38
Kamonichan

Well, Ayase isn't absolutely close-minded, but she's still pretty unwilling to accept other ideas. It took Kyousuke and Kirino a while to convince her, even with their eroge-powers combined. Part of it probably comes from Ayase's pathological aversion to liars, but still, she took a lot of convincing.
Old 2010-11-13, 19:09   Link #39
Lunar Archivist

Quote:
And Ayase DID change her mind after being confronted with the evidence supplied by Kyousuke's father.
That's not really the impression I got from that scene.

Ayase was so focused on that newspaper article that the only way Kyousuke was able to convince that she kind of sort of might have been mistaken was to get his hands on a goddamn police report that contradicted it. And even after that, she was so focused on forcing Kirino to be the person she expected her to be rather than the person she actually was. In other words, even though she was complaining about how her best friend was deceiving everyone about her fangirl hobbies, Ayase expected Kirino to live a lie in order for them to reconcile.

In the end, Ayase's cognitive dissonance about Kirino was never resolved. In fact, Kyousuke's decision to fall on his sword and take the blame by pretending to be a bad influence on his sister just reinforced her delusion that Kirino's hobby wasn't a conscious choice on her part but came about as a result of her being corrupted by her older brother.

I hate sounding so difficult, but I utterly fail to see how Ayase made any progress at all in this.
Old 2010-11-13, 19:25   Link #40
Itlandm
Porcupine

I am not sure how sane you can be and still send death threats to the son of a high-ranking police officer.

That said, her attitude toward Kirino is admirable. Even at the point where she drops their friendship, she still does not out Kirino to her other friends. A lot of people would do anything to strike back when they feel betrayed.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters