AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-28, 13:32   Link #321
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Old 2012-08-28, 13:39   Link #322
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

ISAMU!?

What is he doing crashing the party!!!???

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-28, 19:01   Link #323
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
ISAMU!?

- Tak
Aw, come on, Tak; you know you want him to.
Old 2012-08-29, 00:32   Link #324
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I'm just wondering if that's Sharon Apple at the back and if she's the one responsible for crashing the party.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-08-29, 00:44   Link #325
magnuskn

Stay away from Sheryl, you inveterate pervert!

<take Ranka, please>
Old 2012-08-29, 17:37   Link #326
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Stay away from Sheryl, you inveterate pervert!
I think I heard somewhere in the background where Alto just snapped a chopstick in half...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-29, 17:39   Link #327
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I think I heard somewhere in the background where Alto just snapped a chopstick in half...

- Tak
i think that was Isamu trying to pick up Alto.
Old 2012-08-29, 17:51   Link #328
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think that was Isamu trying to pick up Alto.
OH SHIT!

- Tak

Old 2012-08-30, 00:30   Link #329
magnuskn

I guess he mistook him for Minmay?
Old 2012-08-30, 03:51   Link #330
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
ISAMU!?

- Tak
I'll take Isamu over Myung any other day.
Old 2012-09-13, 19:42   Link #331
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

A Macross musical is upcoming as part of the 30th Anniversary.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-09-13, 19:59   Link #332
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Looking through the staff this looks a lot like other anime to musical translations. The latter Sailor Moon ones were okay so I know how high I should place my hopes with this.

Here's hoping for a BD release!
Old 2012-09-14, 08:16   Link #333
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Really...? You don't say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
First bit of real info about the upcoming musical, Macross: The Musicalture:

http://macross-musicalture.com/

From what I can tell, it's set in 2062, on the Macross 29, which is something of a refuge for people injured in war. It's completely pacifist, but economic problems have caused widespread unemployment, which in turn leads to the rise of a military group called "Neo-Zentran."

In the midst of this, a new "Miss Macross Contest" happens.

I've already got my ticket, but seriously...I have NO idea if this thing's gonna be any good at all...it's a ¥6800 gamble...

EDIT: The cast -

In similar news, they updated the musical's website. Now it has vocal and song samples:

http://macross-musicalture.com/the_world/index.html
Old 2012-09-22, 03:25   Link #334
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Hope that's not being sarcastic since I just found that recently.

Anyway...

Namco Bandai Games to Release Macross 30 in 2013.

Old 2012-09-27, 22:05   Link #335
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

More details on the 30th anniversary Macross game.

Old 2012-09-27, 22:35   Link #336
Tak

Well, I am definitely buying the game, even if its just for the soundtrack, which I am sure will be excellent.

I really hope its not another combat simulator (I have so much of those already), but I wouldn't mind if done well.

Now this is interesting... Nora, Shinn & D.D. walking side by side...

- Tak

Old 2012-09-28, 00:23   Link #337
Tyr Valein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
In similar news, they updated the musical's website. Now it has vocal and song samples:

http://macross-musicalture.com/the_world/index.html
Sakura and Sonia sound on POINT. Daryl...didn't sound as good as I thought she would, but that could be because she sounds a little winded (probably doing choreographed numbers on stage). I'll listen to the rest of them tomorrow, when I get the chance.

Quote:
Well, I am definitely buying the game, even if its just for the soundtrack, which I am sure will be excellent.
As for the soundtrack, this Haruka Chigusa girl sounds great. No wonder she won Miss Macross 30. I don't have a PS3, but I'll buy a super slim just to import this game. The only Macross game I currently own is Ultimate Frontier for PSP.

Quote:
I really hope its not another combat simulator (I have so much of those already), but I wouldn't mind if done well.
I honestly wouldn't mind another combat sim, as long as:

A) Its made by Artdink again
B) It has DAT YF-29 DURANDAL ACTION
C) They make the VF-30 exclusively for the game (with future series using numbers higher than VF-30)

Though if I was being COMPLETELY honest with myself, the perfect Macross game would be a Mass Effect styled game with original characters and idol love interests for both male and female players and an interactive story you get to shape.
- Instead of Mass Effect's gunfighting missions, we would get Valkyrie combat to break up the talking and lore digging. Would be loads of loads of fun.
- All currently known VFs should be unlockable in said game with at least one game exclusive one. Extensive customization of your VF should be possible, and there should be a free flight mode where you can just fly around as much as you like as well as leave the atmosphere if you're so inclined.
- Last but not least, there should be a split idol/pilot campaign with each one being at least a 20 hour campaign. That way players who want to influence things as an idol can do that and players who want to be pilots can do that too.
- Oh and simple multiplayer, even if its only co-op. Though I would love to see how a team other than Artdink would handle competitive Macross multiplayer that has depth, skill, and is loads of fun...Maybe Artdink could do the campaign gameplay and Project Aces could do the multiplayer?

Quote:
Now this is interesting... Nora, Shinn & D.D. walking side by side...

- Tak
I can never get over how Nora's face only matches her voice when her helmet is on. When she takes it off I just squeee. She's adorable!
Old 2012-09-28, 01:16   Link #338
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind another combat sim, as long as:

A) Its made by Artdink again
B) It has DAT YF-29 DURANDAL ACTION
C) They make the VF-30 exclusively for the game (with future series using numbers higher than VF-30)

Though if I was being COMPLETELY honest with myself, the perfect Macross game would be a Mass Effect styled game with original characters and idol love interests for both male and female players and an interactive story you get to shape.
- Instead of Mass Effect's gunfighting missions, we would get Valkyrie combat to break up the talking and lore digging. Would be loads of loads of fun.

....snip
The problem I have with past action games featuring Macross and/or others like Another Century Episode, Gundam Senki etc, is the overall feeling. It doesn't feel like a war, since most of the time you end up being the only pilot doing anything worth a damn. While the PsP MF games gave you the options to interact with your wingman and even improve your relationship with them, their efficiency in combat doesn't even amount to 5% of your effort. Even though in just about all Macross series, you actually have thousands of Valkyries sortie during battles. In the game, its just you and your worthless wingman.

I'd also like a bit of strategic addition to the game. Maybe allowing you, the player, to have more freedom to decide what type of squadrons you'd like to deploy to battle and what pilots to take with you. I really wish for the day when they release a game that allows you to have total control of the Macross Quarter, including its production capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
I can never get over how Nora's face only matches her voice when her helmet is on. When she takes it off I just squeee. She's adorable!
Nora is hot. Too bad her presence was short lived

- Tak

Old 2012-09-28, 11:17   Link #339
Tyr Valein

Quote:
The problem I have with past action games featuring Macross and/or others like Another Century Episode, Gundam Senki etc, is the overall feeling. It doesn't feel like a war, since most of the time you end up being the only pilot doing anything worth a damn. While the PsP MF games gave you the options to interact with your wingman and even improve your relationship with them, their efficiency in combat doesn't even amount to 5% of your effort. Even though in just about all Macross series, you actually have thousands of Valkyries sortie during battles. In the game, its just you and your worthless wingman.

I'd also like a bit of strategic addition to the game. Maybe allowing you, the player, to have more freedom to decide what type of squadrons you'd like to deploy to battle and what pilots to take with you. I really wish for the day when they release a game that allows you to have total control of the Macross Quarter, including its production capabilities.
You mean like a Macross RTS? You get to control the Macross Quarter and produce Valkyries and Destroids? Hmm, that would certainly be interesting.

I'd like a Macross Tactics game in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance too. (I feel Advance is better made and more balanced than the original PS one)

Quote:
Nora is hot. Too bad her presence was short lived

- Tak
Yeah, though at least it was a lot more merciful than other antagonists have died.
Old 2012-09-28, 11:25   Link #340
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

http://youtu.be/SnO1oBxjYvc

has anyone seen this yet?
And can I just hate hime now
Closed Thread