AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 25 32.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 15.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-24, 01:36   Link #101
ArrowSmith

Can anyone tell me if the manga goes past 26 chapters?
Old 2013-06-24, 01:38   Link #102
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Can anyone tell me if the manga goes past 26 chapters?
The manga isn't the source material for the show; rather it's based on light novels. The original manga series ended, and then the Kuroneko-centric "Ore no Kouhai ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga nai" manga started in its place. There's no manga that covers the content currently being shown.
Old 2013-06-24, 02:55   Link #103
type-R!

Well unfortunately the second part was rushed, like somebody else said there wasn't enough break between the dialogues to calmly digest what is happening, but at this point time is precious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
imo, I think Saori is the most suitable for Kyosuke (other than Kuroneko).

I really liked Saori's mature attitude and nurturing ways in the 1st season in trying to look after Kirino and Kuroneko in the beginning and looking after the bonds of the group.

Also Ojou-mode Saori is great.
I like Kirino the most but it is good to see somebody else that doesn't forget about Saori. It is nice seeing her act less reserved and in her ojousama mode. If Kyousuke had been smarter, he would have chosen her to take care of him and maybe he would have enjoyed a month full of expensive but exquisite food and the daily joy of having a pretty ojousama tending to him, possibly with butlers included
Old 2013-06-24, 03:58   Link #104
Gohan78
Awakened One

I suddenly realized what I hate the most about this show: the characters are a bunch of hypocrites.
In the previous episode Ayase scolded Kuroneko for not being Kirino's true friend because she dated Kyousuke despite knowing that Kirino doesn't want any other girl around her brother. In this episode she confesses to Kyousuke, betraying Kirino's trust.

Kyousuke also isn't consistent with his previous behaviour. He was always besotted with Ayase but when she actually confesses to him, he rejects her. Why? If he is actually in love with another girl (who at this point can only be Kirino, sadly), then he shouldn't search for Ayase's ero pics on the net nor try to peep on her in the shower... They made Kyousuke act like a big pervert here.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-06-24, 04:00   Link #105
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanairo*namida from Tomato n' Pine, Beelzebub ED03
Happy, lonely, laughing, receiving, rejoicing..
.. see! Tears come in more than one color
You, facing up against the rainbow with a smile, are looking at Tomorrow
Your shaking shoulders that have endured so much it’s almost choking you, muster their strength and breathe deep
It’s alright, it’s okay.. you can cry, it’s okay..
.. you know, some tears will make you feel relieved
I was hit. In the heart. It hurts.

Honestly, this episode hit me more than Kuroneko's fateful break-up, and imagining the quoted song in my head as the ending theme song gave it so much impact that I'm trying to fight the tears. Ah, screw this, I need a tissue.

It might be short, but thinking back at how perfect Kyousuke and Ayase talked together in their many interactions, it was all the more disappointing to see them this way.

Kuroneko and Kyousuke may be the charm of young, innocent love, but Ayase and Kyousuke was just too perfect!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-06-24, 04:40   Link #106
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Someone mentioned that the author wanted the anime staff to reduce Ayase's parts? I'm glad they decided to give her a proper ending, for the sake of the character and the seiyuu too.
Old 2013-06-24, 06:13   Link #107
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I suddenly realized what I hate the most about this show: the characters are a bunch of hypocrites.
In the previous episode Ayase scolded Kuroneko for not being Kirino's true friend because she dated Kyousuke despite knowing that Kirino doesn't want any other girl around her brother. In this episode she confesses to Kyousuke, betraying Kirino's trust.
Surprisingly enough I kind of agree. The heroines in this show haven't been terribly consistent. I think the idea is that at some point they have to try and be selfish and tell him how they feel, else they'll just be stuck on the sidelines with their unrequited love. So it's hypocritical but at the same time I think it's a bit realistic as well. I give it a pass, personally.
Quote:
Kyousuke also isn't consistent with his previous behaviour. He was always besotted with Ayase but when she actually confesses to him, he rejects her. Why? If he is actually in love with another girl (who at this point can only be Kirino, sadly), then he shouldn't search for Ayase's ero pics on the net nor try to peep on her in the shower... They made Kyousuke act like a big pervert here.
Well, he's been maturing in this season quite a bit, and frankly I was always very bothered by the fact that he was suddenly turned into such a massive pervert even though he's been a pretty stand-up guy. Like Ayase said, her strange relationship with Kyousuke was more planned than it was spontaneous. I always got the impression that he was so extreme with Ayase because it was what their relationship had become, and even so it was mostly based on assumptions from her to begin with as to how much of a pervert he is. I guess I felt like he was just being the person Ayase accused him of being, because in the end she secretly enjoyed him treating her that way.

I am a little sad that Saori didn't get this kind of attention like every single other member of the cast did though, at least in terms of the romance. I've always had the impression that Saori liked him as well, so having her come out and declare, "Haaah! I like him too!" here was such a waste. Actually, the whole party was a pretty bad idea considering it was comprised entirely of Kyousuke's suitors.

At any rate, I look forward to the conclusion, even though I know I'll hate it.

Edit: I realized what I envision the author as for this series. He's a guy saying: "No, no, guys. Come on. It's not going to be an incest story at all! Look at all of these other girls and the dating and stuff!" but secretly he has his fingers crossed behind his back.
Old 2013-06-24, 07:11   Link #108
Dop
Mmmm....

Hands up everyone who thought "If only..." at this point?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Seriously Ayase, why don't you have a knife when it counts.

I find myself hoping that one of the extra episodes will be a "Bad End" special. Saori buys the gang tickets for a certain European train line. Next morning, Kyousuke's found with several knives sticking out of his back. I think you can see where I'm going with this!
Old 2013-06-24, 07:25   Link #109
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Images

I find myself hoping that one of the extra episodes will be a "Bad End" special. Saori buys the gang tickets for a certain European train line. Next morning, Kyousuke's found with several knives sticking out of his back. I think you can see where I'm going with this!
No, that would be like Sch**l D*ys....

I prefer an Ayase arc where she ends up with Kyousuke...
Old 2013-06-24, 10:06   Link #110
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Quote:

I'm guessing that this inconsistency happens because of the fast paced adaptation. It could be (I didn't read, but read the comparisons) that the characters should have had more development but instead got these sudden realizations of "I like him" "I don't like her" and so on...
Old 2013-06-24, 10:53   Link #111
kwietiau01

Spoiler for spoiler about the original light novel:
Old 2013-06-24, 12:20   Link #112
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

This episode was really good, and I like to see that Ayase isn't all that yandere like she was so far. Also, I think that Ruri vs Kanako war isn't over yet. :P
Old 2013-06-24, 12:28   Link #113
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I really like Ayase's end song.

It sound like something right out of Clannad.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-06-24 at 16:13.
Old 2013-06-24, 14:23   Link #114
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwietiau01 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler about the original light novel:
Or his sister...
Old 2013-06-24, 21:07   Link #115
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

No one mentioned about the reason why Ayase interested Kyousuke back when they first met (as she admitted)?
  • he looks kind
  • is beloved Kirino's brother
  • want Kirino to becomes her little sister
... half of that world population have sister complex, don't they?
Old 2013-06-24, 22:36   Link #116
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Isn't this actually the point, though? That's exactly why Kuroneko was digging into her in the previous episode. Ayase was pretending that she had no interest in Kyousuke, yet there she was early that morning giving him a present out of the blue. And Ayase was also getting jealous that another girl was encroaching on her "claim" (particularly given that Kuroneko was Kyousuke's "former" girlfriend).

But this "hypocrisy" is basically why she had to be rejected. Kirino chose her to take care of Kyousuke because she claimed to hate him, but that was actually a lie. In fact, all of Ayase's relationship with Kyousuke was based on a lie that he offered to her, and she chose to use as a cover/mask for her true feelings. So she really did betray Kirino's trust to follow her feelings, and so her feelings couldn't be requited. Ayase's monologue right before the ending where she talks about hating lies despite being a liar is really the key turning point that foreshadows the ending of the episode.

Quote:
I think the key point is the passage of time. The encounter with Ayase at the end is, by his comment, one month after he completed the mock exam, and his mock exam was about a month after he was kicked out of the house. So it's most likely that he realized his true feelings sometime over the course of that time. I don't think you can take his comment to mean that he's realized that he's been in love with someone else that whole time, as if he already knew his true feelings he would not have given that answer to Kuroneko back in the previous episode.

So there isn't really any inconsistency in his behaviour, it's just that more time passed in the episode than you might notice at first glance, and things happened in the interim that aren't shown. Whatever his decision is about who he loves, he figured it out during this time span.
Old 2013-06-25, 01:02   Link #117
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I knew the Ayase ending was less likely in the anime but after hearing how the rejection all happened, I think perhaps I'll wait until the final episode before I watch the remaining episodes now....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2013-06-25, 05:25   Link #118
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Images

School Days ending? You mean like this one?!

No, no, no. That's not gonna happen.

I rather prefer an Amagami-like 'consolation' OVA special instead.

Oh man... I'm still being a sad panda whenever I recall back this episode ending, the bleeding heart of mine will come back to me again, even though I tried to forget it. I'm feeling a bit better, though. Well, call me a melodramatic if you guys want. But I really can't help myself that this episode made me feel like wanna sing an emo song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVe80iZtlYU
Well, don't really mind me to post this...

You have no idea how deep the wound I got after watching this episode. As if it was I who rejected her, and I took the rejection too personal. Damn... I can let this matter go, but I can barely forget it, because the scar was still there. Which means I have to bare this scar and move along with my life. Well... I guess love can be a serious matter in life sometimes.

After all, the reality is cruel... Cruel, but beautiful. C'est la Vie...

PS: These are the links to a MAD videos in commemoration of Kyousuke x Ayase relationship throughout the series. Enjoy.
http://nicoviewer.net/sm20610463
http://nicoviewer.net/sm20606275
Old 2013-06-25, 13:20   Link #119
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I've been on Kuroneko's team for a while...but now I feel sad for Ayase.
Old 2013-06-25, 20:46   Link #120
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Good episode. I'm not an ayase fan but I do enjoy her more than Kirino so that is a plus. I missed this other plot device being eluded to so may need to re-watch. Is it just me or does Kyousuke have no personality what so ever? Is it just me? >.>?
Closed Thread