AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-05-04, 17:43   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
She didn't age actually - she looks the same. I'm just saying what her real age is.

Oh, if you mean -why- she didn't, I think it's obviously the sakura tree. It's still in full bloom. I guess it must've come back to life shortly after DC, because Sakura doesn't look like she's aged even 3 or 4 years...then again, maybe it was there for longer, she looks just as loli in DCSV and DCSS so I guess she's not one to age well...or to age very well depending on how you look at it.
Well... speculation: the tree never really dies. It's not like Aisia's magic in S.S. actually revived the tree and killed it again, and Sakura's magic never really "killed" the tree the first time in season one of the anime (and it apparently it didn't "kill it dead" if Aisia could revive it again). The sakura bloom when people believe in/wish to the tree strongly enough, and the sacrifice of their selfishness is the only thing that causes the tree's petals to truly disappear. So, even though it wasn't in bloom, the sakura tree has been around all this time, and it's kept Sakura young - maybe it's keeping her alive for a reason, or maybe it's because it's what Sakura really wants deep down - who knows. For this game, it may be Sakura's wishing that brought the sakura petals back this time, it may be Yoshiyuki's, or it may be just everyone together... but the song never ends; it goes on forever, in an endless Da Capo... (talk about a marketing ploy )

(And, isn't it 53 years? Details, details...)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 17:58   Link #42
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Mm, Sakura did kill the tree at the end of DC, and in the game timeline, it never came back after that...and it IS in bloom now...

IIRC I think in DCSS, whether that's part of the timeline or not, Sakura did make a joke (or the show itself did, or something like that) about how she's slighty more grown up now, so I do think that with the tree dead, she should've grown up.

Besides, I don't see why Sakura would wish to be young still.

Questions, questions...

And yeah, yeah, it's 53 years, you nitpicky person, you.
Old 2006-05-04, 18:00   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Maybe there really isn't a reason behind it - or if there is, it'll probably be hidden behind yet another joke to do with her body.
Old 2006-05-04, 18:27   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
IIRC I think in DCSS, whether that's part of the timeline or not, Sakura did make a joke (or the show itself did, or something like that) about how she's slighty more grown up now, so I do think that with the tree dead, she should've grown up.
Sakura's wishful thinking?

And well, what I mean by "dead" is that it no longer has any magic power whatsoever, and it'd take a new "magic infusion" to revive it. A tree that doesn't bloom for 53 years would otherwise die and disappear, wouldn't it? I have to think that there's a bit of magic there, keeping it alive... just like it may have kept Sakura young... As you said, "questions, questions..."
Old 2006-05-04, 18:38   Link #45
◕‿‿◕

Mmhm. But I think that either way we can't really know when it was revived. For now, anyway.
Old 2006-05-04, 18:49   Link #46
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Mmhm. But I think that either way we can't really know when it was revived. For now, anyway.
True. Again, I can only speculate that the reason for the timing (two generations later) and the tree being in bloom again are probably connected, just as the tree being in bloom is intrinsically connected to the characters of the original D.C. If the tree came back shortly after the end of D.C., then why the time jump? More importantly, doesn't that devalue the killing of it in the first place? Again, obviously that's all just speculation... but speculation is all we have, for now...
Old 2006-05-04, 18:52   Link #47
◕‿‿◕

I also wonder what's with the generation in the middle. Maybe it's one of those convenient "no parents are ever around" again? And to keep the characters from the past generation they had to make them grandpas and grandmas.
Old 2006-05-04, 19:12   Link #48
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I also wonder what's with the generation in the middle. Maybe it's one of those convenient "no parents are ever around" again? And to keep the characters from the past generation they had to make them grandpas and grandmas.
Well, actually, I asked someone about that a little while ago, and he proposed that kids actually identify more with grandparents than with their parents. As you pointed out, the first game was also like that - no parents in sight (even Koyomi, who became a mother and was almost a "parental figure" in a sense, was Kotori's much-older sister). Maybe the two generation gap gives enough distance from the last cast (you don't want them to overshadow the new crew) while still having a strong possibility of connection in the timeline. If they talk about the "middle generation" at all, I'm guessing it'll only be by proxy. It is an interesting question, though... we'll see how they handle it.
Old 2006-05-04, 19:20   Link #49
◕‿‿◕

Maybe, I guess we'd find out soon enough, too.

The new cast seem to be all "new people" though...maybe Nanaka looks just like Kotori, Yume looks just like Nemu, Maika looks just like Mako and so on (actually that's it)...but they all seem to be "themselves" personality wise despite the connections (like Minatsu hating bananas ^^; ), and that's a good thing.

So I don't think the people from the last generation will overshadow the new cast even if they do end up having lots of influence in the storyline, since the new cast shines by itself.

I liked Koko too. She seems to be a pretty sweet, innocent airhead, certainly she'll have lots of comedy value. Nanaka is actually one of (if not -the-) my favourite stereotypes in all of bishoujo gaming - I think I might end up liking her even more than Kotori (I liked Natsuiro no Sunadokei's Mana, Ever17's Sara, etc.).
And Yume's funny and...what would you say, "lolicute"? . Otome? I think there's lots more to her than what we've seen...I still can't forget that 4koma ^^;. Oh and regarding Anzu, she's a little...scary.

Yeah...definitely the new characters are just as good and interesting as the originals, something I was slighty concerned about - whether they'd keep the quality that high character wise.
Old 2006-05-04, 21:00   Link #50
KBTKaiser

According to the Promo Movie, which is in itself a letter from Sakura to Junichi, she wishes Junichi and Nemu good luck as she heads back to America for a bit.

So yeah, Junichi and Nemu got hitched.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 22:09   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser
So yeah, Junichi and Nemu got hitched.
So thats where the idea from the anime came from. ^^;
Old 2006-05-05, 14:23   Link #52
KBTKaiser

To transcribe the letter in the promo movie...

Onii-chan he
nandaka irona koto ga atta ne.
Nagaiyouna Igaiyouna, Ima kangaeru to chotto fukuzatsuna kimochi.
Demo kore dake wa machigainai.
Minna to deaete totemo tanoshikatta.
....ehehe, nanka chotto hazukashiiya.
Arigatou.
Mou Amerika ni ikanakya....
Sayonara dane, onii-chan.
--zutto zutto sukiddattayo
Mou isshou ni irenaku nachau kedo,
kitto onii-chan nara daijoubu dayone.
Nemu-chan to shiawase ni natte ne.
Yakusoku da yo.
Boku zettai mata kaette kuru yo.
Sono toki mo aikawarazu, yasahii onii-chan de ite ne.
Sakura

Translation(to the best of my ability):
To Onii-chan(Junichi)
It seems alot has happened, hasn't it
It seems so long yet so short, I feel complicated while thinking about them.
But there is one thing for sure.
Meeting everyone was fun and worth it.
...ehehe, I kinda feel embarrassed.
Thank you.
I must go to America now...
I guess this is goodbye, onii-chan.
--I've always always liked you.
Even if we're not together,
I know that it will be alright because it's you.
Be happy with Nemu-chan.
Promise me.
I will return again.
At that time, be the kind onii-chan that's always there.
Sakura

I think that's accurate. Perhaps some kanji discrepancies, but it's all there
Old 2006-05-05, 15:23   Link #53
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Thanks for the transcription and translation KBTKaiser! Now that I think about it, that letter is almost exactly like the way D.C.S.S. started, except the letter's from Sakura instead of Nemu (a letter of "I'm going away, I love you, don't forget me" - except this one has a promise of return). So, I wonder if the new game is taking place around the time of Sakura's return? Interesting that she would say (paraphrase) "When I come back, be the kind onii-chan you always have been"... when she's the exact same Sakura she's always been. Very curious... Anyway, thanks again for the translation. This is shaping up to be a pretty interesting story, so far...
Old 2006-05-05, 16:42   Link #54
◕‿‿◕

I'm pretty sure Nemu did promise to come back in the game. Just that she never said when.
Old 2006-05-05, 18:26   Link #55
KBTKaiser

relentless, the letter at the beginning of DCSS is the very same letter that Junichi reads in the Nemu epilogue of the game, only Nemu yells at him afterward for reading it while she was still around. :3
Old 2006-05-05, 19:04   Link #56
◕‿‿◕

Yeah, when they meet at the tree after that, before she leaves. I think that's when she tells him she'd be back.
Old 2006-05-05, 19:10   Link #57
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yup I know - I was talking about the letter portion of it. I don't remember if she mentions in the letter that she'll be back, but yes, you're right, she does when they meet up. And this new letter from Sakura is pretty much the same sort of thing - although in the game she announced her departure in person, perhaps she left a letter as well?
Old 2006-05-06, 20:33   Link #58
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I was thinking, that maybe Nanaka is the daughter of Kotori's older sister's son. I think that's the simplest way a child related to Kotori could come out whilst retaining the Shirakawa name.
Old 2006-05-06, 21:02   Link #59
KBTKaiser

nah, Koyomi takes the husband's family name after all.
Old 2006-05-06, 22:15   Link #60
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh....

These sorts of things are really hard to figure out. Hmm.....

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel