AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-08-05, 03:03   Link #30421
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Providenceangle, how do we go about to paint over a Banshee to get gold plating effect?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 06:13   Link #30422
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Providenceangle, how do we go about to paint over a Banshee to get gold plating effect?
That all depends on you. You can buy gold paint fairly easily. If you want more of a chrome effect, you can go with Alclad II Chrome, with a clear yellow coat on top. I don't have any experience with it personally, but I've seen the results. They are very good. This is a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXK7d4mbUWM
You can get a "alright" result with, silver paint topped with transparent yellow.

Of course all this means, no flat clear coat. You must! Must! Use a gloss clear coat, or it will mute the surface. Making the metallic/chrome effects basically gone.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 09:52   Link #30423
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
At least 9000 yen. Who knows though.

If anyone is curious as to why the gold plastic(and most special colour plastics), look so bad. It's because they are cheap. Instead of using a gold plastic in the mold. They add a %(percentage) of the colour. You can save money by putting 4% black pellets into white or clear. It will cause that swirling though. Unless the mix is very well done, and the molding machines are very well calibrated. Even then you can and will get this ugly swirling. Where I used to work, we would scrap this... Can't believe Bandai just sell it, like this...

What did you expect? This kit is SUCH an obvious cash-in. Unicorn is Bandai's biggest cash-cow afterall.
Does this golden Unicorn even appear in the novels?

Also, my RG GP01 just went through customs. It left Japan yesterday, arrived in Germany this morning and was in customs for just 45 minutes. That is how I like it!
Does anyone have experiences with the kit already? Is it good or a flimsy POS?^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 10:04   Link #30424
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
What did you expect? This kit is SUCH an obvious cash-in. Unicorn is Bandai's biggest cash-cow afterall.

Also, my RG GP01 just went through customs. It left Japan yesterday, arrived in Germany this morning and was in customs for just 45 minutes. That is how I like it!
Does anyone have experiences with the kit already? Is it good or a flimsy POS?^^
From a review I saw, its pretty great. Only the upper torso and the shoulders are kinda loose becauseof the transformation.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 13:30   Link #30425
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
@Skye629 , ngeekhiong got the full review of the stand, you can check it out
Thanks! I just checked it out

My main concern now is the connection....it holds stuff by just grasping it? That does not seem very secure to me, how does the pincers work? IS there a way to tighten it? Or does it simply just close around the kit/figure manually then thats it?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 13:30   Link #30426
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post

I'm talking in general. Everyone is cheap. No matter what product it is. Bandai could at least put some more control into the base plastics. It's cheap to not try and make a good product is all.
Old 2013-08-05, 15:26   Link #30427
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the RG Strike Freedom means that we could see a newly released/RM Ver. of the Strike Freedom? The same applies to the Destiny?

For some reason, I'm really getting into the designs of Seed and Seed Destiny a lot these days. 00 is still my #1 of course, but I think Seed and Seed Destiny have some of the coolest looking designs. It has that UC-ish feel while having that AU (Alternate Universe) feel.

Oh and something I was wondering to see what others thought about.

With the HGAW Double X coming out, do you suppose that maybe we'll see Bandai doing MGs from X or is that even less likely than you know what MG I want?

I mean really all we need is:

X
X Divider
Double X
G-Falcon --> probably an online exclusive add on
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 16:29   Link #30428
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

god, a MG X-divider would be awesome.

Maybe they do something similar to the R1? they release the X with X divider parts aswell?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 17:12   Link #30429
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
god, a MG X-divider would be awesome.

Maybe they do something similar to the R1? they release the X with X divider parts as well?
That would sound cool since the 2 are mostly the same. Then I'd probably end up getting 2x of such a kit like I did with the Exia..

I got the regular MG Exia and the Ignition Mode version (and the Trans-Am)...ehehehe

I talked about this with others and most people just flat out told me that the odds of MGs from Gundam X is just impossible. =(
Old 2013-08-05, 18:25   Link #30430
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
That would sound cool since the 2 are mostly the same. Then I'd probably end up getting 2x of such a kit like I did with the Exia..

I got the regular MG Exia and the Ignition Mode version (and the Trans-Am)...ehehehe

I talked about this with others and most people just flat out told me that the odds of MGs from Gundam X is just impossible. =(
Why not just wait and see. On a general note... Yeah I don't see RM or 2.0 or anything else for Freedom, Strike Freedom, or any other seed kits. Already getting a RG Strike Freedom, and Ver Ka Sazabi... Just got 3.0 RX78. I would assume 3.0 Zaku would be the next remake.

And yes! Chances of MG DX is pretty much impossible. A failed, never finished anime, getting MG kits decades later... If it happens I'll eat some dirt.
Old 2013-08-05, 18:43   Link #30431
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Why not just wait and see. On a general note... Yeah I don't see RM or 2.0 or anything else for Freedom, Strike Freedom, or any other seed kits. Already getting a RG Strike Freedom, and Ver Ka Sazabi... Just got 3.0 RX78. I would assume 3.0 Zaku would be the next remake.
The reason why I wondered is because what the RG kits seem to be serving.

RG RX-78-2 --> MG RX-78-2 Ver. 3.0
* RG styling and detailing incorporate
* reusing the 2.0 parts and swapping out some parts like hands and adding in some detail update parts

RG Aile Strike --> MG Aile S trike RM Ver.
* reusing some things from MG Aile Strike (original)

RG Strike Rouge --> MG Strike Rouge Ootori
* reusing some things from MG Aile Strike Rouge (original)

With Gundam Seed HD finished not too long ago and Gundam Seed Destiny HD airing these days, I thought maybe that Bandai would be interested and do:

MG Freedom RM Ver.
* incorporate RG style and detail into MG form
* maybe blue parts for the rifle this time instead of a sticker
* finger swapping hands
* etc.

MG Justice
* we never got one but there's an RG

MG Strike Freedom RM Ver.
MG Force Impulse RM Ver.
MG Sword Impulse RM Ver.
MG Infinite Justice RM Ver.

MG Savior
MG Blat Impulse
Old 2013-08-05, 18:49   Link #30432
Providenceangle

Quote:

* reusing the 2.0 parts and swapping out some parts like hands and adding in some detail update parts

With Gundam Seed HD finished not too long ago and Gundam Seed Destiny HD airing these days, I thought maybe that Bandai would be interested and do:

MG Freedom RM Ver.
* finger swapping hands
* etc.

MG Justice

MG Strike Freedom RM Ver.
MG Force Impulse RM Ver.
MG Sword Impulse RM Ver.
MG Infinite Justice RM Ver.

MG Savior
MG Blat Impulse
Strike Rouge is because it's a colour swap. They will make the backpack (which is basically the aile pack) to help sell it.

MG Impulse is more then good enough, same with Sword Impulse. Infinite Justice is by far one of the best kits of the Seed destiny line... Strike freedom is even better then the freedom, which is already a damn good kit! Justice yes, it would be nice to get it, but I won't hold my breath. If any real grade that's come out, that needs a 2.0, it's the GP01. That kit needs a remake.

Bandai is looking for quick cash. They are focused on shareholders as well. They can't take risks because one person wants it... Yes you aren't alone, but it won't convince them. Not posting it here anyway.................

Another quick tip for people:

For the price of a HG, you can have markers to line your kits, in any colour! $23USD. I'm sure there is similar price in non NA countries.
Just cut the tip of the pens to a 45 degree angle. You can get into any tight spots with it.

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-08-05 at 19:43.
Old 2013-08-05, 20:26   Link #30433
RobotCat
In a Box

So I actually got this about 1 and a half weeks ago but didn't get around to unboxing it until now. This is the Elyn Hobby 1/100th scale NZ-666 Kshatriya and it was ridiculously expensive. The box is gigantic (you can compare it to a normal Bandai 1/100th scale box in the parts picture).

The color seems show accurate, but I probably want to coat it with a layer of paint since the show colors don't look that great on plastic. I'll probably practice on that Tieren I bought first though, as this would be a really expensive screw up if I did mess anything up.

There were also 2 parts missing (really tiny, almost missed them when I was inspecting parts) so I had to e-mail them to get them to re-ship them. I'm guessing I might also need to do some putty work to get everything to fit together based on some other reviews I've read, but I'm actually pretty familiar with sculpting with putty so it shouldn't be too bad.

RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 21:40   Link #30434
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I can see why a MG Kshatriya is probably never happening..LOL
Old 2013-08-05, 22:05   Link #30435
jimsbeanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
So I actually got this about 1 and a half weeks ago but didn't get around to unboxing it until now. This is the Elyn Hobby 1/100th scale NZ-666 Kshatriya and it was ridiculously expensive. The box is gigantic (you can compare it to a normal Bandai 1/100th scale box in the parts picture).

The color seems show accurate, but I probably want to coat it with a layer of paint since the show colors don't look that great on plastic. I'll probably practice on that Tieren I bought first though, as this would be a really expensive screw up if I did mess anything up.

There were also 2 parts missing (really tiny, almost missed them when I was inspecting parts) so I had to e-mail them to get them to re-ship them. I'm guessing I might also need to do some putty work to get everything to fit together based on some other reviews I've read, but I'm actually pretty familiar with sculpting with putty so it shouldn't be too bad.
I just recently started to try putting this together and oh boy, all sorts of problems are popping up.

Issues from missing pieces ( 2 on the head, 1 on the body & 1 on the frame), fitting problems with the LEDs, nasty clips on the nubs.....for the $160 price tag + $80 shipping I would say this kit isn't close to value for money of a bandai equivalent PG or MG.

QC on this kit was rubbish, Elyn should have put all the mirrored parts on runners, because the factory people who sorted the parts into the box don't paying attention at all!

Oh yeah there's also this https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...00045560_n.jpg
an update on mistakes in the manual construction, too bad i can't find a version thats high enough res to read the text

this kit just makes me want to ...weird since i don't have this same problem with resin kits...though really that's what this is a nicely repacked 1/72 resin kit
jimsbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 22:17   Link #30436
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsbeanz View Post
I just recently started to try putting this together and oh boy, all sorts of problems are popping up.

Issues from missing pieces ( 2 on the head, 1 on the body & 1 on the frame), fitting problems with the LEDs, nasty clips on the nubs.....for the $160 price tag + $80 shipping I would say this kit isn't close to value for money of a bandai equivalent PG or MG.

QC on this kit was rubbish, Elyn should have put all the mirrored parts on runners, because the factory people who sorted the parts into the box don't paying attention at all!

Oh yeah there's also this https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...00045560_n.jpg
an update on mistakes in the manual construction, too bad i can't find a version thats high enough res to read the text

this kit just makes me want to ...weird since i don't have this same problem with resin kits...though really that's what this is a nicely repacked 1/72 resin kit
That sucks. Unfortunately there aren't many choices when it comes to the NZ-666.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 23:09   Link #30437
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

Nooooo, They put the Ewac Zack Sleeves color version up as an Exclusive. I was hopeing they would make that in unicorn Sleeves colors. But as a normal release.
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...l#.UgB2k534DIU
Old 2013-08-06, 01:37   Link #30438
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsbeanz View Post

Wow, a $160 kit and there's still some missing parts? That sucks. Does that also happens when you buy other resin kits? I've never bought one before.

Anyway, thanks for sharing here, Cat & Jim .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonLightShadows View Post
Nooooo, They put the Ewac Zack Sleeves color version up as an Exclusive. I was hopeing they would make that in unicorn Sleeves colors. But as a normal release.
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...l#.UgB2k534DIU
You really like Ewac Zack, aren't you? Is it because of the head?
Old 2013-08-06, 01:41   Link #30439
Skye629

Quote:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD XD

and I thought the HG was a monster (nearly done with mine)

Quote:

MG Freedom RM Ver.
* finger swapping hands
* etc.

MG Justice
This is EXTREMELY baseless, if your logic was correct, then we'd be getting new Mk.2s, Zeta, GP-01, etc

Also that fact that RG RX78 was released 2? years PRIOR to the 3.0 have ZERO correlation other than the RX78 WILL be released in every scale FOLLOWED by the Char and Green Zakus

The only thing you got about 100% here is that the 3.0 RX78 is drawing from the RG Aesthetics, thats it

Strike in no way had anything of the sort other than the updated proportions/detail which is a given for almost any new/update kit. Rouge in both MG and RG cases is simple: Simple recolor and in the MG case a small change for the pack. Easy cash

A RM Freedom is probably not gonna happen as the proportions are still quite modern compared to Strikes 1.0, I could though see a chance for a 3.0 using the RG styling (though It would be odd skipping a 2.0)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 04:12   Link #30440
Zeydra
A random passerby

Been a while since I asked this question and it seems it's all I ever ask, I'm becoming a parrot.

So, I'm thinking of getting an order in with hlj for some attack on titan bookmarks, and was thinking of grabbing a kit with the order. Problem is that everything it seems is on order with nothing in stock, so I've settled for getting a delta plus master grade. The question, like a parrot (I'll not be asking this much more, I promise!) is how would a delta plus mg go for someone who's only built one master grade?
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy