AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2005-12-16, 20:22   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Question Bleach Q&A

This thread is for those with questions about the Bleach anime or manga. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads. And please don't ask things like asking who is stronger or more capable of winning a fight, only ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or manga.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about manga. Untagged manga spoilers are risking a ban. If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read the BB Code FAQ.

Please DO NOT quote entire posts; if you wish to refer to a previous post quote ONLY the parts relevant to your response. Please take care to quoting parts of the "Recovery" posts; they are large and we don't want them repeated in every subsequent post!

WARNING - Unmarked spoilers may be found in the "Recovery" posts due to the loss of BB Code information. You have been warned!

Original Thread Credit: NoSanninWa

Last edited by NightWish; 2005-12-16 at 22:53.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-16, 22:47   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Cool Recovered Thread Content [1]

Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2005-12-19 at 08:02.
Old 2005-12-16, 22:47   Link #3
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Cool Recovered Thread Content [2]

Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2005-12-19 at 07:52.
Old 2005-12-16, 22:48   Link #4
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Recovered Thread Content [3]

Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2005-12-19 at 07:53.
Old 2005-12-16, 22:49   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Cool Recovered Thread Content [4]

Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2005-12-19 at 07:53.
Old 2005-12-19, 06:34   Link #6
rukia82

Did Aizen know that Shunsui and Ukitake were going to save Rukia??
rukia82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 06:57   Link #7
Greatmaster B

I believe that Aizen planed this from the start in order to get the Hougyoku. He must have known that Shunsui and Ukitake would try to free Rukia and that Yama-yii would fight against his two students. Only that way Aizen could be sure not to have to fight against the 10 remaining Captains at the same time during Rukia's execution to get the Hougyoku from Rukia.
Greatmaster B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 15:14   Link #8
sanghyun1990
상현

Meaing of Ban in Bankai

I don't get the meaing of Ban. It is symbol of Budhist, I know this because I am a Budhist. So I don't get the meaing.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-12-19 at 15:32. Reason: Threads merged. Straightforward Questions seeking Answers go in the Q&A thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 15:31   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is also a Japanese word meaning "final." In this instance it means "final release."

If someone whose knowlege of the language exceeds my own sees the need to expand upon this explanation, please feel free.

As for the kanji, while it is a swastika, it doesn't have the same meaning in this usage as it does in Budhist usage, though when it isn't being a kanji, it does have a similar meaning. This symbol actually exists in nearly every culture from Native American to Japanese, so don't be surprised to see it pop up in strange places.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 15:41   Link #10
sanghyun1990
상현

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It is also a Japanese word meaning "final." In this instance it means "final release."

If someone whose knowlege of the language exceeds my own sees the need to expand upon this explanation, please feel free.

As for the kanji, while it is a swastika, it doesn't have the same meaning in this usage as it does in Budhist usage, though when it isn't being a kanji, it does have a similar meaning. This symbol actually exists in nearly every culture from Native American to Japanese, so don't be surprised to see it pop up in strange places.
Thank you for the telling me this and sorry for forgeting to post on Q&A thead. Also swastika is opposite direction
left one is ban and right one is the swastika.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 15:45   Link #11
FlyMoto

nm... i'm wrong

Last edited by FlyMoto; 2005-12-20 at 16:07.
FlyMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 16:03   Link #12
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghyun1990
Thank you for the telling me this and sorry for forgeting to post on Q&A thead. Also swastika is opposite direction
left one is ban and right one is the swastika.
Thank you. I was a little bit inaccurate with that regards. The clockwise symbol is a swastika while the counter-clockwise symbol is called a manji. Like the swastika it also has spiritual meaning.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-20, 04:27   Link #13
real folk blues..

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-12-20 at 05:45.
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 05:46   Link #14
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:

Old 2005-12-20, 14:26   Link #15
brad_le
Sleeper RX-7

Spoiler for manga:
brad_le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 18:59   Link #16
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_le
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler:
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 21:24   Link #17
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_le
Spoiler for manga:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L
Spoiler:
Adding what [DOT].L said..
Spoiler:
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 20:26   Link #18
Tapp Zaddaz
Banned

I just started watching the show and I am up to ep 27 and there are 3 things I want to know.

1-Why is the show called Bleach?

2-Does that girl that hang out with Orihime have romantic feelings for her?(and I don't mean the obvious lesbian girl)

3-Is Ichigo's father like lusting after his younger sisters or is it just me misinterperting his over the top parental love?
Tapp Zaddaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 20:37   Link #19
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp Zaddaz
I just started watching the show and I am up to ep 27 and there are 3 things I want to know.

1-Why is the show called Bleach?

2-Does that girl that hang out with Orihime have romantic feelings for her?(and I don't mean the obvious lesbian girl)

3-Is Ichigo's father like lusting after his younger sisters or is it just me misinterperting his over the top parental love?
1- The show's name has been debated many times. Some people think it is because of Ichigo's hair. Other's think it is because Tite Kubo was a huge Nirvana fan. I'm not sure if the thread is still around, considering everything was deleted.

2-Do you mean Tatsuki? No...theres only one lesbian in the show (as far as I am aware) and its the girl (not sure of her name). They're just really really good friends who care for each other

3- Ichigo's father is ...weird..its just comedy
Souzouryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 21:45   Link #20
degeros
Sinner

Was Ichigo under the effects of Aizen's shikai when the latter blocked the former's blade with one finger? Aizen's absolute hypnosis only works when the person has witnessed his shikai, and Ichigo has not seen the release. Or has he?
degeros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a