AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-01, 12:30   Link #961
charlieparrot

Will I get shot down for linking to my Ebay auction of a Higurashi DS game? Having trouble finding a buyer in UK as it's completely in Japanese, so hoping for international one ^^"
Old 2012-07-01, 18:44   Link #962
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

You can post a picture of the game, say that you're offering to sell a completely Japanese version off the game, and then tell people to private message you if they are interested.

Animesuki does tend to look down on out-and-out advertisement.
Old 2012-07-02, 03:06   Link #963
charlieparrot

Thanks Dante of the Inferno!

I'm selling a Higurashi DS game in Japanese on Ebay. Please PM me if you're interested.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...1/P7020363.jpg

If any Admins are unhappy with me posting this here please PM or email me via my account address and I will be happy to remove it. Thank you.
Old 2012-07-02, 05:51   Link #964
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Oooh, if I knew Kanji and had money, I would buy it from you in a flash.
But sadly, I lack both money and knowledge in foreign language. T^T
Old 2012-07-02, 05:54   Link #965
charlieparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Maddy View Post
Oooh, if I knew Kanji and had money, I would buy it from you in a flash.
But sadly, I lack both money and knowledge in foreign language. T^T
XD I bought it and then MangaGamer released a European-compatible CD hard copy of both arcs >.< I was planning to slowly translate it.Quite hard considering they don't teach words like "dismembered" or "mutilated" in Japanese class XD Lol!
Old 2012-07-02, 09:11   Link #966
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

You really should try and translate it for us fans who don't know much Japanese.
Old 2012-07-04, 14:13   Link #967
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Anyone else bothered by the Siren Visual box art having having the full "Naku" of the title red, rather than just the "Na"?

^the pics btw
Old 2012-07-04, 16:18   Link #968
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Anyone else bothered by the Siren Visual box art having having the full "Naku" of the title red, rather than just the "Na"?

^the pics btw
Why does the first season have a scene from Kai and kai have a scene from the first season?

Or are both Kai?
Old 2012-07-04, 19:18   Link #969
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:

^the pics btw
Nah I'm not that bothered. If anything, I'm glad it's finally getting a DVD release. Because I can finally buy them. ^-^
Old 2012-07-04, 20:17   Link #970
Joly
モエカステル

I believe they're both Kai.

Eh, I just don't really like the box design overall... but at least it's getting a DVD release.
Old 2012-07-04, 20:34   Link #971
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

I prefer Siren Visual's first season box art. Looks a lot better.
Old 2012-07-05, 01:54   Link #972
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seronei View Post
Quote:

^the pics btw
Why does the first season have a scene from Kai and kai have a scene from the first season?

Or are both Kai?

Both scenes are technically from Season 2. The artwork recounts Oiishi's account of the School incident in the first episode of Kai, titled "Reunion." Of course, the weird irony is that I believe the artwork itself is in fact from season 1. Still, it's great to see Rika on the cover like that. Hopefully they release the other covers as well, in the classic reverse-sleeve design.

EDIT: My mistake, BOTH pieces are taken directly from Season 2 artwork:

Spoiler for Rena's Full Picture:

Last edited by Dante of the Inferno; 2012-07-05 at 02:51.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:12   Link #973
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
I did read the article. I mean that it won't be called "When They Cry: Higurashi
I never understood why that decided to call it When They Cry: Higurashi. The proper translation is "When the Cicada's Cry". Its like they tried to both translate the title and not translate it at the same time!
Old 2012-07-11, 02:04   Link #974
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
I never understood why that decided to call it When They Cry: Higurashi. The proper translation is "When the Cicada's Cry". Its like they tried to both translate the title and not translate it at the same time!
I have a feeling it's because "Higurashi" had already become such a recognizable title that to completely translate the title as "When the Cicadas Cry," would lose most of the brand recognition. Case in point, google "When the Cicadas Cry" and you'll pull up a bunch of stuff, some of which points to Higurashi. Google "Higurashi" and you'll pull up everything from the franchise for several pages.

Besides, dubbers and subbers alike just refer to the story as Higurashi. It's just easier that way.
Old 2012-07-13, 19:01   Link #975
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
I'm gunna assume it derives from the fact that the original title (ie logo) includes "When they Cry" as the tagline. Higurashi and Umineko fall under that as the franchise so its probably following the logic of "Franchise: Series tag". Umineko would likely be "When they Cry: Umineko"
Old 2012-11-01, 15:04   Link #976
ichigo_m
Melting - Just because I

Send a message via AIM to ichigo_m Send a message via Yahoo to ichigo_m
I finally got my hands on Megahouse Shion/Mion. She's is beautiful!
Old 2012-12-25, 22:08   Link #977
RandomAvatarFan

I have a question. I know it's against the rules to discuss bootlegged items, but all I want to know is whether I have is actually bootlegged to begin with.

In an attempt to get me Umineko for Christmas, my dad accidentally ordered season one of the Higurashi Anime. It was a bit of a surprise to see it, knowing the licensing issues that happened recently with the US releases. What he got is a two disc set of the whole first season which includes:

Japanese and English Audio
English, Chinese, and Malay Subtitles.

The box art seems to be a hodgepodge of the different media; the cover resembles something from the manga, the back looks like it was done in the style of Kai, and the images of Keiichi and Rena on the sides look similar to Daybreak. This hodgepodge in of itself doesn't worry me; even official releases here have done stuff before.

The DVDs are also region free.

Is this an official release from overseas, (which I would assume to be cheaper than trying to get it here, because even the FUNi's veridian edition which I got for around 20~30 bucks is now closer to 200 on Amazon) or is this just a cheap bootleg? I know it's not FUNi's/Geneon's releases because I actually have it already, but the fact that this "release" also has English Dubbing and it is not FUNi/Geneon makes me think it might be a little... dubious.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2012-12-25, 22:27   Link #978
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

I'm almost sure you have a very well-worked on bootleg. It isn't unheard of these kind of things happening, especially considering it is region free. From where your father ordered it? This might help sheding an absolute truth on the matter.
Old 2012-12-25, 23:03   Link #979
RandomAvatarFan

I found the site is a place called "Playtech-Asia".

It also has DVDs of Kai and Rei for sale that are "Frequently Purchased Together". They are subtitled, but not dubbed... what a surprise.

I hope his credit card is okay...

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2012-12-27, 01:40   Link #980
~Pyro~
Dimension Drifter

I've seen those DVDs before, they are bootlegged. In an attempt to order Higurashi Kira (I didn't know it wasn't officially been released) I ended up with a region free bootlegged, English/Chinese/Malay DVD. After looking around after I ordered the DVD, I found out that Playtech-Asia has quite a bit of bootlegged anime. The "official seal" is from "the government board of authenticity" and not from an actual company.
As far as I know, the purchase shouldn't mess with a credit account.

"Men make gods. The mind of Man is so powerful that it can make "real" anything it desperately needs to be real"
~Bowgentle, The Quest for Tanelorn, Michael Moorcock
Closed Thread