AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-26, 23:59   Link #981
Eab1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Ah, speaking of patches, does anyone know if there's a patch for typo corrections? Out of all the games I've played, this is the one game where all the typos really bothered me, so I was wondering if such a patch existed.
I know of a certain someone who was interested in creating such a patch.

Spoiler:
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 00:24   Link #982
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Well, mission success with You. Quite the ironic route to end with in a way. So, I'll be finishing up Coco's later on. F3 is my friend
Old 2009-12-27, 00:53   Link #983
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Well, mission success with You. Quite the ironic route to end with in a way. So, I'll be finishing up Coco's later on. F3 is my friend
Take it slow with Coco. There will be one hell of atomic bombs waiting.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 01:08   Link #984
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Take it slow with Coco. There will be one hell of atomic bombs waiting.
Heh, I can only F3 the stuff I've already seen. I am going at my usual slowpoke pace of listening to *every* new piece of dialogue. Damn You's took a long time.
Old 2009-12-27, 01:14   Link #985
dsp2003

GundamAce,
Spoiler:
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 08:07   Link #986
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp2003 View Post
GundamAce,
Spoiler:
It's alright, I really don't need a patch like that. I was merely curious whether or not it existed or not, and I can get along just fine with the typos. Thanks for all your help, though.

And SageGaiGar, well, just prepare yourself in Coco's route. You're in for one hell of a shockfest. There were many moments in this route where I literally had to stop playing for 20 seconds to recover from the shock, and the route was so shocking I finished it all in one sitting (started at 7:00 P.M., didn't stop playing until it was over at 5:30 A.M.)
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 08:20   Link #987
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Ah, I can't install the patch because apparently I don't the program necessary to open it. dsp2003, what program do I need to open the patch?
Old 2009-12-27, 08:32   Link #988
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Heh, I can only F3 the stuff I've already seen. I am going at my usual slowpoke pace of listening to *every* new piece of dialogue. Damn You's took a long time.
Ever17 was a VN where I read everything on each playthrough even if it was shared over several routes.

It's always fun to go back over a route and notice certain things that had been said but never explained that don't make sense until you've finished it once already.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 08:40   Link #989
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Ever17 was a VN where I read everything on each playthrough even if it was shared over several routes.

It's always fun to go back over a route and notice certain things that had been said but never explained that don't make sense until you've finished it once already.
I remember experiencing a very painful version of that when I read a certain part of the game for a second time.

Spoiler for Ever 17 spoilers:
Old 2009-12-27, 13:20   Link #990
dsp2003

GundamAce, if you're talking about the Voice patch, then first you'll have to install BitTorrent client (uTorrent will do the thing) and download it (1 Gigabyte). The patch is made with NSIS, it's an self-installer.
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 13:26   Link #991
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Alright, it's downloading now. Thanks!

EDIT: Finished installing. Wow, the voices sound so much clearer now! I had no idea the original PC quality was so low until I installed the patch. Thanks for making the patch, dsp2003!

Last edited by GundamAce; 2009-12-27 at 14:32.
Old 2009-12-27, 14:41   Link #992
Eab1990

Quote:
I remember experiencing a very painful version of that when I read a certain part of the game for a second time.

Spoiler for Ever 17 spoilers:
Aw, damn, I forgot about that.

Spoiler:

On another note...

Interesting, someone added the two manga to MAL. I wonder if my advertising these past few months helped~

Then again, I could've just added it in myself, if I weren't so lazy. >_>

http://myanimelist.net/manga/16190/E...ogy_Collection
http://myanimelist.net/manga/16193/E...the_deep_place

In any case, I can finally add Coco to my list of favorite characters, so yay.

Last edited by Eab1990; 2009-12-27 at 15:17.
Old 2009-12-27, 15:28   Link #993
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

The manga pages have actually been there for at least a month, since I checked it after I finished the game. Were they not there for a while or something? Either way, I already marked myself up as "Completed", though I guess now I too can add the Ever17 characters into my favorites.

Spoiler for Ever17:
Old 2009-12-27, 15:58   Link #994
Eab1990

Quote:
The manga pages have actually been there for at least a month, since I checked it after I finished the game. Were they not there for a while or something? Either way, I already marked myself up as "Completed", though I guess now I too can add the Ever17 characters into my favorites.

Spoiler for Ever17:
It seems to be the case that it was only up there since late this September, since that was when the first person added it to their list. And apparently, I posted the manga here on the 13th, so just maybe...

And I need to rewatch the scene in question again sometime, since my memory is blanking on stuff I should've remembered not too long ago.
Old 2009-12-28, 00:13   Link #995
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eab1990 View Post
It seems to be the case that it was only up there since late this September, since that was when the first person added it to their list. And apparently, I posted the manga here on the 13th, so just maybe...

And I need to rewatch the scene in question again sometime, since my memory is blanking on stuff I should've remembered not too long ago.
Yeah, that must be the case. How did you find the manga and Drama CDs anyway? Did you download it off some torrent or something?

Last edited by GundamAce; 2009-12-28 at 06:54.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:03   Link #996
Eab1990

Quote:
Yeah, that must be the case. How did you find the manga and Drama CDs anyway? Did you download it off some torrent or something?
The manga was on /rs/. I salvaged the Rapidshare link a while back, and when that link died, I reuploaded it. Quite lucky on my part.

The drama CDs... Actually, I first found out about it on here. When I found out there were more, I posted about it on GameFAQs, and Then00bavenger (the translator of the Sunflower devs, FYI) pointed them out on Nico Nico Douga. Then I used Nicosound to lift the audio.

I think I remember seeing the CDs somewhere else on some torrent, but as I was just starting out visual novels at the time (and didn't even know what a drama CD was either), I think I deleted them. I thought said torrent was the Hirameki Complete Collection, but it doesn't seem to be in that one.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:32   Link #997
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Wow, that was pretty smart with what you did with Nicosound and the manga. It's a good thing you posted about it, otherwise we may not have been able to enjoy the manga right now.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:33   Link #998
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, Eab, I'm just curious, but when did you beat this game anyway? It sounds like you've been a fan of Ever17 for a while.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:48   Link #999
Eab1990

Quote:
Wow, that was pretty smart with what you did with Nicosound and the manga. It's a good thing you posted about it, otherwise we may not have been able to enjoy the manga right now.
Why, thank you.

I've used the same audio lifting technique with YouTube, if only to make use of the limited space I have on my flash drive, so I can listen to as much songs as I can on my cell phone. I don't listen to nearly enough music to bother to get an iPod/Phone/Touch/whatever it is these days, you see. >_>

Quote:
Oh, Eab, I'm just curious, but when did you beat this game anyway? It sounds like you've been a fan of Ever17 for a while.
I bought the game in July 2007 at Otakon (just before Hirameki went bankrupt, so I was lucky and got it cheap), and finished it in September (I didn't start until August, though). I'm not exactly a veteran, so to speak, but yeah, I've had the game for a while.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:53   Link #1000
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Where did you hear about the game anyway? I remember finding out about it when I was randomly looking on Wikipedia, and it sounded interesting, so I looked into it for a few months before I bought it (fortunately, I forgot most spoilers I might have learned, though I still remembered one or two when playing it.)

EDIT: BTW, I've just noticed this board has hit 1,000 posts!

Tags
visual novel