AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-09, 14:44   Link #21
janipani

Luffy really knows how take away all the credibility of some ones words. Haha..

Great chapter...

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2011-03-09, 14:46   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The fact that we didn't see Sanji's reaction to Shirahoshi though just heard it is genius . What a cliffhanger!
Old 2011-03-09, 14:51   Link #23
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Hodi filling palace with water was pretty clever move since fishmen are atleast 10x strong underwater
If you forgive my nitpicking.... While Fishmen's movements are unhampered by the water and they can breathe under water (while humans, in comparison, are obstructed by the water and can't breathe under water), the difference between a submerged Fishmen and one on land isn't quite so drastic as you propose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen: chapter 86, page 9
Kuroobi: (swish)
Hah... How naive. Your kick power is halved underwater.
But "Fishman Karate" loses none of its power down here...
In fact, some moves are twice as strong!!
Kaisoku!!
"Harakudashi-geri"!!! (Water Accelerated Laxative Kick)
Old 2011-03-09, 15:01   Link #24
Rainbowman

Zoro vs. Hordi Jones? No arguments here. As for my predictions for the next chapter or so, Nami would use an attack she learned to kill Hordi much like Doctor Manhatten vaporizing Rorschach.
Old 2011-03-09, 15:01   Link #25
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I doubt Luffy will sit out of a fight. Thats just not possible for the main character to not fight the main villian of the arc which I assume is Decken.
Old 2011-03-09, 15:30   Link #26
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Finally, the action starts. Can't wait to see what Zoro's picked up from Mihawk. Poor Sanji, can't even enjoy women who are actually attracted to him, and give his current track record on the island Shirahoshi will be for him what Hancock is for Luffy. I liked the chapter cover, showing Kuina's grave. It was a nice touch showing how far Zoro's come and how much further he's determined to go.
Old 2011-03-09, 15:35   Link #27
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Looks like I was right about Hodi flooding the palace, lets see if the 3 princes' show up next chapter to give Zoro a hand.
Old 2011-03-09, 15:53   Link #28
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Finally, the action starts. Can't wait to see what Zoro's picked up from Mihawk. Poor Sanji, can't even enjoy women who are actually attracted to him, and give his current track record on the island Shirahoshi will be for him what Hancock is for Luffy. I liked the chapter cover, showing Kuina's grave. It was a nice touch showing how far Zoro's come and how much further he's determined to go.
he'll probably split the sea or cut thru H2O and separate the H from the O and create oxygen for him to breathe.
Old 2011-03-09, 17:51   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eh, looks like Hodi is stronger than I thought. I still think he's a lame villain though. Flooding the palace was a smart move, he would have been raped by Zoro in a matter of seconds otherwise. Can't wait to see how strong Zoro's training has made him. I doubt he'll lose to Hodi even underwater. I don't think he'll win either, it's a bit too soon for Hodi to be defeated. I predict the Princes will interrupt the fight.
Old 2011-03-09, 17:55   Link #30
Paraden1989

I bet Sanji and Van Drecken will get into a fight at first, then latter Luffy will fight him
Old 2011-03-09, 18:32   Link #31
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So did anyone find said "easter egg" on the cover page?

On another note, even with all Zoro's training, I think all he can do underwater is block against Hodi, maybe get in some new moves, but ultimately have to retreat due to lack of air.
Old 2011-03-09, 20:47   Link #32
Xacual

I'm expecting Zoro to still have the upper hand which will piss off Hodi and making him start using his pills. I'm expecting him to basically have to keep chain using the pills because the straw hats end up being too strong for him to win without them, ending with him basically overdosing on them and going on a rampage.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-09, 21:20   Link #33
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
If you forgive my nitpicking.... While Fishmen's movements are unhampered by the water and they can breathe under water (while humans, in comparison, are obstructed by the water and can't breathe under water), the difference between a submerged Fishmen and one on land isn't quite so drastic as you propose.
Actually, even if you discount the in-manga mechanics and the attacks getting stronger, logically the fishmen get stronger in water.

1) Their movements are not just unhampered by the water, but they should be able to move faster in water than on land
2) They are able to swim everywhere and have control of their movements all the time. A good analogy may be the air step skills by CP9. It allows them freedom of movement even in the air where others will be unable to move beyond a normal trajectory. Except that for the fishmen in water, the advantage is more pronounced because they are able to move around using their hands too. Of course, humans can do so in water too, but the effectiveness is much much lower.
Old 2011-03-10, 03:52   Link #34
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So did anyone find said "easter egg" on the cover page?
I think easter egg will be hidden in next volume cover.
Old 2011-03-10, 10:48   Link #35
golgo13

the shot of zoro under water is killer
Old 2011-03-10, 15:16   Link #36
marvelB

Back to Zoro vs. Hody: I kinda think that Jones will have a slight advantage over the pirate hunter for this particular clash. After all, fish-people's strength increase when they fight underwater, as was already mentioned (just compare Jinbei's land attacks to his ocean-based ones for the best example). And when the ES drugs are added to the equation, well.... Hody would probably be nigh-unstoppable at that point. Again, I still don't see Zoro losing (he should definitely be able to hold off Jones for a while before the princes/Nami/whoever stops the fight), but he might have a bit of trouble if he fights underwater for too long (that is, unless he's like Guybrush Threepwood and can hold his breath for a full 10 minutes )......
Old 2011-03-10, 16:41   Link #37
miggy031689

i cant really say that zoro is gonna get manhandled or zoro is gonna 1 hit K.O. hodi....cause remember almost all of the elite guards are so proud of neptunes strength but zoro managed to defeat him easily... plus it would be boring for zoro to get beaten by a fishman not even a level of shichibukai easily when they havent even reached the new world yet
Old 2011-03-10, 16:46   Link #38
miggy031689

sanji's gonna die!!! thats the biggest boobies his ever seen
Old 2011-03-10, 16:50   Link #39
Slayerx

Personally i'm hoping that the fight will play out evenly until the one of the princes jumps in to fight hodi himself... Zoro can't win since hodi needs to be one of the last people to be taken down; hell after this chapter if not luffy i'd actually think it would be fun to see nami take him down. However, if Zoro were to loose his first fight since the timeskip i feel like it would only serve to make him look bad despite how badly the situation is stacked against him. So i'm hoping the fight will be interrupted while both of them are still in good fighting condition with the only reason Zoro doesn't keep fighting is because he needs to take a breath and/or has more important things to do.
Old 2011-03-11, 02:10   Link #40
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 617
That was a good chapter. Finally Zoro facing off with one of the captains. I always thought he would battle Vander Decken. But Hodi is good enough. This is the first time that Luffy and Zoro both battled a captain. This is a change in the formula which straw hat battle which. Hodi is going to need all the help he can get.

Zoro
Hopefully the battle give us a glimpse of Mihawk's fighting sword capabilities. I also wonder how much has Zoro's sword styles has changed? He usually takes blows for blow but hopefully his skill has gotten good enough were he no longer gets touched. I wonder if Zoro can use Haki too? If he does I hope he uses it in this battle.

Haki Users in Strawhat or at least know of its existence?
If you look there are possibilities that Zoro (Mihawk), Sanji (Ivanko), Robbin (revolutionary and possible Dragon, and Franky (Dr Vega punk's Research) have knowledge of Haki now.
Closed Thread