AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-13, 04:23   Link #2261
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I don't care about rumors, I deal only on facts. He was shocked that Suzumura married Sakamoto. A guy then started flaming him at which point he started an argument. I don't expect writers and Directors to be Saints and deal with people in a level headed manner.
Can you blame us ? Fukuda start off with this mindless twit that can be easily taken as an insult. And then stood by his word with some nonsensical philosophy talk after somebody retaliates, instead of him backing down and apologising.

It's basically Fukuda giving his detractors an excuse to trash him further and later strengthened the argument aganist him with his respond. Things are not exactly looking good on him here.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2011-08-13 at 04:38.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 04:43   Link #2262
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

It sounds bad for the fans that liked Shinn and wished he had a crucial role in the movie... if it ever happens.
Old 2011-08-13, 11:05   Link #2263
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Can you blame us ? Fukuda start off with this mindless twit that can be easily taken as an insult. And then stood by his word with some nonsensical philosophy talk after somebody retaliates, instead of him backing down and apologising.

It's basically Fukuda giving his detractors an excuse to trash him further and later strengthened the argument aganist him with his respond. Things are not exactly looking good on him here.
But here's the thing you can only take it as an insult if you believe the rumors that Fukuda was vindictive against Shin's VA which effected how Shin was written instead of the obvious answer that Shin's role was changed due to Kira' and Lacus' massive popularity. If you don't believe that rumor than the tweet becomes "I didn't see that coming".
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 11:17   Link #2264
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... yeah. I agree with (and I can't believe the words are coming out of my mouth) Charred Knight on this. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone being surprised over a sudden marriage. Sounds like you guys are making a big deal out of this over nothing.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2011-08-13 at 11:39.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 14:48   Link #2265
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Basically it all originated from the rumored friction FATkuda had with Suzumura on the set of Destiny, thus making FATkuda's latest twitter post sounded as if he was implying that it was impossible for Sakamoto to have sat her eyes on Suzumura.

If I was Suzumura, I think I'd be offended.

- Tak
I think I'd be much more offended if someone were to intentionally misspell my name (like you're doing to Fukuda) than if someone were to be surprised that I actually got married to a beautiful woman.

And at least Fukuda admitted that he was mistaken about that.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 15:07   Link #2266
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
And at least Fukuda admitted that he was mistaken about that.
Uh, no he didn't. He basically replied by giving the finger, using an excuse about making his judgment based on his own values. Take a pause and think about what that means.

Then he proceeded on dragging in the recent quake as an excuse for him being in the mood that he is in now. There is no apology or admission of mistake.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-08-13 at 15:31.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 17:11   Link #2267
monster

Quote:
Uh, no he didn't.
Uh, yes he did. I was talking about the first tweet.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:13   Link #2268
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
But here's the thing you can only take it as an insult if you believe the rumors that Fukuda was vindictive against Shin's VA which effected how Shin was written instead of the obvious answer that Shin's role was changed due to Kira' and Lacus' massive popularity. If you don't believe that rumor than the tweet becomes "I didn't see that coming".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... yeah. I agree with (and I can't believe the words are coming out of my mouth) Charred Knight on this. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone being surprised over a sudden marriage. Sounds like you guys are making a big deal out of this over nothing.
......Perhaps my interpretation was a little too polite here. My apologies. A much more literal translation would be
Quote:
During Destiny, I know Maaya was very close to Mr ______. And now she is getting married to Suzumura. That's quite surprising here.
It's implying Maaya as a "used good" out in the open. You don't really need to bring out a bride past escapade with another man when she got hitched recently even if that is true.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:24   Link #2269
Tak

Quote:
Uh, yes he did. I was talking about the first tweet.
There were no apology or admission of mistake The first tweet, he basically stated, and I quote the original statement "So its Suzumura. Oh my, that was beyond my expectations..." It also doesn't help that he emphasized it twice!

His mistake was to imply negative things about Suzumura and Sakamoto, which he should apologize and/or admit he had made a mistake in regards to making that implication.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:28   Link #2270
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Well, can we have the director of Stargazer to take over the GS series now? xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 17:31   Link #2271
monster

Quote:
There were no apology or admission of mistake The first tweet, he basically stated, and I quote the original statement "So its Suzumura. Oh my, that was beyond my expectations..."
Regardless, that statement itself was quite harmless. Certainly much less than intentionally misspelling a person's name, which was my point to begin with.

Now he may have implied negative things with subsequent tweets (I don't know), but anybody who would call him out on that first tweet is just making a big deal out of nothing. Seriously, so what if someone didn't expect that two people would get together? It's not like he was their close friend or something.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:38   Link #2272
Tak

Quote:
Certainly much less than intentionally misspelling a person's name, which was my point to begin with.
He deserved it since 04, I won't change my mind on that until he redeems himself. Then again, it doesn't look like its happening anytime soon.

Quote:
anybody who would call him out on that first tweet is just making a big deal out of nothing.
His second tweet, when he attempted to justify his 1st statement by resorting to personal values, only served to fuel the fire. Had he kept his mouth shut after the first tweet, or said something like "oh, I didn't mean to be harmful", then there would be no subsequent reaction.

Anyway, if you don't get it, you don't get it. I can't explain it to you.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-08-13 at 18:04.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:54   Link #2273
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Now he may have implied negative things with subsequent tweets (I don't know), but anybody who would call him out on that first tweet is just making a big deal out of nothing. Seriously, so what if someone didn't expect that two people would get together? It's not like he was their close friend or something.
.....How will you feel if you just married that cute girl in the ofiice. And then out of now where, you boss tweet that he knew you wife was seeing one of your co-workers in the past, but it's anyone but you, out on the Internet ?
Old 2011-08-13, 18:01   Link #2274
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
.....How will you feel if you just married to that cute girl in the ofiice. And then out of now where, you boss tweet that he knew you wife was seeing one of your co-workers in the past, but it's anyone but you, out on the Internet ?
If I was in a relationship with her at the time, then I would confront her (to know if it's true). So I would actually like to know about stuff like that.

If I was not in a relationship with her, then I would respect that she is an adult woman who has her own life. Her past relationships don't really matter to me compared to our current relationship. Especially since we are now married. So that tweet would not mean much.
Old 2011-08-13, 18:22   Link #2275
Tak

.................................................. ................................................

Alright, thats it folks, moving on... moving on...

- Tak

Old 2011-08-13, 18:23   Link #2276
Charred Knight

Quote:
He deserved it since 04, I won't change my mind on that until he redeems himself. Then again, it doesn't look like its happening anytime soon.

His second tweet, when he attempted to justify his 1st statement by resorting to personal values, only served to fuel the fire. Had he kept his mouth shut after the first tweet, or said something like "oh, I didn't mean to be harmful", then there would be no subsequent reaction.

Anyway, if you don't get it, you don't get it. I can't explain it to you.

- Tak
So you're going to continue to insult a guy because he made anime you didn't like?

We don't know what went on during the production of Gundam Seed Destiny, outside of the fact that Morosawa had a problem turning in the scripts on time. Did Fukuda have a problem with the actors? I have no idea. Was Sakamoto dating someone else at the time? I have no idea, no one is really talking about what happened with Gundam Seed Destiny.

All we know about the delay of the movie is that it has to do with Morosawa getting ill.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 18:26   Link #2277
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:

If I was not in a relationship with her, then I would respect that she is an adult woman who has her own life. Her past relationships don't really matter to me compared to our current relationship. Especially since we are now married. So that tweet would not mean much.
It's good to know you are willing to accept the fact that your future wife as she is, even if she had a serious fling with another man in the past. With just about everyone in the world knowing it.

But somethings are better left unsaid as a mark of respect. Fukuda is in a position where he had the confidence and trust of the people working under him. Be it business or personal. He is expected to keep secrets and not reveal it unless necessary.

But with that tweet, he had abused his powers. And that is what pissing people off now.
Old 2011-08-13, 23:19   Link #2278
Washu-Chan