AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-30, 23:29   Link #10581
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

Men puzzle me all the time, even so they are more easy to understand Way simpler, still a mystery sometimes.
Granted, often it's just me ovethinking things, but that only goes for guys I'm dating
I always like to keep my mystery aura, but I'm just to strait forward at times. lol It's definately harder to figure out your crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Haha, can't speak for all men but people like me are hard to read because we have a complex personality. However we are the most predictable type as the way we think is really rigid and never changing. I think the most important way of understanding men is to not quickly give them a stereotype. The stereotypes come with a lot of features that aren't present in the person you put it on..
The complexity and predictable part is so true. I'll definately keep note of the bold parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't expect to ever figure 'women' out, I give up on that. All I want to at least understand my partner.
Amen to this.
Old 2012-07-30, 23:59   Link #10582
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
Well I'm a hopeless romantic ^.^
Many are... We're good in giving "love advices" but a coward in applying it ourselves..

From a person who never had a girlfriend since birth>>> Me..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 18:28   Link #10583
csuree
The Most Hated™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Men puzzle me all the time, even so they are more easy to understand Way simpler, still a mystery sometimes.
Granted, often it's just me ovethinking things, but that only goes for guys I'm dating
LoL we are not simple at all..... don't be so hard on us.....please maybe it is only me, but i consider my self a real hard to crack "egg" in terms of personality.
or ....correction it is only me.. in my vecinity lives a brother who is always thinking of three major things...money, car and girls. he is simple.
on the other hand i am a much more complex personality my happiness doesn't come from only these things.....i think i am defective or something cause i overcomplicate the simple things......but why???? i wanna be a social person, i wanna be loved by a cute girl, or more(but no harem please ladies :P -one at a time-), i want to be successful in a career that i like, i wanna do and learn so many new things that my life would not be enough for 20% of these things.

even now i have a lack of time.....i work, i have fun my way, i do what i do to make myself happy (no hentai thoughts here please.) and every day i got to bed at 1-2 am cause i don't have enough time to do it all..gimme an advice hoew to stop spending lots of money on stupid things? please.

and i feel like whatever i do the world is trying to reject my existence. i'm feeling so lonely. that at times my hearth aches and feel like shivers are running down my back and my chest tightens. it moves me to tears sometimes. but i'm a man so i suck it back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Many are... We're good in giving "love advices" but a coward in applying it ourselves..

From a person who never had a girlfriend since birth>>> Me..
Group hug Genji-chan.....i feel you... same here (this is also 1 reason why i think of myself as a defect product)

am i such a bad guy that i drive away anyone who approaches me?
am i meant to find true happiness in this life (shiver- heartache- tight chest combo)?? or i was meant to be alone ? (combo strikes again)
i tried to pick up literally hundreds of girls in the last decade, statistically speaking i should have had at least 1 girl.....but i didn't.

Recently i gave up a serious addiction of mine (WoW) and found out that not even this takes me out of my miserable life...don't worry i will not go back i put it off for good, but still when i think of my life as a whole, i sometimes get the feeling that it might have had been better if the ombilical cord wrapped around my neck at birth would have finished the job.
and thinking about it if i was the winner in the spermatozoid's race for the ovule, how could have the rest turned out???

anyway this way of thinking isn't getting me anywhere....i'm a total loser and i will always be.. i sometimes give off a puff of smoke called confidence but this goes away at the first breeze.....i'm sorry.. i'm a hypocrite.....i have no right to give anyone advice about love... as a failure of a man i should just resign to my fate.

my humblest apologies, i just don't have the will to fight for my happiness i'm giving up. all these years i fought, i clung to something that was not there... not even for a second....i ran i ran i ran after it countless times but never reached it...in my current situation i will not reach it ever.
i'd gladly fight for any other person's, but my own seems like a mirage in the desert....

anyway it is 2 am here so i will go to bed...let's see what tomorrow brings....i don't have my hopes up....
Old 2012-08-04, 10:10   Link #10584
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Group hug Genji-chan.....i feel you... same here (this is also 1 reason why i think of myself as a defect product)

am i such a bad guy that i drive away anyone who approaches me?
am i meant to find true happiness in this life (shiver- heartache- tight chest combo)?? or i was meant to be alone ? (combo strikes again)
i tried to pick up literally hundreds of girls in the last decade, statistically speaking i should have had at least 1 girl.....but i didn't.
Nobody is "meant" to be alone, or to be unhappy; nobody is "meant" to have the company of others, or to be happy. It's all about your perception, and what actions you take.

Don't try to inject statistics about dating. If you tried to pick up hundreds of girls and were never successful, it doesn't speak about you, it means that your approach wasn't working. You're a shy guy, did you ever think that perhaps when you're trying to ask a girl out on a date, you're not making your intent clear? Are you asking it in a manner that doesn't connect with others? Are you asking at the wrong place and time? There are many variables that can be adjusted here.

Quote:
anyway this way of thinking isn't getting me anywhere....i'm a total loser and i will always be.. i sometimes give off a puff of smoke called confidence but this goes away at the first breeze.....i'm sorry.. i'm a hypocrite.....i have no right to give anyone advice about love... as a failure of a man i should just resign to my fate.
Fate? There's a saying about this: "fate is what you are born with; destiny is what you make of it." It may not feel like it, but you're in total control.

There's another saying: "success belongs to those who were knocked down and got up just one more time." It's fine to take a break and regroup your thoughts and will to succeed after disappointments, but giving up?

Nobody can change themselves overnight. People can fake it, but to truly change yourself takes time and perseverance. It's unfortunate, but that's reality. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Given the gloomy demeanor, I take it something bad happened to you. Would you care to discuss it?
Old 2012-08-04, 16:30   Link #10585
csuree
The Most Hated™

~edit: i just saw that under my age i am red.. i got negative reputation... very nice...the good guy gone bad... i deserve it~

well as i said it i am gloomy almost 100% of the time, but i give off always the atmoshphere that nothing had happened. in fact...

well i'm trying to write my novel and i was thinking it with injecting romance into it....and i want it to be sci-fi too but these too don't match....and when iget to some sad parts inevitably it pierces my soul...

"the bad thing that happened"???......the real problem is that nothing happened...absolutely nothing....i wish i could write this down in words....it is going to be hard but i will try.

the thing is that all started in grade school i think.....i tried to please my teacher i was a little nerd, but at least then i had friends.
in middle school i became addicted to sci-fi, astronomy, physics and all kinds of stuff that normal 12 year old kids don't get interested in. given my phisique (weak and skinny with glasses like harry potter) and because i was "unfortunate" to be smart enough to get in one of the most prestigious schools in town. Here i would say i was considered "poor" compared to the other kids whose parents were owning private companies or had been in politics etc. (you know the elite bunch of the city), my clothing was always old style, same with my haircut, i was a good kid but i got picked on, and embarrassed many times (they called me "mole-face" "rat-face" and many more insulting things). they also beat me up ..i was a pacifist (if i don't do anything eventually they will stop). i had a crush....they found it out and then they teased me even more....after a while the girls also started this. because no one stood out for me i got all lonely and cooped up retreating from social life to avoid those things. my parents also were strict and since they started building a house in a nearby village we did not have much money and time. every summer i was working at the construction and even during school in rare cases i went to a party....average 1 party/every 2 months with 3$ in my pocket and my mom said (don't spend it if u can). don't think my parents were all that great... they demanded to be top class student, to hepl them all the time, not to talk back ever and i got regular beating from them, mostly my dad, and in beating i say beating (to the point i got blue marks, or my bro wetted himself), even though they now always say that we were not bad kids. really i wasn't i tried to be diligent but they were never pleased
i wonder how i got through this living hell without killing myself.this left me with this enormous emotional "scar", i wasn't happy in school, i wasn't happy at home. the only place were i felt good was in between, when commuting or when i spent some days at granny's place.

in high school i stayed in the same school almost same classmates, and the new ones heard about my past and hell continued...i made 2 friends(shallow ones cuz nowadays they don't ask whether i live or not and when i want to meet up with them they don't have time etc). some girls were nice to me but probably out of pity. i helped my classmates every time i could. i even assisted at getting them hooked up. i always was the nice guy loser. at college at engineering it was mainly consisted of boys with very strong character so i put up a facede strong enough for them to leave me alone but weak enough to no t get close to anyone. darn my incompetence. and at my first workplace i met some good people but because of changes we drifted apart.

all these things made me the way i am. i should have had the courage to fight back every time i was oppressed by anyone, and then i would have been a more winner type.

my love life was defined of these traits so i only got rejection no matter how good i was. even the girls who were nice to me said (you are a good guy but i like you only as a friend) and when i heard this.. due to these drawback it was like a knife in the heart every time. i thought the good guys get the girl every time. due to this i started to become hostile towards everything and i think many times i am unconsciously hostile towards people. this i think is my def-mechaninsm.

i am knowledgeable in many many thing including love. i gave many of my "friends" good advice about women or to the girls i gave about men, but i myself was the one who couldn't get it all.

i got up so many times in my life that i think i am through with it...i might as well stay down and throw in the towel. i always took the blows that life threw at me, i handled them somehow but i think i just got fed up being a sandbag.
i wanna be a thunderous storm, i wanna rage, i wanna be happy for real, i wanna ...... i just wanna break down and cry...... i hate pretending to be strong.....i want to get spoiled, i want someone to take my by the arm, to cuddle up to me, to have a good conversation with,i want to take a stroll with a person i love from the heart, someone who i could say nice things, someone to embrace.
i just wish for happiness....no money, no career, just true emotional happiness.

and since this got long i might as well link in a spoiler tag a summary of my would be novel (it reflects my true feeling cuz i wrote it from the heart)

it does not have a perma title i thought it to title it "A Wish Under The Starry Sky"
and the sci-fi part i not in it yet.. but it will be later

Spoiler for summary:
Old 2012-08-04, 17:06   Link #10586
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
well as i said it i am gloomy almost 100% of the time, but i give off always the atmoshphere that nothing had happened. in fact...
People will pick up on a gloomy demeanor, and many find it off-putting. More importantly, if you view yourself as someone who is gloomy, or if that's how you're actively feeling, that influences your interactions with others. You'll be less likely to engage others and keep them engaged.

Understand that this extends beyond putting on a show. You can trick others into thinking that you're a happy, confident guy, but you can't trick yourself. If you don't really have those traits, your behaviors and actions will reflect that. The good news is that you're not destined to be that way for the rest of your life. You are the way that you are because of your circumstances, but you can change yourself. As I said before, it's not a fast process.

Quote:
the thing is that all started in grade school i think.....
i wonder how i got through this living hell without killing myself.this left me with this enormous emotional "scar", i wasn't happy in school, i wasn't happy at home. the only place were i felt good was in between, when commuting or when i spent some days at granny's place.
It sounds like you've been through some challenging times. While all of those events and experiences contribute to shaping who you are, they don't define the person that you will be for the rest of your life. The good news is that your experiences are not totally unique: many people (including many of us here, I would imagine) had a hard time fitting in with our peers when we were younger, and many people (sadly, also including some of us here) have endured some form of abuse from people who were close to them. You can never erase those things, but you can move forward and away from them.

In light of your past, one thing that I might suggest would be to talk it over with someone, either a psychologist or psychiatrist. If you don't have easy access to one, you may be able to get a similar benefit by writing your thoughts in a journal. Write about and analyze the events of your past, and about your current situation. It may help you to realize some things, or to put some issues to rest. Again, the goal is to accept the things that happened, and move forward with your life.

Quote:
all these things made me the way i am. i should have had the courage to fight back every time i was oppressed by anyone, and then i would have been a more winner type.
People with a winning attitude aren't winners because they always fought back. They're winners because they believed in themselves even in the face of opposition, and they didn't allow others to dissuade them from their goals and dreams.

Quote:
i just wish for happiness....no money, no career, just true emotional happiness.
Happiness is a state of mind. You don't seem to have a very high opinion of yourself; are you perhaps thinking deep down that you're worthless and undeserving of happiness?

I briefly read over your story. One thing that I found interesting: you didn't name any of the characters.
Old 2012-08-05, 03:08   Link #10587
csuree
The Most Hated™

yeah you are right in many places there i understand your point in the matter.
happiness is indeed a state of mind but how can i make myself happy when every step i take reminds me of my past. should i move away from this country or is there another method to overcome this.

about the shrink. i don't find it appealing to go to one,even though i think it would help but given that my salary barely makes it to my next payday, this is almost dropped. thoguh i might try it in the not too distant future. (if until october i will not change..i definitely seek out pro help)

about my experiences i like to think that every man/woman is like a precious gem. our life shapes us to a jewel. but if the "shaping tools" are bad then even the diamond will be worthless. i think of myself as one failed gem at the moment, but i am also afraid that repairing these defects will cause me to lose some big chunks, and this will change me into a very different person.
my honest thoughts about this are that i am scared of the way i am now, i would want to only be more sociable more outgoing, i don't want to give up anything that defines me right now. (or maybe the way i am right now is the failed thing. i really don'know)
i don't want to self-analyze myself... i've done it a countless times and that only brings me down.

about the naming of the characters....i read somewhere that the names are very important in the story they should reflect the person's heart, and it is best to do some research in naming books, sites where the origin and the meaning of the name are written so i would not give a happy character a name that implies cruelty or insecurity, so until i have the main story-line thought out i will not give names yet,

overcoming emotional and psychological problems are very hard, i will try my best and if all else fails i will resort to professional help,
Old 2012-08-05, 09:35   Link #10588
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
happiness is indeed a state of mind but how can i make myself happy when every step i take reminds me of my past. should i move away from this country or is there another method to overcome this.
Changing up your life can help, but as cliche as it may sound, running away generally isn't very effective when dealing with issues rooted in your psychology. Confronting them, working around them, and coming to accept them is best. These are things that may stay with you for your entire life and that there will be no true "cure" for, but that doesn't mean that you're stuck as you are. You can't change the past, but you can still change yourself, be successful, and be happy.

Because this has the potential to get into personal issues, I won't go much farther with advice or analysis. Just remember that these are issues that take time to resolve. Whether you seek professional help or whether you take the path of self-analysis, bear in mind that it can take months to years to overcome what's troubling you, but you can do it.

It is very much worthwhile to do. Aside from contributing to your own self-happiness, this is critical to deal with before entering a relationship. Advice was given to me that in order for a relationship to be successful, both members of the relationship should be capable of standing on their own, and I believe that. Once you're in a relationship both members will grow to utilize the others' strengths while covering for their weaknesses, but if you bring too many unresolved issues or weaknesses into the relationship with you, you risk utilizing the relationship as a crutch. The issues can cause additional stress to the relationship. This isn't to say that you need to be perfect before you should enter a relationship, but you should strive to be the best that you can be. A significant other has the potential to help you overcome your problems, but they also have the potential to make them much worse (and the same goes for you to their issues).
Old 2012-08-06, 13:56   Link #10589
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
yeah you are right in many places there i understand your point in the matter.
Don't focus on the bad things of the past. Think about when you were happy and remember that instead. Those past misfortunes are enemies that you don't need to know anything about; just crush them by improving yourself and your actions.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 05:52   Link #10590
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Doesn't it suck when you have persistent dreams about your ex boyfriends/girlfriends?

My first love did me in a few years ago. It doesn't hurt much these days, but on the days I dream of her, man...I got a little rain cloud following me around. -_-
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 06:23   Link #10591
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I don't think they ever really go away...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 07:42   Link #10592
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I know that feel, bro.
Old 2012-08-07, 17:22   Link #10593
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Most, if not all have tainted past. Live through that period, do not live IN it. It won't do you any good. Embrace the past, make it part of you. Do not escape from it. It is through our tainted past that we discover more about the world and also ourselves. Do not be your own judge and punish yourself. Yes, you may have made a mistake or have an unpleasant past but must you spend the rest of your life atoning for it?

Quote:
anyway this way of thinking isn't getting me anywhere....i'm a total loser and i will always be.. i sometimes give off a puff of smoke called confidence but this goes away at the first breeze.....
Unless you possess some form of powers or the ability to tell the future, you cannot dictate what the rest of your life would be. You can't change unless you get past this negative view of yourself. You expect friends and women to come running to you when you don't even love yourself. You must love yourself first before allowing yourself to be loved by others. Accept the beautiful and the ugly side of you. I have struggled with this problem myself. I didn't have a very good opinion of myself, but I have started to change slowly. I am still learning to embrace my "whole" self, not the self that I present to the public. You give off a puff of smoke called confidence because that's not who you really are. You are afraid of appearing less than what society expects from you.

Quote:
about my experiences i like to think that every man/woman is like a precious gem. our life shapes us to a jewel. but if the "shaping tools" are bad then even the diamond will be worthless. i think of myself as one failed gem at the moment, but i am also afraid that repairing these defects will cause me to lose some big chunks, and this will change me into a very different person.
My dear fellow, your own analogy pretty much does the explanation for you. However rough the gem is, it's still a gem. There is still something precious about it. I can honestly assure you that there are no perfect gems in this world. We all started out as rough gems, then we slowly shape up to become an almost perfect gem through trials and tribulations. The point is, no humans are completely worthless. My idea of a useful being is this: a heart. As long as you are breathing, it is not the end yet. Your life is still running.

Quote:
my honest thoughts about this are that i am scared of the way i am now, i would want to only be more sociable more outgoing, i don't want to give up anything that defines me right now. (or maybe the way i am right now is the failed thing. i really don'know)
I don't know about others, but to me, sociable means making friends and interacting with them in a positive manner. No one is asking you to go to endless partying or change your image into a playboy. You need not have to change a thing. Just go out, talk to ppl, discover more about them and also allow them to discover more about you. I know what you are trying to say. You are afraid that you might have to change to suit what your friends would like you to be. Sharing from my own experience, such friends are useless. Being sociable and friendly are good, but there need to be a line drawn. You cannot please everyone. Just be yourself, and if through the experience of interacting you think you would like to change something about yourself, then fine. But do not be pressured into it.

Quote:
i don't want to self-analyze myself... i've done it a countless times and that only brings me down.
Reflection is good, but never ever do it in an excessive manner. Particularly for someone as sensitive as you, if you think too much, you are going to end up being too emotional, to the point it's hard for you to "know" yourself. Try eliciting opinion from your parents or peers. Jot down what you think about yourself, then do the same after asking your parents or peers. You would be surprised that there is a "hidden" gem in you. Very often, we humans may be so harsh on ourselves that we forget we could sometimes be beautiful.

Quote:
my humblest apologies, i just don't have the will to fight for my happiness i'm giving up. all these years i fought, i clung to something that was not there... not even for a second....i ran i ran i ran after it countless times but never reached it...
To me, that's life. Life is all about running. We run as hard as we could, and the last breath that we take is the end of the marathon. To achieve anything, we need to chase after it relentlessly. Run, run, run, run.............All these years you run and you haven't achieved anything? Okay, take a 5 minute break and then continue running. But never take an eternal break before your time is truly up. Allow yourself to cry, whine, shout, curse,etc etc, but do not make it into a permanent habit.

One last word of advice. Having read through majority of your posts, I have come to notice that you think too much. Look at life as it is, you musn't delve too deep into it. Do that, and you will face a myriad of intricate and complex issues involving the human nature and human society.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-08-07 at 17:34.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 17:47   Link #10594
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
~edit: i just saw that under my age i am red.. i got negative reputation... very nice...the good guy gone bad... i deserve it~

Believing you deserve bad things is part of your problem. You can't on the one hand believe you deserve bad things and wish for good things. Well, I suppose you could do that, but good things never come to people like that. You have to make things happen for yourself in life. I had terrible anxiety problems as a child and was brought to a psychiatrist, they tried medication, etc. None of that worked.

What did work was getting out there and realizing I was good at things, I excelled at a particular sport in high school which led me to all kinds of current hobbies and ideas that I occupy my time with. You can't think you're bad, and even though it sounds a bit arrogant, it certainly helps me to think I'm "one of the best." Every good person out there deserve to have that kind of confidence, regardless of the reality.

Finding your talents and working at them can be a great way to prove to yourself that you have inner potential; that you can change and improve yourself - shape the 'clay' that is your body and mind into its most elegant form. That has been my goal for several years and it is the most effective way to stave off feelings of self-pity. You don't have time to kick yourself when you're driven towards a lofty goal. Weightlifting was the first thing that did it for me; I found I kept getting better at it so long as I ate healthy foods and put in the time and effort. It can be anything, though - nowadays I derive personal pride from other pursuits (rock climbing, bass guitar, promoting my websites)... Having some pride in yourself, or at least having the pride to push yourself towards believing you can accomplish things is critical... don't forget it.

Another thing is, no matter what I or anyone else tells you, you have to be the one that accepts and makes a conscious change to alter your mentality. As I'm sure all of us know, reading or listening to someone else's advice and agreeing with them, is a much different thing than actually incorporating new principles into your life. One technique to remember is that of 'meta-cognition' - we, as humans, are the only animals on Earth that are self-aware. Use this to your advantage. Feeling blue, unconfident, etc? You can always push back, purposefully, against such thoughts. I know that for me it is almost like an internal dialogue - doubts, weak feelings (as I call them), inevitably creep in sometimes (though the frequency lessens the more confident one becomes, of course!), but I purposefully create an internal 'voice' that proclaims them to be nonsense. Maybe I'm just a weirdo with the internal dialogue bit, but I know meta-cognition is an extremely powerful psychological tool. Use it. Don't let those thoughts of weakness win (judging by your posts, you analyze your miseries quite a bit. Trust me, I was once the same way, as an anxious person, but you can't even spend a speck of your time on negative thoughts. You accomplish nothing and instead reinforce all the bad crap that has you in the predicament to begin with.) Push them away, and drive yourself towards greatness in whatever pursuits your derive fulfillment from.

PS. Also, if you eat a lot of junk food, that may also contribute to your problems. Some people can be perfectly happy eating crap and still enjoy life, but I'm not one of them. I didn't truly clear up my depressive tendencies until I discovered paleolithic nutrition and cut all artificial food out of my diet, as well as monitor the proper amount of trace minerals, omega-3's, gut flora, etc... The body is a machine and the brain is a big cog in that machine; feed it high quality fuel or it will not work properly...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 11:19   Link #10595
csuree
The Most Hated™

yeah , well hello again, i'm back

after a week of so called shutting out the bad thing in my life, i returned a little bit refreshed.
i read through the posts and found out that indeed i might think a bit too much, the problem also is that i think fast too, and this aggravates the situation because i think very much in a very little timespace, i observed it many times already and because of my nerdy thinking self i found some addictions that relax me and take my mind of the everyday problems, i love cars driving, anime, manga, light novels, science(but that is also thinking games,

but it came down to this....in april-may i found myself glued to my addictions, and they took out almost 80% of my free-time. i said enough! i was playing WOW like it is for my life so i deleted it from my computer. i don't say anime manga and now i play visual novels, are better either but they at least these have a message, they can teach you, not like that stupid idotic game where you kill the other-one and you gain nothing in real life.

i read through all your replies and thank you for the advice i will try to incorporate as many as i can in my life, i might go try out some sports,; about eating.. i don't quite have the money to eat junk-food i try to save money by cooking for myself at home. it is generally something simple but it also relaxes me,
as i deduced from all your messages the best thing to do would be to somehow shut myself out of my head, not to think of me too much and in return to concentrate all that effort into something that is more constructive and i can also benefit from it.

it may not sound much but, Thank you,
i never really knew that people can care for one another even if they did not meet in real life, truly, this is like a small little society, i also have the courage to call it a family, that helps its members to grow, to overcome their problem and i think this was a good decision......i mean that 8 years ago i became hooked to anime :P, if i didn't i would not have ended up here.
i will say this if you ever come to visit Oradea or somewhere near feel free to contact me, and we might go out having a beer, a good talk, i know some good places.

Anyhow starting this month, this little hatchling takes the leap in the air and even if i fall to the ground i will get up and eventually soar higher than any mountain :P
bad memories are just like extra kilograms on a sports car, you need to get them out, in order to win the race.

i will keep you posted, and we might also chat.
and even though i did not have a girl YET, i will give advice, cuz help does not matter where it is coming from, if it is from the bottom of the heart.

take care everyone, i will go cook my evening meal :P

back in a few hours <wave>
Old 2012-08-09, 03:46   Link #10596
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

In itself, by "becoming something else" you are moving on. Time heals, etc., as cliché as it sounds. Channel those emotions into something and shape it. Not sure how old you are, but you sound young. It'll pass.

While your situation wasn't exactly the same as mine, if anything it was in reverse and somewhat worse, I would recommend trying to occupy your mind with something else. If you don't exercise, do that. Oddly, that's what I started doing and it actually helped. Otherwise, whatever hobbies you might have. And do remember it's a big world out there. Again, it hurts now, but it'll stop in time.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 03:53   Link #10597
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I tried to put up a brave face for AS and shrug the whole thing off as no big deal but it's slowly been filling me day by day. Recently I decided not to fight it
Perhaps if you decide to confront your lingering feelings for her, you can move on sooner. Speaking from experience, it took me a few years to heal from a guy whom I secretly liked. I always push the thoughts of him to the back of my mind, but it was slowly killing me. I confided in a number of people, telling them of my feelings. As a final step, I sent a letter detailing him of my struggles. His reply was very kind and understanding.

I still remember him now, I haven't completely forgotten about him. I suppose you can never forget about your crush completely. They will be part of us now and forever.

Edit: If you can make magic happen, then that's great for you.

Old 2012-08-09, 04:11   Link #10598
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I'll move on, but only after I know for a fact that I can't make any magic happen...at that point I have to give up being 'Batman'.
Yup, once you have done everything in your power and the outcome is still not what you wish for, you can try to move on without regret.

Old 2012-08-11, 08:47   Link #10599
Tigress

Update on my situation. I am not upset about this. I am quite contented. ^.^

So all in all it didn't work out. But I do believe that it has worked out far better than if I had said no in the first place. The kissing and cuddling stuff was all aok but anytime it got a little further than that we would both just start giggling. It was too awkward and we agreed to put it down to an experience and go back to how we were as friends and he said he is glad we did try it.

I have not lost a friend at all. It's a relief really and tbh I decided to give it a go since I would probably regret not giving him a chance. He thought that since we got on so well and he also found me physically attractive that it would be enough. It is my opinion that we may get along TOO well. We are more like family than someone that could be lovers.

I would have hated it to have come between us. Had we become lovers and then split, it would have been much rather to return to friend status. That is why we took it slowly since there was far to much to loose.

We have talked and we have laughed about it all. End of a chapter. ^.^
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 10:32   Link #10600
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Good thing you remained friends, from what I've heard that's quite rare after something like that. A good experience to walk way from, as you say. Good thing it ended well for both of you as well.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom