AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 5 6.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 17.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 36.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 14.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-21, 05:39   Link #21
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

just when I thought it would get better after a pretty impressive episode 2, it got worse again, everything feel nonsensical, at the end I got the same reaction as episode 1: Dafuq I just watch? everything feel random again but this time it make even less sense and extremely dry/boring, character introduction is awkward and come out of nowhere, the fight scene is the one of the worst thing I ever watched, watching this ruined my mood of watching other anime.

1/10
Old 2012-10-21, 05:58   Link #22
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
just when I thought it would get better after a pretty impressive episode 2, it got worse again, everything feel nonsensical, at the end I got the same reaction as episode 1: Dafuq I just watch? everything feel random again but this time it make even less sense and extremely dry/boring, character introduction is awkward and come out of nowhere, the fight scene is the one of the worst thing I ever watched, watching this ruined my mood of watching other anime.

1/10
I thought by now, people would have understood that this fight will happen, and that it would seem those two (The kendo guy and the black spiky hair guy) are going to fight again (because of their silly arguments about idioms ), until Kurugaya appears.

Kurugaya's introduction isn't exactly awkward. From the time when the anime mentions about Kurugaya being absent and coming to class only when she feels like it, I knew by that point that she's going to appear. And the fact that she appears in front of Riki just like that goes to show that she has become interested in the Little Busters. (Not forgetting that she is a smart girl).

My only gripe with this episode is that there are still some loopholes in the story, which I hope could be filled as the show goes on. For a better understanding of all these events happening, it would be great to understand about the characters' backgrounds. But well, I guess that won't come anytime soon.

What I can see is that the puzzle pieces are slowly coming into place as more members are recruited, and then the real deal will happen.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2012-10-21, 05:59   Link #23
Lukeman1884

Spoiler for Thoughts on ep 3:
Old 2012-10-21, 08:07   Link #24
ookamigirl

Masato totally destroyed Riki's idiom dictionary.
Well, can't say I'm surprised considering..
This is totally not Riki's day.
A whole bunch of weird stuff keeps happening.
Kurugaya vs Masato!
That girl is not only exceedingly smart, she a great fighter too.
Looks like she joined their little club.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-10-21, 08:59   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think I just found my favorite girl in this anime.

Black hair... check
Cleavage... check
Zettai ryouiki... check
Mischievous personality... check.

Yup, she suits my tastes perfectly.

The episode was pretty good, but the jokes are already starting to get seriously repetitive. We don't need to see one of these jokes fights Masato always loses in every episodes.
Old 2012-10-21, 10:17   Link #26
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think I just found my favorite girl in this anime.

Black hair... check
Cleavage... check
Zettai ryouiki... check
Mischievous personality... check.

Yup, she suits my tastes perfectly.

The episode was pretty good, but the jokes are already starting to get seriously repetitive. We don't need to see one of these jokes fights Masato always loses in every episodes.

It seems Yui-chan got another fan.
Old 2012-10-21, 10:51   Link #27
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Watching this episode was just awkward for me,I hardly cracked a smile despite this being a comedy episode.Mostly because I was having a "wtf was that about" reaction to events like the chair breaking early in the episode.
There's this gap between the absurd things happening and the way they're presented in a casual down to earth manner as if this is all just routine,now that might appeal to some but it just weirds me out
Old 2012-10-21, 11:08   Link #28
mistress_kisara

It was okay, but a little boring I didn't like the "girl of the week" formula..But Iwill continue watching until the plot starts to kick in at episode 6 or 7
Old 2012-10-21, 11:20   Link #29
tsunade666

I didn't expect the pe uniform when playing baseball. Well its logical to change than stay at your school uniform but I didn't really expect that. The girls look good on it specially when Anego took off her uniform I was.... jaw drop hanging drooling!!! ANEGO!!!!!

I didn't really scan that part when Yuiko was walking away but now that its been pointed out in a screenshot. The hell is she doing there???? EX route?

well good episode (for me) and the animation felt good (after rewatching again and again)

I was finally satisfied (and get over with it already and just face reality) with the way JC handles their animation of little budget (even though there are lots to desire) it still felt good and fitted for the story (one way or another)
Old 2012-10-21, 12:04   Link #30
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I think people expect too much of this show that they can't see the good stuff. I find the jokes satisfying, the animation looks good (by J.C. Staff's standards) and Kurugaya looks like a very interesting character, and is my favorite of the girls (though I like them all thus far).

We'll probably learn more about the overall story in due time, we still have a long way to go.
Old 2012-10-21, 14:26   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Kurugaya is certainly something else.

Sharp, seductive, spunky. Totally kickass in battle, and witty as well. Is aware of her own sex appeal and is entirely comfortable with it. Has a definite prankster side to herself, and is aggressively playful.

Did Key actually produce a femme fatale? That's so far off your typical Key girls that it's pretty hilarious, lol.

Not sure what to think of Haruka yet. I guess she'll have "her episode" soon enough.

It's interesting how Little Busters! really does seem to be going with a "Girl of the Week" format so far. If this is a faithful adaptation of the VN, it's kind of funny how such a faithful adaptation would just naturally transition into that "Girl of the Week" feel within the anime.

Episode 3 admittedly didn't make me laugh as much as the first two did, but it was nonetheless pretty amusing. I really like Masato as a buttmonkey character.
Old 2012-10-21, 14:30   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's interesting how Little Busters! really does seem to be going with a "Girl of the Week" format so far. If this is a faithful adaptation of the VN, it's kind of funny how such a faithful adaptation would just naturally transition into that "Girl of the Week" feel within the anime.
This is the painful irony of the adaptation: the anime is much more linear than the VN: by the time Riki meets Yuiko, Haruka has more scenes, Kud and Mio are also introduced before the fight.
The girl of the week syndrome only affects the anime.

Spoiler for very quick rundown of the events in the VN, starting from Komari up to Yuiko's fight:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-10-21 at 14:43.
Old 2012-10-21, 18:38   Link #33
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
My goodness, Yuiko is a pretty mean person. I mean she seems to spend her time setting up situations for people to fail just because she can get amusement from them in order to prove her own superiority all while carrying some kind of high ground so she is in the right anyways.

She seems to act for the lols, aka a troll.

That's pretty awesome, really.

Yuiko definitely lies at the very other end of the female characters you typically see in Key anime. It's rarer to them to take initiative, and Yuiko seems to be pretty aggressively sexual without coming off as a sex doll, which is great too. Of course, she does run the risk of being that obnoxious overly perfect Mary Sue character that's just there to show how pathetic the rest of the cast is, fortunately she remains odd enough there to remain an actual person. She's really just someone that is self aware and takes advantage of the situation.

Aside from the random J-cup staff moments and the start of the episode which seemed awfully redundant, we had a fairly solid episode this time, since the gags actually had a purpose. Some of the humor flies over my head.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-10-21, 18:40   Link #34
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
1. Ehh, not as good as the 2nd ep, in my opinion, just............boring. It felt like they didn't try very hard and instead relied on waving a fan favorite in our faces to carry the episode.
I felt this way, as well. I am an anime viewer only, so, unlike apparently most of the people on this forum, I do not have any pre-conceived notions of the characters, and, unlike most of the people here, so far, I do not like Anego. She's the female version of the very arrogant and aggressive bully {"I'm joining your little club whether you like it or not" seemed to be what she really meant). Nor do I love a female character just because she has great big bouncing boobs. Hopefully, I will end up liking her as part of the club.
Old 2012-10-21, 19:28   Link #35
Burden

JC needs to improve the pacing, it's really very lethargic.
Old 2012-10-21, 20:55   Link #36
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I don't think the pacing needs too much fixing, it's fine by me. Really, LB Common Route was all about random stuff, anyway. :P
IMO, for me, Haruka's debut was the greatest one. They changed a bit from the scene, but it doesn't matter, as long as it gets animated. XD
Old 2012-10-21, 21:25   Link #37
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

It seems in every episode Masato gets dumber if it goes on like this he'll be a drooling idiot by the end

Yuiko
Old 2012-10-22, 00:59   Link #38
Aesthetic Shampoo

It seems that by the third episode i'm used to this already so i found myself glossing over everything which resulted in me being very much less annoyed than when i was watching the first two episodes. It really does help that the thing i found most annoying (the girls talking in baby voices) was at a bare minimum and replaced by Kurugaya. She is the type of anime girl i find most intriguing and when compared to what others girls we have so far she gets an instant elevated status in my books

Other than that, there's not much too say. It looks like they're still building up for the main plot, and the narcolepsy 'cliffhanger' amounted to nothing in terms of story development so i guess we'll just to wait to see where things go.
Old 2012-10-22, 04:51   Link #39
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Finally got around to watching eps. 3! Always happy to see more girls added to the group, but I gotta say, that fight scene was something ugly. Personally I'm disappointed that I didn't find that scene more funny and entertaining, but the scene itself was mindnumbingly disastrous. What appears should be a very comedic scene with Masato and bluebeard, comes off as a very lame scene trying to show off how cool a character is. Seriously, I haven't seen such bad acting since I was 9 yrs old watching SatAm cartoons in America. I really like Anego's arrogance and trash talking but in the fight scene she's doing it way too often while acting far too serious and the crowd is reacting way too impressed. Cool doesn't work when you're slashing at someone trying to fight with a toy. There's just not a good balance between funny and cool to either tickle my funny bone or draw me into the newly introduced character.

The whole episode seems rather random without a point. They could have placed more emphasis throughout the episode on recruiting. Next episode seems interesting though, can't wait to see what they plan next.
Old 2012-10-22, 12:05   Link #40
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was very good episode, but the fight scene dragged on too long. I don't know where this show is heading yet, but I will still keep watching it.
Closed Thread