AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-02-13, 15:46   Link #1101
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If there's one thing I liked about A's above everything else, it's how it maintains a fine balance between a sweet, fun ride of an anime series and a chock of OMG cliffhanger dorama and emo dorama style. Too much of the first can easily leave a bad taste, and too much of the latter is...I dunno, bad. Character drama and emo is good, but a lot of series has a tendecy to let it drag on longer than it needs to be, under the pretense of "serious and realistic character development."
and it was because everything came to a short and sweet end
but i think that it wouldnt have been so if it wasnt for all the lovable and unique characters in the end there wasnt a true villain to crop up ~ everyone had their reason (even percia ~ heck the could have given her a cheezy role of universe domination but if it wasnt for her fate wouldnt have been spawned so im greatful )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 16:36   Link #1102
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
She does not need to burn a cartridge for Protection Powered - at least Episode 5 around 16:40 does not show her using a cartridge.
The energy from the first one she loaded when RH told her to still hadn't been expended.
Old 2007-02-13, 16:43   Link #1103
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
The energy from the first one she loaded when RH told her to still hadn't been expended.
Who knows how long that energy lasts.. she was flying around and using the Axel Fin too ... I wonder how long RH can hold that much energy without a good bit of it being lost ...
Alavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 16:49   Link #1104
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Dunno. But Nanoha was surprised at the strength of the barrier, a spell she uses often enough, so I figure the cartridge had to be responsible.
Old 2007-02-13, 16:59   Link #1105
Alavaria

Quote:
Dunno. But Nanoha was surprised at the strength of the barrier, a spell she uses often enough, so I figure the cartridge had to be responsible.
Yeah, true enough, or maybe it was the upgrade (Like Axel VS Divine shooter, the Buster Extended .... and the Powered ... *shrug*

It worked though
Old 2007-02-13, 22:40   Link #1106
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
She does not need to burn a cartridge for Protection Powered - at least Episode 5 around 16:40 does not show her using a cartridge.

As for setting up RH in the first place - who knows how long it takes .. transformation can be rather wierd, and then ....
Apparently not much happens in the real-world during their henshin sequences.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 02:26   Link #1107
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Kind of like how you always have time to spout a line between blows no matter how fast the action is moving?
Old 2007-02-14, 04:27   Link #1108
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
there must be a hidden mechanic behind the transformations ~ i opt that they are temporary removed to another dimension while transforming

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-02-14 at 08:54.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 04:30   Link #1109
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Or, maybe they shield themselves ala FINAL FUSION!

Nanoha and Fate perform Final Fusion

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 07:51   Link #1110
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Nah, Time froze itself so that it can indulge in nekkid loli henshins. Ecchi, I say...
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 09:50   Link #1111
Lost

Quote:
Kind of like how you always have time to spout a line between blows no matter how fast the action is moving?
Hehe yep, except in this case they get to get nekkid and make cool moves! In mid-air! I think Dk's explanation is the most logical, they should go into another dimension, maybe even into their devices. Or it could all happen in their Linker core; or some part of their psyche or consiousness. Tho, I much agree with Estavali's - Time's probably just a perverted old man who can't help himself. But I'm afraid I don't get LoweGear's at all. XD.

Last edited by Lost; 2007-02-14 at 10:10.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 09:57   Link #1112
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You will understand, once you have seen the awesomeness that is Yuusha-O GaoGaiGar Although if Estavali's correct, then I'd like to take time's place during Henshin sequences XD

Anyways, I'm under the impression that, like a lot of super robot sequences, the transformations are exaggerated and prolonged for the sake of art. It has been shown lots of times that Nanoha can summon her Barrier Jacket almost instantly (Nanoha ep2 and A's ep10). Asides from the from the first activations of RH Excelion and Bardiche Assault, time is slowed down to show us more fanservice

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-14, 11:50   Link #1113
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I think LoweGear's explanation might have hit the mark: exaggerated transformation.

I remember Zettai Muteki Raijin-ou making a joke of this in one of its episodes. The audience is shown (during the school festival, I think) the usual transform/merge sequence before they were shown what really happened: a short and unimpressive merge-and-away stuff .
Old 2007-02-14, 12:29   Link #1114
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

LOL Yep I remembered that

The Eldorans (Raijin-Oh, Ganbarugar and Gosaurer) are the best known for that kind of transformation exaggerations (they have VERY long and extravagant sequences... hell, Gosaurer had dinosaurs and volcanoes in its scenes O_O ), however, they also explicitly show that when you take away all that flash the actual transformation itself takes no less than a few seconds, sometimes even less.

There are still mecha out there that do transform in "real time", but they typically have excuses to do so (GaoGaiGar and Gravion to name two, they create shields around themselves before they combine), and some just leave it to handwaving, as in the case of the Nagahama trio (Combattler V, Voltes V and Daimos).

Strangely enough, Nanoha is shown surrounded by a pink sphere when she transformed in A's ep1 and subsequently destroyed by Vita O_o Nanoha has G-Field? :P

Old 2007-02-14, 12:52   Link #1115
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Strangely enough, Nanoha is shown surrounded by a pink sphere when she transformed in A's ep1 and subsequently destroyed by Vita O_o Nanoha has G-Field? :P
Hayate too, if you remember ep 12.. she has a white sphere areound her as well. I wonder what it is supposed to be ...
Old 2007-02-14, 13:33   Link #1116
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That sphere boosts time speed inside it so that we can see the whole transformation scene ^^. Now that it's been explained XD.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 14:46   Link #1117
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Or it's actually an anti-peeping forcefield to prevent lolicons from spying on young girls while they're changing "gear" (of course we all know that it fails badly in this aspect ).
Old 2007-03-08, 06:45   Link #1118
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

just watched episode one
and damn did Nanoha got owned by that new girl
thats a lot of power she has with that hammer staff
its pretty intense already in just episode one
good thing Fate-chan and Yuuno-kun arrived in time before it could have gotten worse!!
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 08:36   Link #1119
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
just watched episode one
and damn did Nanoha got owned by that new girl
thats a lot of power she has with that hammer staff
its pretty intense already in just episode one
good thing Fate-chan and Yuuno-kun arrived in time before it could have gotten worse!!
Aye. Vita owns. I loved that scene of her pupil constricting so much, it is in my signature-image.

Touch not the bunny-hat. You will find out why soon enough.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-08, 17:06   Link #1120
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Yeah, that whole sequence is still one of my favourite anime scenes. Vita's expression going "oh, you're so going to get it now" (and Nanoha even picking up on that with her "oops, did I go too far?" expression), her attacking Nanoha in something close to a torrent of white-hot rage and pretty much pwning Nanoha, and then, when it was all over, her pupils going back to normal and she's standing there, breathing hard, all her anger and energy more or less spent.

It's that moment of "the person in front of me has done something that should not have been done, and for that they must pay" and the subsequent beatdown that I love to rewatch, the drama and emotion and action.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote