AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 20:11   Link #7141
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
The last 2 Golden Keys (Libra and Pisces), sorry about that. If this tournament is an melee of the greatest mages in the world, I'd be downright disappointed if we didn't see several gold-key wielding Celestial Mages. Especially ones that can actually use them to the extent that they are actually on another level than Silver keys, something Lucy seriously lacks.
Did anyone else see the pair of giant fish in chapter 262? Hint-hint.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 02:07   Link #7142
sergel02

^ hmmm page?
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 03:39   Link #7143
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I don't think so.

Let's take batteries for example. We have a lone battery as well as a pair of batteries. The lone battery operates at full capacity while the two other batteries are at 50% capacity. They would both last roughly as long and take roughly as long to recharge too.

Then we add second battery at 50% capacity in addition to the full capacity one. Meanwhile we charge one of the paired batteries to full capacity. Now we have 150% capacity in both pairs.

The point is that regardless of in what order the mages increase power of their 1st source and how and when they access their 2nd source is irrelevant to the end result. Sooner or later both sources of the main cast are going to be at 100% or very close to it.
I'm having some trouble following that analogy But here's how I see it:

Imagine two racecars. The faster car suddenly develops a problem and has to stop for repairs, so the second car speeds ahead and takes the lead. As soon as the first car returns to the track, it fires its nitro booster and manages to catch back up. But now it's used up its nitro, whereas the second car still has nitro in reserve. If the second car fires its nitro, it'll leave car #1 in the dust again.

(Fortunately, car #1 is faster than #2 in normal mode, so it can eventually retake the lead... if the race is long enough.)
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 04:00   Link #7144
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
^ hmmm page?
Page 10, bottom half panel. Could be Pisces alright.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 04:29   Link #7145
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Page 10, bottom half panel. Could be Pisces alright.
thought so too (though I think they'd be a hindrance because of their size)
In my mind I played with the idea of Pisces being the younger brother of Aquarius, after all, they're both water element...

Oh and Libra (or rather, her sketch) can be found in Mashima-en's "Magic Party"
it contains some unused drafts of the story, including the 12 zodiac keys... it's rather accurate, so I hope she's similar to what I saw (only.. lets boost her clothing and body up a little! ^^U)

sidetracking myself a little, but I have to say this: boy oh boy, Mashima REALLY loves Sieg (be it Hart or Grein/Jellal) AND Plue... a lot of love for Plue...

As long as Jellal's alive and kicking butt, then I have no problem
<3 (the only nitpicky thing is that now the age gap between Erza and Jellal is too big for my taste ... Mashima! give me some romance like in RAVE!!!!)

... please ? *puppy eyes*

Last edited by akire_and_atem; 2011-12-12 at 15:34. Reason: some grammar... writing on an ipod at 2 a.m. is not easy :p
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 12:57   Link #7146
GundamFan

Well I finaly gotten caught up in the manga Meredy certainly grew up I wonder if it something in the water.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 14:47   Link #7147
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
thought so too (though I think they'd be a hindrance because of their size)
Im thinking they're going to be defense spirits.
Old 2011-12-12, 18:52   Link #7148
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Im thinking they're going to be defense spirits.
Rather they could fuse with Lucy to improve her overall ability, similar to Fusion Dance, Oversoul, or Matoi.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 19:08   Link #7149
White Silver King
The Isley

Oh, I like that!
Old 2011-12-12, 21:27   Link #7150
GundamFan

I wonder if Lucy might get a little more extra help from her celestial spirits Virgo already gave her a whip made from the constellation of Eridanus the River I'm thinking next they might help out her defenses with another item a shield made from the constellation Scutum the Shield.
Old 2011-12-13, 05:19   Link #7151
sergel02

And Caelum can turn into a sword...err shovel i guess.
Old 2011-12-13, 10:49   Link #7152
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
And Caelum can turn into a sword...err shovel i guess.
Caelum is the chisel not a shovel and has already been seen but I like the idea of giving her a Celestial sword and shield or they could go with rapid firing bow/crossbow that shoots Sagitta the arrow.

I wonder if after this power up if Natsu will be able to start doing dragon force at will or close to it.
Old 2011-12-13, 14:48   Link #7153
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I wonder if after this power up if Natsu will be able to start doing dragon force at will or close to it.
I just thought of something so crazy it almost makes sense: what if any magic he eats that isn't fire goes straight to his second "magic stomach" (as I like to call it)?

We know that a person's first "magic stomach" refills over time. However, Natsu can also refill his reserves by eating fire. Maybe the reason he falls ill when it happened before is because his previous attempts at consuming non-fire magic put pressure on that "stomach," like he was trying to force magic into it without opening it properly, which would put a strain on his body. That would probably explain why Natsu was still able to combine his magic with Laxus's lightning magic; there was still some lightning left in his second "stomach," but he passed out because it wasn't properly opened.

And how about this: what if the second "stomach" is attributed to whatever non-fire magic he had last eaten? Since he ate Laxus's lightning, he would be able to use lightning magic even after that "stomach" empties; it would recharge. So if Natsu were to eat another magic element, it may switch from lightning to that element. That could also explain what happened when he used Dragon Slayer and God Slayer flames in his fight with Zancrow: perhaps he emptied his magic reserves in his first "stomach" as a means of opening his second, so after he ate Zancrow's flames, he reactivated his first "stomach" and was able to use both spells at once. He even passed out after the fight, a sign that using different magic took its toll on his body. And since he hasn't used the God Slayer flames again, I assume they were replaced by Laxus's lightning. So Natsu probably could've used God Slayer magic again if he knew he could.

Then again, that wouldn't explain how Natsu was able to activate his lightning mode, unless he somehow figured out a crude way to open that "stomach" and do it without actually knowing how. It also wouldn't explain why he seemingly can't achieve Dragon Force at will, unless it's because it's made up of multiple elements and is more complex to achieve.

With all this talking, I'm getting the feeling I may have contradicted myself on one or more points, but does anyone else have any thoughts?

Old 2011-12-13, 15:21   Link #7154
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I just thought of something so crazy it almost makes sense: what if any magic he eats that isn't fire goes straight to his second "magic stomach" (as I like to call it)?

We know that a person's first "magic stomach" refills over time. However, Natsu can also refill his reserves by eating fire. Maybe the reason he falls ill when it happened before is because his previous attempts at consuming non-fire magic put pressure on that "stomach," like he was trying to force magic into it without opening it properly, which would put a strain on his body. That would probably explain why Natsu was still able to combine his magic with Laxus's lightning magic; there was still some lightning left in his second "stomach," but he passed out because it wasn't properly opened.

And how about this: what if the second "stomach" is attributed to whatever non-fire magic he had last eaten? Since he ate Laxus's lightning, he would be able to use lightning magic even after that "stomach" empties; it would recharge. So if Natsu were to eat another magic element, it may switch from lightning to that element. That could also explain what happened when he used Dragon Slayer and God Slayer flames in his fight with Zancrow: perhaps he emptied his magic reserves in his first "stomach" as a means of opening his second, so after he ate Zancrow's flames, he reactivated his first "stomach" and was able to use both spells at once. He even passed out after the fight, a sign that using different magic took its toll on his body. And since he hasn't used the God Slayer flames again, I assume they were replaced by Laxus's lightning. So Natsu probably could've used God Slayer magic again if he knew he could.

Then again, that wouldn't explain how Natsu was able to activate his lightning mode, unless he somehow figured out a crude way to open that "stomach" and do it without actually knowing how. It also wouldn't explain why he seemingly can't achieve Dragon Force at will, unless it's because it's made up of multiple elements and is more complex to achieve.

With all this talking, I'm getting the feeling I may have contradicted myself on one or more points, but does anyone else have any thoughts?
Interesting idea this might all be tied to the god slayer magics too it's possible that rather then learning how to eat and puke back up just god slayer magic he learned how to do it with any sort of caster magic. It could be limitec to only the amount he consumed and it doesn't recharge him like fire does.
Old 2011-12-14, 01:13   Link #7155
Etheral

@immblueversion

i want Mashima to clean up his manga explanations as much as anyone, but no. Maybe you should forward him that though, he might like to use it too.
Old 2011-12-17, 03:41   Link #7156
Casshern

I did not like the magic container part. Not that I care how plausible (within the FT universe) it is, but these explanations with tacky sketches are very naruto-ish and it annoys me in Naruto as well. Would rather he gave a much more vague excuse and got on with it. I hope they don't mention this magic container stuff again.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 12:32   Link #7157
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

does ft come out this week?
Old 2011-12-17, 13:00   Link #7158
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
does ft come out this week?
No.

(for space)

Old 2011-12-17, 14:42   Link #7159
sergel02

I think its doesn't come out cuz its the Holiday season. I think its one of the only times in the year manga artists get a break.
Old 2011-12-17, 16:02   Link #7160
Krono

To copy/paste something I said on another forum:

On a somewhat less happy note, since I don't think it's been mentioned here yet, it's that time of year where the manga magazines do the unthinkable and give their employees some vacation time to enjoy various end of the year festivities. Furthermore, rather than maintaining a normal release schedule by driving their employees like slaves to produce twice the content in the same amount of time, they lazily opt to simply slap two numbers on a single issue, and leave it on the store racks for an extra week.

In other words, Shounen Magazine's, and thus Fairy Tail's immediate release schedule looks something like this:

12/07/11 : Shônen Magazine #01 (Chapter 262)
12/14/11 : Shônen Magazine #02-03 (Chapter 263)
12/21/11 : No New Issue
12/27/11 : Shônen Magazine #04-05 (Chapter 264)
01/04/12 : No New Issue
01/11/12 : Shônen Magazine #06 (Chapter 265)
01/18/12 : Shônen Magazine #07 (Chapter 266)

Likewise, the anime will be having an interruption to it's schedule as well, making it look like this:

12/10/11 - Episode 109
12/17/11 - Episode 110
12/24/11 - Episode 111
12/31/11 - No Episode
01/07/12 - Episode 112

So expect delays accordingly.

Keep in mind it is still possible to get a chapter this weekend. People don't want the need to get the next issue out the door hanging over their heads when they're trying to relax and enjoy themselves, especially around the holidays. As such even when there's supposed to be a week off, the next issue tends to get shipped out roughly the same time as though there wasn't a break. Though of course if we do get a chapter this weekend, it'll mean that the break will be next week. The bottom line is that there will be a couple of weeks with no new chapter in the next month. When exactly those breaks fall will probably vary.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen