AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-14, 15:37   Link #41
cyth
Banned

Nah, that's just the first tale packaging, though my copy didn't come with the box for both copies to hold (I wonder why though <_<). The publication under it is TECH GIAN's Super Prelude that had the HD version of Shinkai Makoto's ef movie feature bundled in. It was a separate publication. Too bad I didn't snag the two CD singles' editions that came out in october 2006.

BTW, played more of the game today...
Spoiler:
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 19:01   Link #42
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
But if you want batshit crazy speculations right off the bat, I'd say this adaptation will kick ass (basing this SOLELY on the few screenshots of characters, because anything else is pretty much unknown).
That's been my feeling since the series was announced.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 21:07   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To those wanting to know more a bit more about the characters, or to those just wanting to know who's who, you can go here... http://miyamoto-sensei.com/lolicontr...n-disc-review/

And as usual, I'm rooting mainly for Kei and to a lesser degree, Chihiro. But there seeming to be two higher profile heroines (Miyako and Yuuko), I think the chances are slim at best. XD

As a final word, to anyone who hasn't seen it before, watch the game PV. It's the usual Shinkai quality work, and youtube doesn't really do it any kind of justice. Especially after 2:00 in F-B's time, it's breathtaking to say the least.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 21:09   Link #44
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

What do you mean by rooting for them, exactly? It's a game with set couples.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 21:17   Link #45
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^Really? It's the same with every route you take?

Old 2007-06-14, 22:18   Link #46
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As far as inserting anime-only scenes/moments... personally, i have never given a flying rat's arse about things like faithfulness to the source material, regardless what that material might be. These are different mediums, and if you are expecting to see a clone of the original material, you are already setting yourself up for a disappointment. I never understood why people expect things to be exactly the same, but that is just me. (And then we have things like Death Note, where people have been known to drop the series "because it is the same thing anyways" )

In short - looking towards this one!

*runs of to search for some videos or anything of the like*
Well said, I completely agree...as long as it's good, whether it slavishly follows the source or not just doesn't matter to me. In ef's case since I haven't played the game I won't have any expectations for how the plot 'should' go anyway.

The website seems to mention a prologue going on sale 8/27...probably 1,890 yen for a two minute promo video . Sometimes I'm glad I don't understand Japanese well, if I did I'd probably buy stuff like this by the truckload and end up dead broke.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 22:58   Link #47
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

your right, i make lots of generalizations, sometimes it may seem contradictory when there is an exception to the rule. of course not every anime is bad, that would be ridiculous to say such a thing.

the promo going on sale is a little fan pack it seems. contains posters, cards and a DVD, etc.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 02:16   Link #48
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, up 'till now I only came across two decission making points during the play and had the chance to test them. Others, who have finished the game, said all the choices were misleading since in the end the protagonists ends up with the same heroine anyway. So there's no raising of flags and whatnot from what I understood.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 02:30   Link #49
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
As a final word, to anyone who hasn't seen it before, watch the game PV. It's the usual Shinkai quality work, and youtube doesn't really do it any kind of justice. Especially after 2:00 in F-B's time, it's breathtaking to say the least.
Here is a better quality video: TEH CLICK. Youtube is terrible when it comes to quality . And agreed - the sceneries are droolworthy. I hope the anime is going to be the same in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua
Well, up 'till now I only came across two decission making points during the play and had the chance to test them. Others, who have finished the game, said all the choices were misleading since in the end the protagonists ends up with the same heroine anyway. So there's no raising of flags and whatnot from what I understood.
Now this is good news imo - should be all the more easier for the animation team to make the adoption without causing some of the fans to go on a rampage
Old 2007-06-15, 09:11   Link #50
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

That's true. You can't create internet drama if there is only one winner.

There can be only one.
Old 2007-06-15, 21:55   Link #51
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Now the beauty of this is that I still don't know who that heroine is. Thus. until the day I get spoiled or the day I see the ending in the anime (hopefully the latter), there's still hope for the osana-najimi twins. But as I said, its a frail hope, considering Miyako and Yuuko's bigger prescence in the stuff I see. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Now this is good news imo - should be all the more easier for the animation team to make the adoption without causing some of the fans to go on a rampage
And yes, I'll still raise a fuss if neither of the twins 'win'. :P

Old 2007-06-15, 23:55   Link #52
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Now the beauty of this is that I still don't know who that heroine is. Thus. until the day I get spoiled or the day I see the ending in the anime (hopefully the latter), there's still hope for the osana-najimi twins. But as I said, its a frail hope, considering Miyako and Yuuko's bigger prescence in the stuff I see. XD

And yes, I'll still raise a fuss if neither of the twins 'win'. :P
Obviously, i know jack about the story and the outcome ... but after watching this little video, i have little doubts it is going to be
Spoiler:

... and that would have been my guess regardless
Old 2007-06-16, 00:12   Link #53
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Yeah. There aren't routes in the ordinary sense. In fact, the pairings (five different couples) are all revealed in the Shinkai animation already. One couple is developed in the first chapter of the first tale, and then supporting characters from that chapter become the main couple in the next chapter. And so on.
Old 2007-06-17, 18:12   Link #54
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i had my eye on this for a while now but after getting poked to watch some trailers i got even more interested but for shaft to be doing such a "serious like" series is something worrying...hopefully it wont go down into the drain like what happened to negima!? >.< and the animation quality should be done well imo to fit with the beautiful atmosphere created in those trailers...i even felt emotional at one point (silly me )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 18:23   Link #55
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Actually, I'm in it for Yuuko. With my luck, she either dies or doesn't get anyone. I was only lucky so far with Ayu.
Old 2007-06-17, 18:40   Link #56
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yuuko? Hm...going by the game PV, she is the one in the church / on the school roof, right? Care to spoil me a bit regarding her background? Nothing too major Unless she is one of those mystery characters where every thing about her is a spoiler
Old 2007-06-17, 19:01   Link #57
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

She's still very much a mystery as of the first tale. Hopefully the latter tale will wrap things up well for her.

Also, in reference to your earlier post, there really isn't a main heroine, just like there isn't a main hero.

ETA: Recap, in answer to other posts above--everyone "wins". Seriously.
Old 2007-06-17, 21:17   Link #58
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
hopefully it wont go down into the drain like what happened to negima!?
I don't think you need to be worry now, all SHAFT is doing is the animation only. From what we have seen on a page showing shots from the anime, they looked real close to the game's design...except for the lighter colours (something which still plagued SHAFT at some point).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 03:05   Link #59
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
Alot of people keep getting mad about the anime and the games designs. Saying that the anime looks bad. I think it looks great. Not better, because the original is amazing.

But whatever. I'm still looking forward to this.
Same, even if the artwork was bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
I have a feeling this show is going to turn out really bad. not because of the character designs or anything, (those were all taken from the game btw) but because of the pathetic attempt to cash in on a franchise that is so common among dating sim turned anime productions.

hopefully they learned their lesson on how to make a better product and will follow storylines similar to the wind OVAs, and not the original TV series, if they have any say in what goes on in the production that is.
That so true. Do what I do, come with low expectations and hope for it to be awesome ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Obviously, i know jack about the story and the outcome ... but after watching this little video, i have little doubts it is going to be
Spoiler:

... and that would have been my guess regardless
Should I spoil it for you Skyfall? Of course not ^_^, that would be mean ( I haven't played the game myself, just read and read things about it, but I do know some of it)

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 07:48   Link #60
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
ETA: Recap, in answer to other posts above--everyone "wins". Seriously.
Spoiler for response:

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft