AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-08, 06:54   Link #3541
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is Academy City really that incompetent?

First of all, evil people doing evil things got away most of the time in this city. Now the good guys who is trying to stop/ interrupt evil guys in a city where evil lurks also got away most of the time.
Old 2013-01-08, 06:57   Link #3542
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post

First of all, evil people doing evil things got away most of the time in this city. Now the good guys who is trying to stop/ interrupt evil guys in a city where evil lurks also got away most of the time.
Is it really that different than any other city?
Old 2013-01-08, 07:00   Link #3543
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is it really any different than any other city?
Well, i am expecting good guys got owned and killed when the bad guys learned their identities, especially when the good guys are living in the territory of evil lurks.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:05   Link #3544
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, i am expecting good guys got owned and killed when the bad guys learned their identities, especially when the good guys are living in the territory of evil lurks.
Not when the 'good guys' so happens to be two of the strongest Espers in the city.

People like to downplay Mikoto's experience but this really isn't her first rodeo.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:12   Link #3545
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Not when the 'good guys' so happens to be two of the strongest Espers in the city.

People like to downplay Mikoto's experience but this really isn't her first rodeo.
The bad guys have the technology to disabled and render the esper helpless, and they got their own esper assassins. Killing Mikoto is really easy when you look at those bad guys's options. THEY EVEN KNOW HER PARENTS.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:13   Link #3546
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The bad guys have the technology to disabled and render the esper helpless, and they got their own esper assassins. Killing Mikoto is really easy when you look at those bad guys's options. THEY EVEN KNOW HER PARENTS.
Do you think all the bad guys are working together as one?
Old 2013-01-08, 07:29   Link #3547
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Do you think all the bad guys are working together as one?
You don't need 11 bad guys to work together as a team to kill Mikoto.

So, in your opinion, Academy City is not incompetent, it is just Mikoto is just too good and invincible for the evils to touch her, even when she is in carefree mode? Am I right?
Old 2013-01-08, 07:34   Link #3548
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ She can't be killed, because she acts as the greatest success story of esper development in Academy City, and is a poster girl of sorts for Academy City. Killing Mikoto will have widespread adverse effects, starting with a rebellion of 9968 of her clones, the spread of panic throughout the students of Academy City at the discovery of Mikoto's death, and the rise of advocacy towards the pulling out of students from Academy City, since it will no longer be a safe place to those outside.

The worst effect is probably Kamijou Touma going against Academy City because of this.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:38   Link #3549
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

So, in your opinion, Academy City is not incompetent, it is just Mikoto is just too good and invincible for the evils to touch her, even when she is in carefree mode? Am I right?
You misunderstand, your assumption is that because they are villains, that means they'll work together, or that they'll share information, technology, manpower etc.

But not all villains have a reason to kill her, some of them can benefit from keeping her alive as a tests subject. Just like not all factions have access to the same resources.

In addition, Mikoto is extremely high profile- if you kill her you can expect a massive crackdown on all fronts. This would stir trouble will people that doesn't want to rock the boat too hard.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-01-08 at 07:49.
Old 2013-01-08, 09:03   Link #3550
Destined_Fate

Of course, Mikoto is a case where her being a live is far more beneficial to her being dead even if she does get in their way more often than they would desire.
Old 2013-01-08, 09:56   Link #3551
tsunade666

Quote:

Academy City isn't incompetent. If you have a director that can know every bit of information happening in the city. If it happens it means Aleister allows it or he didn't care. Everything is being monitored by the director and thus everything thing is known or being controlled by the Director. I don't think that is a sign of being incompetent if it has that tight of security.

Mikoto is a celebrity and you don't kill a celebrity unless you want mass panic.
Old 2013-01-08, 10:19   Link #3552
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Also on top of all that there's the risk of failure. Misaka is a level 5, one with experience destroying facilities of the dark side, not the kind of person you want as an enemy if anything goes wrong.

On a side note it's hilarious that Misaka can see Misaki's sparkly eyes
Old 2013-01-08, 10:52   Link #3553
tsunade666

Mikoto being a level 5 doesn't pose a threat to the dark side who really aim to kill her. Capacity down can put her into her place if she ended up getting herself too much tangled in the dark side of the city.

Even if its the dark side of the city just like Chaos said. Its not like they all had access to the same technology and information. But really. level 5 isn't a threat that much.
Old 2013-01-08, 12:52   Link #3554
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Capacity down can put her into her place if she ended up getting herself too much tangled in the dark side of the city.
Wait, is the anime considered to be canon?
Old 2013-01-08, 13:42   Link #3555
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
.......... yes
Old 2013-01-08, 14:10   Link #3556
tsunade666

Quote:
the anime......... hahaha well I laugh at the railgun ANIME

But capacity down exist. I think its in vol 19 when its used against Accelerator and Musejimi (spelling?) if it work on Accelerator do you think it won't work on the inferior ones?

though the one used on Accelerator was an improved version and its a lot hell than the one used against Mikoto in the anime. And the people that Accelerator was fighting as part of Group are part of the darkest in the academy city. Mikoto won't even glance at that part of the city yet that place has left corpse having in the hallway.
Old 2013-01-08, 14:15   Link #3557
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Most elements in the Railgun Anime eventually makes a return in the future Index LN stories, Capacity Down was one of them.

As for the characters, the original characters in the final arc had made a slight cameo in the Railgun manga as well as the Index LN- so I'll consider it canon.
Old 2013-01-08, 16:25   Link #3558
leukrota

Tst, I missed the troll beating

Anyway, I consider the full Railgun anime canon simply cause Kamachi said it's canon, just as the fanfare side story.

The story could get messed up if he allows many external sources to become canon, but it is still his story to mess if he wants to...
Old 2013-01-08, 16:53   Link #3559
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

Define evil. To Academy City, everything is okay if it is for SCIENCE unless there are wide notice of it by the masses.
Old 2013-01-08, 16:58   Link #3560
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Define evil. To Academy City, everything is okay if it is for SCIENCE unless there are wide notice of it by the masses.
Mah~ Evil or not, the situation in Academy City's dark side is not like there is a unified organization with everyone onboard with each other.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen