Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-05-31, 12:11   Link #1201
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
And yet, Kishi made Naruto still have feelings for Sakura even after the confession.......
Pure trolling, how can you use another word, when Naruto talked about life with Kushina and she told him to find a girl like her and you try to compare Hinata/Sakura with Kushina?.

Naruto does have feelings for Sakura, but he is like Hinata, both of them wouldn't have any problem if Sakura is happy with Sasuke or Naruto is happy with any other girl or ramen bowl.

That's why i said that this would be much different if Naruto fights for Sakura's heart. Actually, the only one who tried (without success) to fight for her love is Sakura, she tried to be close with Sasuke.

Quote:
You could only go so far with "Kishi made Naruto remember" when it did squat nothing when Kishi hit the reset button on pairings after the Pein Arc (much like how the current Sasuke's actions did not make Sakura stop loving him).
I have a problem with that, because i believe that Sakura still loves him, but i think that she is questioning the situation. This is pure trolling though, because this is the only chance for Naruto to fight for her love. But we know that will not happen.

Quote:
I mean, it is possible that Naruto may refer to the confession....but I doubt he is going to accept it since Naruto still has feelings for Sakura.
Yeah, but you know that editors will not accept that. There is a lot of fandom and shippers to satisfy, they will keep doors open to allow any combination of couples until the end of the manga or until they think is the right moment.

As you can see, this is pure trolling... but i think that it's fun to discuss
Old 2011-05-31, 14:19   Link #1202
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Love stuff doesn't mean romance, those are two very different words.
Basilisk is a fine example of romance between ninjas.
I think that standard romance stories are quite boring, something like a romance in Basilisk is just a crappy version of Romeo and Juliet.

Quote:
I would say that the relationship between Tsunade and Jiraiya was the right approach to focus romance in Naruto. Not that joke about ignoring Hinata's declaration. Granted, Jiraiya and Tsunade are old enough to talk about it, but to me their last conversation was the most romantic thing in the manga until now.
Yes, Naruto and the others were just 12 years old, and even now they are only 15/16 years old, you can't expect a grown up romance between children. Also neither Naruto nor Sasuke are normal people, their childhood was seriously fucked up, so it's logical that they do not react like an average person would. As you could see in the beginning of the manga alreay, the only average person of team7 was Sakura, her parents live and are average people, she had no problems in her childhood, etc. And as such she did behave as a normal person would, but as we have seen Naruto and Sasuke didn't. Therefore i can accept that Naruto cannot react properly to Hinata's confession, it's in his character. As for Sasuke, it was obvious that he is so obsessed with revenge that he doesn't care for love or friendship, so when Sakura confessed he just chose revenge over her (also we don't know if he ever felt anything for Sakura that is more than friendship).

Quote:
Romance is about 2 (or more) people, not about ignoring love declarations.
Or ignoring them because of a good reason, that is also a reaction. For Sasuke it was his obsession for revenge, for Naruto one reason is that he apparently doesn't feel anything for Hinata and he is sto stuid that he doesn't know how to react. Sure Kishimoto should have at least shown Naruto being confused, the other reason is obviously that all the things that happened to him (death of Jiraiya, Sasuke going evil, meeting his father, being told that he must save the world, etc) just didn't leave time for romance.

Quote:
I would love to see Sakura and Naruto together, but i don't wanna see them together by some cheap trick, because Naruto would need to fight for Sakura and make her forget Sasuke. OTOH Sakura did some acts trying to be close to Sasuke, but those are really lame.

The moment when Naruto says: "look Sakura, i'm gonna fight for you and i'm gonna make you forget Sasuke" or "Hinata you are the only one who always believed in me and now i know the reason" That moment will make the difference between Love stuff and Romance.
That won't happen, since it was already made clear that Naruto understands that Sakura loves Sasuke and loving someone is a random force of nature that cannot be changed by being a nice guy/hero/good lover/whatever. For me this is the romance part, because Naruto gives up on Sakura, he does not want to live with Sakura while he knows that Sakura's love for him is fake, he doesn't want to force Sakura to do this. As for Hinata, it would look really disgusting if he chose Hinata just because she is for free, and because he can't choose Sakura. Of course some playboy would probably take advantage of both Sakura and Hinata, but obviously Naruto's thinking about such things is that he can't be with them.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 14:20   Link #1203
Fruits Basket Fan

Naruto knew that Sakura loved Sasuke since the end of Part I and he still retained his feelings after the timeskip......

If Sakura can still retained her feelings for a psycho Sasuke, then Naruto could very well still be hunged up on Sakura (since he still views Sasuke the same way, despite the more horrible things he has done).

Only for Kishi to not make much progress and continue to bait pairing fans.....

@Fran: I hope you know that I was not arguing for NS. i merely stated that Naruto still likes Sakura and nothing more. My last post here even stated that Kishi wants the Big 3 to remain one-sided.

I agree with you that Kishi loves to troll for the sake of trolling however.....I personally believe that Kishi might leave the pairings unresolved......with a Naruto and Sasuke focus on their "bond" ending !

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2011-06-01 at 01:11.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:04   Link #1204
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Counterproductive? Well, did you see Hinata going up to Naruto after the fight, push Sakura out the way and say "Hey, I'm the one who friggin' got shanked for your ass! What are ya hugging her for?!!". Either way, her confession didn't accomplish squat, because she was obviously too shy to go any further with it.
The scenario you initially suggested would've given Hinata a clear opportunity to re-establish her feelings without coming off as so brash or acting completely out of character for that matter. So if she had passed up a golden opportunity like that, then I'd be able to fully agree with you when you claim "her confession didn't accomplish squat".

That said, I can't agree with you if you're implying that her lack of action to do anything to interrupt Sakura's hug made the accomplishment(s) of her confession meaningless. Nor do I think it was necessarily proving that she was still shy. Because whether Hinata acknowledges Sakura as a love rival or not, she as well as the many who were present to witness that hug had to have acknowledged the powerful bond Sakura and Naruto share that inevitably comes from being two friends who've fought and grown together as shinobi on the same team. And because Hinata is who she is, she's definitely going to respect that bond the way same she's shown respect to the powerful (albeit) one-sided bonds Naruto and Sakura still share towards Sasuke.

So with so many people watching at that very moment, Hinata was in no position to interrupt things in the manner that you suggested without disrespecting, Sakura, Naruto, and perhaps even disgracing herself in the process.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 13:50   Link #1205
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
I think that standard romance stories are quite boring, something like a romance in Basilisk is just a crappy version of Romeo and Juliet.
Gotta agree. I mean, I don't think it was crappy but comparing it to Naruto is apples and oranges. The story starts out with its star couple already in love and betrothed. The other pairing in the story also starts out as a couple. The one chick who also wants the hero literally can't love anyone. So there's no real development of relationships.

Good for those who enjoy some romance (and awesome, bloody violence) but not for those who actually like seeing relationships unfold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The scenario you initially suggested would've given Hinata a clear opportunity to re-establish her feelings without coming off as so brash or acting completely out of character for that matter. So if she had passed up a golden opportunity like that, then I'd be able to fully agree with you when you claim "her confession didn't accomplish squat".

That said, I can't agree with you if you're implying that her lack of action to do anything to interrupt Sakura's hug made the accomplishment(s) of her confession meaningless.
The confession wasn't meaningless for Hinata, but it was pretty much inconsequential for everyone else.

Hinata's a courageous person, but she's shy. That's her personality. When she made the confession, it was under really intense circumstances. It's very likely she thought she was going to die protecting Naruto. There wasn't any time for second thoughts.

Interrupting the hug was a joke of course , but I was making an exaggerated point that she hasn't been shown being more open around Naruto at all since then despite laying everything out on the table. She's still the same. So I think that if there was scene where they talked and she realized Naruto doesn't actually remember the confession, but couldn't work up the nerve to admit her feelings again and found herself right back where she started, it would seem natural. She's not in the same desperate situation she was earlier.

But anyways, Kishi didn't do that. And we're unclear as to whether Naruto remembers exactly what she said or not. But I think Naruto not remembering works better than Naruto ignoring it.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 14:29   Link #1206
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Naruto hasn't fawned over Sakura in ages. I believe he's moved on and has devoted himself to Sasuke completely *cough*

Anyway, I believe Naruto should fulfill his master's dream and shack up with Tsunade, with her "eternal" youth it shouldn't be a problem
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 21:46   Link #1207
ColdHearted

I think if there's a chance that Kishi make a total romance here, I don't think that Sakura will ever end her feelings towards Sasuke.

Though that is what Sakura portrait is .
ColdHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 22:48   Link #1208
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Anyway, I believe Naruto should fulfill his master's dream and shack up with Tsunade, with her "eternal" youth it shouldn't be a problem
The Raikage already beat him to that.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 09:43   Link #1209
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
The Raikage already beat him to that.
pfft, that's baseless.
Old 2011-06-02, 12:46   Link #1210
Fran~
floating away...

Jiraiya needed decades to be accepted... Tsunade is not that easy
Old 2011-06-02, 19:01   Link #1211
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Jiraiya needed decades to be accepted... Tsunade is not that easy
He's arguably the closest person to her next to Shizune. Naruto has a better lead than anyone as far as I'm concerned, all he needs to do is grab her from behind and whisper sweet words of comfort than BAM!
Old 2011-06-02, 19:51   Link #1212
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Itachi and Nagato anyone? <3

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 20:05   Link #1213
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
He's arguably the closest person to her next to Shizune. Naruto has a better lead than anyone as far as I'm concerned, all he needs to do is grab her from behind and whisper sweet words of comfort than BAM!
I'm...inclined to agree
Old 2011-06-02, 20:27   Link #1214
Fran~
floating away...

Chibi Tsunade and Chibi Naruto would look so cute together in a fan-art <3

Behold mah mad skillz:

Last edited by Fran~; 2011-06-02 at 20:54.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 22:57   Link #1215
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

You know what Naruto lacks? A ladies man, We have girls that fawn over guys and all, but we don't have a guy that has like mad macking skills that can get any girl wet between the thighs

Oh there's also a lack of definitive hottie females too... someone that makes all the guys go nuts... so far it's only pretty boys that makes the girls go nuts.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:07   Link #1216
Alchemist007
*Author

Raamen girl had potential.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:22   Link #1217
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Oh there's also a lack of definitive hottie females too... someone that makes all the guys go nuts... so far it's only pretty boys that makes the girls go nuts.
The other day was thinking that Kishi isn't a great artist and in that moment my mind came with this idea:

-what if Oh Great were Naruto's author?...

I imagined how sick Susano'o would it be, the hotness of females characters... granted, perhaps the plot would be a little complicated, but the art could be much better than Kishi's.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:36   Link #1218
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
You know what Naruto lacks? A ladies man, We have girls that fawn over guys and all, but we don't have a guy that has like mad macking skills that can get any girl wet between the thighs
Every girl wanted Sasuke. Too bad he was asexual. Jiraiya was a ladies man who got his share, although not the girl he wanted.

The rest of the boys think girls have cooties.

Sai ignored Ino
Sasuke ignores everyone
Shikamaru ignores that Shiho girl and Temari
Naruto ignores Hinata
Neji ignores Tenten

Quote:
Well Sakura now has three guys interested in her. Her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Every other girl is ignored. Even attractive women like Shizune and Mei Terumi can't land a man.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 03:44   Link #1219
ColdHearted

I think there was 2 girls that make Naruto to fall in love and those girls were in the first season of Naruto.
ColdHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 13:34   Link #1220
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I'd like some Ikkitousen stuff in Naruto. That's exactly what's missing!
Temari as Riofu Housen, Sasuke as Totaku, … maybe Shikamaru as Shishi Ouin… and Naruto as Shuyu Kokin :P
I guess Hinata could be Ryomou…

Tags
official pairings