AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-11, 04:14   Link #541
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
The AK-47 and M-16 had very different design requirements, so a direct comparison is sort of missing the point.
Who said anything about AK-47 ?

Quote:
The space shuttle isn't really advanced at all; it's built on '70s technology. And the replacement is going to be the Orion, and it's almost non-reusable like the Soyuz (they plan to reuse the crew module). It's simpler (and a lot better) than the shuttle, so they should be able to get it going in a few years.
Everything is relative. Russian space program is dirt cheap, and when did they last lose any crew members ? In the 50-s ? Orion program will cost billions and is gonna be spoiled, you'll see.

Quote:
As I brought up (much) earlier in this thread, the Heavy Gear game is even more realistic.
I dunno about that...rollerblades and completely modular design ? Well...if there are enough resourses to build all that and more - they are going to be ineffective due to all the same reasons voiced in this thread. In Mechwarrior-verse robots make perfect sense because there is absolutely nothing to replace them with.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 08:22   Link #542
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
I dunno about that...rollerblades and completely modular design ? Well...if there are enough resourses to build all that and more - they are going to be ineffective due to all the same reasons voiced in this thread. In Mechwarrior-verse robots make perfect sense because there is absolutely nothing to replace them with.
I wasn't really saying that the specific technologies of Heavy Gear are more realistic than Battletech. Rather, I was talking about how the gears' combat roles make more sense.