AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 09:25   Link #1741
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXitus View Post
You have a talent for keeping up the pressure... didn't expect anything less from an care(for loli's)bear xD
Yes, I am a troll so I need to keep up the pressure to prevent the thread from dying since I found the conversation between you guys amusing in some way. Anyway, I am ready to flip a loli anytime.
Old 2013-05-20, 09:28   Link #1742
kazzuya13

I wonder who will be the next cover?.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:36   Link #1743
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Elizaveta will be on the cover. A portion of it was included as a preview in the apology post they made in MF Bunko J's blog regarding Vol. 6's lack of illustrations.
Old 2013-05-20, 09:54   Link #1744
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Elizaveta will be on the cover. A portion of it was included as a preview in the apology post they made in MF Bunko J's blog regarding Vol. 6's lack of illustrations.
she sold her soul to a demon in order to surpass ellen;the question is:will she be able to control her newfound power to the end,or will she be possessed beforehand?
personnally,i would bet for the latter,but if tigre,with his bow,was able to save teita from tirfana withouth harming her,there's no reason he could no do the same with her;on the other hand,i'd like to see valentina remain an enemy till the end and thus die,for she must become a necessary sacrifice to make the plote more interesting-i like her illustration and find her very beautiful,but her cynic personnality make her incompatible with tigre,or so i think.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 10:06   Link #1745
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I'm more curious as to whether or not Elizaveta's sudden burst of strength is related to Sasha's diminishing health. Sasha's Viralts have absolutely no intention of leaving her side, not to mention that every doctor who's checked her condition has been left baffled; so sickness is out of the question. I've been thinking that a curse is on Sasha that drains her strength and gives it to Elizaveta in return; only I don't remember the exact timing when Sasha's health began failing, and if Elizaveta's power-up coincides with Sasha's onset of "sickness". I remember it was mentioned in Volume 4 during Elen's flashback, but I just can't remember at the moment. Just one of the possibilities I was entertaining in my head.

Kawaguchi Tsukasa doesn't really like killing off his heroines, so I'm pretty sure Elizaveta and Valentina are going to make it through unscathed, and most likely allied with Tigre in the distant future. I don't think Valentina is hardly incompatible with Tigre at all; I can see her ruthless, cold tactical planning approach being helpful to Tigre when he has to make harsh decisions, and she can probably come off as a sarcastic chastiser as a foil to his optimistic personality.
Old 2013-05-20, 10:54   Link #1746
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but 貫いている means "piercing" or "penetrating", and as he puts it right by "horn", I just assume he means the makeshift horn is meant to stab.

And the 2 I assume is to compliment her first move, 牙崩の壱(アジンクリーク). So it could be something instead like: The Second: Piercing Horn, but I'm not too sure if the の弐 has other connotations. I'm pretty sure it isn't a pair of horns as well. As for what it does, I actually found a site that describes it and the other Vanadis' moves a bit.
Ah, in that case it makes much more sense. So her first move is pretty much The First: Collapsing Fang(Ajincreek)... But that style of calling out your attacks is still odd. I can see how it works though.

Last edited by Iskatar; 2013-05-20 at 11:27.
Iskatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 11:03   Link #1747
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
she sold her soul to a demon in order to surpass ellen;the question is:will she be able to control her newfound power to the end,or will she be possessed beforehand?
personnally,i would bet for the latter,but if tigre,with his bow,was able to save teita from tirfana withouth harming her,there's no reason he could no do the same with her;on the other hand,i'd like to see valentina remain an enemy till the end and thus die,for she must become a necessary sacrifice to make the plote more interesting-i like her illustration and find her very beautiful,but her cynic personnality make her incompatible with tigre,or so i think.
I kinda thinks that the goddess of death neutralized Tigre's arrow before it kills Teita as part of the test, in the actual event he does shoot her. I guess Elizaveta has to be redeemed some other way other than taking an arrow to the knee.. I mean chest.
Old 2013-05-20, 11:05   Link #1748
kazzuya13

Quote:
I'm more curious as to whether or not Elizaveta's sudden burst of strength is related to Sasha's diminishing health. Sasha's Viralts have absolutely no intention of leaving her side, not to mention that every doctor who's checked her condition has been left baffled; so sickness is out of the question. I've been thinking that a curse is on Sasha that drains her strength and gives it to Elizaveta in return; only I don't remember the exact timing when Sasha's health began failing, and if Elizaveta's power-up coincides with Sasha's onset of "sickness". I remember it was mentioned in Volume 4 during Elen's flashback, but I just can't remember at the moment. Just one of the possibilities I was entertaining in my head.

Kawaguchi Tsukasa doesn't really like killing off his heroines, so I'm pretty sure Elizaveta and Valentina are going to make it through unscathed, and most likely allied with Tigre in the distant future. I don't think Valentina is hardly incompatible with Tigre at all; I can see her ruthless, cold tactical planning approach being helpful to Tigre when he has to make harsh decisions, and she can probably come off as a sarcastic chastiser as a foil to his optimistic personality.
As much as we like kind and honorable heroines in war time we also need those who can make cold and calculated actions. for most heroine Tigre is the one pulling them along maybe for Valentina it could be reversed.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 13:19   Link #1749
eXitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
I kinda thinks that the goddess of death neutralized Tigre's arrow before it kills Teita as part of the test, in the actual event he does shoot her. I guess Elizaveta has to be redeemed some other way other than taking an arrow to the knee.. I mean chest.
If my memory serves me right, there was no mention of him actually notching an arrow, so it was "only" a surge of pure power from the very beginning. While it's unsure if that power has the ability to cleanse someone of a demon that's possessing them, the possibility exits.
Let's assume it has that kind of ability, I doubt he would use it for Elizaveta's sake at the very start... rather than using it on Eliza, I think using it on Sasha to sever that curse is more likely. To use it on Eliza, he would firstly need some kind of clue that Sasha's illness/curse is linked to Eliza... and the only being that could give that clue (Without someone betraying Eliza.) would be Tirnafa/the black bow (I somewhat think both are "one and the same" or rather the bow is linked to her.).

On a sidenote, I'm wondering when the first "true" magician will make his/her entrance. Until now we have magical/godlike/dragonic weapons, demons and maybe a curse... there should be some people out there with "true" magic ability's of some kind.
There is no god, only some dude with unlimited POWAARRR and to much free time on his hands, who has a hobby of putting a lifeform on a prior peaceful planet, so he can watch how tranquility, harmony and peace turns into chaos.
eXitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 14:43   Link #1750
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskatar View Post
So her first move is pretty much The First: Collapsing Fang(Ajincreek)... But that style of calling out your attacks is still odd. I can see how it works though.
I'd say it's Odinklyk. Or I suppose Japanese doesn't really care for spaces for words and it could be Odin Klyk. I just imagine they announce moves because their weapons are sentient and it's basically instructing them on what to do. Listening to Google's pronunciation for these Russian words is interesting.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2013-05-20 at 14:49. Reason: Deductive reasoning dictates I'm an idiot, fixed
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 18:38   Link #1751
Hiyono

In v6c2, it mentions that Sasha's illness isn't something that's only occurred recently. As such, it's unlikely that it's related to Elizaveta's newfound strength (which is stated by her to have not existed a year previous).
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 23:00   Link #1752
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
As much as we like kind and honorable heroines in war time we also need those who can make cold and calculated actions. for most heroine Tigre is the one pulling them along maybe for Valentina it could be reversed.
And that's why I'm rooting for Valentina. I'd love to see her take on a similar role like Mila once she allies with him; critical of Tigre's actions and decisions, only in a more calculating and devious manner (possibly even tongue-in-cheek sarcastic). Her ability to plan contingencies ahead in case of any possibility would be very beneficial as well, 'cause as she is now, Valentina is just a third-party trying to take into account forces beyond her understanding (Tigre, Ganelon and co.) into her schemes. It's going to eventually bite her in the butt, and I'm guessing Tigre will be the one to save her ass once she's landed from the frying pan and into the fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
In v6c2, it mentions that Sasha's illness isn't something that's only occurred recently. As such, it's unlikely that it's related to Elizaveta's newfound strength (which is stated by her to have not existed a year previous).
Thanks for the clarification. Woohoo, away with you, vile, mistaken speculation of mine!
Old 2013-05-21, 02:36   Link #1753
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
I'd say it's Odinklyk. Or I suppose Japanese doesn't really care for spaces for words and it could be Odin Klyk. I just imagine they announce moves because their weapons are sentient and it's basically instructing them on what to do. Listening to Google's pronunciation for these Russian words is interesting.
Hmm... Perhaps it would be better to use Ajinklyk then? Since 'Odin' is primarily associated with that silly god and most people in English pronounce it as such and not 'Ajin'. Thank you, translation issues.

Last edited by Iskatar; 2013-05-21 at 02:48.
Iskatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 02:34   Link #1754
eXitus

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Woohoo, away with you, vile, mistaken speculation of mine!
While it may not be related to Eliza, it could still be a curse. From what I remember reading, a dragonic tool doesn't wait for it's wielders death to choose a new one. So why does it still stay with Sasha, even though there should be lots of people who would be stronger than her current state?

But what strikes me the most is that her dragonic tool has either no idea whats going on with her, just didn't tell her or she knows but doesnt say anything. After all, the dragonic tools seem to be able to communicate with their wielder. They should have more knowledge than their wielder too. It really just seems odd to me...
There is no god, only some dude with unlimited POWAARRR and to much free time on his hands, who has a hobby of putting a lifeform on a prior peaceful planet, so he can watch how tranquility, harmony and peace turns into chaos.
eXitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 11:12   Link #1755
noobarta

Quote:
While it may not be related to Eliza, it could still be a curse. From what I remember reading, a dragonic tool doesn't wait for it's wielders death to choose a new one. So why does it still stay with Sasha, even though there should be lots of people who would be stronger than her current state?

But what strikes me the most is that her dragonic tool has either no idea whats going on with her, just didn't tell her or she knows but doesnt say anything. After all, the dragonic tools seem to be able to communicate with their wielder. They should have more knowledge than their wielder too. It really just seems odd to me...
Well the Viralt's can't really communicate in words with it's user. They usually just release a form of their element as an emotional response. Like Ludmira's spear made the air around Tigre cold to show dislike at times. Or Ellen's Arifal which teased Tigre with the wind, or "grumbled" when Ellen used it to pull pranks(Used wind to unlock Lim's door and peek inside lol)

So they can't really tell the user what's wrong.

However you do raise a good point with the curse and the possibility of Sasha's Viralt being unable to recognize it, hence why it's still attached to her
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:39   Link #1756
Hiyono

This is all assuming that it is a curse, and not just an actual illness, which I'd imagine the Vanadis would be susceptible to, same as anyone else. That said, given the style of "twists" the author has used so far, I find a curse to be far more likely.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 16:39   Link #1757
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:

mayby its a curse like the one from eian no asalia that uruka had
Old 2013-05-23, 17:59   Link #1758
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Hey guys. New to the thread and all. Just came across the series from one of nom@ns posts and I gotta say it got me hooked. Got me reading a whole night straight until volume 3 and finished off the rest the next day.
Old 2013-05-23, 18:37   Link #1759
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Hey guys. New to the thread and all. Just came across the series from one of nom@ns posts and I gotta say it got me hooked. Got me reading a whole night straight until volume 3 and finished off the rest the next day.
We have a new addict~! mwahhahahahahha
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 19:09   Link #1760
whitecloud

my guess of sasha ilness maybe some long term poisoning, after all this is an LN revolving around politics and like...

anyway im hungry for a new chapter...nom...nom....
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)