AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-06, 22:01   Link #201
Kirarakim

I am not really feeling the series personally but I honestly would be shocked if all of this is leading to Rokka accepting Shimao in Hazuki's body. What exactly would be the message behind that?

Although more importantly I think it should be Shimao to finally let Rokka go and realize that even if it was unfair (in life's way) that he lost his life, he can't take that away from Hazuki.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-09-06 at 22:11.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 22:45   Link #202
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am not really feeling the series personally but I honestly would be shocked if all of this is leading to Rokka accepting Shimao in Hazuki's body.
It's pretty ambiguous as to what the status of things actually is now. Is young boy's spirit now, for all intents and purposes, "dead?" He had his funeral in the fantasy world, and now he's floating around in the forest as a ghost. Can he really even return to his body? Rokka-fairychan doesn't seem to think so.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Rokka-chan accepted having ghost boy permanently "living" in young boy's body, I do doubt that that is how things will turn out.

Quote:
Although more importantly I think it should be Shimao to finally let Rokka go and realize that even if it was unfair (in life's way) that he lost his life, he can't take that away from Hazuki.
Ghost boy may have become even more possessive since he gained control of young boy's body. He still thinks Rokka-chan "belongs" to him. Now, not only has he again threatened to get young boy arrested, this time he has even threatened to murder his own wife to do so. That's some tough love. He reminds me of local bureaucrats, give them some power and it goes to their heads. He may have been a wonderful husband, and a sweet, gentle guy before he died, but now that he's got ahold of some supernatural powers, he seems to have left that all behind.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 23:12   Link #203
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

All of the characters are acting out of their motivations of love. But love is not a simply positive force. Besides the beautiful tenderness and passion it produces between Atsushi and Rokka, it at the same time makes Atsushi possessive and jealous, while it makes Rokka fixated upon the past. GE and FF are arguing the two opposite sides of love, but I think the anime's point is that these sides are inextricably united. Ryusuke expresses just this dual point of view when he reflects sympathetically upon Atsushi's situation as a ghost, watching over Rokka: "Is that creepy? Or admirable? Two ways of looking at it..." The point of the anime is to show us that love demands just this double perspective: love is at once creepy and admirable.

I don't believe the mangaka has any patience with the idealized conventional notion of love.

A Blossoming Flower in the Snowy Winter
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 03:29   Link #204
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
There's no way she'd accept the current situation - not a chance. She just needed a few minutes to get past her astonishment that Shimao had come back to her before she asked the hard questions.
The "a few minutes" isn't exactly plausible, though. I mean, she prepared the rice balls. There's a gradual process of realisation and confusion growing in her; so before she set off she was already certain enough to make those rice balls.

This isn't a few minutes of astonishment. This is the twisted end of a twisted development full of confusion. The rice balls, to me, prove that she was at least attemption to communicate with her dead husband. It could have been a funeral offering; it could have been a peace offer; it could have been something even less tangible.

But the question was always at the back of her mind. Surely, when she set off. ("Since when?" was one of her first questions when she had the suspicion, remember?)

Go back in time, and you find Rokka who's flattered that a young guy would want her aging self. Is that the extent of her response? She hasn't let go of her husband yet. In that normally already confusing situation, suddenly her dead husband appears in this young (and with the exception of eyesight healthier) body. So what now? Where does she stand?

"Since when" is a vital question. At that point, she must be horribly uncertain who she fell in love with. I'm thinking the question has deep meaning for Rokka, and how she handles the situation, but not necessarily a decisive one whether or not she's okay with her husband ursuping that body.

The key issue between them that's left unresolved is this: Atsushi didn't really want a divorce, and Rokka doesn't have to throw away his things. But on the other hand Rokka needn't cling to every memory of her husband like that. Instead, she should treasure them as what they are: momories.

One possible resolution: Close down the flower shop, but keep the Natsuyuki plant. (Realise that the last two episodes were the titular rendesvous. I'm thinking the title has been fulfilled.) There are other ways for the plot to proceed, too.

Hazuki is allergic to canned fish and dies from all the rice balls Atsushi has unwittingly eaten. Now they both hang around the flower shop, while Rokka grows old and dies in debt, because she refuses to adapt the shop to new fashion.

What I'm seeing in this relationship mess isn't primarily that Rokka needs to choose one of the guys. Rather it's that they all need to accept and master their desires and move on. They're all ruled by them: Rokka is literally bound up in the past, since the shop is pretty much all she has (and it's meaning is clear). Atsushi doesn't even have a body; all he has (until the switch) is the tantalising presence of his wife. With Ryusuke, rather than love, I get the feeling that he wants to achieve something (his rivalry with Atsushi looks much more real than his love for Rokka, though maybe that's just me). They all need to rethink their fixations.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 06:21   Link #205
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.10

well with got all happen sure hazuki see himself in snow white casket til it al ghost husband doing so punch the ghost husband.

then some talk ghost husband push hazuki to fall & wake up see notice he now a floating ghost see ghost husband is his body with glasses & hair cut with rokka having rice balls.

some more talk give want body & also ghost husband talk rokka with him to afterlife give hazuki still watching him & oh rokka notice it was ghost husband doing all the things as hazuki just to ask where is hazuki's spirit?

one ep to go.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 09:05   Link #206
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
All of the characters are acting out of their motivations of love. But love is not a simply positive force. Besides the beautiful tenderness and passion it produces between Atsushi and Rokka, it at the same time makes Atsushi possessive and jealous, while it makes Rokka fixated upon the past. GE and FF are arguing the two opposite sides of love, but I think the anime's point is that these sides are inextricably united. Ryusuke expresses just this dual point of view when he reflects sympathetically upon Atsushi's situation as a ghost, watching over Rokka: "Is that creepy? Or admirable? Two ways of looking at it..." The point of the anime is to show us that love demands just this double perspective: love is at once creepy and admirable.

I don't believe the mangaka has any patience with the idealized conventional notion of love.
Perhaps that is what the anime is saying Atsushi and Rokka's love has become something dark and twisted compared to what it was in life. They both can't let go of each other and this is the result.

However I still can't see that as the end result of the story. If Atsushi and Rokka's love were only affecting each other that is one thing but Hazuki is still a player in the story.
Old 2012-09-07, 11:29   Link #207
ookamigirl

Wow! Hazuki even turned into Shimao now.
Looks like staying in the sketchbook for too long had some consequences.
The whole snow white thing was just weird.
Shimao & Hazuki heart to heart was just no good for Hezuki.
Rokka was enjoying having Shimao back from the dead.
The only loser in the whole situation was naive Hazuki.
Seems like those two switched places.
I was surprised she even asked about the real Hazuki whereabouts..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 14:57   Link #208
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Quote:
Perhaps that is what the anime is saying Atsushi and Rokka's love has become something dark and twisted compared to what it was in life. They both can't let go of each other and this is the result.
The hard lesson is that love is always beautiful and dark and twisted at the same time. They couldn't let each other go while Atsushi was alive. This is love, even the ideal of love: "I will never let you go," "You are my one and only soul-mate," etc. The device of a ghost brilliantly brings out just how selfish and self-destructive such feelings intrinsically are.

Quote:
However I still can't see that as the end result of the story. If Atsushi and Rokka's love were only affecting each other that is one thing but Hazuki is still a player in the story.
We will see! But Rokka's feelings are still up to her. Ryusuke can't decide for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
"Since when" is a vital question. At that point, she must be horribly uncertain who she fell in love with. I'm thinking the question has deep meaning for Rokka, and how she handles the situation, but not necessarily a decisive one whether or not she's okay with her husband usurping that body.
I think her initial question to herself does express just this uncertainty. But the question she poses now in this episode ("Shimao-kun, how long have you...") does suggest the reality of her feelings for Ryusuke.

Look at how the narrative goes. After Rokka begins her question, Atsushi responds with his own question: "Is it really important how long it's been me?" This question I think means to ask Rokka if Ryusuke matters to her. If all that counts is that she and her husband are back together now, then it doesn't really signify when he first started being with her again. But if Ryusuke does matter to her, then she needs to know where he is, and when he stopped being himself, which are, of course, the very questions by which Rokka closes the episode.

Rokka's response to Atsushi's question makes the same point. At first she says, "No, but," but then she looks down, and says "Yes. / Sorry." Initially, Rokka is reluctant to admit her feelings for another man to her husband, but then the reality of her love overrides her reticence, compels her "yes," followed by an apology to her husband for hurting his feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
What I'm seeing in this relationship mess isn't primarily that Rokka needs to choose one of the guys. Rather it's that they all need to accept and master their desires and move on. They're all ruled by them: Rokka is literally bound up in the past, since the shop is pretty much all she has (and it's meaning is clear). Atsushi doesn't even have a body; all he has (until the switch) is the tantalizing presence of his wife. With Ryusuke, rather than love, I get the feeling that he wants to achieve something (his rivalry with Atsushi looks much more real than his love for Rokka, though maybe that's just me). They all need to rethink their fixations.
Excellent.

Old 2012-09-07, 15:01   Link #209
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Personally, I think "demand" is too strong, but, I have to rely on English subs, which may not translate the original Japanese language all that well (she also didn't look like she was demanding anything). And, of course, I disagree that she would not accept the current situation. I don't see any indication from her that she wouldn't. Indeed, it looked more like she was perfectly happy to have her husband back, no matter what or how he got there. Rokka-chan asking about young boy didn't seem to me to be asking " hard questions." It seemed more like an afterthought, "Oh, by the way, where's Hazuki-kun? Oh, and was it you or Hazuki-kun who screwed me?"

At least I admit that I might be wrong, and do not make absolute claims to know how the characters will react, what will happen in future episodes, or how things will turn out in the end. And I will be the first to admit it if I turn out to be wrong.

And, of course, like everyone else here, I am perfectly entitled to my opinions.
I thought it was very clear in the way she asked that she cared about where Hazuki was. After all she specifically asked "Where is Hazuki?" at the end and she had to push for it. To me that was pretty much confirmation that she wasn't going to allow Hazuki to be sacrificed for Shimao.

And in end Shimao is all talk. He also specifically thought "Just the right thing for a last supper" as he ate that rice ball and left that "although it's for the last time" line hanging. Even he isn't serious about taking over Hazuki's body for good. And despite everything that's happened to Hazuki he's still taking everything in stride so he clearly sees Shimao's bluff and has faith in him doing the right thing in the end.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 15:22   Link #210
Kirarakim

Quote:
The hard lesson is that love is always beautiful and dark and twisted at the same time.
Always? I really don't agree with that at all.

I agree that love can sometimes be dark and twisted just like it can sometimes be pure and beautiful but to say that love can always manifest into something possessive and not being able to let go, no I don't agree with that and I don't think I am being idealistc either. Love doesn't have to turn into Rokka & Atsushi, it could but it doesn't have to.

I do think in life they had a good love but as that love ended too soon & beyond their control it became what it did. I think they both tried their best but they let their true feelings about the loss bottle up in the end and I think this is the result.

Quote:
We will see! But Rokka's feelings are still up to her. Ryusuke can't decide for her.

I don't understand what you mean Ryusuke can't decide for her? I am not saying that Rokka needs to love Ryusuke, that's her decision, but it's certainly not her decision whether her dead husband stays in his body.

Quite honestly despite what the series might say I am not able to buy Rokka's feelings for Ryusuke. That relationship just does not work for me at all.

However in my mind Atsushi taking over his body is something entirely separate from who love's who. It doesn't matter if Rokka & Atsushi want another chance together. It doesn't matter if Rokka loves Ryusuke in the end....what matters is Ryusuke's life is his life and Atsushi and Rokka do not have the right to decide whether Atsushi stays alive...Atsushi is only alive because he has taken over someone else's life...that is unacceptable.

Perhaps Atsushi dying was unfair. Perhaps Atsushi always being sick was unfair but that has nothing to do with Ryusuke. It's like if my money was stolen I would decide it's alright to steal from someone else.
Old 2012-09-07, 20:03   Link #211
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought it was very clear in the way she asked that she cared about where Hazuki was. After all she specifically asked "Where is Hazuki?" at the end and she had to push for it. To me that was pretty much confirmation that she wasn't going to allow Hazuki to be sacrificed for Shimao.
Of course you might be right about that, but I'm not convinced that she'd rather have young boy back in his body than have her dead husband's spirit in there, instead. And, as it stands, she might not know exactly what she'd rather have, either. Asking about young boy is not the same as a condemnation of her husband for taking over his body. After all, her train of thought might also be something like, "Where is he? Is he okay? Will he be alright now that you have taken over his body?" Just because she's asking where he is, doesn't mean that she would prefer to have him back instead of her husband. We just don't know, yet.

Quote:
And in end Shimao is all talk. He also specifically thought "Just the right thing for a last supper" as he ate that rice ball and left that "although it's for the last time" line hanging. Even he isn't serious about taking over Hazuki's body for good. And despite everything that's happened to Hazuki he's still taking everything in stride so he clearly sees Shimao's bluff and has faith in him doing the right thing in the end.
Ghost boy may not be serous about taking over young boy's body for good, but he sure does seem serious about not letting him have a chance with Rokka-chan. He might just be serious about getting young boy arrested for murdering Rokka-chan. Having faith that ghost boy would do the right thing is what got young boy into the predicament that he's in now, a predicament that he may never get out of.
Old 2012-09-07, 23:31   Link #212
Dawnstorm

Quote:
I think her initial question to herself does express just this uncertainty. But the question she poses now in this episode ("Shimao-kun, how long have you...") does suggest the reality of her feelings for Ryusuke.
They're certainly real. But her feelings for her dead husband are real to. And she needs to disentangle those. What we have here is, certainly, a decision: She may not know exactly how to interpret her feelings, but circumstance forces a decision from her. I agree that she is committing herself to Ryusuke.

The one thing all three, I think, are certain about (but are ready to face in varying degrees) is that this situation is not optimal, and that eventually Ryusuke will have his body back. And Rokka is taking responsibility.

The question, as important as it is, is still left unresolved. If her feelings for Ryusuke were all that clear at that point, why is the question important in the first place? Look at the final question:

"Where is that Hazuki-kun I fell in love with?" (She says, basically, "the hazuki-kun I fell in love with...", puases, then repeats his name, and then she says something like "where did he go to?" [I hardly speak any Japanese, but that's what it sounded like to me ("doko ni... something")])

You're certainly right: rhetorically, this excludes Atsushi. On the basis of the since-when question, we can assume that "the Hazuki I fell in love with," is not necessarily the same as the second "Hazuki-kun". Thus the repetition is - rhetorically speaking - a clarification, and the point is: "I'm not talking about you, even though I might have."

But what I'm seeing here is not so much a clarity of feeling (i.e. the original question is important and unresolved), but more a clarity of decision (Hazuki-kun should return to his body, and if he does I will continue that relationship). She's no more certain than she was when she puts the question to herself, but now she has a path to follow. I think what we're seeing is resolve.

It's a very difficult situation, and I certainly don't have it all worked out.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 03:34   Link #213
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Of course you might be right about that, but I'm not convinced that she'd rather have young boy back in his body than have her dead husband's spirit in there, instead. And, as it stands, she might not know exactly what she'd rather have, either. Asking about young boy is not the same as a condemnation of her husband for taking over his body. After all, her train of thought might also be something like, "Where is he? Is he okay? Will he be alright now that you have taken over his body?" Just because she's asking where he is, doesn't mean that she would prefer to have him back instead of her husband. We just don't know, yet.
You're making it sound as if she thinks it's a matter of preference but just because she might love her husband more than Hazuki, doesn't mean she'd be willing to let Shimao take over Hazuki's body.

What she said wasn't condemnation but it's clear that despite getting to see her dead husband after 3 years, she's willing to ruin the whole thing by talking about Hazuki. You're right in that from a Watsonian perspective, there isn't enough evidence for a completely foolproof conclusion but I think the Doylist perspective of Rokka asking that question is pretty clear. Not to mention that letting hazuki be the sacrifice would completely go against the overall laid back, calm and sometimes comical tone of the show. I don't think we should be expecting another Wasurenagumo

Quote:
Ghost boy may not be serous about taking over young boy's body for good, but he sure does seem serious about not letting him have a chance with Rokka-chan. He might just be serious about getting young boy arrested for murdering Rokka-chan. Having faith that ghost boy would do the right thing is what got young boy into the predicament that he's in now, a predicament that he may never get out of.
Why would Shimao not be willing to take over Hazuki's body but would be willing to kill Rokka and get Hazuki arrested? No, I don't think Shimao is actually serious about making sure Hazuki doesn't get to be with Rokka. I will if he actually does something to make sure Hazuki doesn't get to be with Rokka, but so far he hasn't actually done anything except make a load of needless threats.
Old 2012-09-09, 07:49   Link #214
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
You're making it sound as if she thinks it's a matter of preference but just because she might love her husband more than Hazuki, doesn't mean she'd be willing to let Shimao take over Hazuki's body.
Perhaps it's just a matter of how you worded that, but Rokka-chan doesn't have any say over whether or not ghost boy takes over young boy's body. Indeed, he already has, unbeknowst to her. We do agree that she may not be willing to accept the current situation as a permanent one, but, then again, she just might.

Quote:
What she said wasn't condemnation but it's clear that despite getting to see her dead husband after 3 years, she's willing to ruin the whole thing by talking about Hazuki.
I doubt the thought that she might "ruin the whole thing by talking about Hazuki" crossed her mind. To me, it seemed more like an afterthought, something like having a smoke after a long, hot, steamy bout of sex. Sometimes people inadvertantly say things that "spoil the mood" without any forethought. Nonetheless, it didn't even seem like any mood was spoiled by her questions.

Quote:
You're right in that from a Watsonian perspective, there isn't enough evidence for a completely foolproof conclusion but I think the Doylist perspective of Rokka asking that question is pretty clear. Not to mention that letting hazuki be the sacrifice would completely go against the overall laid back, calm and sometimes comical tone of the show. I don't think we should be expecting another Wasurenagumo
I will admit that I was quite disappointed by the ending of Wasurenagumo, but I wouldn't be if we did get something akin to that here. Like I said before, I don't really expect something of that sort, but when I first started watching this series, I also didn't expect it to turn into a ghost-takes-over-someone-else's-body type of show, but it did, anyway.

Quote:
Why would Shimao not be willing to take over Hazuki's body but would be willing to kill Rokka and get Hazuki arrested? No, I don't think Shimao is actually serious about making sure Hazuki doesn't get to be with Rokka. I will if he actually does something to make sure Hazuki doesn't get to be with Rokka, but so far he hasn't actually done anything except make a load of needless threats.
Who knows what the script writers have in mind? At this point, anything could happen. Maybe Rokka-chan will say, "I've had it enough with both of you idiots," sell the store, and move to Paris where she becomes a famous Japanese Flower Artist. Now that I'd like to see.
Old 2012-09-09, 14:32   Link #215
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Kirarakim, thanks for your response. I found it curious that you also recurred to hydraulic metaphors, when you spoke of Rokka and Atsushi letting their true feelings bottle up. My own sense is that they had no choice about this--a point you yourself suggest when you say they tried their best, but to no avail. Love constructs their choices, and is not something they can control. It is just this fact that makes love at once beautiful and monstrous. Rokka cannot get over Atsushi, which testifies to their beautiful commitment to each other; but the fact she cannot get over Atsushi means she is endlessly repining in a wasteland of mourning and regret. Atsushi cannot leave Rokka, which expresses a beautiful devotion; but the fact that he cannot leave her expresses at the same time the creepy monomania of a stalker, as Ryusuke reflects.

In this context, Dawnstorm speaks of the need for the characters to "accept and master their desires and move on." I am not sure that this is possible, either in this anime or in real life. No doubt we do such things, but my suspicion is that when we do we simply exchange one desire for another, one master for another. We are always slaves to some beautiful necessity.

Dawnstorm, I found your contrast between a clarity of decision and a confusion of feeling completely interesting.

One oddity to note is that it is Atsushi who forces the decision upon Rokka, first by bringing up the fact that her staring at him is going to be for the last time, then by bringing up himself the issue of "the owner of this body," and finally by crystallizing the issue by asking Rokka if it is really important how long he has inhabited Ryusuke's body. In some sense Atsushi is acting on Ryusuke's behalf, by forcibly reminding her of him.

I would tie this back to the confusion of feeling you refer to. Of course that confusion pertains mainly to Rokka, to how she cannot distinguish her feelings for Atsushi from those for Ryusuke. But I would also note that the anime goes to some length to confuse the two men together. They have different personalities and histories to be sure. But they stand in the same role toward Rokka, for one thing. They think about her similarly--striking that in the same episode they both talk about how beautiful they find her round head, for example. They share some of the same responses to nature and learn the same lessons about how to live life intensely in the moment. Even your point about their rivalry being more real to Ryusuke than his love for Rokka might be fairly applied to the current Atsushi. And then there are the disguises and fairy-tale escapades by which the animation interchanges the two together.

I want to take all this back to what you said much earlier about the shop being a reservoir of Atsushi's existence, and how Rokka and then Ryusuke live within this influence and become molded by it. I take from this the idea that identity itself is amorphous. Perhaps whoever lives in the shop, or who has a relationship with Rokka, is bound to become a version of Atsushi. Perhaps Atsushi himself was only a version of this basic identity. In which case, as a ghost he is not so much a vestige of the dead individual, but rather a genius locii, a spirit of the place, a kami. And that would be why Rokka finds her feelings confused. The two men she loves are in some deep sense the same.

Last edited by hyperborealis; 2012-09-09 at 14:54.
Old 2012-09-10, 14:01   Link #216
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Perhaps it's just a matter of how you worded that, but Rokka-chan doesn't have any say over whether or not ghost boy takes over young boy's body. Indeed, he already has, unbeknowst to her. We do agree that she may not be willing to accept the current situation as a permanent one, but, then again, she just might.
She may not have a say but I doubt she'd be happy if she did have a problem with it. If she did, then it's hard to imagine how she'd simply let Hazuki be the sacrifice.

Quote:
I doubt the thought that she might "ruin the whole thing by talking about Hazuki" crossed her mind. To me, it seemed more like an afterthought, something like having a smoke after a long, hot, steamy bout of sex. Sometimes people inadvertantly say things that "spoil the mood" without any forethought. Nonetheless, it didn't even seem like any mood was spoiled by her questions.
She may not have thought of doing it consciously but when it came down to she still did. From a storyline perspective, it's clear the way Shimao tried to evade the question and the way she paused and hesitated a lot, showed that she really needed to know. In fact that's what she said herself. If it was really just an afterthought then she would've gone with the flow and let Shimao evade the question like she was close to doing so. As you can see from the way she talks slowly and carefully, the whole thing is clearly tense for her, which is far cry away from the happy and relaxed mood she was in previously.

Not to mention the way she asks "Where is Hazuki?" at the end is loaded with the cues. Once again she pauses a lot whilst asking and we get a pan to Hazuki right at the end as well as a brief pause before the ED starts playing, almost like in a cliffhanger-esque way. They're clearly showing just how important it is that Rokka asks that question. I mean make sense otherwise. If the way she asked the question really was just a an afterthought, then why did they just decide to end the the episode there, right in the middle of a conversation?

Quote:
I will admit that I was quite disappointed by the ending of Wasurenagumo, but I wouldn't be if we did get something akin to that here. Like I said before, I don't really expect something of that sort, but when I first started watching this series, I also didn't expect it to turn into a ghost-takes-over-someone-else's-body type of show, but it did, anyway.
Yeah but that plot development didn't totally turn the calm and laid back mood of the show on it's head. It was just a an unexpected plot development.

Quote:
Who knows what the script writers have in mind? At this point, anything could happen. Maybe Rokka-chan will say, "I've had it enough with both of you idiots," sell the store, and move to Paris where she becomes a famous Japanese Flower Artist. Now that I'd like to see.
Honestly I think it's very clear what the writers have in mind. They've been very subtle about it, but for me the result is pretty clear.
Old 2012-09-11, 01:17   Link #217
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Honestly I think it's very clear what the writers have in mind. They've been very subtle about it, but for me the result is pretty clear.
It looks to me as if she is about to sort of unintentionally shame Shimao into letting Hazuki have his body back. Unfortunately, I actually care so little about either guy -- or maybe any of the three people here -- that I might find it interesting if she and Shimao lived happily ever after. But I don't think that is where the writers are taking this.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 17:12   Link #218
Dop
Mmmm....

Spoiler for Episode 11:

One of the things I've always loved about the Noitamina slot is that it's often been a home for shows like this, shows I'd call "anime for grown-ups", and I hope that while next season's offerings are taking a different tack, that there'll still be room on there for shows like this one.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 22:24   Link #219
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.11 aka finale

well the story has ended seem all works out fine at least.

while hazuki watch rokka confess to her ghost husband she love hazuki give all remember & ghost husband staying with rokka.

give ghost husband will give hazuki his body if rokka go with him yet hazuki trying tell rokka to stay ghost husband seen him back to storybook wonderland with mini heart queen rokka.

after seem like could be "end" but it time to move on so rokka live give one last gifts a bite kiss on neck with cheeks grab & give hazuki his body back.

now hazuki back in body telling storyland with mini rokka then see real rokka mention married.

cue 65 yrs later rokka & hazuki's daughter talking with Atushi's sister now old lady give both rokka & hazuki later pass on mention on shop & room.

& oh rokka & hazuki's grandkid meet ghost husband with ghost husband telling grandkid clean the room & move on.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 23:05   Link #220
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

So nobody got caught off guard when shimao told the kid
Spoiler: