AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-08, 06:47   Link #21
foxdie

Quote:
Plus they should have removed pretty much all the random combat, the only purpose of the random combat is to make the game longer. All Final Fantasy games have that problem.
WHY? I love my turnbased RPG's, we've got action games enough already (too much if you ask me), let's just keep some things as they are.

And to find out who Cloud really was was the best moment in the game for me. The first time a game storlyline actually surprised me.
Old 2004-01-08, 07:53   Link #22
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdie
WHY? I love my turnbased RPG's, we've got action games enough already (too much if you ask me), let's just keep some things as they are.
I never said I didn't like turnbased combat or that the game should have had realtime combat. I meant the game has way too many random unavoidable combat with enemies that you can beat with just pressing the attack button over and over.

They could have easily removed almost all of those fights and just have kept the sub-boss/boss battles. The game would have been shorter but more interesting in my opinion.
Old 2004-01-08, 09:09   Link #23
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Its not as much that FFVII has mass plot holes, more so it has "what?" holes. If you look deeply into the story, you'll notice theres lots of dialog that simply isn't followed up on and lots of the story that is hard to consume.

One of the ones people are most puzzled about is Aeris in the Gold Saucer Inn. Why does she run off to bed like that? She was about to say something, but what? Never explained or looked back on again.
What were the Cetra? What was Jenova? Why were they here? Who was in controll - Jenova or Sephiroth? What was Cloud? There were vague hints about him being a possible clone (allthough I don't believe this, I believe Cloud is Cloud). The game explains a lot of this, but half heartidly and very vagully.

Fan discussion On FFVII basically goes as deep as it does with Evangelion. I can probebly dig up a link or two if you like.
Old 2004-01-08, 10:06   Link #24
Rama
seen Beautiful Life yet?

Hmm, the time I bought FF7 there was no game that had a better storyline.
After replaying it several times I think that every "plot hole" is explained at one
point in the game. Even FF6/3 wasn't that interresting.
I never wanted to play it again to find out more about it...
I was used to bitmap graphics at that time, so the prerendered backgrounds looked great
Well, music is always a matter of taste and I loved it (I still listen to the OST regularly).
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
Oddly alot of it sounded like remixed FF6 music.
Composer of every Final Fantasy is Nobuo Uematsu and his style always resembles
his older work...
Old 2004-01-08, 10:40   Link #25
Joe Dalton

aaaaw 2 bad about guilty gear someone told me there was an anime of it and they had seen it

And about FF7 its just a matter of opinion and what you can compare it 2 (what you have played)
I guess for some it was amazing and for tohers it was just so so or even bad dont think youre going to convince anyone and since this topic is about should there be an anime i dont even see why the combat modes go into play with the topic
Old 2004-01-08, 15:12   Link #26
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama
Hmm, the time I bought FF7 there was no game that had a better storyline.
After replaying it several times I think that every "plot hole" is explained at one
point in the game. Even FF6/3 wasn't that interresting.
I never wanted to play it again to find out more about it...
I was used to bitmap graphics at that time, so the prerendered backgrounds looked great
Well, music is always a matter of taste and I loved it (I still listen to the OST regularly).

Composer of every Final Fantasy is Nobuo Uematsu and his style always resembles
his older work...
Really then if red is the last of his kind,why does he have kids at the end?
Old 2004-01-08, 15:17   Link #27
Tritium
doaho...

Quote:
maybe hojo changed him to a hermaphrodite (or however you spell that )
Old 2004-01-08, 15:38   Link #28
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Perhaps his species is asexual
Old 2004-01-08, 15:38   Link #29
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
There's no way to tell thats RedXIII at the end by the by. However the answer to this falls under "Why not?" or possibly a bad translation....
Old 2004-01-08, 15:39   Link #30
oishii

Send a message via ICQ to oishii
That piece of halibut was good enough for Jenova.
Old 2004-01-08, 16:11   Link #31
Milliniar
otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
No way man, FFIV needs an anime badly! Best evar.
Agreed FFIV = best game ever made! IMO. BUt i actually think FF6 would make the best anime of the series.....
Old 2004-01-14, 22:32   Link #32
Blade556

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryoneWhoPosted
Blahblabblahirrelevantirrelevantsomethingfinalfant asy6insteadblablabla
Ill take that as a yes....?

As for FF6 being the anime, that might be a better idea. But seeing as FF7 seems to be the better of the series, it was just my first thought.

****Speculation Box*******

Cetan's - The race Aeris originated from. All I can say is that maybe the world separated into 2 different caste's, and they built the City Of The Ancients as some kind of border (maybe).

Jenova - Probably the end all to be all of the Cetan's; more descriptively, their (possible) leader. Sephiroth, being her son, obviously inherited her strength.

Cloud - was just infused with Mako (obviously, he WAS a soldier, no?), but perhaps they infused him with some of jenova's cells to make him some sort of twisted plot at exterminating sephiroth....who knows...

and im spent...
Old 2004-01-15, 01:56   Link #33
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

ff7 is my favorite but instead of a movie...i think ff7-2 a game would be much better than a movie :'(

also about ff6...i found out that out of more than 5 polls in japan...ff6 was considered the best storyline and game...O.O
Old 2004-01-15, 13:24   Link #34
Blade556

Yeah, it did have a good storyline. They're both my favourites in the series, but i think that an anime for ONE of them would be greatly appreciated. However, an FF7 - 2 game WOULD be very promising...perhaps somehow Aerith might get revived in it...who knows...
Closed Thread