AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-21, 23:35   Link #3921
revive4563

Yes. The mental problem is hard to understand except himself. That's why they are difficult. Personally, I don't have a problem about Togashi's long break.

I'm really enjoying anime because I quit reading the manga of HxH with his long break as a start.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 03:16   Link #3922
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I don't know why people are so dismissive of this. For all we know he has some long-term terminal illness, or is crippled. Maybe he had a stroke or something and it's physically painful for him to draw. Or maybe not. We have no idea, because he chooses not to tell us. But to go from "he's been using the same excuse for a long time" to "he must be lying because he's lazy" seems like an absurd jump in logic to me. I suppose I should interpret it as a compliment since it means you like his work so much that you don't want to believe that there's any real obstacle to getting it, but it just feels disrespectful to me.
That. Also, there's no "being lazy". Even if it was just that he decided that his works are selling enough that he can live off the royalty for the rest of his life without working, that's a perfectly acceptable strategy. What would you do in his place ? And this is even truer if for example he had simply some chronic illness that makes drawing or working at a stressful pace a pain. I've also heard something about him suffering from depression, which is not very hard to believe seeing how fucking bleak everything he writes is. He's clearly, at the very least, an overthinker, which is a bad starting point for that kind of problems. Why exactly should he care that much? If anything, I'd see his answer as being more equilibrated than working oneself to death just because you can't give up what you're doing - that's called being a work-a-holic.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 04:09   Link #3923
hamazura
whatever

rumour said togashi got absorbed into dragon quest.... now im start playing dragon quest.... i know how togashi feels, this game is too damn exciting
Old 2013-12-22, 04:29   Link #3924
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I went to Jump Festa today, for the first time. The H x H booth was decent-sized, with a very nice merchandise assortment - Gon and Killua were on-hand posing for photos, and they has a couple of seiyuu events at the booth which were ticket-only (including Mamoru Miyano and Namikawa Daisuke, which I'd have loved to see). The main stage event allowed standing-room walk-ups though, so I got there early and sat through the Haikyuu! event first. That was interesting in itself - clearly SJ has another fujoshi hit on their hands here. Murase Ayumu hosted (in-person he really is a little bozu) and the others (especially Hino Satoshi) had a good time trolling him. The biggest applause (and screams) came when they announced the rest of the anime cast, and the one character who's apparently a huge fujoshi darling was announced to be played by Ohsaka Ryouta.

Then came H x H. It was absolutely inescapable how much older the crowd for that one was than the Haikyuu! event - almost all adults, and a lot more males. The big four were all present - Megumi Han (hosting), Ise Mariya, Sawashiro Miyuki and Fujiwara Keiji. Han-kun and Mariya-kun were dressed in very cute Harajuku-girl clothes with short skirts, and Sawashiro-san was ultra-classy and conservative. Fujiwara was exactly as you'd expect - a cool dude, complete with shades. There was a very funny moment when he referred to himself as a "famous idol", and when Han-san made one of her idol moves on the way off-stage, Fujiwara-san imitated her.

In terms of content, it was striking that almost the entire presentation was focused on "The Last Mission". It was also striking that when Han-san - who's absurdly adorable, by the way, and has a lot of Gon in her natural voice - was wrapping up by talking about how much she loves H x H, she started crying. Not just damp eyes, but real crying (how damn sweet is that?). I know I'm probably reading too much into it but it left me a bit melancholy, and I've noticed that Syoboi (which I know isn't a perfect source) still has no schedule for new H x H episodes in January past #111. Does all that mean anything? Who knows - but the TV anime is clearly winding down at the very least, and even if Han's tears and the lack of a schedule aren't ill omens for the fate of H x H in the upcoming season, that's a bit sad.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 04:38   Link #3925
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

^

I'm already pessimistic enough without this information! I really wish Togashi would just make more manga for HxH, but if the man wishes not to, nothing to be said. At the very least I hope the anime adapts everything else in the manga up to this point.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 04:58   Link #3926
Hamster

Only one thing to do really.

Chain him to a chair, give him a pen and paper and make him finish the story. Have someone else draw the manga I'm sure the loyal fans would understand.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 05:01   Link #3927
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm honestly fine with just getting the rest of Chimera Ant animated at this point - anything else is gravy. Those tears and the schedule ambiguity have me very worried. In point of fact, Madhouse and WSJ are getting nothing out of the TV after the schedule change - it would make financial sense for them to finish Chimera Ant in movie form.

It's certainly occurred to me that it might not be a bad idea to just have Togashi write the scripts. I'm sure they could have a team of assistants with a Nakai type lead-assistant who could copy Togashi's style, and still credit the art to Togashi. But maybe Sensei is simply too proud to do that, or maybe he doesn't even have it in him to keep up on the story side at this point - who knows.
Old 2013-12-22, 07:48   Link #3928
Seebeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm honestly fine with just getting the rest of Chimera Ant animated at this point - anything else is gravy. Those tears and the schedule ambiguity have me very worried. In point of fact, Madhouse and WSJ are getting nothing out of the TV after the schedule change - it would make financial sense for them to finish Chimera Ant in movie form.
assuming that the anime does continue, should we be worried again about a drop in animation quality? i agree though, i just want to see the chimera ant arc animated. as long as were not left hanging in the middle of an arc i'm okay with the show being cancelled. but there's still the last mission right? there's still a chance that madhouse can pack enough money to last for two more cours (actually this arc can be wrapped up in less than 20 episodes).
Seebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 10:30   Link #3929
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Togashi and Kentarou Miura are two sides of the same coin so it seems. Nobody really knows how their brain work. :hehL One can only pray and hope that HxH and Berserk are taken more seriously by them.
Old 2013-12-22, 13:35   Link #3930
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I don't know why people are so dismissive of this. For all we know he has some long-term terminal illness, or is crippled. Maybe he had a stroke or something and it's physically painful for him to draw. Or maybe not. We have no idea, because he chooses not to tell us. But to go from "he's been using the same excuse for a long time" to "he must be lying because he's lazy" seems like an absurd jump in logic to me. I suppose I should interpret it as a compliment since it means you like his work so much that you don't want to believe that there's any real obstacle to getting it, but it just feels disrespectful to me.
I don't mind the hiatus if it was for a good reason and if we were given a solid answer instead of this wild mass guess. If he was sick then it's okay. and if he was lazy, that's a different story! However, if it was for writing purposes or if he's really working on all the current manga arc in one go then I'll wait till we get everything he has written so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
In terms of content, it was striking that almost the entire presentation was focused on "The Last Mission". It was also striking that when Han-san - who's absurdly adorable, by the way, and has a lot of Gon in her natural voice - was wrapping up by talking about how much she loves H x H, she started crying. Not just damp eyes, but real crying (how damn sweet is that?). I know I'm probably reading too much into it but it left me a bit melancholy, and I've noticed that Syoboi (which I know isn't a perfect source) still has no schedule for new H x H episodes in January past #111. Does all that mean anything? Who knows - but the TV anime is clearly winding down at the very least, and even if Han's tears and the lack of a schedule aren't ill omens for the fate of H x H in the upcoming season, that's a bit sad.
It's understandable if you go back to her ANN interview when she said Hunter x Hunter was a major influence to her and it was her dream to play Gon. Now imagine all of this coming to an end for her.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...iew-megumi-han
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 14:06   Link #3931
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So what if his reason is that drawing is hard, and he's got enough money? What are you going to do about it?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 18:58   Link #3932
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So what if his reason is that drawing is hard, and he's got enough money? What are you going to do about it?
Nothing at all. I just hope he would have the decency to just abandon it rather than give people hope that it's continuing.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 19:19   Link #3933
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
It's understandable if you go back to her ANN interview when she said Hunter x Hunter was a major influence to her and it was her dream to play Gon. Now imagine all of this coming to an end for her.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...iew-megumi-han
Well, yeah, that's the whole point - that's why I'm worried.
Old 2013-12-22, 21:57   Link #3934
Auria

Han is crying ALOT at HiksH events though, she was tearing up at HiksH events in the very beginning, in the middle. Now... Yes, possible end near, but her crying is not a good indicator imo.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 04:21   Link #3935
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

How often does a show even get canceled in the middle of a story arc? I mean for example our hero is about to get killed, and then suddenly LOLNOPE CANCELED. How often does that even happen?

It could also just be sadness that HxH is ending pretty soon cos they're getting close to the end of the arc.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 04:48   Link #3936
hamazura
whatever

no, dont worry, this anime will end after chimera ant on the next arc. and will get perfect ending scenario for shounen anime
and its still quite long
Old 2013-12-23, 04:58   Link #3937
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
How often does a show even get canceled in the middle of a story arc? I mean for example our hero is about to get killed, and then suddenly LOLNOPE CANCELED. How often does that even happen?

It could also just be sadness that HxH is ending pretty soon cos they're getting close to the end of the arc.
I agree - it's the absence of any January showings on NTV's schedule that has me much more worried.

Occasionally shows do get cancelled in the middle of an arc, but it certainly isn't common. But the circumstances with H x H are so rare as to be possibly unique - a show that's been running for 9 cours and switched to late-night from Sunday morning. The switch to late night is the key, because it basically means Madhouse and Sheushia get nothing from the TV broadcast. If indeed the show stops abruptly, that will have been the main cause.
Old 2013-12-23, 08:34   Link #3938
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Hmmm... as a manga reader, and without wanting to unveil spoilers... I dunno, at this point I guess it would be possible to speed up the pace A LOT and end the battle in maybe one cour worth of episodes. Not less though. Stuff would be cut out and people would complain, but it wouldn't be the total disaster of dropping mid-arc. However, it would be really odd for me to think that they could cut this way a show they are actually going to release the second movie for in a few days.

On the other hand, there's the option of them ending the series as soon as the "big battle" begins and then making it into OVAs. As long as it gets adapted and the quality doesn't drop, I wouldn't care too much. As all manga readers know, there are *certain writing devices* used in the manga at this point that would make a straightforward two chapters -> one episode adaptation rather difficult, and possibly a tad bit too slow paced .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 08:55   Link #3939
Auria

I wouldn't worry about the scheduling that much. Talked about it with a friend since I don't want to acess sites that could probably spoil me (anime-only) here and he guesses there are only 3 eps in the one-month-look-ahead instead of 4 because of the new year break. Found on 2ch that the ep that is to air on 1/14 is supposed to be called "カイブツxトxカイブツ", though staff is unknown atm. Same post lists accurate staff for eps 109-111 if I read correctly though.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 09:06   Link #3940
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
I wouldn't worry about the scheduling that much. Talked about it with a friend since I don't want to acess sites that could probably spoil me (anime-only) here and he guesses there are only 3 eps in the one-month-look-ahead instead of 4 because of the new year break. Found on 2ch that the ep that is to air on 1/14 is supposed to be called "カイブツxトxカイブツ", though staff is unknown atm. Same post lists accurate staff for eps 109-111 if I read correctly though.
Thanks - that's good to hear, though it would make Syoboi's information incorrect. We're certainly looking at a 1-week break at the very least, and probably two - but in the big picture, that's a small concern.

Tags
action, shounen