Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 16:41   Link #26161
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Asemu is already back in the anime.
I know. But like I feel like his Age-2 Dark Hound is going to get destroyed or upgraded into this new one.
Old 2012-06-06, 17:45   Link #26162
Providenceangle

After 10 years of not even looking at gunpla... I'm addicted now lol. Just ordered a bunch of 1/144... Man I gotta keep my spending under control lol.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 18:10   Link #26163
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
After 10 years of not even looking at gunpla... I'm addicted now lol. Just ordered a bunch of 1/144... Man I gotta keep my spending under control lol.
Damn.
=P

Which 1/144 HG kits did you buy? Also, at least your "addiction" isn't quite as bad as mine since my thing is MG kits and 1/100 NG kits, and then if there's isn't one of those for what I want, I get the HG kit..

>_<

I splurged recently at GG Infinite and got 9 HG kits... But only 8 arrived. The other 1 they forgot to pack in and should be arriving soon. But what I did get:

HG 1/144 Exia R2
HG 1/144 Avalanche Dash Exia
HG 1/144 O Gundam (Type ACD)
HG 1/144 O Gudam (Roll Out Colors)
HG 1/144 Reborns Gundam
HG 1/144 1.5 Gundam
HG 1/144 Genoace Custom ---> should be arriving soon
HG 1/144 G-Exes
HG 1/144 G-Bouncer

>_<

Yea. That's what I call a splurge, but I probably won't get any GunPla for a little bit aside from a MG Age-2 Normal, MG Age- Double Bullet, MG Age-3 Normal, MG Age-3 Fortress, MG Age-3 Orbital... and then the JackEdge and DarkHound (either in MG and if not then a HG) and then that new guy.. Gundam AGE-FX either in MG and if that is not done the HG..

>_<
Old 2012-06-06, 18:10   Link #26164
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Vektars HG AGE-3

I just did a review on the HG Age 3 Normal ^_^ please feel free to check it out and give me your opinions. Im actually pretty proud of this kit, i think it came out very well. After building this kit im very much so looking forward to the release and build of the Orbital.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RXoXWCe7tw
Old 2012-06-06, 18:37   Link #26165
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I'm the same, only got into it again last year, after like 13 years absence.

Totally gets to you and you just wanna buy buy buy!

Good thing I decided to save my money recently, hopefully this 15th anniversary of HLJ is a good one!
Old 2012-06-06, 20:34   Link #26166
Providenceangle

@Nike: Kyrios, Arios, 0 Gundam, Age 1 Sparrow(spallow), RG Char zaku. Worse part is, I've already bought RG freedom, HG buster, MG age-1 normal... And before that I got the MG Infinite Justice and hg GM custom. That's a lot for 2 months lol.

@Bonta Kun: Yeah... It's super addictive. I must admit I prefer HG kits. The size and lower cost is nice. They've come a long way as well. With a little bit of tweaking, you can get MG quality.
Old 2012-06-06, 21:12   Link #26167
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Buying Gunpla is addictive indeed, but I’m glad I can control my urge to just buying 2 items per-month. Even with that, my backlog has been growing more and more .

And yeah, HGs are nice especially those you can’t get the MG version like Blue Destiny series, Harmony of Gundam, Hazel series, and some appear-out-of-nowhere HGs like FA Gundam 7th.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:03   Link #26168
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Buying Gunpla is addictive indeed, but I’m glad I can control my urge to just buying 2 items per-month. Even with that, my backlog has been growing more and more .

And yeah, HGs are nice especially those you can’t get the MG version like Blue Destiny series, Harmony of Gundam, Hazel series, and some appear-out-of-nowhere HGs like FA Gundam 7th.
My backlog breached the 50 marker yesterday when i got an interest in AGE Grunt suits

Hg's are better then nothing when you like sideMS or grunt suits, as they rarely get an MG or RG treatment, even for some more popular side MS like the seed Lagowe or the M1 astray we had to wait nearly 10 years to get a simple HG!!!

Bandai should stop making motionless 1/144 non-HG kits, they are a waist of time and energy i.m.o.. I love how in AGE nearly every grunt suits get an 1/144 HG! I wish they would have done that in seed/seed destiny.

P.S. are there people who just make models of a certain color or design (like only zaku's or only GM's, etc.)? I think yes and do they have any nice colelction pictures ?

Last edited by firefox; 2012-06-07 at 06:24.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 03:14   Link #26169
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
By backlog breached the 50 marker yesterday wehn i got an interest in AGE Grunt suits
Wow, that's a lot of homework . Or you can just sell them in the future .

Quote:
Hg's are better then nothing when you like sidems of grunt suits, as they rarely get an MG or RG treatment, even for some more popular side MS like the seed Lagowe or the M1 astray we had to wait nearly 10 years to get a simple HG!!!
Yup, HG's are mainly dedicated for those grunt suits.

Quote:
Bandai should stop making motionless 1/144 non-HG kits, they are a waist of time and energy i.m.o.. I love how in AGE nearly every grunt suits get an 1/144 HG! I wish they would have done that in seed/seed destiny.
Yup. Tbh, some cheap bootleg kits sold on the streets here are on par (or even better) than Bandai's No Grade 1/144.

Quote:
P.S. are there people who just make models of a certain color or design (like only zaku's or only GM's, etc.)? I think yes and do they have any nice colelction pictures ?
I think you'll find a lot of blogs of it. Just type on google something like "Zaku modeller" or "Black MS collector" etc.
Old 2012-06-07, 07:06   Link #26170
Providenceangle

Yeah google is your friend. It's why I got back into gunpla. I saw all the crazy stuff people were doing and had to try it for myself.

Grunt suits deserve love too. Sadly Bandai usually doesn't give them the same treatment as gundams. Though they are getting better, the gm custom was a big surprise for me. The build was fun and had good articulation.

The only sad part is, I find myself wanting to modify almost every MS I buy. I should probably invest in two kits. Expensive, yes, but at least I would be able to have the original to display. Of course part of me says "Well the custom ones you've made are cooler, they are personalized just for you". Kinda double edged sword lol.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:05   Link #26171
casval cehack

Quote:
In this thread, maknaedik has a gallery of red suits.

For those who like to keep the suits in scale (comparisons, diorama), the 1/144 HG selection is a gunpla bonanza. That was even before the RG.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:17   Link #26172
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
@Nike: Kyrios, Arios, 0 Gundam, Age 1 Sparrow(spallow), RG Char zaku. Worse part is, I've already bought RG freedom, HG buster, MG age-1 normal... And before that I got the MG Infinite Justice and hg GM custom. That's a lot for 2 months lol.

@Bonta Kun: Yeah... It's super addictive. I must admit I prefer HG kits. The size and lower cost is nice. They've come a long way as well. With a little bit of tweaking, you can get MG quality.
Well~

Compare that to my backlog right now..

Master Grade
Exia
Exia ~ Ignition Mode ~
00 Raiser
00 Raiser 7 Sword G
00 Qan[T]
Age-1 Normal
Age-1 Titus
Age-1 Sparrow

1/100 No Grade
Exia (Roll Out Colors)
Astraea
Astraea Type F
Avalanche Exia

High Grade
Exia Repair 2
0 Gundam (Type ACD)
0 Gundam (Roll Out)
Reborns Gundam
1.5 Gundam
Avalanche Dash Exia
Genoace Custom --> GG Infinite forgot to package this w/ these HG kits so coming in the mail
G-Exes
G-Bouncer

Old 2012-06-07, 09:51   Link #26173
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
For those who like to keep the suits in scale (comparisons, diorama), the 1/144 HG selection is a gunpla bonanza. That was even before the RG.
Yeah. I'm even tempted to buy suits that I don't like. Such as the Unicorn Destroy mode.
Old 2012-06-07, 14:14   Link #26174
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-FX (Release Date: Aug 2012)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-V6-dIDDbl2...Ec/s1600/1.jpg

o_O

is this like the final version of the lead age gundam? i bet that like asemu is going to come back and pilot this...SUPER PILOTO TIMEZ!!! PEW PEW PEW!! lol
o______o

00 QUANTA IS THAT YOU?

Seriously, how do end up with gn swords bit all a sudden.
Old 2012-06-07, 20:10   Link #26175
Providenceangle

Damnit! I borrowed most of Gundam 00 season 2 from a friend. Now I wanna get the gadessa and garazzo lol. Ah well I'll wait a while and grab them.

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2012-06-07 at 20:56.
Old 2012-06-07, 20:24   Link #26176
evolution_ayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
o______o

00 QUANTA IS THAT YOU?

Seriously, how do end up with gn swords bit all a sudden.
Given that AGE is following the trend of First -> Z -> ZZ I wouldn't be surprised when a Funnel-equipped main suit would appear. Maybe in the inevitable Gundam AGE movie you'd see a main suit with Wings of Light and/or be able to equip multiple Wears.
Old 2012-06-08, 07:43   Link #26177
Bashfulz
Stalker

Quote:
Damnit! I borrowed most of Gundam 00 season 2 from a friend. Now I wanna get the gadessa and garazzo lol. Ah well I'll wait a while and grab them.
both of them are really nice kits! you should get the gaddess too to complete the set.
Bashfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 08:58   Link #26178
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashfulz View Post
both of them are really nice kits! you should get the gaddess too to complete the set.
I want to get a flag and a few others so, I'll get the ones I like from the series. *sigh* Then I have to worry about the age series lol.

I pride myself on not having an addictive personality... So much for that lol.

Little side project:

Spoiler for Frankenbuster:

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2012-06-08 at 10:25.
Old 2012-06-08, 13:12   Link #26179
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
I want to get a flag and a few others so, I'll get the ones I like from the series. *sigh* Then I have to worry about the age series lol.

I pride myself on not having an addictive personality... So much for that lol.

Little side project:

Spoiler for Frankenbuster:
Spoiler for Frankenpulse?:
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 21:00   Link #26180
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ghirarga

Epyon wannabe?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy