AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-07, 19:43   Link #1
Blade556

FF7 Anime: Wouldn't It Be Great?

I think that an anime based on Final Fantasy 7 would be killer. A GREAT storylie to follow (somewhat, if not fully), and GREAT probable popularity. I think that this woud make a GREAT anime...although im sure that with the Final Fantasy 7 movie, Square is not ESPECIALLY looking at an anime. I'm sure they've got their hands full with the CGI and voice acting.

But wouldn't it be great...
Old 2004-01-07, 19:49   Link #2
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade556
I think that an anime based on Final Fantasy 7 would be killer. A GREAT storylie to follow (somewhat, if not fully), and GREAT probable popularity. I think that this woud make a GREAT anime...although im sure that with the Final Fantasy 7 movie, Square is not ESPECIALLY looking at an anime. I'm sure they've got their hands full with the CGI and voice acting.

But wouldn't it be great...
YOUR WISH HAS ARRIVED.

FINAL FANTASY 7-2 : ADVENT CHILDREN

though not hand drawn, it's cg, nor is it actually ff7, but a continuation.

I rather have FF6. that's a killer storyline. FF7 is shit compared to FF6
Old 2004-01-07, 19:57   Link #3
foxdie

fff7 was the best in the series as far as i'm concerned, mainly beacause sephiroth was such a cool guy, but i'd rather see a ps2 or 3 remake, or a sequel than an anime
Old 2004-01-07, 20:01   Link #4
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Though I'd probably watch it, I think that a PS2 remake of FF7 is a far better idea than an anime. It would not only appeal to more people than an anime would, but we could also play it rather than watch it.
Old 2004-01-07, 20:23   Link #5
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
I don't think SquareEnix have any plans for an anime. With a CG motion picture and a Dating Game, Final Fantasy 7 is having the last of its popularity reaped. Although to be honest, I think they should have left it alone long ago.
Old 2004-01-07, 20:39   Link #6
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megane
I don't think SquareEnix have any plans for an anime. With a CG motion picture and a Dating Game, Final Fantasy 7 is having the last of its popularity reaped. Although to be honest, I think they should have left it alone long ago.
can't really blame them, everyone wants a remake of FF7 and a lot of people bitch why did FFX get a sequel and not FF7. So they just did this to please people that whine of never seeing cloud again.
Old 2004-01-07, 21:47   Link #7
DekaMaster
Banned

FF7 is the worst of all the FF's. IMO those that enjoy the game enjoy the battle systems and other systems like mataria. The story has so many plot holes it's not even funny. And the death everyone talks about was lame. It served no purpose story. I hope they let FF7 die with Advent Children. ANother sad thing about AC is that it alone will cause 100 new groups to start up. I can just see it now ADVENT TRANSLATIONS
Old 2004-01-07, 21:55   Link #8
shiznitty

there are a lot of ppl out there who would disagree with you kingranger :P
anyway, hopefully, this wont turn into a flaming thread about who likes ff7 and who doesnt
Old 2004-01-07, 22:10   Link #9
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
FF7 is the worst of all the FF's. IMO those that enjoy the game enjoy the battle systems and other systems like mataria. The story has so many plot holes it's not even funny. And the death everyone talks about was lame. It served no purpose story. I hope they let FF7 die with Advent Children. ANother sad thing about AC is that it alone will cause 100 new groups to start up. I can just see it now ADVENT TRANSLATIONS
That's your opinion and your opinion sucks!
Old 2004-01-07, 22:30   Link #10
Esperchld
Photographer

I can't say I really enjoyed FF7, but it wasn't the worst in my opinion (that spot is held by FF8). I found the story weak and uninspiring. I think FF6, FF9, and FFX to have a better story, however FF7 might make a better anime since it would be easier to condense (not that any of the FF games would be too hard to do that too). The best parts of FF7 in my opinion was the death of aeris and running around the office building.
Old 2004-01-07, 23:27   Link #11
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara11
That's your opinion and your opinion sucks!

And it's your opinion that my opinion sucks. :P
Old 2004-01-08, 01:26   Link #12
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

No way man, FFIV needs an anime badly! Best evar.
Old 2004-01-08, 02:37   Link #13
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
You're right about the battle system and materia, that goes a long way for fans of the game. However, the plot holes are there because of a major last minute change to the story. Aeris wasn't supposed to die originally. It was decided rather late in the game's development to kill her to make the story more dramatic. (I read an interview of one of the people involved, it was a while ago, so I don't have a link, but with enough time I'm sure it can be found) That's also why you can play as her on disks 2 and 3 with a gameshark and there's dialog in some minor scenes. (So I'm told, I haven't actually tried it myself ) They never fully deleted that data because there wasn't time. Though it doesn't explain why it was translated...
Anyway, a few months ago I would have said that any game to anime conversion would suck, but then I saw Shingetsutan tsukihime, KGNE, Kanon, and Da capo. I'm still skeptical about a FF7 anime being good, but I'd watch it. Of course none of the games to anime series I mentioned are the same genre as FF7...
Old 2004-01-08, 03:03   Link #14
Rama
seen Beautiful Life yet?

Hmm FF7 was a great game for its time. Graphics where awesome, the battle system
kept me busy for weeks, the story was well developed and set a standart for games to come...
But the most important thing for a good japanese rpg, the soundtrack, is still unmatched.

I think I would also rather play a remake or a sequel than have an anime of FF7
Old 2004-01-08, 03:49   Link #15
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama
Hmm FF7 was a great game for its time. Graphics where awesome, the battle system
kept me busy for weeks, the story was well developed and set a standart for games to come...
But the most important thing for a good japanese rpg, the soundtrack, is still unmatched.

I think I would also rather play a remake or a sequel than have an anime of FF7

The Graphics made all the characters look like bad polygon popeye's. That is all the game is,a battle system. The story was not well devoloped. It has many major plot holes. It was low quality music. They even said they used a lower quality way to do it to get more into it. Oddly alot of it sounded like remixed FF6 music.
Old 2004-01-08, 03:51   Link #16
Joe Dalton

the story set an example for game to come??????????
It was an entertaining story and possibly the best of the final fantasy series but nowhere near 1 of the best alround.
And like I said before I would rather see an anime based on suikodun

BTW does anyone know what the anime is called the guilty gear games are based on?
Old 2004-01-08, 04:23   Link #17
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
the story set an example for game to come??????????
It was an entertaining story and possibly the best of the final fantasy series but nowhere near 1 of the best alround.
And like I said before I would rather see an anime based on suikodun

BTW does anyone know what the anime is called the guilty gear games are based on?
I found it annoying that 90% of the time you were doing things that had no relation to the main story at all. Plus they should have removed pretty much all the random combat, the only purpose of the random combat is to make the game longer. All Final Fantasy games have that problem. Even when you're like level 99 you still get attacked by, say, killer butterflies every 10 steps.

Oh, and Guilty Gear isn't based on an anime or manga.

Last edited by a_nevels666; 2004-01-08 at 05:34.
Old 2004-01-08, 05:00   Link #18
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
FF7 IMO was the best FF........but FF9 was more of a FILLER......OMG.....i finished it in like......19 hours? or was it less? i dont remember, yes it had better CG.....but that was all......oh , and Bahamut(looked more like Tiamant from FF8) VS Alexander i cant belive Alexander WON that fuckin pissed me off!!!!! maybe thats why i hate it so much? or no WAIT......cuss the characters where stupid as hell too, the only good thing i liked was the ending son Melodies of Life.....that is ALL
Old 2004-01-08, 05:27   Link #19
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
You're right about the battle system and materia, that goes a long way for fans of the game. However, the plot holes are there because of a major last minute change to the story. Aeris wasn't supposed to die originally. It was decided rather late in the game's development to kill her to make the story more dramatic. That's also why you can play as her on disks 2 and 3 with a gameshark and there's dialog in some minor scenes. Though it doesn't explain why it was translated...
Aeris was killed in the story very early in the development of FFVII. There was no major last minute changes. The only last minute change of sorts, was the games releases when it was pushed out to impatient otakus who were protesting outside Squares office for the release of it.
And Aeris does have some minor dialog if you put her in your party. After snow boarding off the mountain the party awakens. Aeris says somelike like "oh, I want to go home!", which is made weirder by her saying it how Aeris speaks. But then again, theres some even weirder things in the debug room. You can access a few scenes with the debug room that were cut from the game... there's also a 15 foot tall Aeris and a talking floor in the debug room. Guess those testings were getting really board :P
And the reasons all the "weird" dialog was translated, is simply because ALL dialog was translated.

And a FFVII Anime would be evil, just like FFVII: AC and FFX-2, which are both also completely evil.
Old 2004-01-08, 06:37   Link #20
degeros
Sinner

Quote:

What are these plot holes that you are referring to? The only one that I can think of is Tseng's sentence saying that he used to play with Aeris as children. If you are talking about who Cloud actually was, there was no plot hole. And as for that death, its just a matter of opinion.
Closed Thread