Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-05-27, 21:21   Link #1401
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Gah, I don't want to see anymore Gerad!! T_T

I think I'll go draw some smexy Erza fanart while this arc is going on instead.
Old 2009-05-28, 03:04   Link #1402
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I want to see all thye Sieghart-faced dudes on the FT universe duke it out and let one survive...for there can be only one! Or at least get on with their story once it begins, it's not fun to have so many missing links for so long.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 07:13   Link #1403
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I wonder what did he meant by saying that Wendy owes Gerard for a certain 'something'.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 09:51   Link #1404
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Whatever the case is, they want to revive Gerard...that's the most satanic thing they can doooo!!!!
Old 2009-05-28, 13:01   Link #1405
Xhokhusmak

Also, didn't Urtear also 'infiltrate' the council? Wouldn't she know where Nirvana is as well? The dark guilds seem to be loosely associated anyway, they could've just asked her instead.

Anyways, these guys truly are a terrible bunch, evil enough to troll some fans with their little ressurection scheme. :\
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 03:32   Link #1406
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

One thing that came to my mind while i had flashbacks of the original Gerrard-arc: Since this arc where Erza was almost done for the author seems to have taken a fancy in taking her out first and putting her in a state of impending doom (petrified, poisoned) for the sake of drama. I guess the end of the Gerard arc was pretty popular huh?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 05:19   Link #1407
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Say, if they want to revive Gerard, doesn't Wendy have to kiss him? That would be so...wrong
Old 2009-05-29, 12:34   Link #1408
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
One thing that came to my mind while i had flashbacks of the original Gerrard-arc: Since this arc where Erza was almost done for the author seems to have taken a fancy in taking her out first and putting her in a state of impending doom (petrified, poisoned) for the sake of drama. I guess the end of the Gerard arc was pretty popular huh?
Yeah, I agree it's pretty stupid, especially since we all know she'll recover and come back to kick some ass later. I'm not at all worried about Erza right now - ever since she survived the whole Aetherion ordeal, I've been pretty sure she won't die.

The end of Gerard's arc was really emotional, since for a while I really thought that she might be dead. In contrast, the poison and petrification just feel like cheap tricks to keep her out of the action so she can return at a later time when the others are having trouble.

I wish they used her character a little more creatively...
Old 2009-05-30, 02:04   Link #1409
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Its a case of her being a higher level character, and they have to take her out of action otherwise the lowbies won't get a chance to shine.

Erza is too much win, so they have to constantly find a reason for her NOT to be owning up on the bad guys.

In the Phantom Arc she blocked the giant magic cannon and wasn't fighting at full power for the rest of that arc, in her own Arc they even had to cheap-shot her with her own emotions just so Natsu got to fight Gerard. In Luxus' Arc they petrified her only to bring her back for the end game, and even then she had to go take out the lightning orbs instead of kicking Luxus' rear.

So until they REALLY need her help, she gets the shaft sadly.
Old 2009-05-30, 03:28   Link #1410
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Its a case of her being a higher level character, and they have to take her out of action otherwise the lowbies won't get a chance to shine.

Erza is too much win, so they have to constantly find a reason for her NOT to be owning up on the bad guys.

In the Phantom Arc she blocked the giant magic cannon and wasn't fighting at full power for the rest of that arc, in her own Arc they even had to cheap-shot her with her own emotions just so Natsu got to fight Gerard. In Luxus' Arc they petrified her only to bring her back for the end game, and even then she had to go take out the lightning orbs instead of kicking Luxus' rear.

So until they REALLY need her help, she gets the shaft sadly.
I don't think she is much higher-level. I think Natsu is already on her level as well.

When they introduced her she seemed to be this really badass character out of all of their leagues, but as time passed she got closer and closer to Natsu's level.

Besides, Luxus was already kicking her ass, but Mashima removed her gracefully, since otherwise they would accuse him of being sexist.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:21   Link #1411
AnymX

It seams that next chapter of Fairy Tail (Note: Not the 137 but 138) will have Color Page & Big News. I wonder that this big news are...
Old 2009-06-01, 15:39   Link #1412
Wargumm1i
Hentai

There goes the Wendy X Natsu possibility. Unless Gerad is re-killed or not revived.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 15:54   Link #1413
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Why, because they've got history? So do Gerard and Erza. So we've got a love square with two boys and two girls.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 16:00   Link #1414
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

WTF is up with that?!!!

really don't know what to make of that, Gerard should really have just stayed 6 feet under.
Really really not liking the part with her saying he was being manipulated n' all, reeks of Gerard taking a change of heart and becoming good later if he's revived
lets hope that ain't the case.

man I was all fired up with Wendy showing up but then it just went downhill after that really, hope Natsu does some really pwnage now. Only thing I can look forward to atm.
Old 2009-06-01, 16:03   Link #1415
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
WTF is up with that?!!!

really don't know what to make of that, Gerard should really have just stayed 6 feet under.
Really really not liking the part with her saying he was being manipulated n' all, reeks of Gerard taking a change of heart and becoming good later if he's revived

man I was all fired up with Wendy showing up but then it just went downhill after that really, hope Natsu does some really pwnage now. Only thing I can look forward to atm.
He already had a change of heart before "dying" anyway. And I don't remember if it was said outright, but it was at least strongly implied he was manipulated.

(Seriously. In his place, it'd take some serious voodoo for me to turn against Erza...)
Old 2009-06-01, 16:13   Link #1416
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Damn Gerad even at death he is causing us readers trouble.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 16:59   Link #1417
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh. I'm just waiting for the Maximum Gerard arc, where an army of Gerard from the Gerard Planet invade Fairy Tail's world.

Or maybe the Death of Gerard, where he dies, and soon after a teenage Gerard, an armored Gerard, an evil cyborg Gerard, and a robot Gerard emerge.
Old 2009-06-01, 17:27   Link #1418
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Wonder what the big announcement will be next issue. I'm with the translator here and hope it's news about an upcoming anime adaption

as for the actual chapter:

Spoiler for 137:

Last edited by Waven; 2009-06-01 at 17:41.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 17:39   Link #1419
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
WTF is up with that?!!!

It's a common thing for Mashima to bring back his villains as good guys, so I don't see why you're so outraged. I didn't like it at first either, but give it a rest already.

I was much more annoyed with Mist Gun having Gerard's face than with Gerard resurrected/being a good guy.
Old 2009-06-01, 18:18   Link #1420
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Wonder what the big announcement will be next issue. I'm with the translator here and hope it's news about an upcoming anime adaption

as for the actual chapter:

Spoiler for 137:
thats what worries me Gerard turning good now I'm not sure I will enjoy, a sense of emoness and sulkingness goes with this.
He was rather poor bad guy, can't really see him making out for a enjoyable read as a good guy.

just as long as he doesn't FT its all good in the end I guess.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen