AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-11-29, 11:26   Link #2281
Solafighter
Hige

Is there a list somewhere, where animes are listed + the information, if there are some mangas and or novels out of it?

Would be better than to check every single anime on wiki.

Thanks ahead.
Old 2008-11-29, 12:51   Link #2282
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Is there a list somewhere, where animes are listed + the information, if there are some mangas and or novels out of it?

Thanks ahead.
Hmmmm, don't know if it's what you are looking for, but ANN encyclopedia always show related links in their listings.

That is, if you check an anime, it will show you links to the related (if available) manga info and viceversa.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8455
Old 2008-11-29, 15:22   Link #2283
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post

Thanks ahead.
http://anidb.net/
There you will find most of the anime shows and movies, I say most because I do not know if you find everthing there ... or does someone know each and every anime

http://www.animenfo.com/
It has a Manga and Anime Database but the Anime Database is not complete, I did not found some Animes there which I've found on anidb
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 17:19   Link #2284
Solafighter
Hige

Thanks you both.
Old 2008-11-30, 01:28   Link #2285
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question:
Wikipedia was written in Japanese as ウィキペディア
So is o+i means wi ( since i knows we don't have "wi" in Hiragana and katakana); and does it apply for all cases (such as Wii= ウィィ )?

Then the only way for Japanese to pronounce "di" is adding de+i ?
Old 2008-11-30, 02:54   Link #2286
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
So is o+i means wi
The first character is a "u".

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 04:55   Link #2287
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

o0 I only see question marks ???????
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 05:23   Link #2288
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Your OS probably doesn't have Japanese fonts installed.

As for the question before that, I cannot fully answer, but my Japanese instructor made a katakana out of my name and the (Anglicized) syllable "wo" is written with ウォ, so yeah. The application does seem likely to be the "normal" one, although someone who actually knows it should answer instead.

Anyway, I have a question of my own: is there some sort of program or website or whatever where you can identify songs by just knowing the sounds? This is especially problematic for classical music which has no key phrases I could approximate and google on (except for rare cases like the Gregorian Chant, which starts with the title anyway).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 09:32   Link #2289
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Question:
Wikipedia was written in Japanese as ウィキペディア
So is o+i means wi ( since i knows we don't have "wi" in Hiragana and katakana); and does it apply for all cases (such as Wii= ウィィ )?

Then the only way for Japanese to pronounce "di" is adding de+i ?
As WK said, that's u+i. It applies to "fi" (fu + i), "fe" etc... Even odd combinations like the "qua" in "quality" may be expressed as クォ (ku + o).

For タ行, however, as you mentioned they use te/de + whatever... so the way Japanese would write the pronounciation of "di", "ti" properly is ディ (de + i), ティ (te + i). Another case is dyu, written as デュ (te + yu), used as the "du" in producer for example.

One exception is the "proper" pronounciation of tu and du (not to be confused with tsu つ and dzu づ - obvious why te/de is used as the root character as seen above)...
The anglicized syllables tu and du are written as トゥ (to + u) and ドゥ respectively.

By the way Wii is ウィー. When lengthening vowels in katakana you usually use ー.

Says someone who still hasn't gone for a single minute of Japanese lessons, anyway
Old 2008-11-30, 15:17   Link #2290
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Can soemone help me, another song has become a ear/mind bug so I am going to gnaw some fan lyrics out of I have aligned the JP lyrics with a full translation I found, I think I have them lined up right ready enough to crate some fan lyrics out of but before I start would like a 2nd opinion.

and yes I have a couple more translations to pile on but I I need to make sure I have them aline right before I continue further.
Spoiler for Lyrics:
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 09:45   Link #2291
amjzz

Ah....probably a stupid question:

Spoiler for image:

While drawing an anime character all the books tell to begin with circles (like in the first part of the image) and then draw the "human form" (the images in the second part).

But my question is....the paper does not damage while erasing the circles? Also, it doesnt leave marks in the paper?.

Its quite confusing...
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 20:02   Link #2292
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Ah....probably a stupid question:

Spoiler for image:

While drawing an anime character all the books tell to begin with circles (like in the first part of the image) and then draw the "human form" (the images in the second part).

But my question is....the paper does not damage while erasing the circles? Also, it doesnt leave marks in the paper?.

Its quite confusing...
use the book as a guideline until you find your own style =3 then you find your own basic of drawing

anyway, you draw those parts very lightly so you can see them but also erase them with ease without damaging the paper, what I usually do it draw the body first nude, like those you've listed but i skip the circle step (which is used to make certain that you don't make the body too thin or out of proportion). over the body which you draw lightly you draw the clothes, hair and detail also lightly but somewhat harder on paper so you can cross it again with the final pencil line to make what you want it to be in total or ink it.

you draw those basics lightly if you want to keep it pencil and ink because you want to see what goes over them (clothes etc) and that way you don't damage paper, unless you erase like a mad man ofc

edit:

I have a kind of example for you so you can see what I mean, though I made this with ink from scratch you can clearly see the joints in the hands etc. but only lightly compared to the rest

Spoiler for image:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 20:21   Link #2293
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Location: all the way in Kentucky, where i live with a man named Bucky, he has a dog named Lucky.
It may seem that anime questions are asked here, but is there a way to set it so you can see if other users are on at the time?
such as the green icon that turns grey when users are off.
Alpha Centauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 20:32   Link #2294
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Centauri View Post
It may seem that anime questions are asked here, but is there a way to set it so you can see if other users are on at the time?
such as the green icon that turns grey when users are off.
You mean this?

http://forums.animesuki.com/online.php

EDIT:

Oh wait, you are asking for a set up/option, right?. It would appear I misunderstood your question. >_< Either way, you can still check who's online (and what they are doing) in the link I gave you.

EDIT 2:

Oh I didn't know you could also check what guests and search engines (bots) are doing.
Old 2008-12-05, 20:46   Link #2295
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Centauri View Post
...see if other users are on at the time?
You might also want to have a look at your contacts list; similar to the list Daniel E. mentioned, but less cluttered and only for users you designate as contacts.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 20:59   Link #2296
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
You might also want to have a look at your contacts list;
Thanks for the link
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 09:52   Link #2297
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question:I am looking for an anime screen of Tessa in Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu(anime), but i can't remember which chapter it is from. Back then i didn't watch this anime in order, and it was a long time ago so can't remember a single thing now (do not have the series here to rewatch as well).

Anyone remember which Ep(s) have the most of Tessa's appearance

I put the same question on FMA thread, but realise not that many visit that sub-forum anymore. I also searched around some anime sites but couldn't find any episode's summary in those.
Old 2008-12-06, 13:44   Link #2298
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

^
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=959
It would be the two episodes with title A Goddess Comes to Japan...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 22:29   Link #2299
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Thank you very much teachopvutru. I will check those two out ^^
Old 2008-12-06, 23:36   Link #2300
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Location: all the way in Kentucky, where i live with a man named Bucky, he has a dog named Lucky.
Thanks Daniel and Night.
ive been understanding this forum alittle better.
Alpha Centauri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious