AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 14:36   Link #1481
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Good point

If there is anything NUNS does, its to abuse new technology. Remember what happened after Space War I when humanity acquired Zentradi cloning technology? They used it to populate the world, then the galaxy

- Tak
From One million to I don't know how many in just a few years, not even a decade, and they still keep going. Granted to a lesser extented due to issues, but if it means preserving their species from another extinction event then what it takes.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 14:37   Link #1482
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
Well they are on the Vajra home world. God knows how many years worth of quartz are on the planet or that ring around it. And as they improve their technology they'll probably learn how to make fold quartz on their own.
Good point. In any case, I'm sure humanity will eventually get to the point where they wouldn't need to get it from the Vajra.

Quote:
From One million to I don't know how many in just a few years, not even a decade, and they still keep going. Granted to a lesser extented due to issues, but if it means preserving their species from another extinction event then what it takes.
IIRC, they eventually had to stop cloning en masse because of genetic issues. It must be weird to live in the Macross universe though with so many clones.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 14:39   Link #1483
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Nah, not even close to a million. Estimates suggest just 40,000 on the SDF-1 to less than 100,000 including colonists on the Moon. So if you think about it, no wonder they had genetic issues. There are only so many ways you can combine the genes of 100,000 people. Then there is this thing with big families... Macross households dig big families...

Sure, it doesn't get as crazy as in Tenchi Muyo, where everyone is related, but its pretty up there...

Funny thing, the cultured Zentradi still outnumber humanity by at least a staggering 100 to 1.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 14:44   Link #1484
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Good point. In any case, I'm sure humanity will eventually get to the point where they wouldn't need to get it from the Vajra.
I doubt they could even reach the Vajra if their going to the same place as in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
IIRC, they eventually had to stop cloning en masse because of genetic issues. It must be weird to live in the Macross universe though with so many clones.
They never get into detail but I'm sure they do something to the DNA so the clones are different. Otherwise we'd see alot of identical copies.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:54   Link #1485
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Nah, not even close to a million. Estimates suggest just 40,000 on the SDF-1 to less than 100,000 including colonists on the Moon. So if you think about it, no wonder they had genetic issues. There are only so many ways you can combine the genes of 100,000 people. Then there is this thing with big families... Macross households dig big families...

Sure, it doesn't get as crazy as in Tenchi Muyo, where everyone is related, but its pretty up there...

Funny thing, the cultured Zentradi still outnumber humanity by at least a staggering 100 to 1.

- Tak
There were some survivors were the Grand Cannon was and apperantly their was more than one cannon, and they also seemed to have space colonies at the time that survived.

There is also the possibility that they salvaged human tissue and genetic material from the corpses and whatever remains on Earth.

Got all this from the Macross Chronology page in the Macross Compendium.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:03   Link #1486
Tak

Quote:
There were some survivors were the Grand Cannon was and apperantly their was more than one cannon, and they also seemed to have space colonies at the time that survived.
I am very aware of that actually. However, there were only a handful of space colonies, one on Mars, the other on the Moon (where the other grand cannon is constructed). However, Mars was depopulated during Space War I, and there cannot be thousands buried under the Grand Canon. Maybe more survivors existed on the moon, but the total could not be a million. My estimate was compiled through Japanese sources, particularly Macross Chronicles.

Quote:
There is also the possibility that they salvaged human tissue and genetic material from the corpses and whatever remains on Earth.
I really doubt there was much left

Considering the Zent bulldozed the entire planet within seconds. Had it been a little longer, and had it not been Baldooza's ego, Earth would have turned into a fiery volcano.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:06   Link #1487
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
I really doubt there was much left

Considering the Zent bulldozed the entire planet within seconds. Had it been a little longer, and had it not been Baldooza's ego, Earth would have turned into a fiery volcano.

- Tak
Well when face with near extinction you pick every scrap you can salvage. Its the little things that can make a big difference. Which is kind of the point of the show.
Old 2011-10-31, 16:19   Link #1488
magnuskn

BTW, although surely a bit off-topic, but there will be a MechWarrior Online game from Piranha Bytes in 2012.

Since there is a chance that it will actually feature the Unseen Mechs ( i.e. the Macross designs ) I thought it pertinent to our collective interests. They claim that they have had no problems with Harmony Gold so far and that they will post information later on if those those particular BattleMech visual designs will be available.
Old 2011-10-31, 16:28   Link #1489
Tak

I've always preferred the Marauder, Warhammer and the Rifleman. Not surprisingly.

They were the only ones that looked like warmachines worth a damn.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-31, 16:31   Link #1490
magnuskn

Quote:
I've always preferred the Marauder, Warhammer and the Rifleman. Not surprisingly.

They were the only ones that looked like warmachines worth a damn.

- Tak
So you preferred the Wasp and Stinger, too.

I guess I was always more a fan of the actual technical design than the looks. The Awesome looks horrible, but is... awesome. ^^
Old 2011-10-31, 16:41   Link #1491
Tak

Absolutely not, I stayed the hell away from the Wasp and Stinger, they were out of place, even in a verse that cobbled mechanical designs from all over Japan.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-31, 16:47   Link #1492
magnuskn

Quote:
Absolutely not, I stayed the hell away from the Wasp and Stinger, they were out of place, even in a verse that cobbled mechanical designs from all over Japan.

- Tak
Eh, at least half of the Mechs in existance are humanoid. ^^

Anyway, we are getting way ^^
Old 2011-10-31, 16:54   Link #1493
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
BTW, although surely a bit off-topic, but there will be a MechWarrior Online game from Piranha Bytes in 2012.

Since there is a chance that it will actually feature the Unseen Mechs ( i.e. the Macross designs ) I thought it pertinent to our collective interests. They claim that they have had no problems with Harmony Gold so far and that they will post information later on if those those particular BattleMech visual designs will be available.
*twitch*

*twitch*

Mech... Warrior... Mercenaries... Online... Starting year 3049... with chronology occurring... in real time.

This... This is my WET DREAM of a BattleTech game.

If you need me, I think I'll be on The Rock in the Periphery on August 13 of next year piloting a Hollander.

Okay, that's enough fanboying. This is not the right forum (or website even). But I would be very interested to hear if they finally resolved all that Harmony Gold nonsense. That's plagued both of my favorite mecha franchises all my life. It may offer some hope for Macross finally getting dubs of the newer series.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 17:00   Link #1494
Tak

To bring this back to topic, did I mention the gynoid Sheryl I got was an absolute technical masterpiece?

- Tak

Old 2011-11-03, 14:43   Link #1495
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How long had Quarter been in service at the start of Frontier? The VF-25s were generally new, bu what of Quarter?
Old 2011-11-03, 16:19   Link #1496
Lancel

I'd expect a number of years, as they speak of a refit in the series, but I don't know for certain, but I would expect no longer than a decade at most given its capabilities.

Last edited by Lancel; 2011-11-03 at 16:58.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 18:28   Link #1497
ReddyRedWolf

Macross Quarter struck me as the prototype developed in Frontier. As Wings of Goodbye shown SMS has five other Macross Quarters.

Though the VF-25 is unique to Frontier's SMS it seems due to combat testing.

SMS is more than just a mercenary company its a delivery service. As Macross Dynamite 7 has shown even in that era there are still pirates.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 18:35   Link #1498
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
As Macross Dynamite 7 has shown even in that era there are still pirates.
The Macrossverse has exactly the circumstances where most pirates would call home, imo.

- Tak

Old 2011-11-03, 18:45   Link #1499
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With all these Macross colonies heading out, how many have settled on other worlds? That is their point as oppose to being mobile city-states wondering around.

Or are they suppose to be bringing culture to the remaining Zentrali so that the humans can gather up that population as well (since it is quite clear that micro-sized Zentrati can breed with Humans).
Old 2011-11-03, 18:55   Link #1500
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
With all these Macross colonies heading out, how many have settled on other worlds? That is their point as oppose to being mobile city-states wondering around.
Indeed the purpose of Macross colonies is to find habitable worlds or worlds that can be terraformed. Nonetheless, many colonies are still wandering around, such as Macross 11, which had been launched for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Or are they suppose to be bringing culture to the remaining Zentrali so that the humans can gather up that population as well (since it is quite clear that micro-sized Zentrati can breed with Humans).
That is also one of their purpose, and the purpose of the NUNS military. Macross 7 for example, brought in an entire fleet of 200,000+ ships in a TV special...

- Tak